Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

24 Season 5 Discussion

Zeo
O&A PARTY ROCK!!!111

Member 544

Level 8.06

Mar 2006

Old Mar 7, 2006, 12:47 AM #1 of 496
Originally Posted by Bahamut Zero
Yep, discuss the greatest show ever made.
Wha.. huh? Since when was this the Angel Discussion Thread?

Anyway! Holy crap, the second episode tonight was probably the most tense in 24 ever. The last 10 minutes were incredible. And fuckin' Edgar. Silent timer.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
DSRevolution.com
The #1 site for Wii and DS news, reviews, and previews!

Zeo
O&A PARTY ROCK!!!111

Member 544

Level 8.06

Mar 2006

Old Mar 13, 2006, 10:45 PM #2 of 496
Ladies and gentleman, 24 just jumped the shark.

In one episode, they ruined what was turning into the best season yet.

What horrible and lazy writing. Okay, we get it, anyone can die at any time. That doens't mean you should just kill countless people for shock value. And you DON'T kill the MOST LIKED CHARACTER on the show that isn't Jack in such a cheap bitch way, like he's just a trash character that doesn't matter.

Not only that, but Robocop just fucking WAKES UP and overpowers Tony? Um, NO. It doesn't work that way.

Shame on the writers.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
DSRevolution.com

Zeo
O&A PARTY ROCK!!!111

Member 544

Level 8.06

Mar 2006

Old Mar 13, 2006, 11:00 PM #3 of 496
Originally Posted by JazzFlight
Thing is, where would Tony go from here? Become an agent again? He's completely devestated about Michelle, I don't think he'd be able to recover for a long time, and he probably wouldn't want to be involved in national security again.
Exactly, and GOOD writers would use that to their advantage and try to show us what happens to him, how he moves on, what happens to his personality, because of what happened to Michelle.

Quote:
Thirdly, as I've mentioned, Tony was just supposed to die with Michelle in episode 1 of Season 5. Be glad he's been able to develop his character a little further.
That's the problem. They didn't develop his character anymore. They put him in a bed for 10 episodes just to wake him up and kill him. It was a complete "HEY LET'S TRY TO SHOCK PPL AGAIN" moment.

How ya doing, buddy?
DSRevolution.com

Zeo
O&A PARTY ROCK!!!111

Member 544

Level 8.06

Mar 2006

Old Mar 13, 2006, 11:06 PM #4 of 496
Originally Posted by RockgamerXIII
Don't forget though, 24 takes place in one day. That kind of character development takes more than a couple of hours to happen.
Which is why you don't kill him and see what he's like next season. :P

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
DSRevolution.com

Zeo
O&A PARTY ROCK!!!111

Member 544

Level 8.06

Mar 2006

Old Mar 13, 2006, 11:29 PM #5 of 496
But then that really would be dragging his character out, and that would be kinda lame. After what happened this season to his character, the writers knew there was nothing else to do with him, so rather than drag him out for another season (he really didn't even need to be in this season at all, and since they killed him anyway they should have done it back in the first episode), they figured they might as well just kill him off (since, you know, people don't just retire or anything in this series, they always die or just mysteriously disappear).
Exactly. :\

Predictable and unneccesary death.

I was speaking idiomatically.
DSRevolution.com

Zeo
O&A PARTY ROCK!!!111

Member 544

Level 8.06

Mar 2006

Old Mar 21, 2006, 02:33 PM #6 of 496
Man, you guys buy into the constant cliffhangers too much.

Don't you realize this season is turning into a "HEY LET'S TRY AND SHOCK PEOPLE AT THE END OF EVERY EPISODE" gimmick?

Audrey? Come on, desperate writing or not? It'll end up just being some sort of "mistake" she made. She's not a mole or a bad guy.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
DSRevolution.com

Zeo
O&A PARTY ROCK!!!111

Member 544

Level 8.06

Mar 2006

Old Apr 3, 2006, 04:48 PM #7 of 496
Just so you know tonight...

Spoiler:
omfg at the ending.

FELIPE NO
DSRevolution.com

Zeo
O&A PARTY ROCK!!!111

Member 544

Level 8.06

Mar 2006

Old Apr 3, 2006, 09:33 PM #8 of 496
Originally Posted by JazzFlight
Nah, there are a lot of times that 24 just glosses over things and drops storylines if they're not going anywhere.

Small example, Behrooz being rescued in Season 4 was dropped out, instead only becoming a deleted scene.
Eh, it happens. It was still explained, they didn't forget about it.

Quote:
Big mystery: No one ever knows what Jack said to Nina in Season 2 when she was being led away.
Uh dude? That was the entire point. You're not SUPPOSED to EVER know that.

Quote:
Other question: When did the terrorists call the Asian assistant about her daughter? Recently, or all day? She was certainly calm up until this episode.
She's barely been in it for a while I believe.

Quote:
I'm just annoyed that essentially they're writing the season as it goes along and not considering when their plot twists contradict earlier scenes.
Yeah, I don't like that either. But there are plenty of ways to make this make sense, even with the Walt thing. Walt worked for someone who worked for Henderson who worked for the President. The chain of command is so long, it could have easily happened like this.

By the way:

You know that could be applied to almost any episode of 24, right?
:biggrin:

Most amazing jew boots
DSRevolution.com

Last edited by Zeo; Apr 3, 2006 at 09:36 PM.
Zeo
O&A PARTY ROCK!!!111

Member 544

Level 8.06

Mar 2006

Old Apr 10, 2006, 01:22 AM #9 of 496
Originally Posted by nazpyro
Confirmed.

Spoiler:
Tony is alive.
Dude, in all seriousness, I hate spoilers if I can avoid them, but.. please just be honest and say if that was a joke or not. Heh. I take that character too seriously.

In other news:

http://www.variety.com/article/VR111...4&cs=1&s=h&p=0

Sutherland signs on for 3 more seasons of 24.

Double Post:
Originally Posted by Morrigan
I agree, Logan is too dumb to be part of any such plot, and it does seem like it'd require retcon.
Is it that hard to understand that what Logan did was the PERFECT plan? Pretend to be dumb so people don't suspect you. Who are you to say he's too dumb to be part of any such plot, when he was more than likely acting?

However, we don't have a lot of information yet. We shouldn't jump to conclusions. Perhaps it will turn out that the president is (thinking he's) doing something completely different than orchestrating the whole terrorist plot.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
DSRevolution.com

Last edited by Zeo; Apr 10, 2006 at 01:52 AM. Reason: Automerged additional post.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > 24 Season 5 Discussion