Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[PS3] PlayStation 3 Discussion Thread
Closed Thread

UltimaIchijouji
Gold Chocobo

Member 789

Level 28.86

Mar 2006

Old Oct 15, 2006, 05:50 PM #1 of 3592
I've played the PS3 and therefore, I've used the SIXAXIS. Besides the L2/R2 triggers, detachable wire and the logo gem, yeah, it is pretty much the same as a Dual Shock 2. It is lightweight as many of the official reviewers have said, but when you remove the rumble function, which would obviously add quite a bit of weight, its quite obvious to come to the conclusion that its going to be a lot lighter.

Its not so cheap that its going to break in your hands. The controller is a lot lighter, but that should be a good thing. Think of it this way: I played the Wii as well and the Wiimote + Nunchaku combined is lighter.

Most amazing jew boots

Last edited by UltimaIchijouji; Oct 15, 2006 at 05:53 PM. Reason: Automerged additional post.
UltimaIchijouji
Gold Chocobo

Member 789

Level 28.86

Mar 2006

Old Jan 8, 2007, 04:51 PM #2 of 3592
I actually bought the Memory Card Converter today. I'd like to take this oppurtunity to remind Sony that they don't need to make the box three times the length of the product. Let's keep things sophisticated here, Sony.

Oh, and also...

WHAT IS THE MEANING OF THIS!?

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Last edited by UltimaIchijouji; Jan 8, 2007 at 05:01 PM.
UltimaIchijouji
Gold Chocobo

Member 789

Level 28.86

Mar 2006

Old Jan 8, 2007, 05:41 PM #3 of 3592
Oh no, I'm talking about the price. FIFTEEN DOLLARS FOR SOMETHING IM GOING TO USE ONCE. It makes me sad.

Also flOw being delayed to NEXT Monday makes me even more sad.

Sony needs to make me happier, and fast.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
UltimaIchijouji
Gold Chocobo

Member 789

Level 28.86

Mar 2006

Old Jan 20, 2007, 02:44 AM #4 of 3592
Hey Go! Sudoku is pretty fun. Never really played Sudoku before. However purchasable expansion packs suck. I hope that doesn't happen to Blast Factor.

Speaking of Blast Factor, anyone else enjoy it as much as I?

Still considering purchasing Gripshift...

edit//And on another note, throwing a bigger HD in my PS3 is on my list, but isn't prioritized. I'm waiting for OpenSuSE to be completed for PS3 before I mess with Linux, although it is compelling.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

Last edited by UltimaIchijouji; Jan 20, 2007 at 03:02 AM.
UltimaIchijouji
Gold Chocobo

Member 789

Level 28.86

Mar 2006

Old Jan 20, 2007, 09:09 PM #5 of 3592
Ah, so it's at least possible through Linux, thank you. Alright, I'll see if someone can get a confirmation on the XMB use. I vaguely remember talk of USB memory sticks working on the PS3, so external HDDs wouldn't sound impossible.
It should work. My USB flash drive has been in my PS3 for about a week and I copied my game saves onto it for back up. I don't have any externals right now to check, but if you don't get to looking into it before I do, I'll keep you updated.

I was speaking idiomatically.
UltimaIchijouji
Gold Chocobo

Member 789

Level 28.86

Mar 2006

Old Jan 22, 2007, 08:21 PM #6 of 3592
Sony's servers are down. They better have a good amount of new content in the PS Store (read: playable flOw) to make up for this shit.

Supposedly they've been down all day but I just got home.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
UltimaIchijouji
Gold Chocobo

Member 789

Level 28.86

Mar 2006

Old Jan 22, 2007, 10:43 PM #7 of 3592
Its back online here, and yes you're right about flOw. Its unfortunate though. This is bad for Sony especially since Nintendo just released A Link to the Motherfucking Past in VC. I'm about to go spend my virtual money on VC games. No joke.

