Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Movie] L O S T [possible spoilers]

Krelian
everything is moving

Member 6422

Level 41.55

May 2006

Old May 16, 2009, 07:41 AM Local time: May 16, 2009, 12:41 PM #326 of 595
Originally Posted by Sian
Spoiler:
Because if that statue is Taweret, the goddess of birth and all that jazz
Spoiler:
Debunked, I believe. Now that we've seen it's clearly not a representation of a pregnant woman, there's a trend towards people saying it's Sobek, the god of the Nile and an incarnation of Ra.

Originally Posted by Timberwolf8889
Spoiler:
So it's safe to say that the Cabin Jacob was in wasn't Jacob but Jacob's evil buddy, as they said that it had been used by someone else. Meaning Locke's spiritual connection with the island was with the baddy.
Spoiler:
I figured exactly the same thing. Jacob's nemesis was the chap who appeared in the cabin for a split-second back in season three, and he took the form of Christian Shephard afterwards. I'm guessing that although Horace built/designed the cabin as a holiday spot or suchlike, at some point it was repurposed for imprisoning the bad man and somehow sealing him in with the ring of ash - which would explain why Ilana was all OH SHIT and torched the place when she noticed the gap in the ring. Going along with the this-guy-is-the-monster theory, though, it's hard to explain how he was simultaneously trapped in the cabin AND tormenting the rest of the island...

It would make sense, though - not-Locke wasn't shown onscreen with the monster once this season, and Ben's "trial" was awfully convenient for his cause if this theory comes together - he was unable to enter the catacombs because he'd be taking the form of the monster (and Alex) down below.

Quote:
Spoiler:
So it's safe to say that the Cabin Jacob was in wasn't Jacob but Jacob's evil buddy, as they said that it had been used by someone else. Meaning Locke's spiritual connection with the island was with the baddy.
Spoiler:
Interesting, but I'm not so sure. Remember back in season one, where we saw that shot of Locke looking up at the monster (from its point of view), and he later described it as "something beautiful" and a "bright light"? There's a prevailing theory that this wasn't the monster at all - it was Jacob taking a similar form, but being that Jacob isn't being quite so overtly antagonistic as his enemy, he appears as a bright light rather than a cloud of black smoke.

Quote:
Spoiler:
Also, the writers have hinted there might be more than one smoke monster. HOW WILL THEY DO THIS IN ONE MORE SEASON?!
wat

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Timberwolf8889
To the darkness of time!

Member 33139

Level 17.22

Mar 2009

Old May 16, 2009, 10:57 AM Local time: May 16, 2009, 04:57 PM #327 of 595
Spoiler:

There was an interview, I'm sorry I can't source when where the writers hinted that Jacob may have his own avatar. I'll look for it now...

Ok...I take it back, I can't back it up (or at least I haven't found anything yet.

Spoiler:
But what Locke saw in Walkabout could have been Jacob's avatar. Maybe I'm just thinking too much into it...

FELIPE NO

Last edited by Timberwolf8889; May 16, 2009 at 03:11 PM. Reason: Lack of knowing what I'm talking about.
Sousuke
...it was not.

Member 1133

Level 33.80

Mar 2006

Old May 16, 2009, 08:44 PM #328 of 595
Oh jeez. I just watched this last night, and didn't realize that it was the finale until it ended. I just assumed there would be more because 17 is an odd number for a full season. Ah well.

Spoiler:
When Jacob said "They're coming..." what do you think he was trying to say? I mean, at first I assumed that it was Ilana and Richard [et al], but after thinking about it, and seeing the final scene with Juliet, I'm driven to think that maybe the Losties in 1977 might have been 'shot back to the present' when the bomb went off. It was the same sort of white light from the time flashes in early season 5.

Also, the whole scene when Juliet was dragged into the pit was pretty tear-jerking. I was really starting to like her, too.

