Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Movie] "Villains" - Heroes Season 3 Thread

Crash "Long-Winded Wrong Answer" Landon
Zeio Nut

Member 14

Level 54.72

Feb 2006

Old Sep 22, 2008, 09:06 PM #1 of 132
"Villains" - Heroes Season 3 Thread

The third season double-episode premiere is upon us. Naturally, there will be revelations and new questions.

Discuss your impressions, theories and gripes here.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
LS

Purple

Member 509

Level 21.05

Mar 2006

Old Sep 22, 2008, 09:13 PM Local time: Sep 23, 2008, 10:13 AM #2 of 132
I am really really excited about this, Eversince Sylar got screwed up on season 2, It just lost its charm, but that doesn't mean i didn't watch it.

The very least season 2 was okay, So here's hoping Season 3 be far more better than the second one was.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Sousuke
...it was not.

Member 1133

Level 33.80

Mar 2006

Old Sep 22, 2008, 09:18 PM #3 of 132
Okay, premiere ended 20 minutes ago. And damn. When it comes to mindfucks, Heroes has got a spot on the wall for sure. If all episodes this season can keep up with this one, I'm definitely in.

[edit] I'm not sure why this particular station got the premiere an hour before everyone else, but I'm not complaining.

Spoiler:
Finally, we learn Angela Petrelli's power. Interesting.

And Sylar. Awesome. And the connection with Angela.

What's with the African guy Parkman runs into?

I'm curious too, as to how Future!Peter stuck Present!Peter into someone else's body. I don't remember anyone having that power.

I totally called the Nathan/Linderman thing. I had a feeling that only he could see him.

'Tracy' is awesome. What happened to Niki, though? It seems each one of her 'personalities' has her own power, I like that.

I could go on, but I'll leave it for later when others can start discussing as well.

Most amazing jew boots
chocojournal | rate! 1 2 3 4 5
twtr // g+ // dA // bklg // l.fm // XBL // tmblr

Last edited by Sousuke; Sep 22, 2008 at 09:24 PM.
Turbo
*blink*

Member 25

Level 21.66

Mar 2006

Old Sep 22, 2008, 10:06 PM #4 of 132
What a crazy season opener. Its good to be watching Heroes again.

Spoiler:
I was confused about linderman being there. He is dead right? Also, that thing Mohinder did to himself. Pieces of bone at the end?

Also, Im enjoying a laugh. At the begining of the episode, I called it with "hey, I bet Sylar turns out to be the good guy in this season" and lo and behold... He's Noah's partner. Go figure. Thats all I have to add right now..

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

Rockgamer
(OH CRAP. IT'S THE DUKE)

Member 370

Level 43.75

Mar 2006

Old Sep 22, 2008, 10:51 PM Local time: Sep 22, 2008, 09:51 PM #5 of 132
These two episodes were pretty much better than anything in Season 2. Definitely a return to form. I can't believe how many times I actually yelled out "Holy shit!" while watching these episodes (probably prompting my family to think I'm crazy).

That said, my only complaint is how they're setting up to totally rip off The 4400 with the whole "take this shot and get a power" thing. With both shows revolving around people with powers, it obvious there's gonna be some similarities, but that just seems like straight out stealing. I seriously hope they don't go down that path.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Sousuke
...it was not.

Member 1133

Level 33.80

Mar 2006

Old Sep 22, 2008, 11:04 PM #6 of 132
Best quote ever:
Claire: Are you going to... eat my brain?
Sylar: ...That's disgusting, Claire.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
chocojournal | rate! 1 2 3 4 5
twtr // g+ // dA // bklg // l.fm // XBL // tmblr
Zeio Nut

Member 14

Level 54.72

Feb 2006

Old Sep 23, 2008, 12:32 AM #7 of 132
Spoiler:
Yeah, that whole scene was possibly my favorite part of the whole evening. What I liked was that Sylar's method of acquiring powers is one that makes sense, given his original ability to understand the basic workings of things. No infusions, cannibalism or anything like that. The only question is leaves is why all his former victims were found with their brains completely missing. For some, he was perhaps pressed for secrecy and fled to a safer location to study, but this wasn't the case for every murder (Dale Smither and Zane Taylor, for example.) I also wonder why Noah mentioned "infusions" when he was discussing stolen powers to the captive Sylar. Perhaps he didn't know the true method and merely assumed. We don't really know how far back the writers agreed upon all this.

