Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

"Well, That Ruined It" Experiences in Anime

Golfdish from Hell
Screaming for Vengeance

Member 632

Level 40.53

Mar 2006

Old Sep 16, 2006, 10:26 PM #51 of 99
Sailor Chibi Moon...Need I say more? Entertaining show = derailed.

I won't say the "ending" of Ranma 1/2 ruined the previous episodes, but it was one of the emptiest feelings I've had watching anything. The last two episodes weren't even that good.

I caught Dragonball Z at JUST the right time...Right when they were showing the Frieza and Cell Sagas. It took forever to get to the Buu Saga and it was a mess even when it got there...I went a year without cable and when I got it back, they were barely into introducing Buu the next year. I taped the episodes as they ticked by, but I don't plan on ever watching them.

I started on the anime of Full Metal Panic and really liked the first couple of episodes. Then it started focusing too much on the badly done military sequences, as opposed to the cool romantic comedy angle of the earlier episodes. Fumoffu was a welcome addition, but a lot of sequences were nowhere near as good as the manga. Feels like so much potential was wasted overall.

Also, Tenchi never really got back the momentum of the first 13 episodes of the "Universe" series. First it was the badly implemented space chase back to Jirai, then the rancid Tenchi in Tokyo series. I don't know if I should approach the new series, because I've seen just how badly it can be handled...

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
I'm taking over this town...
I'm screaming for vengenace...
I'm shouting at the devil...
I'm not dead and I'm not for sale...
Ain't lookin' for nothin' but a good time...
heresince1984
Larry Oji, Super Moderator, Judge, "Dirge for the Follin" Project Director, VG Frequency Creator

Member 9459

Level 1.10

Jul 2006

Old Sep 16, 2006, 10:58 PM #52 of 99
Just in General...

Don't you hate it when it's the beginning of the episode and the TITLE tells you who's going to win the match, or exactly what's going to happen at the end of the episode?

It happened a couple of times for me during Initial D, probably happens elsewhere as well.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Luceid
Persona

Member 127

Level 11.82

Mar 2006

Old Sep 19, 2006, 11:02 AM Local time: Sep 19, 2006, 11:02 AM #53 of 99
Originally Posted by Freelance Wolf
With all this talk about Mai-HiME, I thought it was a fun show until the ending, which disappointed me It's still good though, but the ending could've been way better.

I was expecting a...
Spoiler:

big clash at the end with all the HiME's going up against the bad guy, but I don't get that at all. I don't think it explained how everyone got resurrected though. Maybe it would have been better if they all stayed dead or whatever the hell they went to.
Yeah well...

Spoiler:
I would have personally liked more if only Mai would've stayed alive, or something dramatic. The revival of everyone else part is what left me with a rather sour taste.

Although this is still my favorite series.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Cirno
⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨

Member 980

Level 30.09

Mar 2006

Old Sep 19, 2006, 10:15 PM Local time: Sep 19, 2006, 07:15 PM #54 of 99
Blood+. I was a huge fan of this series and while it started awesome ...

Spoiler:
It slowly began to fall into mediocrity shortly after the time jump (32+). Saya NEVER amounted to anything particularly strong and won most of her fights on pure luck, even when she went vamp mode. Episode 49 really pissed me off, as I expected a nicely animated battle between Diva and Saya...only to find them slashing a few times and Diva dying because of some absurd plot twist.

Pissed me the hell off.

Most amazing jew boots
Foshi
Laugh and Grow Fat

Member 3194

Level 13.18

Mar 2006

Old Sep 19, 2006, 11:45 PM Local time: Sep 19, 2006, 11:45 PM #55 of 99
Originally Posted by Kurado
Blood+. I was a huge fan of this series and while it started awesome ...

Spoiler:
It slowly began to fall into mediocrity shortly after the time jump (32+). Saya NEVER amounted to anything particularly strong and won most of her fights on pure luck, even when she went vamp mode. Episode 49 really pissed me off, as I expected a nicely animated battle between Diva and Saya...only to find them slashing a few times and Diva dying because of some absurd plot twist.

Pissed me the hell off.
Yeah, I hear what your saying. Still the series kept me interested enough to watch it through until the end. I wonder if anymore plot twists are going to be thrown in with one episode left?

