Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Filing a PS1000 (USPS damaged mail claim)

Kaleb.G
Kaleb Grace

Member 13

Level 43.47

Feb 2006

Old May 30, 2006, 11:03 PM Local time: May 30, 2006, 08:03 PM #1 of 5
Filing a PS1000 (USPS damaged mail claim)

http://www.usps.com/insuranceclaims/domestic.htm
http://www.usps.com/forms/_pdf/ps1000.pdf

Okay, so a guy bought a painting from me on eBay. I insured it and send it through Priority Mail. I got a message from him saying that it was smashed. So now I need to file a claim.

My big question is, what is do be done with the damaged item? Should he bring it to his nearest post office, or ship it back to me? And if he brings it to his post office, would he need to file the claim, or could I still do it separately? Also, if he needs to file the claim, won't I need to send the original reciept to him?

Kinda confusing. Please help, fellow members.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Eleo
Banned

Member 516

Level 36.18

Mar 2006

Old May 30, 2006, 11:16 PM #2 of 5
I have no advice to contribute, but I'm wondering how much the painting cost/was worth? My friend sent me an elephant statue thingy but it reached me extremely broken (like someone put effort forth to break it). We were both pissed.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Summonmaster
The best exploding rabbit user there is.

Member 695

Level 43.57

Mar 2006

Old May 30, 2006, 11:23 PM #3 of 5
Sorry I have no definitive advice either. I'm just intrigued since I sent my magical box out today at the post office, so I hope that doesn't happen (I paid for insurance too).

I would let the people at the post office hande it. Your friend could just explain the whole deal about you getting insurance and ask what the protocol is, since people there should know what to do in this sort of situation, seeing as how they work there and such.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
PiccoloNamek
Lunar Delta Cybernetics

Member 704

Level 31.89

Mar 2006

Old May 30, 2006, 11:38 PM Local time: May 30, 2006, 09:38 PM #4 of 5
Originally Posted by Kaleb.G
http://www.usps.com/insuranceclaims/domestic.htm
http://www.usps.com/forms/_pdf/ps1000.pdf

Okay, so a guy bought a painting from me on eBay. I insured it and send it through Priority Mail. I got a message from him saying that it was smashed. So now I need to file a claim.

My big question is, what is do be done with the damaged item? Should he bring it to his nearest post office, or ship it back to me? And if he brings it to his post office, would he need to file the claim, or could I still do it separately? Also, if he needs to file the claim, won't I need to send the original reciept to him?

Kinda confusing. Please help, fellow members.
He will need to file at his post office. He needs to take the package and the wrappings with him to show how it was packaged and how it arrived. the box should say insured but you may need to send him the paperwork you have on it. Be sure to check his feedback to be sure this is not a habit. I had someone say a painting arrived damaged and when I asked them to send an email with pictures of the box they all of a sudden left positive feedback and I never heard another word about it.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

Kaleb.G
Kaleb Grace

Member 13

Level 43.47

Feb 2006

Old May 31, 2006, 01:27 AM Local time: May 30, 2006, 10:27 PM #5 of 5
Originally Posted by PiccoloNamek
Be sure to check his feedback to be sure this is not a habit. I had someone say a painting arrived damaged and when I asked them to send an email with pictures of the box they all of a sudden left positive feedback and I never heard another word about it.
His feedback is next to nothing. I actually am skeptical about the condition of the item, so I'm waiting for a response from him about it. Anyhow, thanks for the information!

Here's the item in question, for the curious:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=7414241652

It's actually my mother's painting. I'm just selling it for her.

I was speaking idiomatically.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion > Filing a PS1000 (USPS damaged mail claim)