Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Movie] L O S T [possible spoilers]

Morrigan
Midnight Rider

Member 2104

Level 15.76

Mar 2006

Old Feb 18, 2008, 07:26 PM #1 of 595
So how does this grand theory explain that Ben aged at a normal rate but not Richard?

Most amazing jew boots
Morrigan
Midnight Rider

Member 2104

Level 15.76

Mar 2006

Old Feb 24, 2008, 03:21 PM #2 of 595
I wonder why people aren't wondering about the age of the baby, and the timing. I would think that there would be people other than the Marshall who were investigating Kate and aware of her crimes, yet nobody wondered why she wasn't pregnant at the time of the flight and now suddenly seems to have a baby?

Then again time seems to move at different rates on and off the island...

How ya doing, buddy?
Morrigan
Midnight Rider

Member 2104

Level 15.76

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2008, 11:02 PM #3 of 595
Yes, let's not forget that the average watchers aren't huge nitpicky nerds like us.

How ya doing, buddy?
Morrigan
Midnight Rider

Member 2104

Level 15.76

Mar 2006

Old Mar 15, 2008, 12:19 AM #4 of 595
I thought the flashforward/flashback thing was cheap and gimmicky, myself. A lame "gotcha!" attempt that only worked because it was rigged. I mean they even made sure the "regular doctor" wasn't available, because he wouldn't have said something like "want me to call your husband?". Cheap.

Spoiler:

And Jin being dead made the cutesy romantic little scene of loving forgiveness even cheaper now. It just makes for an awkward mix of sappiness and forced tragic-ness that I dislike a lot.

That said, it was still an okay episode.
Spoiler:
I loved the tension between "Kevin" and Sayid. Priceless. And yeah, "do not trust the captain" indeed, how about "do not trust Ben's man"? I don't think the people on the boat are necessarily "good", but Ben is far more distrustworthy, yeah.

I disagree that Sun is a "lying bitch". She was frightened and vulnerable, and that's why she lied, not because she's malicious or manipulative or anything.

I also want to know what's up with the "Others". And there's probably many questions that I really wanted to know, but forgot they even existed since there are just too many of them coming in all the time.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Morrigan
Midnight Rider

Member 2104

Level 15.76

Mar 2006

Old Mar 15, 2008, 12:32 PM #5 of 595
Spoiler:

When he captured him and Walt, perhaps? I wouldn't be surprised if he had made those arrangements all in advance.

Besides, when Locke asks Ben who the man on the boat is, Ben tells him to "grab a chair" or something like that, implying that Locke will be shocked by the revelation. That would mean Locke would recognize the person, so I don't see who else it could be but Michael...

I was speaking idiomatically.
Morrigan
Midnight Rider

Member 2104

Level 15.76

Mar 2006

Old Apr 27, 2008, 01:52 PM #6 of 595
Sawyer was totally out of character too, that was weird and kind of annoying. Decent episode otherwise.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Morrigan
Midnight Rider

Member 2104

Level 15.76

Mar 2006

Old Apr 28, 2008, 08:36 PM #7 of 595
Elegy, I think Sass is being too harsh (some characters did change, others not so much) and you bring up some good points... yes, Sawyer is changing a bit. But that still didn't mean he's some sort of selfless hero now. Sawyer will help out the others when he's got nothing better to do, or when he has ulterior, more selfish motives, but it's not like him to simply risk his life and run past bullets just to save the girl. Kate, maybe, depending on circumstances, but he's hardly ever spoken to Claire now has he?

Also remember when Kate asked him (paraphrased here) "what are you doing, Sawyer?" when he decided to go with Locke, and Sawyer responded, "doing what I've always been doing... survivin'." Dodging bullets to save a possibly doomed girl is not exactly "surviving". Hence, it's out of character.

rockthepartay: dodging bullets is typical of 24, and people expect this kind of action in 24. What was silly in that sequence in Lost is that not only it didn't really fit, but it felt completely forced, what with the three red shirts being offed one after the other (is there anyone who didn't LOL at that? seriously?) and then Sawyer not only behaving like Jack Bauer, but also the fact that there are bulletproof picnic tables now... c'mon, it was a silly sequence that didn't fit at all, we can admit it. And yes, Claire surviving that shot was also silly (and also predictable).

FELIPE NO
Morrigan
Midnight Rider

Member 2104

Level 15.76

Mar 2006

Old May 3, 2008, 10:30 AM #8 of 595
I had a theory that Charlie's ghost is possessing Sawyer. That's the only way to explain his overly protective behaviour towards Claire.

I mean sure, he's becoming nicer and all, but getting all angry and defensive just because Miles is "looking", giving a "restraining order"? What? Hahaha.

How ya doing, buddy?
Morrigan
Midnight Rider

Member 2104

Level 15.76

Mar 2006

Old May 8, 2008, 05:22 PM #9 of 595
O. Eko. Yea. I think that was actually Jacob, though. I like how every single tail survivor is dead, except for Bernard. What a WASTE of Season 2. SIGH. Although it was nice to see Ana Lucia go. She deserved it. ugh.
True, but as you said, killing off all the Tailies (except Bernard but he's really irrelevant) completely wastes the season 2. Nothing the characters have done has accomplished anything to further the story... complete bullshit, really. Eko was interesting and badass and mysterious, but in the end all he did was carry his Jesus stick, start building a (now unfinished) church, and die. Boring.

Quote:
There are already six: Sayid, Kate, Jack, Sun, Jin, and Hurley. There's no room for Locke.
I agree it can't be Locke, but are you sure Jin is one? We don't know how he dies yet, it could have been on the island.

I'm really kind of upset at the death of Rousseau myself. Seriously. She has been present since the beginning, and what a horrific way for her to go down with almost no treatment whatsoever. She was one of my favorite characters.
Me too, that pissed me off. It's probably a case of "hay guys I got another TV contract elsewhere, gotta go lol kthx bye" and the writers having to rush out with something to get rid of her. Writing for TV has gotta suck for that...

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Morrigan
Midnight Rider

Member 2104

Level 15.76

Mar 2006

Old Jun 3, 2008, 05:19 PM #10 of 595
Haha yeah good catch, the voice sounds like Locke's too.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > [Movie] L O S T [possible spoilers]