Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[PS3] PlayStation 3 Discussion Thread
Closed Thread

Technophile
With my hands...Be My Last

Member 680

Level 19.53

Mar 2006

Old Mar 18, 2006, 06:40 PM #1 of 3592
Originally Posted by sega.co.jp
While the PS3 is guarenteed the top spot for most of this decade
Originally Posted by Kensaki

And yeah $400 for a blue-ray player/gaming console/media station/home server = dirt cheap. Especially with the hardware in this one.
We still don't know for a fact that it's gonna cost 400 bucks. Also, some of us still feel that adding very impressive, but still Irrelavant to core-gameplay, features does not justify a wallet busting price point.

PS3 has an insane amount of hype and speculation built up around it. However to say that it's pretty much guaranteed to come out on top over Microsoft and Nintendo next gen without even seeing or recieving any substantial gameplay footage or information (not to mention any real demos) is ridiculous. (Well..I guess no one will freak out too much if you rule out the 360)

Personally, I think that if the price point isn't too insane, and it's released with quality killer-app title or two & major bug-free, then Sony will secure it's place again. I especially like the simultaneous release idea. We won't have to deal with footage of titles released halfway around the globe taunted at our faces while we just sit and wait.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Technophile

Member 680

Level 19.53

Mar 2006

Old Mar 19, 2006, 01:24 PM #2 of 3592
That's pretty awsome. We all know what happens when they have a huge add on such as this sold seperately, so this is definately good news. It does make me more worried about the price though...

Oh and other than saving games & downloading demos/patches/new levels, is there any other real use for the HDD?

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Technophile

Member 680

Level 19.53

Mar 2006

Old Mar 19, 2006, 08:07 PM #3 of 3592
Originally Posted by Megalith
The real use for the HDD is pirating games.

No lying.
And this is beneficial to Sony how? Surely there must be some other official use that they have in mind...

(hey, not that I'm complaning though)

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Technophile

Member 680

Level 19.53

Mar 2006

Old Mar 24, 2006, 04:45 PM #4 of 3592
What? Japane's in two regions?

Also, this was never confirmed, does region free games mean that import PS1 & PS2 games will work as well? Or is it just for PS3 games?

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Technophile

Member 680

Level 19.53

Mar 2006

Old Mar 25, 2006, 03:31 PM #5 of 3592
Wow these look amazing. I especially love the R&C pics. I do see another "In game/rendered movie" crazetravaganza coming on cause of this though.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Technophile

Member 680

Level 19.53

Mar 2006

Old Mar 25, 2006, 05:46 PM #6 of 3592
Warhawk looks like crap in those screens.

Too bad it'll be the best game out of them all.
Maybe for you it will be...

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Technophile

Member 680

Level 19.53

Mar 2006

Old Mar 26, 2006, 04:18 PM #7 of 3592
Originally Posted by T1249NTSCJ
Here is some interesting news...Seems more is left to be done.

http://www.tgdaily.com/2006/03/24/gdc2006_ps3_no_hdmi/
Wait, wait, wait. So, all those people buying HD TVs now in preperation for the PS3 are gonna be screwed over cause their TVs' HDMI inputs are incompatible with PS3's HDMI output? If that's the case, I can't wait to see the angry cosumers. I get at least 5 people a day telling me they're getting an HD tv just for the PS3. I really, really like how Sony's thinking about the future and making sure the PS3 won't be obsolete anytime soon but it's almost as if it's too good and advanced for the current standards.

Oh and I want that GIANT panasonic touch screen TV! ;__;

FELIPE NO
Technophile

Member 680

Level 19.53

Mar 2006

Old Mar 27, 2006, 06:07 PM #8 of 3592
Yeah Samsung LCDs are pretty kick ass. I'm personally gonna wait it out when it comes to HDTVs. Don't get me wrong, I think they look spectacular, but I just don't think the technology's peaked yet and the way HD channels and movies are offered is still far from streamlined. The TVs are slowly but surely getting cheaper and better. Also, there are still a handfull of other HDTV technologies in the works that are suppose to blow plasmas and LCDs outta the water both in terms visuals, longevity, and price-point.

