Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Movie] L O S T [possible spoilers]

chaofan
Quarter-Circle + Paaaunch!

Member 1794

Level 21.29

Mar 2006

Old Nov 22, 2008, 10:30 PM Local time: Nov 23, 2008, 02:30 PM #1 of 595
Thanks to the wonders of the interwebs, torrents and stuff, I can finally partake in the Lost discussions as soon as they come out in America. Fast-tracked in Australia? If fast track means two-weeks behind, Channel 7 .

It's pretty awesome to see Desmond in there. The Scottish time-traveler still has some stories to tell! What's making me nervous is the lack of Jin ;__;. What's happened to him?

It might be a filler Season like Season 3, but with around 34-36 episodes left I don't think there'll be many wasted episodes. Here's hoping January comes fast.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
chaofan

Member 1794

Level 21.29

Mar 2006

Old Nov 22, 2008, 11:29 PM Local time: Nov 23, 2008, 03:29 PM #2 of 595
Did you see the finale of Season 4? If not, don't look at the following spoiler!

[spoiler]

What gives me hope that it won't be is that unlike in Season 3, they now know where they're going with the show, so it hopefully won't be a ton of junk filler. JACK'S TATTOO REDUX!
Yeh, I know that scene, but does the lack of Jin (in the poster) pretty much confirm his fate? I sure hope that its just to throw us off and he shows up alive and chillin' with the "Left-Behinders".

There's nowhere I can't reach.
chaofan

Member 1794

Level 21.29

Mar 2006

Old Nov 23, 2008, 05:03 AM Local time: Nov 23, 2008, 09:03 PM #3 of 595
Yeah, same here. Season 3 pretty much sucked balls, but I totally loved Season 4 and how things developed. It will be hard for Season 5 to top that. Considering the fact that it's the final season, it better be good, right?
Actually, there's one more season after this one, so while it may not be the final season the episodes may still have some solid content in them seeing as how they have an end date now and know how to play the story out.

Here's hoping they don't bring a mountain full of new mysteries. Hopefully they'll go back to the earlier seasons and start answering some of the smaller questions, leaving Season 6 for the big ones (such as the monster, Jacob and so on).

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
chaofan

Member 1794

Level 21.29

Mar 2006

Old Jan 20, 2009, 08:11 AM Local time: Jan 21, 2009, 12:11 AM #4 of 595
Alrighty then. By the time I finish writing this, it'll be the 21st over here. While the new season of Lost ain't starting until the 22nd for me, I'm completely hyped for the new Season after the awesomeness of Season 4.

A few advanced reviews of Episodes 1-3 give a very good outlook so far. Supposedly the "format" of the show will go beyond the flash-back/flash-forward formula they've had in the past. The best news, however, is that there'll be a LOT of answered questions. The ratio of questions to answers will apparently favour the latter and while stuff like Smokey and Jacob won't be touched upon until the last season, we'll finally be able to figure out the mysteries that have alluded us from the very start.

I'm excited. You're excited. Here's to a crazy-ass fifth season!

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
chaofan

Member 1794

Level 21.29

Mar 2006

Old Jan 22, 2009, 01:19 PM Local time: Jan 23, 2009, 05:19 AM #5 of 595
While I was definitely satisfied by tonight's episode, I am still left with the feeling that in the end, the show will not reach any sort of emotional or intellectual peak, but will instead just sort of tie up the loose ends. In the 1-hour special before tonight's episode, the interview hinted at this...
I agree. Despite the great pace in moving the plot forward, the lack of connection to any of the characters left somewhat of a hollow feeling. The Oceanic 6's gloominess and depression just made it harder to give a damn about any of them (apart from Hurley. Everybody loves Hurley! =D)

Desmond's "unique and special characteristic" is one of the new questions that piqued my interest. Please explain, Faraday!

I was speaking idiomatically.
chaofan

Member 1794

Level 21.29

Mar 2006

Old Jan 29, 2009, 07:22 PM Local time: Jan 30, 2009, 11:22 AM #6 of 595
Well, that episode was less entertaining than I thought it would be. This whole "island latched off time" thing isn't really working for me. Seems like a convenient way to answer the mysteries of the island... Which is probably the reason why Charlotte's become so useless.

The Faraday-fest so far in Season 5 is also a bit too much. From an awkward, nervous Physicist to a "leader" of sorts just seems really out of character. Granted, he's been the only one who knows what's going on so far... But too much of anything can be annoying.

Spoiler:
Desmond's kid Charlie... Hey island, the return of Dominic Monaghan plox?

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
chaofan

Member 1794

Level 21.29

Mar 2006

Old Feb 5, 2009, 07:45 AM Local time: Feb 5, 2009, 11:45 PM #7 of 595
Meeeeh, don't like double posting ;__; but anyhoo, I think I'm starting to get into the swing of things for this Season. Today's episode wasn't too bad, and there were some interesting parts to take in and consider.

Spoiler:
The nosebleeds were startling. Need we more potentially dead characters? While Juliet has been on the island for quite some time and thus was exposed to the island's radiation for a long time, I'm thinking Miles was the baby of Pierre Chang/Marvel Candle etc, explaining his nosebleed. Well, duh. The connection is pretty obvious :/

The quick gathering of the Oceanic 6 is a relief: at least the whole season won't be about them trying to get back, and I'm guessing they'll be home 1-2 episodes from now. Time for Sayid to bust Hurley out of jail, then.

