Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Movie] L O S T [possible spoilers]

Sian
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 377

Level 20.83

Mar 2006

Old Jun 1, 2008, 08:32 AM Local time: Jun 1, 2008, 01:32 PM #1 of 595
I caught up on all of the Lost episodes from the break last night on a shitty streaming website. Silly me couldn't wait to return home and watch them in HD ;_;. ANYWHO, the finale was good. I agree with Aardark, in my opinion the big twist was more "what the fuck" than last years which was more of a "...NO WAY".

My random thoughts on the finale:
Spoiler:

Why Jin ;_;. He was so freaking awesome.

Des and Penny = the best couple in Lost ever.

I thought out of everyone to be in the coffin, it would be Locke. It made the most sense to me really, he doesn't have a real family, he doesn't have friends. Sorta saw that one coming.

As much as I hate him, Ben is a good character. He's such a dweeby bad guy, but nevertheless he is one and it's interesting that he's so pathetic looking.

WONDER WHAT SAWYER SAID TO KATE OHMYGOOSE.

Claire, what the fuck? Didn't see that one coming...

I do like how they got off the island, how it ties in with the flashforwards as it were. Feels like all the loops are tied up now and watching this series over will make more sense.

How ya doing, buddy?
Sian
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 377

Level 20.83

Mar 2006

Old Mar 7, 2009, 07:13 AM Local time: Mar 7, 2009, 12:13 PM #2 of 595
I agree with Sass about the new characters, the introduction of a new character in the earlier series was a huge deal because they survivors were so isolated. Now it just doesn't have much impact with how the story is playing out. I don't know, I quite miss that feeling they were completely in the dark but now everyone is sort of mingling together...

I did quite like the ending of the episode with the rest of them coming out of the van. The love triangle...well square now I guess is going to be annoying I can see it coming.

I just want all the loose ends to tie together from the different narratives (which it is doing now that they're all back on the island again) and see where the writers are going to go with this. So far it's not been a terrible season, and hopefully it keeps getting better.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Sian
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 377

Level 20.83

Mar 2006

Old Mar 10, 2009, 10:48 AM Local time: Mar 10, 2009, 03:48 PM #3 of 595
Oh oh oh oh I have an idea.

Spoiler:
They're dead in a cave.

Adam and Eve - Lostpedia
Zing!

You could be right o_O.

How ya doing, buddy?
Sian
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 377

Level 20.83

Mar 2006

Old Mar 22, 2009, 11:46 AM Local time: Mar 22, 2009, 04:46 PM #4 of 595

I just don't feel into it this season. I assume it's building to something big. The problem is, they aren't doing much building. Shit's just happening. And I'm bored. I feel like I watch the show out of obligation rather than being excited for it like I used to be.
I understand what you mean, I'm watching it now because I want to finish it because I've spent too long watching the series to just give up now. I'm not excited about the twists in the plot as you said, I tend to think "oh...ok. Where's this one going to lead?"

Potential spoiler...just in case.
Spoiler:

I'm really uncertain how cool it's going to be when time catches up on itself on the island. When the Dharma company collapses where are the others going to be etc.

I've got a theory that the whispers that the characters heard in the earlier seasons are the people who have travelled through time. You know, as a kind of subtle warning perhaps? Because now time has got to catch up to itself really...hasn't it? Argh all this time travel stuff is confuzzling. Maybe they'll just find a way to jump ahead to present time...

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Sian
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 377

Level 20.83

Mar 2006

Old Mar 22, 2009, 04:43 PM Local time: Mar 22, 2009, 09:43 PM #5 of 595
Well that would defeat the purpose of television now wouldn't it? We want to SEE this shit being played out no matter how weird it gets!

I was speaking idiomatically.
Sian
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 377

Level 20.83

Mar 2006

Old Mar 28, 2009, 11:25 AM Local time: Mar 28, 2009, 04:25 PM #6 of 595
Aren't you guys forgetting that Locke was shot and left for dead, but the island saved him. Something tells me this will happen again.

At the very least the DIers will find and save him (Jack maybe) and this could kick off the feud between the hostiles and DIers which led to the killing off of the DIers that we know about from the future (er, present).

Also, nothing to date says that Ben doesn't already know about Jack, Kate, Sayid, et al, from his childhood, which is why he's so interested in them. It may be why he was so confident in his statement to Sayid that he was a killer.
Makes the most sense. I really want time to catch up on itself now, I've not been too interested about the Losties integration with the Dharma people. I think it shouldn't have been revealed that they joined Dharma until Jack's Dad showed Sun the picture of them in the group. Personal preference anyway...again not really been thrilled about this part of the story.

