Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Music and Trading > General Game Music Discussion
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Album] Suite Wizardry - We Love Wizardry (BY30-5179)

eriol33
nunally vi brittania commands you...

Member 1131

Level 41.71

Mar 2006

Old Mar 8, 2006, 03:37 AM Local time: Mar 8, 2006, 03:37 PM #1 of 2
Suite Wizardry - We Love Wizardry (BY30-5179)

Composer: Kentaro Haneda
Release Date: 1987

Tracklist
1. Opening 3:34
2. Castle 3:06
3. Gilgamesh's Tavern 3:30
4. Adventurer's Inn 3:36
5. Boltac's Trading Post 3:27
6. Temple of Cant 2:48
7. Edge of Town 2:53
8. Camp 3:21
9. Dungeon 3:40
10. Fight 4:11
11. Exterminated 1:43
12. Werdna 2:16
13. Complete 2:34

All right, Haneda's name is not really famous in VGM world, but take a look of this nice arrangement of the Wizardry soundtrack. All I could say is...nice, it's very classical in style and very suitable with the theme of fantasy world of Wizardry. Kentaro Haneda using nice synth in this entire soundtrack.

The opening theme is a bit cheesy and not really grandiose like you found in the Orchestral Game Concert, I think the opening itself one of the flaw in this soundtrack. There are two type of songs in this cd, the town themes (track 2-8) and the dungeon themes (9-12). The town themes are nice honestly... Just perfect I would say. The castle theme using flute synth and instrument that I couldn recognize of (well, I'm not expert about this synth thingie, pardon me), the song is bit heroic, kinda picturing the voyage of brave warrior of wizardry worlds.

The next song is Gilgamesh's Tavern, a bit comical song, this one also is a very nice song, it perfectly portrays a scene of the mediaval-fantasy tavern. The Inn song is a kind of lullaby-like, very alluring but also dramatic, in the middle of the song you could hear the use of synth choir. The next track, the Boltac's trading post is my favorite track in the entire CD... it's just fun to listen to, this song a bit comical plus a bit orchestral. For The Temple of Cant, it's using organ as the main instrument, kinda remind you of the baroque style, mediocre I would say, but could portray the scene of Church perfectly. The Edge of Town is also nice track, using synth flute like in the 2nd track, It gives picture heroes travelling outside the town, looking for dungeon, melodious and dramatic.

for the dungeon themes... i dont really like them. The songs are creepy and perfectly depict the dark hall of these dungeons. The camp theme is song that using choir as accompaniment, nice song and very classical. The Werdna theme is a variation of the wizardry main theme, but in minor version (or atonal?).

Overall, this is a very excellent album, apart from using synth as the main instrument. I really recommend you to listen to this CD. It's very suited to people who's looking for VGM with mediaval songs theme (just like me).

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Last edited by eriol33; Mar 8, 2006 at 03:40 AM.
Kaleb.G
Kaleb Grace

Member 13

Level 43.47

Feb 2006

Old Mar 8, 2006, 01:32 PM Local time: Mar 8, 2006, 10:32 AM #2 of 2
The thread icon has been removed to keep this more inline with the other album threads. Feel free to give this album the rating you think it deserves by rating the thread using the link in the top right above your post, and it will be reflected on the list of threads.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Music and Trading > General Game Music Discussion > [Album] Suite Wizardry - We Love Wizardry (BY30-5179)