Most amazing jew boots
makura
!

Member 337

Level 18.92

Mar 2006

Old Sep 23, 2008, 01:15 AM Local time: Sep 23, 2008, 12:15 AM 2 #8 of 132
Hrmm, I missed the premiere
I'll have to download it..

I don't know what you guys' download preferences are. So in case you guys are interested, here are my sources where I look to download episodes online.

Got Heroes The Forum and Fansite for NBC's tv show Heroes (Season 1, 2, & 3)
- Just go to the forums and you'll eventually find links from rapidshare, megaupload, filefactory, etc.
- Oh, and the download threads should be pinned at the beginning of each episode page. Scrolling past the pinned threads could lead you to some spoilers, as some idiots might make topics with spoilerish titles.

O3N TV Show Forum - Powered by vBulletin
- Has rapidshare, megaupload, etc links. But the only catch is, you have to sign up to the boards and have 10 or 15 posts to see the download threads.

torrents
- You could check mininova or piratebay, but a lot of times people upload a lot of fakes. So I wouldn't know which torrent should be trusted.
- For TV eps, I'd use EZTV - TV Torrents Online (eztvefnet.org is now eztv.it) , but usually I see the episodes available on those 2 sites above a couple hours before I see it land on eztv.it.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

Last edited by makura; Sep 29, 2008 at 11:42 PM.
Dhsu
`D`

Member 2206

Level 27.17

Mar 2006

Old Sep 23, 2008, 01:23 AM Local time: Sep 23, 2008, 12:23 AM #9 of 132
I enjoyed it quite a bit, but I did have a few gripes:

Spoiler:
Ol' Pete couldn't teleport Claire to heal Nathan? Also at going back to the whole "I'm self-mutilating to see if I have a soul" thing.

Not a gripe, but still waiting for Noah's power. He's got to have one, right? I mean besides being supernaturally awesome to the max.

Hiro's "I won't go 2 minutes into the past" thing is a pretty lame copout.

I can understand she-Flash displacing air and stuff, but what the dumb is with the residual red trails. That's not how persistence of vision works, people.

Niki, Linderman, and Nathan *all* being resurrected in the same episode. Who's next, D.L.? It's going to be hard to take any "crisis" seriously after that.

"Castitatis" (Elfen Lied - Lilium ~opening version~)
The Doujin Music Thread | backloggery
The Plane Is A Tiger
Time Traveling Consequences

Member 125

Level 45.61

Mar 2006

Old Sep 23, 2008, 01:46 AM #10 of 132
I enjoyed it quite a bit, but I did have a few gripes:

Spoiler:
Ol' Pete couldn't teleport Claire to heal Nathan? Also at going back to the whole "I'm self-mutilating to see if I have a soul" thing.

Not a gripe, but still waiting for Noah's power. He's got to have one, right? I mean besides being supernaturally awesome to the max.

Hiro's "I won't go 2 minutes into the past" thing is a pretty lame copout.

I can understand she-Flash displacing air and stuff, but what the dumb is with the residual red trails. That's not how persistence of vision works, people.

Niki, Linderman, and Nathan *all* being resurrected in the same episode. Who's next, D.L.? It's going to be hard to take any "crisis" seriously after that.
Spoiler:
He didn't teleport Claire to heal Nathan because it was Peter from the future that was on the phone with her. He'd already swapped out the other Peter.