Most amazing jew boots
UltimaIchijouji
Gold Chocobo

Member 789

Level 28.86

Mar 2006

Old Feb 16, 2007, 12:24 AM #8 of 3592
flOw. Q*Bert. Playstation Store. February 22. A useful PS3. 6 days.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
UltimaIchijouji
Gold Chocobo

Member 789

Level 28.86

Mar 2006

Old Feb 22, 2007, 05:18 PM #9 of 3592
PlayStation Store 0222
flOw (G) - $7.99
Q*Bert (G) - $4.99
Ridge Racer 7 (D) - Free

Code:
(G) Game
(D) Demo
(V) Video
Go get! flOw! PS3 now is worth purchasing.

edit// flOw is wonderful.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Last edited by UltimaIchijouji; Feb 22, 2007 at 08:56 PM.
UltimaIchijouji
Gold Chocobo

Member 789

Level 28.86

Mar 2006

Old Feb 23, 2007, 01:29 PM #10 of 3592
I'm glad I'm not European. Sucks for you guys. Although, eventually, you'll be able to play all your games. Eventually.

UltimaIchijouji
Gold Chocobo

Member 789

Level 28.86

Mar 2006

Old Feb 24, 2007, 08:25 PM #11 of 3592
I took SOLDIER's advice and signed up for the Playstation Store under a Japanese account and I am pleasantly surprised. There's a free Dokodemo Issho game titled 'Mainichi Issho.' The game is free, but they have extra items for sale, similar to how some MMOs like Gunbound work.

If you can't speak Japanese, don't bother. If you can and you know Toro (Sony's trademark cat), then I think you should go for it. The games are always pretty fun and extremely cute.

UltimaIchijouji
Gold Chocobo

Member 789

Level 28.86

Mar 2006

Old Feb 25, 2007, 12:26 AM #12 of 3592
I downloaded that cat thing, but I can't even get past the first screen. It's some sort of message involving the X button, but I can't advance despite pushing all the buttons.
Oh? It might be the copyright/autosave message? I dunno. It worked for me. But I can also read japanese. I'll look into it for you.

edit//
Screen 1: Black bg, passes through automatically
Screen 2: This software saves automatically bullshit, press X
Screen 3: Some other shit, just confirm it, press X (doesn't give button prompt)
Screen 4: Gender, confirm
Screen 5: Birth year, confirm
Screen 6: Birth month, confirm
Screen 7: Birth day, confirm
Screen 8: Blood type, confirm

etc etc etc. X is the only button you need. If you can't read moonspeak you can't play the game anyway though. You can still look at Toro and friends be ridiculously cute though.

Last edited by UltimaIchijouji; Feb 25, 2007 at 01:40 AM.
UltimaIchijouji
Gold Chocobo

Member 789

Level 28.86

Mar 2006

Old Apr 10, 2007, 04:39 AM #13 of 3592
I got Oblivion. Huge game. I'm still trying to learn how to play efficiently and I've had it for almost a week. Also got another SIXAXIS for multiplayer fun in Resistance and my downloadable titles. Also bought Tekken for the hell of it.

I'm really starting to enjoy my PS3 now. Next up VF5 and Motorstorm.

UltimaIchijouji
Gold Chocobo

Member 789

Level 28.86

Mar 2006

Old Apr 20, 2007, 06:05 AM #14 of 3592
the ps2 to ps3 controller adapter will also work for ps3 games too rite? anyone know...
I believe it works for games that don't use SIXAXIS.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
UltimaIchijouji
Gold Chocobo

Member 789

Level 28.86

Mar 2006

Old May 19, 2007, 09:09 AM #15 of 3592
Oh snap. Signed up, thanks for the link Bomber.
FUCK YOURE LUCKY. Its closed already. Damnit I need to check this thread more often.

FELIPE NO
UltimaIchijouji
Gold Chocobo

Member 789

Level 28.86

Mar 2006

Old Jun 5, 2007, 05:49 AM 1 #16 of 3592
Theres no way to describe the FolksSoul demo other than "Amazing."

