Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Movie] L O S T [possible spoilers]

Old Feb 25, 2010, 08:43 AM #1 of 595
Spoiler:
*John picks up the white stone off the scale, leaves the black one, and pitches it into the ocean*

Sawyer: What was that all about?
John: ...Inside joke.

Anyone mind explaining this inside joke? I mean hey if it is an inside joke and the viewer isn't meant to be clued in on it then cool but if I have forgotten something from episodes long ago related to it then I'd like to know.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

Old May 6, 2010, 12:38 PM #2 of 595

There's nowhere I can't reach.
FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

Old May 25, 2010, 11:10 PM 5 #3 of 595
I dunno I think I'm alright with the ending. It makes me think about some things we've recently learned and I've come up with my own little thoughts on how everything went down. As convoluted as my theory might seem to you it makes the ending much easier to swallow.

For instance remember how the man in black was tossed unconscious into the golden tunnel only to come out as a smoke monster? After he did the golden light disappeared. How strange that the golden light was back when Locke, Jack, and Desmond returned later even if the golden light wasn't nearly as strong as it was before in this final episode. Let's think about that. MiB leaves the tunnel as smoke monster and golden light disappears. Hundreds of years later the golden light has built itself up again. What does that mean?

Their mother referred to going down into the tunnel as a fate worse than death. Was that just something to ward them off or something almost literal or perhaps both? I'd go with both. Going down into the golden tunnel turned the MiB into a smoke monster. That's pretty cool. But why? What turned him into a smoke monster? Well let's go a while back when Jacob pulled out his whine glass. He used the cork as a metaphor to describe the island itself being a cork to keep out ultimate evil that would destroy absolutely. I'd say that's pretty much it. However I'd go out and say that the island is itself the wine glass with absolute evil contained within and the golden tunnel with its room with the rock stopper and its golden light water works gizmo to be the cork keeping evil contained within the wine glass er.. island.

So! Why was the MiB turned into a smoke monster? Why did their mother tell them never to enter the golden tunnel? I believe she was correct in saying going in there would cause a fate worse than death but it wouldn't just apply to just one person. By going into the golden tunnel a person would be beset upon by a small portion of evil that was being contained. This person would be cursed into becoming the smoke monster and set forth actions that could eventually get someone to uncork and release all of the evil held within the island.

This may also explain the golden light going out. The small amount of evil that escapes must make the rock stopper water gizmo use a lot of energy in a last second effort to squelch the evil from escaping and/or that evil uses a lot of energy to give smoke monster powers to the person who came into the golden tunnel. Over time energy builds up again as does the golden light.

However I think it must be clarified that the MiB was never the ultimate evil. He was just a guy who really wanted to leave the island; an island that if he were ever able to set the requirements to escape (Jacob dead, candidates out of his way or dead, replacement Jacob not obstructing him, getting someone capable of removing the stone cork from the golden tunnel) would be destroyed releasing all the evil within that would then destroy everything absolutely including the MiB. The MiB was correct in that uncorking the island would allow him to escape. He just never quite knew that the evil within the island wanted this all along so it too could escape causing everything to end - a fate worse than death indeed.

But Acer! What of those skeletons down in the golden stopper room? I'm not completely sure but I believe they could be failed attempts at attempting to uncork the island. I don't believe the MiB was the first smoke monster. I believe he's the first and last to never find the golden chamber or perhaps the first to understand that he himself couldn't uncork the island and that he'd need a Desmond or perhaps the first that didn't after gaining this knowledge kill themselves. He had to get Desmond to uncork the island for a reason. Those skeletons are those reasons. Smoke monsters who try to uncork the island get zapped the fuck dead and then the leaked evil contained within the golden chamber has to wait for the next sucker to fall down inside to try this whole thing all over again. That's why Jacob and the MiB's mother knew not to go into the golden tunnel. It had happened to her people in the past and this was passed down from generation to generation.

So the MiB finally gets his Desmond to uncork the island. He loses his powers as they leave him to go about destroying their container to escape. The MiB is mortal again and soon enough meets his end. Jack then is able to enter the golden tunnel with the evil busy eating away at the island, and with the evil containment zap you the fuck dead sucka machine off he is able to recork it and start that thing up again. He laughs, somehow gets zap warped the hell out of there and then dies in a bamboo forest next to man's best friend. The evil is sealed once again. Close call guys. Good job.

Now Hurly is in charge and Ben is his right hand man. You never know if they leave the island, but with Ben's help Hurly might have used his powers to control the island to allow them to escape. Perhaps he does not. You never really know. However one day we can assume Hurly passes down this responsibility to someone else to protect the island from being uncorked and releasing evil because as we know in the flash sideways which was not really ever a flash sideways that he dies someday. Yes, the flash sideways was a way to bring everyone together to remember and then to move on. I'm okay with this. The island was real. Everything that happened did happen. Someone is still out there protecting the island. Life goes on. Life went on. Life will go on. What is after life will be. It's been a great journey everyone.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

Old May 27, 2010, 02:29 PM 1 #4 of 595
Haha that would have been amusing.

Here's my favorite.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > [Movie] L O S T [possible spoilers]