While Hiro refusing to go back to the past at all is a little silly, going to ask his father about a formula he's only supposed to know about would be a very bad idea. It would essentially be the same as telling his father when he's going to die.

While the resurrections are kind of lame, they're not that bad. You can't keep Nathan dead after the way Noah was brought back last season, Linderman isn't really alive, and Nikki's special since she's using the freezing powers Sylar stole back in season 1.

My only real gripe was Claire's emo fit about pain. Since she didn't notice until she had glass in her hand, it can be assumed that she's not numb, just incapable of feeling extreme sensation like pain. That's pretty handy and hardly cause to start questioning her humanity.

Oh, and I knew Mohinder would go Hulk/Thing. When are scientists going to learn not to test their untested and unfinished gene splicing solutions on themselves?

Sakabadger
オニデレ

Member 8

Level 26.84

Feb 2006

Old Sep 23, 2008, 01:49 AM Local time: Sep 22, 2008, 11:49 PM #11 of 132
WHAT A TWEEEEEEEEST

Spoiler:
So Sylar could become a hero, and people like Peter/Niki/Ando(?) could become villains? I think it's a bit too late for Sylar to really have a change of heart, but the developments should be interesting.

Mohinder picking crap out of himself at the end was disgusting.

Don't really like how Hiro is suddenly treating Ando like he's a terrible person. He should already know the future isn't set in stone and that he doesn't fully comprehend what was going on. I'd hate to see them have their friendship fractured like that.

I really hope there's a big battle of ridiculous proportions by the end of this volume. We got a taste of what a Peter/Sylar duel could look like back in volume 1, but every other fight since then has been pretty simple. These are people with amazing powers -- their fights need to be flashier.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Stop Sign
By the sea

Member 1161

Level 21.66

Mar 2006

Old Sep 23, 2008, 02:16 AM Local time: Sep 23, 2008, 12:16 AM #12 of 132
I have only one gripe.

Spoiler:

"Should have gone with Sprint"

Zeio Nut

Member 14

Level 54.72

Feb 2006

Old Sep 23, 2008, 02:31 AM #13 of 132
I have only one gripe.

Spoiler:

Well, after Season One being an eight month long commercial for the Nissan Versa, tonight's little comment was hardly anything, neither was it hardly surprising.

How ya doing, buddy?
Sakabadger
オニデレ

Member 8

Level 26.84

Feb 2006

Old Sep 23, 2008, 02:32 AM Local time: Sep 23, 2008, 12:32 AM #14 of 132
I would have expected the Verizon network, myself.

makura
!

Member 337

Level 18.92

Mar 2006

Old Sep 23, 2008, 04:35 AM Local time: Sep 23, 2008, 03:35 AM #15 of 132
Spoiler:
Am I the only one who hates Mohinder's character? After season 1, he was kinda useless. He was easily manipulated and made a lot of retarded decisions.

Maya should have killed him off because of his ambitions to spread powers. After he came back and showed off his Indian Spider-Man powers, she practically threw herself at him. I loled when Mohinder woke up to find that he got mutant herpes.

A couple other things still bother me.
- Like how Future Peter put Peter in that body, Jesse (who's supposedly has sound manipulation according to Noah's files.)
- Whatever happened to Monica and Micah (please don't show anymore of them either.. they were basically fillers in Season 2.)
- Did Claire's real mom have to show her powers to her daughter again? I guess it's just to refresh the memory of the audience.
- What? Powers are in the adrenaline now? Not blood? How the fuck do they explain what happened in Season 2? How Nathan's Two-Face scars were healed by Adam. And how Noah was brought back to life with Claire's blood. And how Sylar got his powers back.

I have no idea what's wrong with Future Ando. If I had powers to throw fireballs like that, I'd fucken yell out "Hadouken!" while doing it. Now that's badass..

FELIPE NO
eprox1
The Year 20XX

Member 1977

Level 20.96

Mar 2006

Old Sep 23, 2008, 07:34 AM Local time: Sep 23, 2008, 07:34 AM #16 of 132
I have only one gripe.