UltimaIchijouji
Gold Chocobo

Member 789

Level 28.86

Mar 2006

Old Jun 5, 2007, 03:55 PM #17 of 3592
Yeah, FolksSoul is great. Set for a September/October 2007 release date here, but it'll be in Japan by the end of the month.

The fighting is amazing and it uses the SIXAXIS well. When you collect the Ids of the monsters you fight (getting them to something called a Dizzy Point, at about 50% HP), you have to shake the SIXAXIS and magical arms will sprout from you and attempt to absorb the Id into your body. It's a great visual effect.

The FMVs aren't quite up to par with a lot of PS3 games but the gameplay is great and the environments are really vivid and beautiful. It reminds me a lot of what I'd imagine a Harry Potter or other extremely magical world to look like.

I really hope that they don't mess this game up because I'm probably looking forward to it more than I am Heavenly Sword right now.

UltimaIchijouji
Gold Chocobo

Member 789

Level 28.86

Mar 2006

Old Jun 7, 2007, 02:33 PM #18 of 3592
That FolksSoul game is pretty bizarro, man! It's nice, though, not something that made me go "WOW!" but it was a nice experience. The Everybody's Golf 5 demo, however, is awesome. It's extremely fun to play, the graphics and details are just neat and I think I played it like ten times in a row today
The FolksSoul demo doesn't really go that far since a demo for an RPG is eh. But if you ever get the chance check out the trailers or interviews on IGN for a real treat. I can't wait for it.

Last edited by UltimaIchijouji; Jun 7, 2007 at 02:36 PM.
UltimaIchijouji
Gold Chocobo

Member 789

Level 28.86

Mar 2006

Old Jun 20, 2007, 06:05 PM #19 of 3592
Oh I downloaded that too! Mainichi Issho, yea I get stuck at that screen as well. From what I hear you can read the daily news, or get a daily news feed in the game. Anyway, has anyone been able to get it working?
Uh, wait? I think that its probably downloading all of the older news issues, which is about 100-150 episodes, so sit tight. I have it working, I don't play it much since I can't read that fast, but it works.

UltimaIchijouji
Gold Chocobo

Member 789

Level 28.86

Mar 2006

Old Jun 21, 2007, 10:23 PM #20 of 3592
lol , I downloaded the warhawk beta illegally last week and today, I just got officially accepted in the beta XD The beta appeared in my pstore with the weekly update XD
How do you download it illegally? And how did you apply for it? Are beta test applications open again?

UltimaIchijouji
Gold Chocobo

Member 789

Level 28.86

Mar 2006

Old Jun 22, 2007, 09:04 AM #21 of 3592
Yeah I just got an acceptance today also. Too bad there's only a week left...
Damn, only a week? Maybe I'll nab it illegally and play it once or twice right before the week is over.

Anyone know what happens after this beta period is over? I know its not coming out, so maybe open beta?

UltimaIchijouji
Gold Chocobo

Member 789

Level 28.86

Mar 2006

Old Jun 29, 2007, 04:34 PM #22 of 3592
Downloading Dynasty Warrior: Gundam and just bought Super Stardust HD. I'm not expecting much from the Dynasty Warrior: Gundam but SSHD looks like it is very fun and unique.

I'm also very glad to announce that all my bitching for GAME folder organization finally seems to have paid off.

Originally Posted by PS3Fanboy
* Folder support for all sections of the XMB including Games, allowing you to organize your plethora of demos/ps1 titles/PSN games.
* User Profile page accessible directly from the XMB that shows off the your gamerscore, profile info and trophies. The page will also be viewable in your Home apartment.
* PlayStation Store is getting completely redesigned to make it more console accessible and to pave the way for the additional content Sony plans to release by the end of the year (videos, movies, music, etc).
* You'll be able to select your trophies for use as a t-shirt graphic in Home so everybody can check out your Loco Roco skillz without having to go to your house.
All this to be shown off at E3. Hopefully it'll be available soon thereafter.