I'm especially curious to see what Sony's gonna unleash since they stopped making plasmas partly to work on a new type of high-def TV. I think the PS3's lifespan will be long enough to warrant some waiting.

Oh and anyone else think that Sony might be pushing PS3's price way up in the air with the hype now so that they can actually launch with a semi-acceptable pricepoint like $350 and make it seem cheaper to us in comparison to all the speculation?

Oh and speaking of Sony TVs, it's funny how lots of people who like Samsung's loath Sony's even thoguh Samsung creates a lot of the inner parts and workings for Sony's TVs.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Technophile

Member 680

Level 19.53

Mar 2006

Old Mar 27, 2006, 06:39 PM #9 of 3592
So just buy two CRTs.

They ain't even expensive.
Many plasmas out there look better than CRTs. Also, CRTs top out at about 36" so you'd be outta luck if you want anything above that.

How ya doing, buddy?
Technophile

Member 680

Level 19.53

Mar 2006

Old Mar 27, 2006, 06:56 PM #10 of 3592

Also, Plasma is a dying technology.
Yeah but the future of CRTs' isn't exactly looking bright either. As more and more people demand larger sized TVs for their home-theater set-ups and smaller LCDs get cheaper, CRTs are becoming less and less desirable.

They may still be the standard but I highly doubt it'll remain that way as a model or two are discontinued every month or so at work only to see that there's no new successor to keep the selection of CRTs from shrinking.

Technophile

Member 680

Level 19.53

Mar 2006

Old Mar 27, 2006, 07:10 PM #11 of 3592
Originally Posted by Taegueki
I am sorry, have you even bother to check the link I gave out? Prob not.

Let me translate it in 1 sentense. You are able to download 2 and half hour movie in to your cellphone under 10 second and able to send the file to another person's cellphone if they are under 10m.

And you are SOOO wrong about Kimchi. Most Kimchi factory is located in China.
Um, how is this relevant? I'm mean it's pretty damn kick ass and all but unless these phones have screens that can transform to measure up to 50" with the press of a button, (and work with the PS3 and other gaming consoles), I don't see them replacing the current TVs duking it out on the market.

Technophile

Member 680

Level 19.53

Mar 2006

Old Mar 27, 2006, 07:17 PM #12 of 3592
Originally Posted by Taegueki
Awsome, tell that to other 20million who uses that.

@ Technophile

And what I was pointing out was that Samsung and LG is better at making TV then most of shitty Japanese companies.
Oh. (^^); I guess I was so awed by what the phone can do I missed that point. Whoops.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Technophile

Member 680

Level 19.53

Mar 2006

Old Apr 3, 2006, 01:09 AM #13 of 3592
Bleh that controller looks so boring. Also, that black, half-circle part on top of the pause and select buttons looks a lot like the censor on the tip of Revo's controller...

Last edited by Technophile; Apr 3, 2006 at 01:12 AM.
Technophile

Member 680

Level 19.53

Mar 2006

Old May 4, 2006, 09:07 PM #14 of 3592
Oh Infernal Monkey, how you brighten my day.

Originally Posted by SOLDIER
PS3 confirmed to be playable in E3.

http://ps3.qj.net/

Sexilicious.
Anyway that's pretty awsome news. For a while, I seriously was starting to think that they were just gonna have trailers on display. Anyway, the real question is, will there be a playable Killzone demo?

Technophile

Member 680

Level 19.53

Mar 2006

Old May 8, 2006, 06:10 PM #15 of 3592
Aren't we suppose to already see the conference by now? Gamespot's livestreaming is only showing a shitty BestBuy ad and then.. nothing.

FELIPE NO
Technophile

Member 680

Level 19.53

Mar 2006

Old May 8, 2006, 06:23 PM #16 of 3592
Urgh ok, so apperantly it's gonna start within a freaking hour. lovely

Technophile

Member 680

Level 19.53

Mar 2006

Old May 8, 2006, 06:28 PM #17 of 3592
Originally Posted by El Ray Fernando
Even he's waiting.
lol. I kinda wanna see Hideo just standing there all bored and uncertain of what to do on stage. Actually I seriously think they should start streaming the video now even with nothing going on. That way, I'll know that I'm set and connected when the actual conference starts.

