Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Tribes Ascend

A4: IN THE DUNGEONS OF THE SLAVE LORDS
6C. Kobold's Kitchen

Member 773

Level 21.70

Mar 2006

Old Apr 30, 2012, 12:17 PM Local time: Apr 30, 2012, 12:17 PM #1 of 6
Tribes Ascend

Has anyone else been checking this out? It's turning out to be damned fun for a free to play game and well it still plays like Tribes dammit.

If for some reason anyone around here doesn't know what that's like then imagine 40 man competitive skiing where everyone is equipped with jet packs and grenade launchers.

Here's a link for if you want to sign up for it and benefit me.

https://account.hirezstudios.com/tri...campaign=email

And here's a normal one for if you don't but want to play anyway. Really you should be at least giving it a go what with the freeness and all

https://account.hirezstudios.com/tribesascend/

And they've got something where you can get about enough in game gold to unlock a weapon for one class if you like them on facebook so look for that as well.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Lady, I was gonna cut you some slack, cause you're a major mythological figure but now you've just gone nuts!
RacinReaver
Never Forget

Member 7

Level 44.22

Feb 2006

Old May 2, 2012, 11:11 AM Local time: May 2, 2012, 09:11 AM #2 of 6
Downloaded it yesterday, played it for a little bit. Couldn't help but laugh when I heard hearing people shout SHAZBOT.

Game was fun, although I'd much rather just pay $50 upfront for the game and not deal with freemium bullshit and unlocks.

I'll probably make this game my backup for a little while when I'm not play L4D2, but the rather crazy amount of experience needed to unlock weapons (something like 100,000 to get an alternative to that crappy shotgun for the medium armor class) is a bit obnoxious.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
6C. Kobold's Kitchen

Member 773

Level 21.70

Mar 2006

Old May 3, 2012, 01:41 PM Local time: May 3, 2012, 01:41 PM #3 of 6
Yeah the rate at which XP is accrued combined with the prices on stuff is fairly over the top. From what I understand prices have already been lowered since beta though so maybe they just started high and are adjusting down incrementally to find the sweet spot.

Or you know just to frustrate you into buying shit with real money when you realize it'll take a month to kit out your class.

Add o'l Cettehamsterla to your in game friends list will you for good times midair exploding.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Lady, I was gonna cut you some slack, cause you're a major mythological figure but now you've just gone nuts!
RacinReaver
Never Forget

Member 7

Level 44.22

Feb 2006

Old May 4, 2012, 08:56 AM Local time: May 4, 2012, 06:56 AM #4 of 6
I imagine they're also trying to get you to make that first purchase so you get the forever 50% exp bonus, as well. I mean, I got something like 3k in one round last night, so if that magically turned into 4.5k it would really make things go a lot faster.

Also unlocked the sniper class. Holy cow what a joke. A fully charged shot does absolutely nothing to a heavy. The only way I felt the smallest bit useful is if I'm trying to pick off people running away who are almost dead. Then I feel bad for kill stealing. =\

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
RacinReaver
Never Forget

Member 7

Level 44.22

Feb 2006

Old May 12, 2012, 11:58 PM Local time: May 12, 2012, 09:58 PM #5 of 6
Apparently I just got to be a high enough level now where I'm put on servers with people that have all the guns unlocked. Gotta say I don't feel the gun balance isn't quite where I'd like to see it as some loadouts just seem way more powerful than they should be.

Also, the lack of any sort of decent way to get teamwork going really bothers me, and is probably what's preventing me from actually putting a few bucks down since I'm not sure how long I'll actually play it.

Most amazing jew boots
6C. Kobold's Kitchen

Member 773

Level 21.70

Mar 2006

Old May 13, 2012, 05:49 AM Local time: May 13, 2012, 05:49 AM #6 of 6
Yeah the first time they dump you out of the kiddie pool in matchmaking is pretty brutal. Especially for facing fully kitted out and practiced raiders in a deathmatch. Being a soldier still wielding a thumper when everyone else has diskfusers can get pretty ugly as well.

Some sort of built in voice chat wouldn't have hurt either. With the speed and and the 16 on 16 nature of the game it tends to descend into a total clusterfuck.

Which you know is kinda fun but would be really frustrating to try to get competitive in.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

Last edited by A4: IN THE DUNGEONS OF THE SLAVE LORDS; May 13, 2012 at 08:04 AM.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > Tribes Ascend