FELIPE NO
Jack<>Jack
Black since 87

Member 15723

Level 1.60

Nov 2006

Old Nov 21, 2006, 08:57 PM #56 of 99
Gantz anime

Spoiler:
did Kei fucking win or what

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

Dan
Misogynyst Gynecologist
In A Way, He Died In Every War

Member 389

Level 49.28

Mar 2006

Old Nov 21, 2006, 09:35 PM #57 of 99
Trigun.

This happened at a very strange time in my life. For some reason, my friends and I "discovered" three different series at the same time - Escaflowne (me), Trigun (David) and EVA (David #2).

Despite the rather crude animation job on Escaflowne, we all really enjoyed it, even though I still feel the end of it to be a touch too abrupt.

Evangelion caused a couple arguements - mostly around how I thought it was superior to the three if for the simple fact it tried hard to be something different and dropped the ball a lot of the time. (Still remains my favorite anime series)

Trigun, though? I was really enjoying the show. It was kinda flakey at times and the animation was about on par with Escaflowne (I'm an animation fan - so I tend to find 99% of all anime to be very badly done), but the very end of the show was really, really .... dull.

The build-up was there but the climax was throw away. It seemed like the show had been handed over to some gleeful teenager who only understood the glaring generalizations of the show instead of it's once-in-a-while subtle nudges. I was really offended by that last episode.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Dubble
The Hero of Mouseton VS The Phantom Blot!

Member 297

Level 32.26

Mar 2006

Old Nov 22, 2006, 11:14 AM Local time: Nov 22, 2006, 10:14 AM #58 of 99
Originally Posted by LeHah
The build-up was there but the climax was throw away. It seemed like the show had been handed over to some gleeful teenager who only understood the glaring generalizations of the show instead of it's once-in-a-while subtle nudges. I was really offended by that last episode.

I could totally agree with that. A major reason for the Trigun ending being so "wha...?" could also be attested to the fact that the production company decided to go off on thier own tangent for the ending instead of following the canonized (UGH) ending from the Manga. This is the one thing that ruins a LOT of anime IMO. Trigun went on for a lot longer in manga form and went in a different direction than that final ep. Plus I THINK the order that Vash encounters them as well as the ideals of quite a few of the Gung Ho Guns were totally different. I'd have to ask a friend of mine who is a nut for the manga but doesn't look fondly upon the way the show turned up. I can't remember the reasons for why that happened.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Last edited by Dubble; Nov 22, 2006 at 11:34 AM.
Misogynyst Gynecologist
In A Way, He Died In Every War

Member 389

Level 49.28

Mar 2006

Old Nov 22, 2006, 11:19 AM #59 of 99
Please don't use the word "canon" in any of it's forms. It's one of those words that flags the "idiot" alarm.

If you HAVE to use it, please follow it with a sound of disgust, such as (UGH).

Dubble
The Hero of Mouseton VS The Phantom Blot!

Member 297

Level 32.26

Mar 2006

Old Nov 22, 2006, 11:35 AM Local time: Nov 22, 2006, 10:35 AM #60 of 99
Originally Posted by LeHah
Please don't use the word "canon" in any of it's forms. It's one of those words that flags the "idiot" alarm.

If you HAVE to use it, please follow it with a sound of disgust, such as (UGH).

LOL! Heaven knows I needed that laugh....Post duly edited. XD

Old Nov 22, 2006, 02:52 PM #61 of 99
You know, I never knew that the Trigun manga was different. I'll have to read that now since I too found the anime's ending very abrupt. Thanks guys. =)

FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

aku
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 164

Level 20.62

Mar 2006

Old Nov 22, 2006, 06:06 PM Local time: Nov 22, 2006, 06:06 PM #62 of 99
Originally Posted by AcerBandit
You know, I never knew that the Trigun manga was different. I'll have to read that now since I too found the anime's ending very abrupt. Thanks guys. =)
for the most part, the manga is similar until the series becomes serious, the first 2 mangas are pretty close the the anime, but MAXIMUM is much diffirent

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Xexxhoshi
ボクの彼氏はどこにいる?

Member 1523

Level 13.14

Mar 2006

Old Nov 22, 2006, 08:10 PM Local time: Nov 23, 2006, 02:10 AM #63 of 99
Well it's manga but I'm not sure if the anime of Death Note has caught up yet.

Spoiler:
L dying was a mehtastic moment for me. Second half feels strange without him.