Worst part is... having to wait until 2010 to see how it all pans out.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
chocojournal | rate! 1 2 3 4 5
twtr // g+ // dA // bklg // l.fm // XBL // tmblr
Krelian
everything is moving

Member 6422

Level 41.55

May 2006

Old May 16, 2009, 10:17 PM Local time: May 17, 2009, 03:17 AM #329 of 595
A new ARG's starting. Boring code-breakery aside, it boils down to people who've been watching it unfold on Twitter getting messages saying: "Are you a candidate? Await further instructions May 18."

Spoiler:
"Candidate"? Wasn't Ilana's group mulling over whether or not Lapidus would make a good candidate? Candidate for what?

How ya doing, buddy?
[M]artin
Syklis Green

Member 16758

Level 8.94

Dec 2006

Old May 17, 2009, 02:00 AM Local time: May 17, 2009, 02:00 AM #330 of 595
Spoiler:
But didn't Richard take young Ben to be healed at the Temple, where the Black Smoke monster lives? I thought Richard was on the same side as Jacob.
Wellllll...

Spoiler:
...I thought he was on Jacob's side as well (receiving orders, lists from him, and whatnot), but I remembered that Richard told Locke that he must die to bring the others back. If having Locke die was the Rival's loophole, then how else would Richard have known about that detail without contacting the Rival directly? Maybe Richard is a double-agent type? Also, if Richard is in cahoots with Rival, maybe they decided from the moment Smokey saved Ben that Ben would built up to be this "Leader" and eventually coaxed into killing Jacob as an adult. Perhaps Rival/Smokey had this plan mapped out since the 70's? Maybe Jacob never saw Ben because the "Leader Position" was just made-up by Richard for controlling purposes (Rival/Locke: "You seem to be making up all of these rules now" & Jacob: "You? What about you?") But then again, Rival/Locke seemed to be giving Richard lots of trouble while traveling to Jacob's new home, so they're both either putting on a show OR don't actually have an alliance. Goddammit.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Timberwolf8889
To the darkness of time!

Member 33139

Level 17.22

Mar 2009

Old May 17, 2009, 04:19 AM Local time: May 17, 2009, 10:19 AM #331 of 595

Spoiler:
...I thought he was on Jacob's side as well (receiving orders, lists from him, and whatnot), but I remembered that Richard told Locke that he must die to bring the others back.
Spoiler:
when was this? Isn't the only time he said that when not-Locke instructed him to say it?

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Jessykins
Burnt out on dealing with mortals

Member 444

Level 31.50

Mar 2006

Old May 17, 2009, 04:48 AM Local time: May 17, 2009, 02:48 AM #332 of 595
That was kind of what I gathered.

Spoiler:
I'm thinking this guy can only take the form of someone dead. By convincing Alpert to tell Locke what must be done I think he was helping himself to the body of a man he knew he could use to manipulate others.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
[M]artin
Syklis Green

Member 16758

Level 8.94

Dec 2006

Old May 17, 2009, 02:20 PM Local time: May 17, 2009, 02:20 PM #333 of 595
Spoiler:
when was this? Isn't the only time he said that when not-Locke instructed him to say it?
Spoiler:
Ack! I neglected the fact that Locke was in actuality "Nocke" (Not-Locke) for practically the entire season now...

But I wonder... I'm trying to wrap my head around the reason why Nocke instructed Richard to tell Locke he must die. I mean, Nocke is already standing there, on the island, under the disguise of Locke so... maybe he has to continuously keep this one big loop intact? (Although, the time jumps are pretty much over now...)

Most amazing jew boots
Timberwolf8889
To the darkness of time!

Member 33139

Level 17.22

Mar 2009

Old May 17, 2009, 02:24 PM Local time: May 17, 2009, 08:24 PM #334 of 595
Spoiler:
Ack! I neglected the fact that Locke was in actuality "Nocke" (Not-Locke) for practically the entire season now...

But I wonder... I'm trying to wrap my head around the reason why Nocke instructed Richard to tell Locke he must die. I mean, Nocke is already standing there, on the island, under the disguise of Locke so... maybe he has to continuously keep this one big loop intact? (Although, the time jumps are pretty much over now...)
Spoiler:
Because Nocke had to set in motion the series of events that would get Locke killed, so he could use his body (or so my theory is) or at the least I agree with that theory.

