Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Movie] L O S T [possible spoilers]

speculative
Hard to believe it was just 5 seasons...

Member 1399

Level 25.03

Mar 2006

Old Mar 16, 2008, 09:17 PM Local time: Mar 16, 2008, 08:17 PM #1 of 595
I think we're missing the most important symbolic reference of all, the theme that will tie this mastermind of a show together. Clearly, Ben is Thom Yorke:

And the island is the physical manifestation of Radiohead's music: (warning, spoilers ahead)

You

You are the sun and moon and stars are you,
and I could never run away from you.
You try at working out chaotic things,
and why should I believe myself not you?
It's like the world is going to end so soon,
and why should I believe myself?

You me and everything caught in the fire,
I can see me drowning, caught in the fire.
You me and everything caught in the fire,
and I can see me drowning, caught in the fire.

The survivors can't "run away" from the island, they try to work out its chaos, and there is talk of the world ending (the hatch blowing) and Locke's faith in his beliefs.

"I'm a creep, I'm a weirdo..." Ben is the creepiest person in the unknown universe. "Creep" was Radiohead's first big hit.

"Anyone Can Play Guitar"
And if the world does turn and if London burns,
I'll be standing on the beach with my guitar.
I want to be in a band when I get to heaven,
anyone can play guitar and they won't be anything any more.

A literal reference to Charlie, and foretells Charlie's death.

"No Ripcord" - symbolic of the helicopter parachutists?

"Vegetable"
I'm not a veg'table,
I will not control myself.
I spit on the hand that feeds me,
I will not control myself.

The waters break, the waters run all over me.
The waters break, the waters run
and this time you're gonna pay.

Clearly, Locke's anthem. He's through controlling himself, he lets the rain of the island run all over him as he looks up into the sky, free from his wheelchair and his past.

"Prove Yourself" - Ode to living in Other-town. People want to be free but with Ben around they can't be.

I could go on, but it's time for some ZZZ's and there's many Radiohead albums lol...

Jam it back in, in the dark.
"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little, and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there. Too much – the best of us is washed away…" - G'Kar
speculative
Hard to believe it was just 5 seasons...

Member 1399

Level 25.03

Mar 2006

Old Jan 22, 2009, 02:13 AM Local time: Jan 22, 2009, 01:13 AM #2 of 595
While I was definitely satisfied by tonight's episode, I am still left with the feeling that in the end, the show will not reach any sort of emotional or intellectual peak, but will instead just sort of tie up the loose ends. In the 1-hour special before tonight's episode, the interview hinted at this...

There's nowhere I can't reach.
"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little, and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there. Too much – the best of us is washed away…" - G'Kar

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > [Movie] L O S T [possible spoilers]