I wanna know what the hell happened with Claire. She was last seen in Jacob's hut right acting all badass right?

Most amazing jew boots
Sian
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 377

Level 20.83

Mar 2006

Old Mar 28, 2009, 07:26 PM Local time: Mar 29, 2009, 12:26 AM #7 of 595
O, yea. Now that you mention it, I vaguely recall this.

Eitherway, that still doesn't explain why all the kids are back on mainland...? I mean, I thought these children were very important to everyone! What will Jin say? What will Claire say? ;_;
Well with the way she was acting all tough girl the last time we saw her maybe she gets all angry that they took her kid from her? I dunno...but I do know that I want these little bits tied off neatly before the final season.

FELIPE NO
Sian
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 377

Level 20.83

Mar 2006

Old Apr 20, 2009, 07:11 AM Local time: Apr 20, 2009, 12:11 PM #8 of 595
I was really happy with the latest 2 episodes. My friend has been catching up and I forgot how great it is to watch Lost without weeks inbetween the episodes.

Spoiler:
I'm surprised no one has tried to figure out what all the writing on the temple wall means...especially in the smoke monsters room. Maybe they have, but I'm way too lazy to look into it! The Anubis symbol is very intriguing though...it's quite cool having some Egyptian mythology come into play.
But yes, holy crap at the judgement. I'm so glad Ben got a good telling off by the monster to follow Locke. Imagine if Ben tried to kill Locke in future episodes and then the monster just comes out of the jungle with all its mechanical sounding rage to tear Ben to pieces. I can only dream.

Miles was a chracter I was weary about, but now he's become a lot more interesting for me. I'm not sure if this has been theorised, but I'm starting to think maybe every kid who is born on the island has a special power? Or maybe they are born naturally gifted with intelligence. Or maybe Dharma just injected them with some super gloop to make them super humans. Me dunno...me dunno.

While people complain about the amount of mysteries and twists Lost has, I think it's great to be able to have so many questions about one show.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Sian
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 377

Level 20.83

Mar 2006

Old May 16, 2009, 06:19 AM Local time: May 16, 2009, 11:19 AM #9 of 595
Spoiler:
Then apparently Charlotte's special power was bleeding to death. Or maybe the writers will reveal something about her too.
Spoiler:
Well maybe insane intelligence has something to do with it? Assuming Daniel was born on the island he was gifted with science, Charlotte was gifted with languages etc. Or maybe children are more susceptible to receiving special gifts from the island, which could explain why they wanted to steal all the children from the Losties.

And now to rant about the finale =D

Spoiler:

I loved it!

I have a theory about the guy at the beginning with Jacob. Maybe they're both like opposing gods of something. Because if that statue is Taweret, the goddess of birth and all that jazz, who is represented by Jacob...then the smoke monster is like the god of death who could be the other guy. But for some reason they can't kill each other directly, so then "smokey" manipulated Locke into going off the island and dying so he could take his form. It seems that the smoke monster can take the image of anyone who has died on the island and isn't buried. Which is why the others are so insistent on burying their dead. Which would make sense that Christian is walking around - since his body went missing from the coffin.

Sooo...when "Locke" said "I had to go through a lot of trouble to get to this point" or something along those lines, he could mean that he used Christian to convince Locke that he was special and he needed get off the island to die, to in effect bring everyone back, but since he was dead he could take over Locke's body, so by his "resurrection" he could scare Ben to think Locke was special to the island to bring him back to life, to be judged by Smokey/Locke and scare him into following Locke's every command, to the killing of Jacob. Bit long winded and could be wrong...but that was definitely the loop hole of the guy from the beach with Jacob.

Which also gets me thinking if the smoke monster has to take forms of other people, since his original human self could be dead, then maybe now Jacob's human form is dead he will become some kind of smoke monster too but in the opposite sense.

But yes, this episode got him rethinking about everything that happened in the series. The way I see it, is that all the weird happenings are because of the war between Jacob and the smoke monster. If they kept Eko in the series, maybe they were thinking of making him like Locke but representing Jacob. Which would explain why Eko was so brutally killed by the smoke monster, because he saw his potential alliance with Jacob.

MY GOD THERE'S SO MUCH TO THINK ABOUT.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > [Movie] L O S T [possible spoilers]