Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Tournament] *sniff* The player who persuaded me to watch professional soccer...

GhaleonQ
Holy Paladin Fencer *snickers*

Member 20358

Level 16.99

Feb 2007

Old Mar 19, 2007, 06:41 PM Local time: Mar 19, 2007, 05:41 PM #1 of 7
*sniff* The player who persuaded me to watch professional soccer...

...is retiring.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-...,5788885.story

While it's a bit sad that I was inspired by Cobi Jones before, say, Yashin, Moore, or Cruijff, Jones' retirement is sadder.

So, did any players in particular spark your interest in watching televised soccer/football?

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Dopefish
I am becoming a turkey.

Member 42

Level 42.28

Mar 2006

Old Mar 19, 2007, 07:55 PM #2 of 7
Mario Lemieux and the mid-90's Penguins were reason enough for me to watch hockey.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

GhaleonQ
Holy Paladin Fencer *snickers*

Member 20358

Level 16.99

Feb 2007

Old Mar 22, 2007, 06:24 PM Local time: Mar 22, 2007, 05:24 PM #3 of 7
How true.

I'm usually inspired by teams, not players, but Lemieux nearly single-handedly (excluding the front office, of course) dragging the Penguins from the cellar made me a lifelong fan. If the greatest exhibition of a person's respect is his/her Internet nickname, well, "theq66" is STILL my username on most message boards.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
El Ray Fernando
Scholeski

Member 70

Level 26.54

Mar 2006

Old Mar 23, 2007, 09:19 AM Local time: Mar 23, 2007, 03:19 PM #4 of 7
I'll be sad soon it was Eric Cantona, Ryan Giggs, Gary Neville, David Beckham and Paul Scholes in 93-94 and 94-95 (The Fledglings) which persuaded me to be a Manchester United Fan 1 of whom has already retired with the other 4 only having a few seasons left.

Nowadays its Christiano Ronaldo and Wayne Rooney who tickle my excitement with alot of others who play for Manchester United, its because of the players that I love the team and it always has been; Sir Alex Ferguson has always gone for the exciting ones.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

Last edited by El Ray Fernando; Mar 23, 2007 at 09:23 AM.
Lazyguy
Confused yet

Member 10757

Level 14.04

Aug 2006

Old Mar 23, 2007, 11:09 AM Local time: Mar 23, 2007, 11:09 AM #5 of 7
I was inspired to play soccer by manchester united in general as a team not just single players and they are still a good strong team today and its not all just about rooney and ronaldo they have other good players that are able to score

I was speaking idiomatically.
El Ray Fernando
Scholeski

Member 70

Level 26.54

Mar 2006

Old Mar 23, 2007, 11:19 AM Local time: Mar 23, 2007, 05:19 PM #6 of 7
I was inspired to play soccer by manchester united in general as a team not just single players and they are still a good strong team today and its not all just about rooney and ronaldo they have other good players that are able to score

Vidic and Carrick have been so good this season, but I'd still pick Heinze over Evra any day he's a much stonger and more competitive left back.

I agree its the team as a whole, I love this first XI this season but its those players with that little bit of magic that really get the heart rate going. When certain players have the ball you know somethings going to happen, it was this by Cantona that really got me going and the great Dane with the saves Peter Schmeichel, with the Fledglings to follow.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

Last edited by El Ray Fernando; Mar 23, 2007 at 12:35 PM.
Domino
-

Member 1180

Level 28.87

Mar 2006

Old Mar 23, 2007, 12:13 PM Local time: Mar 23, 2007, 06:13 PM #7 of 7
Back in the mid 90's it was Manchester United that got me watching football. Beckham, Giggs, Cantona, and Schmeichel were the players in particular that got me watching. Nowadays it is the likes of Cristiano Ronaldo, Lionel Messi and Wayne Rooney that have me watching the footie, you never know what they are going to conjure up next.

FELIPE NO

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > [Tournament] *sniff* The player who persuaded me to watch professional soccer...