Spoiler:

Does Sprint even offer international coverage ?

Also, have none of you seen Jeff Goldblum's version of The Fly? Mohinder's entire fucking character is now a complete ripoff of that movie.

Last edited by eprox1; Sep 23, 2008 at 07:55 AM.
Aardark
Combustion or something and so on, fuck it

Member 10

Level 40.02

Feb 2006

Old Sep 23, 2008, 07:57 AM Local time: Sep 23, 2008, 02:57 PM #17 of 132
Oh man, the writing in this series has gotten so bad. Most of the time I wasn't sure if I was supposed to laugh or what. Especially Nathan's speech in the church, what the hell was that. The talking turtle was the best part. I'll keep watching, since it's kind of fun anyway, but some of this stuff is seriously below actual comic book standards.

russ
Go-kart track, grocery store, those remote control boats...

Member 222

Level 36.56

Mar 2006

Old Sep 23, 2008, 03:16 PM Local time: Sep 23, 2008, 02:16 PM #18 of 132
WHAT A TWEEEEEEEEST

Spoiler:
So Sylar could become a hero, and people like Peter/Niki/Ando(?) could become villains? I think it's a bit too late for Sylar to really have a change of heart, but the developments should be interesting.

Mohinder picking crap out of himself at the end was disgusting.

Don't really like how Hiro is suddenly treating Ando like he's a terrible person. He should already know the future isn't set in stone and that he doesn't fully comprehend what was going on. I'd hate to see them have their friendship fractured like that.
Spoiler:
To me, the Ando/Hiro confrontation implied that Hiro was the villian and Ando was the good guy, but because we are watching this part of the storyline through Hiro's perspective, Hiro assumes that Ando is the villain.

Also, time travel and seeing the future always breaks everything, so I think we should all expect bad writing, big holes in the plot, and a lot of things that don't make logical sense in their universe. Example being that future Peter (he can regenerate, why does he have a scar, other than to imply villainy?) could have easily gone back in time and gotten Claire out of the house before Sylar stole her power. Do we really expect that villainous future Peter would listen to mommy dearest's butterfly effect speech?

I didn't say I wouldn't go fishin' with the man.
All I'm sayin' is, if he comes near me, I'll put him in the wall.
Rotorblade
Holy Chocobo

Member 22205

Level 32.07

Apr 2007

Old Sep 23, 2008, 03:18 PM Local time: Sep 23, 2008, 01:18 PM #19 of 132
I think Heroes is more fun if you don't actually read comics and can't see the shit they're practically lifting coming from current or even previous books a mile away. Jeph Loeb being one of the 10 producers on this show doesn't help either. The whole Petrellis = Summers Brothers and the flagrant Taskmaster character are pretty terrible.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
I poked it and it made a sad sound
Struttin'

Member 24

Level 51.86

Mar 2006

Old Sep 23, 2008, 03:44 PM #20 of 132
Since this is up (and I didn't want to revive the old thread), I was suggested Heroes by my best friend. It was on Netflix, so what the hell.

I watched Season 1. Mediocre.
I watched Season 2. Awful.
I am afraid to watch Season 3. I couldn't even get past the season finale of S2 it was too terrible.

I know the writer's strike is VERY LIKELY the reason Season 2 sucked so fucking much, but I can't help but think the plot is fucked beyond recognition due to Season 2. Peter annoyed me all throughout Season 2, I couldn't stand the Nikki/Jessica character(s), and the only person I liked was Claire.

I wonder if I should expect any better from Season 3.

Musharraf
So Call Me Maybe

Member 20

Level 52.53

Feb 2006

Old Sep 26, 2008, 02:48 PM Local time: Sep 26, 2008, 08:48 PM #21 of 132
Especially Nathan's speech in the church, what the hell was that. The talking turtle was the best part.
Yeah, that reminded me of a scene in a bad Michael Bay movie.

