Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[DS] Nervous Brickdown

Infernal Monkey
TEAM MENSA

Member 15

Level 45.57

Feb 2006

Old May 9, 2007, 10:55 AM Local time: May 10, 2007, 01:55 AM #1 of 7
Nervous Brickdown

Quote:
Featuring 135 diverse levels spanning over 10 unique modes, Nervous Brickdown turns classic brick-breaking gameplay on its head by taking players into other retro gaming worlds such as intense space shooters, action platforms, and scary haunted houses. Do everything from controlling submarines or blowing the ball into bricks to taking on boss monsters.

This is just a Breakout (break blocks with ball and paddle) clone but WHAT THE BLOODY HELL IS GOING ON. It looks so completely awesome and confusing in the best possible way! Developed by Arkedo (their first ever game) and published by Eidos. Should be out sometime in the next month or two. There WAS a half finished site up here, but now it's just 'new website coming soon!' From what I saw earlier, the site will eventually feature MP3's from the games soundtrack and a trailer. Can't wait to see this all in motion! INSTANT BRAIN DAMAGE.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Elmoogle
Review your CD, slacker!

Member 174

Level 11.98

Mar 2006

Old May 9, 2007, 11:42 AM Local time: May 9, 2007, 11:42 AM #2 of 7
What? A US release with a clever title? This is clearly just a temporary thing and I'm sure they will change the name to something far more respectable, like Brick Madness or eXtreme bRix, before release.

How ya doing, buddy?

This picture of a My Little Pony represents my failure to review the Mix CD that was sent to me. Like this image, I am a shining beacon of shame and disgrace.
Guru
:wink wink:

Member 85

Level 27.73

Mar 2006

Old May 9, 2007, 12:03 PM Local time: May 9, 2007, 12:03 PM #3 of 7
What is going on in those screenshots? I see bricks being broken, and crazy anime -no wait!- neon lights guys jumping over holes and pinball and GALAGA??

This is too much craziness in one game...it makes me nervous.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
<@a_lurker> I like zeal better than guru.
<@a_lurker> There, I said it, I'm not taking it back.
nuttyturnip
Soggy

Member 601

Level 52.11

Mar 2006

Old May 9, 2007, 12:36 PM #4 of 7
Kirby's Block Ball conquers this.

How ya doing, buddy?
Chaotic
Waltz of the Big Dogs

Member 633

Level 45.75

Mar 2006

Old May 9, 2007, 04:57 PM #5 of 7

It's giving me a Vib Ribbon vibe. o.O

Looks interesting though, and God, I haven't played Kirby's Brick Ball in a long ass time. <.<

I was speaking idiomatically.
speculative
Hard to believe it was just 5 seasons...

Member 1399

Level 25.03

Mar 2006

Old May 10, 2007, 01:47 PM Local time: May 10, 2007, 12:47 PM #6 of 7
I think I just had an epileptic seizure upon viewing just those screenshots.

Nervous Brickdown hits your eyes for massive damage!

Seriously though, this looks like it could be a solid title.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little, and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there. Too much – the best of us is washed away…" - G'Kar
The Plane Is A Tiger
Time Traveling Consequences

Member 125

Level 45.61

Mar 2006

Old May 12, 2007, 12:10 PM #7 of 7
I instantly thought of Kirby's Block Ball too. Although I'm sure this could never measure up to Kirby's greatness, a good block ball title would be pretty cool. The screenshots certainly look cool enough to capture my interest.

FELIPE NO

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [DS] Nervous Brickdown