Shonos, did you try gamesarefun.com? Just click on the live-blogging of the sony conference section there. Yeah it'll take a while but just sit there and let it load. Might as well do it now before the show starts.

Technophile

Member 680

Level 19.53

Mar 2006

Old May 8, 2006, 06:33 PM #18 of 3592
Originally Posted by AcerBandit
Okay music just started playing for the Sony conference stream.
How did you connect Acer? What link are you using on windows player????

Technophile

Member 680

Level 19.53

Mar 2006

Old May 8, 2006, 06:34 PM #19 of 3592
OK nevermind Acer I'm connected. XD This music quality is so craptacular, it's awsome.

Technophile

Member 680

Level 19.53

Mar 2006

Old May 8, 2006, 06:37 PM #20 of 3592
I DEMAND DANCING HIDEO ALONG WITH THE MUSIC!

How ya doing, buddy?
Technophile

Member 680

Level 19.53

Mar 2006

Old May 8, 2006, 06:43 PM #21 of 3592
I wonder what's actualy holding them up. OH GOD ;_; REGEATON

GREAT =/

Technophile

Member 680

Level 19.53

Mar 2006

Old May 8, 2006, 06:49 PM #22 of 3592
XD this music's beyond amusing. I'm waiting for them to bust out Super Freak. (Or better yet, Kiss by Prince)

Technophile

Member 680

Level 19.53

Mar 2006

Old May 8, 2006, 06:53 PM #23 of 3592
ooh here come the goods

FELIPE NO
Technophile

Member 680

Level 19.53

Mar 2006

Old May 8, 2006, 11:56 PM #24 of 3592
Originally Posted by SOLDIER
Phew, I finally got back from the movie. That Tom Cruise sure can-

......the PS3 is HOW MUCH!?

This is the worst birthday ever.

LOL Soldier.

Honestly, I see no reason at all to buy a PS3 at launch. First of all, considering how the PS2 preformed, chances are, the first batch of PS3's are gonna be buggy. Second, price is ridiculous. Third, the AAA games I do want, (FFXIII dear god it looks kick ass and possibly one of PS3's few saving graces), will probebly not be out until the console itself is close to a price-drop. ( Assuming the cosnole doesn't flop by then).

Oh as for the no memory card slots in the cheaper version fiasco, is the HDD detachable? Because if it is, that kinda makes up for lack of memory card slots.

Cetra, developers won't stay with a system that doesn't garner enough people. If consumers speak with their wallets and not buy a PS3, developers will hop over to the 360 and Wii faster than you can say "Sony shot itself in the foot". I mean, hey, Genesis was extremely popular and well recieved. Saturn came out and was too pricey. So, before you know it, everyone flocked over to Sony (who were newcomers at the stage even). It CAN happen. Just because a company garners the majority of support and populairty, it doesn't mean it can't easily lose it. Look at Sega, and Nintendo.

Last edited by Technophile; May 9, 2006 at 12:00 AM.
Technophile

Member 680

Level 19.53

Mar 2006

Old May 9, 2006, 01:56 AM #25 of 3592
I have to agree with Dayvon here. The price is just insane. Just because we were expecting the system to be expensive, it doesn't make it's price point any less ridiculous now. Even if a decent number of +18 year olds buy their own PS3, (don't see it happening) just think of all the kids out there that buy videogames through their parents who aren't too big on the hobby. "Hmm, 360 for about $400, Wii for [PROBEBLY] $300 or below, or PS3 for upwards of $500". Oh gee! I wonder which one they'll forgo! I think Sony's being way too cocky here and it's just gonna come back and bite them in the ass.

Personaly, I think there are three main things that can contribute to Sony holding on to their current top spot:

--1-- The exclusive AAA titles (FFXIII, MGS4, etc.)
--2-- The generaly unimformed consumer.
--3-- The rabid fanboys.

Will they be enough to keep Sony in it's current spot? I doubt it. Especially when you take into account that, with the exception of some of the fanboys, if any of these three hops over to the other side, the other two are likely to follow.

Closed Thread

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [PS3] PlayStation 3 Discussion Thread