Not to mention the "YOU GO THAT WAY AND I'LL DO A DUPLICATE AGENT THEN WE'LL ALL REPORT HERE AT 12 O CLOCK AND THEN THIS THAT THAT THIS BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH YAK YAK YAK WORDS WORDS WORDS NOW TIME FOR LOOOOONG BORING STORY ABOUT THOSE 8 GUYS" thing in the first half that drove me crazy because there was too much fucking talking.

FELIPE NO
lia
zombie

Member 16095

Level 6.41

Nov 2006

Old Nov 29, 2006, 04:36 AM #64 of 99
Death Note will totally throw you for a loop by the end. That is all.

Umm... X/1999. The worst part for me was...

Spoiler:
When a friend said "Hey, you know that Seishirou dies, right?" My response: " .... Well, I do now. Thanks." I know the series isn't finished, but I haven't read a lot of it thanks to the horrible official translation and my lack of owning the tanks.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

Grrrr. Arrgh.
Sig/Av by ScarletDeath.
Duo Maxwell
like this

Member 1139

Level 18.35

Mar 2006

Old Dec 1, 2006, 08:51 PM Local time: Dec 1, 2006, 05:51 PM #65 of 99
I am a big fan of Hellsing, particularly the manga. When I saw the first incarnation of it in anime form, I was pleased and the series was great until the Incognito storyline came about. I never understood why they went with a 13 episode series for Hellsing, anyway, furthermore they left out a lot of the awesome characters: Pip, Rip Van Winkle, the fuhrer, the odd cat-boy lackey of the fuhrer who I can't remember's name, they didn't give Walter near as much screen presence as he deserves, Celes' character became even more two-dimensional. They also left out the badass, tattooed, nazi, voodoo bitch. They also didn't bother to explain much about the Hellsing organization itself or its former relationship with the Vatican, and they even left out the two characters from the CrossFire sidestory. About the only thing they did include was a brief reference to Admiral Harkonen from Dune.

But, yes, Incognito ruined it for me, first seven episodes were great, after that, suck.

Posting without content since 2002.
aku
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 164

Level 20.62

Mar 2006

Old Dec 1, 2006, 09:36 PM Local time: Dec 1, 2006, 09:36 PM #66 of 99
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell
I am a big fan of Hellsing, particularly the manga. When I saw the first incarnation of it in anime form, I was pleased and the series was great until the Incognito storyline came about. I never understood why they went with a 13 episode series for Hellsing, anyway, furthermore they left out a lot of the awesome characters: Pip, Rip Van Winkle, the fuhrer, the odd cat-boy lackey of the fuhrer who I can't remember's name, they didn't give Walter near as much screen presence as he deserves, Celes' character became even more two-dimensional. They also left out the badass, tattooed, nazi, voodoo bitch. They also didn't bother to explain much about the Hellsing organization itself or its former relationship with the Vatican, and they even left out the two characters from the CrossFire sidestory. About the only thing they did include was a brief reference to Admiral Harkonen from Dune.

But, yes, Incognito ruined it for me, first seven episodes were great, after that, suck.
i will agree with that, but you have to remeber, that when that was animated, there where only 2 mangas out at that point it time, so considering, its not that bad, but this new hellsing shoudl prove good

game_dragon1
Carob Nut

Member 909

Level 5.27

Mar 2006

Old Sep 14, 2007, 05:22 AM Local time: Sep 14, 2007, 03:22 AM #67 of 99
I have to say Inuyasha the last episode the didnt kill naraku or regain the jewel shard it just ended with Ohh we will still hunt for naraku and collected the jewel shards and the series just ends with that and you have to read the manga to figure out how they kill naraku

and the Anime of Dragon Half they only did 2 episodes of the show and stopped it and there is more manga's of it then the show

Last edited by game_dragon1; Sep 14, 2007 at 05:25 AM. Reason: add an other rant
Mori
Edges Of Twilight

Member 24311

Level 2.50

Sep 2007

Old Sep 17, 2007, 12:41 PM Local time: Sep 17, 2007, 06:41 PM #68 of 99
Most of the things that came to mind were already said...so:

Eureka Seven.
What they did to the moon in the last episode, oh my...
These kind of events just hurt me. Deep.

Gechmir
Did you see anything last night?