[M]artin
Syklis Green

Member 16758

Level 8.94

Dec 2006

Old May 17, 2009, 02:52 PM Local time: May 17, 2009, 02:52 PM #335 of 595
Spoiler:
Because Nocke had to set in motion the series of events that would get Locke killed, so he could use his body (or so my theory is) or at the least I agree with that theory.
Spoiler:
Do the events that already happened and the events that are being set into motion overlap to a point (Cause and Effect co-exist due to time jumps)? What I mean is, standing there at that moment was Richard, Nocke, and Ben. From what I remember, Ben had already killed Locke off-island at this point (he even tells Richard this right after injured Locke time jumps out of their sight), yet Nocke is just beginning to set that chain into motion during that point, simultaneously.

How ya doing, buddy?
Put Balls
i

Member 100

Level 26.08

Mar 2006

Old May 17, 2009, 03:07 PM Local time: May 17, 2009, 10:07 PM #336 of 595
Spoiler:
Do the events that already happened and the events that are being set into motion overlap to a point (Cause and Effect co-exist due to time jumps)? What I mean is, standing there at that moment was Richard, Nocke, and Ben. From what I remember, Ben had already killed Locke off-island at this point (he even tells Richard this right after injured Locke time jumps out of their sight), yet Nocke is just beginning to set that chain into motion during that point, simultaneously.
I think this Locke dude knows enough about this manyworld time travel to know what to do to manipulate it. If anyone ever listened to Miles, he explained this whole season quite explicitly (to Hurley, even though it was just exposition to the more stupid viewers). I think Miles knew what was going to happen, too.

The loop is different every time, though, so no one can be completely sure of everything.

The following isn't theorizing anymore, I'm just humoring myself. The interesting thing was Jacob visiting "everyone" in their past. He knew what to do with time, too. I wonder if Jacob was actually the one who did this all to Locke, when he was initially injured and couldn't walk anymore. So, Locke was never himself, and when he met Jacob the first time on the island he got a revelation of sorts, starting to act all bonkers and doing idiotic shit.

Jessykins

Member 444

Level 31.50

Mar 2006

Old May 17, 2009, 04:12 PM Local time: May 17, 2009, 02:12 PM #337 of 595
Spoiler:
I just said that! Are my posts invisible or what?

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Timberwolf8889
To the darkness of time!

Member 33139

Level 17.22

Mar 2009

Old May 18, 2009, 06:20 AM Local time: May 18, 2009, 12:20 PM #338 of 595
I just said that! Are my posts invisible or what?
Naw, I saw it, thus saying I agreed with that theory. Just forgot to name drop.

Misogynyst Gynecologist
In A Way, He Died In Every War

Member 389

Level 49.28

Mar 2006

Old May 20, 2009, 11:03 PM 2 #339 of 595
Nothing to do with your crappy show really...

YouTube Video

Terry O'Quinn jams on MTV, early 1990s.

Jessykins

Member 444

Level 31.50

Mar 2006

Old May 21, 2009, 12:16 AM Local time: May 20, 2009, 10:16 PM #340 of 595
Terry O'Quinn is awesome. But...

Spoiler:
Lehah is a faggot

Most amazing jew boots
Misogynyst Gynecologist
In A Way, He Died In Every War

Member 389

Level 49.28

Mar 2006

Old May 21, 2009, 12:22 AM #341 of 595
Oh Jessy, you'll never win my heart.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Jessykins

Member 444

Level 31.50

Mar 2006

Old May 21, 2009, 02:36 AM Local time: May 21, 2009, 12:36 AM #342 of 595
Again, you mean. You only have one heart to give.

Most amazing jew boots
Rayne
Chocobo

Member 480

Level 10.26

Mar 2006

Old May 26, 2009, 12:18 AM Local time: May 26, 2009, 01:18 AM #343 of 595
At that scene with Rose and Bernard they made it seem like she was pregnant. Did anyone else catch that? When he asks if she wants some tea and she looks at him funny holding her stomach...