Overall, I think that the season could have started worse, one thing that I noticed is that everything is getting much more darker and much more brutal. Needless to say, everything is getting much more complicated as well. You have to concentrate in order to follow!

There was some comedy, too. For example, the speaking turtle and when that guy told Parker that there was no service in the desert (lol!). However, I thought they overdid it with the two Japanese guys, I mean, hell, half of the second episode was in Japanese.

How ya doing, buddy?
Put Balls
i

Member 100

Level 26.08

Mar 2006

Old Sep 26, 2008, 05:05 PM Local time: Sep 27, 2008, 12:05 AM #22 of 132
I liked this. Good. But

Spoiler:
God, the sprinting girl is so going to be Hiro's next pussy and he'll just forget his mission for the third time in the series already. Men who can time-travel and they STILL think with their penises? Must be Japanese.

Oh, yeah. Hiro's still completely annoying.

Rotorblade
Holy Chocobo

Member 22205

Level 32.07

Apr 2007

Old Sep 26, 2008, 06:01 PM Local time: Sep 26, 2008, 04:01 PM #23 of 132
Hiro's far more likable than most of the cast.

FELIPE NO
Zeio Nut

Member 14

Level 54.72

Feb 2006

Old Sep 26, 2008, 06:20 PM #24 of 132
So far, I haven't seen any mention of Micah or Monica in press blurbs or production crew commentary. I'm wondering whether they'll be featured at all this season. Micah was moderately central to Season One and is apparently considered important enough to give Noah Grey-Cabey some face time during the Season 3 Hollywood special. Monica, who knows.

I'm mixed about this. I liked Micah. His power is quite interesting and isn't a direct rip-off of anything seen in the comics. He could be very useful. But his storyline was fiercely dependent upon his parents, and now that D.L. and (for now) Niki are out of the picture, there's no immediate direction with Micah.

Monica seemed like a somewhat ill advised add-on for Season 2. Monica (and subsequently Micah's) entire arc seemed to be a justification for killing off D.L. and Niki, while not making it seem like Micah was totally abandoned. That would've been fine, I suppose - just say Micah went to stay with cousins - but Monica's power is fucking sweet. I've spent time considering all the potential uses and it staggers the mind. I'd be upset to see Monica dropped if only because there's so much potential for her ability to be explored. It'd be a far more compelling exploration than Mohinder going all "Fly" on us and fucking Lady Death, that's for sure.

Maybe they'll show up midseason. Neither is listed on imdb.com as being included in this season, but imdb only shows cast credits for episodes that have been filmed.

WolfDemon
Grub Killer

Member 737

Level 27.82

Mar 2006

Old Sep 26, 2008, 09:04 PM Local time: Sep 26, 2008, 06:04 PM #25 of 132
Spoiler:
It's gonna be crazy seeing Noah have to work with Sylar, especially after he took Claire's power. I had a feeling that this season there were going to be some hardcore villains so strong that they'd end up needing his help. And a big wtf on Angela Petrelli saying she's Sylar's mother. The illegitimate son of Angela and Kaito Nakamura perhaps?

As for Micah, his powers are cool and all, I'd definitely be robbing ATMs left and right. But I've never been too fond of him, or any child actor for that matter. They try so hard to give kids these cute lines to make them look precocious or some shit, and it's always gotten on my nerves. They didn't do that with Molly though, so I could deal with her.

I did like Monica from season 2. She was probably one of the high points of that season, almost enough to make me forgive them for Maya and Alejandro. I was glad when Alejandro got killed and I was hoping Maya would stay dead too, but they had to disappoint me just once more time.

I'd like to see more of Adam Monroe, a.k.a. Kensei Takezo. I hope someone digs him up or he breaks out somehow. I've always liked the "Fallen Hero" type characters.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > [Movie] "Villains" - Heroes Season 3 Thread