Source: PS3Fanboy

How ya doing, buddy?
UltimaIchijouji
Gold Chocobo

Member 789

Level 28.86

Mar 2006

Old Jun 29, 2007, 08:12 PM #23 of 3592
gee whiz thanks for that input i havent heard that response like 30,000 times before lolz.

J/K MAN. J/K.

That folder support option kicks all sorts of ass. I've been itching for a way to accomplish this. I really want to know if you will be able to also do this with your buddy list as well (like setting up groups, or something).
Well it said ALL XMB folders, so I'm assuming so.

I just played Dynasty Warriors: Gundam and Super Stardust HD.

Dynasty Warriors: Gundam was mildly fun because I'm going through a hard time right now and destroying as much as I can makes me feel better as a person. When I got Game Over fighting Zechs though, I didn't bother going back to try again. Other than that, like SouthJag, this might be a good novelty buy or something to do when you're bored. I might go back and play it later tonight if I get bored. Highly unlikely though, since...

I bought Super Stardust HD, and Geometry Wars clones get me every time. Although it may be unfair to call this a Geometry Wars clone because it's actually fairly unique. And very fun, like Blast Factor. They got it right and added Multiplayer Co-op off the bat on this one.

As for the gameplay on this one, its similar to GW and Blast Factor: Left Analog to move, Right Analog to shoot. L1 and R1 cycle through your weapons, since you have more than one, and L2 and R2 Boost and Bomb respectively. There are Gold, Rock, and Ice asteroids and appropriate weapons to destroy them with. My one strife is that it's kind of hard to differentiate the different types of asteroid since Gold and Rock kind of look the same to me. From the other side of the planet, Ice looks like Ice but by the time I get to it, I'm not too sure. So I just blast everything with the Rock Blaster. It's worked fairly well for me so far.

In addition to blasting asteroids out of your planetspace, when you blast enough chunks of stuff, they throw a certain amount of alien enemies at you during the level and this is where it starts to resemble Geometry Wars. At first they only appear at the end of the level, but after 1:1 (First Planet, First Phase), they start to appear at various times during the level to annoy the shit out of you, and that's not a bad thing. They're easily disposed of but it does get tricky when you're dodging asteroids and you've got alien scum all up your ass.

If you like Geometry Wars and Blast Factor, $7.99 ($8.65 after tax) is a nice amount for this game. And you don't even have to buy a Multiplayer Pack in a couple of months. Unless, of course, they decide to add online Co-Op, in which case I won't complain.

Most amazing jew boots
UltimaIchijouji
Gold Chocobo

Member 789

Level 28.86

Mar 2006

Old Jul 6, 2007, 10:43 AM #24 of 3592
My actual post content that I wanted to pass along is that PS3 loses Beautiful Katamari to 360. I'm so depressed.

I never got why people feel the need to bitch about something they want for something they don't want nor have. If you want your PS3 exclusives, you will buy a PS3. No matter how opposed you are to the technologies or the price, eventually, you will buy a PS3. Is it really that hard to not open your mouth?

Last edited by UltimaIchijouji; Jul 6, 2007 at 10:53 AM.
UltimaIchijouji
Gold Chocobo

Member 789

Level 28.86

Mar 2006

Old Jul 6, 2007, 07:15 PM #25 of 3592

Bought this today. It's actually pretty good quality. Its got the same scratch-prone finish as the PS3, so your hairscratched black console will match your hairscratched black charger. It also has some silver on it but its hard to explain where. It looks nice though, and mine already has a nice little hairscratch on it just like my PS3.

There are colored charge indicators and they provide stickers so that you don't mess up your SIXAXIS' front or something, but the stickers have Nyko logos so I didn't bother.

The box's stated charge time is 1.5 hours, but my controllers are never really that dry so I can't really vouch for it or not. It also uses a normal outlet, and that's a good thing. Always.

Closed Thread

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [PS3] PlayStation 3 Discussion Thread