Member 629

Level 46.64

Mar 2006

Old Sep 18, 2007, 12:22 AM Local time: Sep 18, 2007, 12:22 AM #69 of 99
Wonderful job of bumping all the dust off this long-dead thread, game_dragon1. If you want to continue, at least use spoiler-tags if you're going to give out direct facts about endings.

Hey, maybe you should try that thing Chie was talking about.

Old Sep 18, 2007, 12:27 AM #70 of 99
game_dragon1 is pretty new to this game of bbcode and what not. gd1, please check out our faq. It has a nice area with all the bbcode for the forums.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

Conan-the-3rd
[Insert genie + computing pun here]

Member 2804

Level 19.40

Mar 2006

Old Sep 19, 2007, 02:03 AM Local time: Sep 19, 2007, 08:03 AM #71 of 99
NICE BOAT

That's all I'ma gonna say, looks like the Commy Censorfags have defeated japan, guys. No more fun from there ever again.

FELIPE NO
All I'm saying is that if the laptops of the future are not in the
shape of chibi genie girls then I'm going to be sorely disappointed.
kouji
Carob Nut

Member 4028

Level 3.93

Mar 2006

Old Sep 22, 2007, 07:09 AM #72 of 99
I must give my vote to Mahoromatic, as the ending for it was really something I didn't enjoy watching.

Spoiler:
Even though I knew something bad was coming as the episodes were progressing, (with countdown til the shutdown date of Mahoro), the ending was something that none of fans would enjoy. And I think they could have done in a different way, rather than showing how Suguru gone crazy after all the hoax and whatnot.

Another one that pops up on my head is, [b]Mobile suit gundam: 08th Team. Even though it's understandable that the story wasn't finished by the same author, the last half of the series seemed a little odd.

Spoiler:
Even though the last episode ended the story with somewhat of happy ending, I think that wasn't fit to the whole story line. What's with sudden battle in the space and kids being dispatched to the earth, and how Shiro and Aina are shown at the end made me go 'what the heck' throughout the episode

How ya doing, buddy?

Thanks to Minoko for such an awesome sig/ava combo!
Sin Ansem
Miyamoto digs Negi Springfield

Member 1148

Level 21.64

Mar 2006

Old Sep 26, 2007, 08:55 PM #73 of 99
I vote the ending of Zero no Tsuikaima Season 2.

Spoiler:
Epic Saito fight, sacrifices himself and BAM, ruins his moment of glory by getting rescued by a fairy with a big chest, causing Louise to just go blow him up as usual. Wow, Louise NEVER CHANGES! The bitch...

wvlfpvp
I'm going to write the most erotic, graphic, freakiest friend fiction ever

Member 122

Level 55.02

Mar 2006

Old Sep 26, 2007, 10:45 PM #74 of 99
About what people have said about Wolf's Rain's ending:

Spoiler:
Seriously, people? It's a world reset. There's no reincarnation as something different. It's a world reset with one HUGE difference (that being that the lunar flowers exist). I like to think that it's a cycle that keeps going until the world finally "actually" ends).

Oh, and I'm one of those guys who watched and somewhat enjoyed Trinity Blood.

I'm just upset by a few simple things:

Spoiler:
Sister Noelle's death: seriously? I didn't fucking know she died until the next episode when they fucking tell you. I thought I'd missed something when Abel goes all emo.

Oh, and then there's the end; I know the author died and all, but why make an anime of an incomplete story? It just stops half-way. Again, I thought my DVR had fucked up and missed some episodes.

It was lunchtime at Wagstaff.
Touching butts had been banned by the evil Headmaster Frond.
Suddenly, Tina Belcher appeared in the doorway.
She knew what she had to do.
She touched Jimmy Jr's butt and changed the world.
Conan-the-3rd
[Insert genie + computing pun here]

Member 2804

Level 19.40

Mar 2006

Old Sep 30, 2007, 04:50 AM Local time: Sep 30, 2007, 10:50 AM #75 of 99
Gurren Lagan (Yes, I'm going there, stand the fuck well back)
Spoiler:
Everything up untill the marage scene was perfect and the very second Nia dies it all falls appart and it becomes a rehash of Mahoromantic

Of all the Endings Gainax could of picked to copy for Lagan, why Mahromantic?

All I'm saying is that if the laptops of the future are not in the
shape of chibi genie girls then I'm going to be sorely disappointed.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > "Well, That Ruined It" Experiences in Anime