Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[PS3] PlayStation 3 Discussion Thread
Closed Thread

Neogin
Wealth of Random Knowledge

Member 641

Level 16.38

Mar 2006

Old May 13, 2006, 12:21 PM #1 of 3592
Originally Posted by Rayne
Only reason ANYONE would be getting the wii anyway is for The new Smash Bros. Title. That's their Trumph Card. In my opininon. The wii will end up like the dreamcast. How long will the wii-mote last until people finally get tired of it and Creators can't find any ideas on how to make whe wii-mote work with their game. All in All.... People will eventually Stop using the wii-mote and stick with the controller.

The Ps3 though.... Will last for a while. Even though It costs 600 dollars.
The only people who will buy it that first month will be the rich people. (My mom's already said she wasn't getting it and it's not even out yet)
The rest of America will wait a few mor months until the Ps3 lowers to 499.
I hope you know the Wii still comes with a shell, and it is still compadable with the original Gamecube controller. Plus, Nintendo will never pull off a Dreamcast, they have plenty of cash reserves to back themselves up.

Anyway, I'm not too excited about the PS3, but one or two games did actually interest me. Too bad I won't be getting one in the near future, it's way too expensive. I'll wait until it reaches $200, which may take a few years. I refuse to spend more than $200-$250 on a gaming console.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Neogin

Member 641

Level 16.38

Mar 2006

Old May 14, 2006, 06:07 PM #2 of 3592
Originally Posted by Freddy Krueger
Even if you get a first generation PS3 you can get a warranty right?
Not unless the store has a warranty policy.

How ya doing, buddy?
Neogin

Member 641

Level 16.38

Mar 2006

Old May 17, 2006, 04:28 PM #3 of 3592
Kutaragi does have a point. Technically, you get a cheap Blu-Ray player, with the option to play thousands of games.

But still, $500-600 for a gaming console? I still can't really shake it off.

With the price of gas rising, and the cost of living skyrocketing, it'll be pretty hard for most of the middle-class people to afford it..

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Neogin

Member 641

Level 16.38

Mar 2006

Old May 17, 2006, 06:33 PM #4 of 3592
The jump from VHS to DVD was a huge. No more stupid rewind/forwards, we can actually skip chapters, clearer quality, more space, that was huge.

Now, the only thing good I see coming out of this is maybe a bit more crisp audio, and video, because of the increased space, and all that other tech related stuff.. DVDs still cost a pretty penny, but Blu-Ray disks? I can only imagine..

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Closed Thread

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [PS3] PlayStation 3 Discussion Thread