Oh, and the return of Jin. Awesome. The return of Jin, seeing young Rosseau? Even better . The question, then, is why didn't old Rosseau recognize Jin? Or have the two never interacted in the previous seasons?

After being bombarded with Faraday for the past three weeks, it was good to see the other characters step up and the writers putting Faraday in the back for a little while. The lack of Desmond was a bummer, though

FELIPE NO
chaofan

Member 1794

Level 21.29

Mar 2006

Old Feb 5, 2009, 08:49 PM Local time: Feb 6, 2009, 12:49 PM #8 of 595
Spoiler:
I'm guessing you missed the bit where Ben and "his lawyer" worked out the paperwork so that Hurley won't make it to prison, the judge will toss the case, and Hurley will be a free man.

No effort needed on behalf of Sayid.
Oh yes, completely forgot about that part. Well, at least the gathering of the O6 will happen sooner.

Although, another question just popped up: just who were the other canoe people? My guess is that with the time jumps, we'll never know again. Others? Perhaps the O6 themselves?

Sometimes I feel that the "time skipping" device they've used is a cheap way to replace "flashbacks", but whatever. They work, and we're finally gonna get some young Danielle answers

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
chaofan

Member 1794

Level 21.29

Mar 2006

Old Feb 12, 2009, 11:24 AM Local time: Feb 13, 2009, 03:24 AM #9 of 595
A wild ride, today's episode, but so far one of the best for Season 5. It seems like the story's just picked up even more pace and character development left at a minimum, but whatever. What a rockin' episode:

Spoiler:

Smokey.

Okay, perhaps I should elaborate on how it was cool. Actually, I can't, but any episode featuring Smokey is automatically awesome. We finally got to see Rousseau's back-story and the breakdown of the French team, although as I commented before, the island jumps seem too fragmented. Trying to fit other story elements in the episode cut Rousseau's flashback a little too soon and that was disappointing. :/

Perhaps Danielle's paranoia led her to think Jin was an illusion, and thus not recognizing him as part of the Crash Survivors?

What a way to go, Ben. After such an effort to recruit everyone at the same spot, he ended up with just Jack, Sun and Desmond. One thing that interests me, though, is how those three "would have to do for now", according to Eloise (who, wahey, is Faraday's mother... Predictably). Didn't Ben have to recruit everyone back?

In regards to Charlotte, apparently the Freighter Folks' backstories were supposed to be told last Season but cut due the strike. It seemed to me she pretty much summed up what needed to be said with her conscious going back and forth... but, poor Rebecca Mader. :S

Last but not least, the scene with Christian and Locke was fascinating. Locke was supposed to turn the wheel rather than Ben? What's that all about? Moreover, this scene seemed a little "Christian-y" ('scuse the pun), with the "sacrifice", the supposed "death" of Locke and a possible resurrection? Who knows. Regardless, it was another element that made this episode full of win, negating all the disappointing bits that popped up here and there.

Next week seems to be all about the Oceanic 6. While this season's Oceanic stories have been kinda boring so far, the preview hyped it for me like hell. Will they actually be getting back on that island next week? :O

[/rant]

Jam it back in, in the dark.
chaofan

Member 1794

Level 21.29

Mar 2006

Old Feb 20, 2009, 10:59 PM Local time: Feb 21, 2009, 02:59 PM #10 of 595
The lack of explanation detailing how Hurley and Sayid ended on the Ajira flight might also have to do with the fact that next week's episode was actually supposed to be shown this week. Maybe not, but in any case next week looks to be pretty crazy.

Glad that Jack, Kate and Hurley are back on the island, but as Kate asked, "Where's Sun, Sayid and Ben?" We'll have to wait a fornight (and possibly more) for that .

There's nowhere I can't reach.
chaofan

Member 1794

Level 21.29

Mar 2006

Old Feb 26, 2009, 11:41 PM Local time: Feb 27, 2009, 03:41 PM #11 of 595
I'll agree with the general concensus that this episode was mostly useless (it also explains why they were able to switch last week's episode with this one). The only thing I took from this episode was that the line between good guy and bad is more blurred than ever.

It might just be my lack of judging skills, but Ben murdering Locke threw my perception of who was good/bad off the charts. Widmore helping Locke at the start was also decidedly different than how he's been perceived so far. I'm not complaining, though: Ambiguity was what helped make Lost so compelling and not knowing who to root for is pretty funky. Poor innocent pawn Locke, though.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Last edited by chaofan; Feb 26, 2009 at 11:58 PM. Reason: Oopsah :O
chaofan

Member 1794

Level 21.29

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2009, 11:19 AM Local time: Mar 6, 2009, 03:19 AM #12 of 595
Yeah, the writers seem to want to milk this Jack/Sawyer/Kate/Julie love square to the very end of the show. It always seems to get to a conclusion and then BAM, back to square one. With every combination of this square explored, the only ones left now are the Kate-Julie/Jack-Sawyer combos. I'll take the former.

Richard was pretty cool tonight although it makes me wonder: why did he "step down" from being the authoritative leader of the Others and let Ben control them for a while? Unless Jacob told him to do so.

Jin with fluent English! About time. I'd imagine Daniel Dae Kim sighing, "FINALLY" after years of attempting to speak Korean, and not the other way around.

Which new characters are you referring to, Sass? The ones that were talking to Locke? And as for the rest of the camp, I think it's safe to say that they're pretty much gone. Either that, or they're part of the DI as well and weren't given screen time.

Overall, the episode was very interesting. Too bad there's a one week break ;__;

Most amazing jew boots

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > [Movie] L O S T [possible spoilers]