FELIPE NO
Tawnee Van Pelt
Everybody Hertz

Member 227

Level 23.36

Mar 2006

Old Jan 29, 2010, 02:54 PM Local time: Jan 29, 2010, 01:54 PM #344 of 595
I thought I was to bump this the day on the final season premiere, which is next tuesday, but guess what, someone leaked 4.12 minutes of the first episode.

You can watch it here: LOST - Episode 6.01 Sneak Peak

To make this worth it, are there still fans outhere? What are you expecting for this final season? To me 4 was a good season but then 5 came up and looking back it seems a little bland, but hey, it was a good set up for the things to come.

Wall Feces
Holy Cow! What Happened!

Member 493

Level 46.34

Mar 2006

Old Jan 29, 2010, 03:16 PM #345 of 595
I thought Season 4 was the best overall season, but with the lamest ending. Season 5 was solid all the way through and had one of the best finales of the series (with the exception of what happened at the VERY end). I'm extremely pumped for Season 6 and honestly don't know what to expect. I'm hoping this show gets the terrific finale it deserves. With the way the show's been building to its conclusion, if it's anything less than brilliant, I'll be disappointed. We shall see!

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Tawnee Van Pelt
Everybody Hertz

Member 227

Level 23.36

Mar 2006

Old Jan 29, 2010, 03:38 PM Local time: Jan 29, 2010, 02:38 PM #346 of 595
On a side note, after watching the video:

Spoiler:
Actually, more than a sneak peek it's just hell of a teaser with lots of recycled scenes. They weren't lying when they said season 6 will pick up right after the finale of the last season though...

I poked it and it made a sad sound
Struttin'

Member 24

Level 51.86

Mar 2006

Old Jan 29, 2010, 06:13 PM #347 of 595
This sums up my views on LOST pretty well:
YouTube Video

That video preview thing pisses me off. They better not kick it back to the whole "it never really happened" concept.

I keep thinking it will be a Dark Tower kind of situation where OOPS I FORGOT THE HORN, LET'S DO IT ALL OVER AGAIN thing. I recall Stephen King's being mighty influential with the show.

Tawnee Van Pelt
Everybody Hertz

Member 227

Level 23.36

Mar 2006

Old Jan 31, 2010, 08:31 PM Local time: Jan 31, 2010, 07:31 PM #348 of 595
Another sneak peak has surfaced, this time with new footage: Watch it here.

Spoiler:
It was a nice Richard scene, finally taking a more aggressive attitude. I lked it. It's amazing that it's just a tiny fraction of the 2 hour premiere. I really hope it lives up to the hype.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

Timberwolf8889
To the darkness of time!

Member 33139

Level 17.22

Mar 2009

Old Feb 1, 2010, 07:38 AM Local time: Feb 1, 2010, 01:38 PM #349 of 595
I'm honestly avoiding every sneak peak I can and I'll just see what happens on Feb 3rd (the day I can pirate it...). There's so many different directions they can take it and based off of what the producers have said, their mind is in the right place.

My only worry is that they try to offer too many answers because at this point any answer they give wont satisfy more than 20% of the fan base. I hope they just do the ol' "We'll point you in the right direction...your imagination can do the rest."

So excited now, nearly pissing myself!

I was speaking idiomatically.
Dopefish
I am becoming a turkey.

Member 42

Level 42.28

Mar 2006

Old Feb 2, 2010, 11:24 PM #350 of 595
Spoiler:
So it will be interesting to see how this alternate reality timeline comes in contact with the main storyline other than Juliet's cryptic "It worked". I was quite happy to see Charlie again and I'm curious to know how much a role he'll play this season.

Glasses guy: "There are risks."
Jack: "Do what you've got to do."
Glasses guy: "Seriously, there are major conse--
Jack: "whatevs"

o jack u

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > [Movie] L O S T [possible spoilers]