Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[PS3] PlayStation 3 Discussion Thread
Closed Thread

WolfDemon
Grub Killer

Member 737

Level 27.82

Mar 2006

Old Dec 7, 2006, 04:42 AM Local time: Dec 7, 2006, 01:42 AM #1 of 3592
Man, I really hope they fix all the problems the PS3 has within the next couple of years or so, or I may not be getting one, MGS4 or no. The fact that you have to buy a separate piece just to be able to use PS1/2 memory cards and certain controllers (Excluding the guitar, so I hear) is a HUGE turnoff for me. Not to mention the constant freezing during gameplay and...

Originally Posted by http://www.us.playstation.com/Support/CompatibleStatus

Devil May Cry 3: Dante's Awakening
When the user's character opens a door, the "warping" sound effect plays overlapped by a static noise.

Final Fantasy IX
Throughout gameplay and FMA's when the user's character walks up or down on screen and the camera pans up or down to follow the movement, four transparent horizontal lines appear across the screen.

Final Fantasy VII
On Disc 1, when the first battle begins at the Mako Reactor, a flashing black square appears around the user's character's pointer.

Final Fantasy VIII
Throughout gameplay, when the user's party encounters a random enemy in the "world map" and the "pre-battle" transistion screen appears, approximately 40 - 60% of the "pre-battle" transition screen appears black, and the remaining portion of the screen appears corrupted. (!)

Silent Hill
Throughout gameplay, when the user's character shoots an enemy, a medium pitched tone plays.

Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence (Normal and Limited Editions respectively)
During gameplay, with 1 PS3 user hosting a Team Deathmatch Game Type, and 5 other users as clients, the host is randomly disconnected, and is unable to reconnect.

Throughout the title, with the PS3 using HDMI out, the screen appears divided horizontally, and both of the divided portions of the screen display out of sync from one another. (!)
I understand a new system will have its kinks to work out, but Sony really needs to get their shit together. As far as I know, Nintendo has always put out a new system and gotten everything (functionality-wise) right the first time. I'm no Nintendo fanboy in the least, but Sony has really shot itself in the foot this time. The PS2's Disc Read Error fiasco is a joke compared to this.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
WolfDemon
Grub Killer

Member 737

Level 27.82

Mar 2006

Old Dec 7, 2006, 09:07 AM Local time: Dec 7, 2006, 06:07 AM #2 of 3592
Originally Posted by SouthJag
WolfDemon, you're aware that Nintendo's first Wii update caused some of their systems to brick, aren't you? Nintendo's not without their launch kinks either. I seem to recall a few hinges breaking on the DS Lite I believe shortly after its launch.
First I've heard of it.

Quote:
Honestly, the PS3's come off their launch relatively stable. So what, 200 games out of 8,000 aren't backwards compatible. Is that such a bad thing?
Well, I only looked up the games that I own, and that many turned up faulty. So yeah, it kinda is, for me at least.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
WolfDemon
Grub Killer

Member 737

Level 27.82

Mar 2006

Old Dec 7, 2006, 02:26 PM Local time: Dec 7, 2006, 11:26 AM #3 of 3592
Originally Posted by Kilroy
In any case, it's better than what Xbox 360 managed. That you still can't play Psychonauts is tantamount to a crime.
I have to disagree with that. I'd rather have the game not work at all than have it work with glaring errors. That's why all those games don't work for 360 yet. Because they haven't fixed it to where it won't have shit like random noises playing over static or "40 - 60% of the "pre-battle" transition screen appears black, and the remaining portion of the screen appears corrupted."

Maybe that's just me.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
WolfDemon
Grub Killer

Member 737

Level 27.82

Mar 2006

Old Dec 8, 2006, 02:21 AM Local time: Dec 7, 2006, 11:21 PM #4 of 3592
Originally Posted by Cetra
Yeah let's hold up the release of the PS3 for six months so the engineers can work out that problem with the black box around Cloud in the ten year old FF7.
FF7's one flaw for that part of the game isn't the main problem for me. It's all the other games and their
Quote:
Final Fantasy IX
Throughout gameplay...

Silent Hill
Throughout gameplay...

Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence
Throughout the title...
Originally Posted by Rock
Approximately 95% of all PS2 games work perfectly fine on the PS3 without errors.
Sure, that's an impressive number. But what if, like me, all the games you own just so happen to be part of the other 5%?

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Closed Thread

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [PS3] PlayStation 3 Discussion Thread