Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[PS3] PlayStation 3 Discussion Thread
Closed Thread

Karasu
... Boss. *broken rib*

Member 5720

Level 20.39

Apr 2006

Old May 14, 2006, 01:46 PM #1 of 3592
I'm gonna have to agree with Garth. I do feel 600 is way too much for the ps3 [although, thats the system with the whole 60 gig HD in it right?]. Not only that, but every first revisions have weird errors and bugs. I remember when my friend first bought a ps2, the fan in it melted the system and the game in it I believe. And when the dreamcast first came out, I knew another dude who had to buy three of them, because everytime he played one, it overheated and melted. I'm going to wait until spring of 2007 to get one personally.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Karasu
... Boss. *broken rib*

Member 5720

Level 20.39

Apr 2006

Old May 16, 2006, 10:47 PM #2 of 3592
To be honest...I dont see the reason in needing a wireless controller. I would have much rather had a rumble feature instead of wireless. I think wireless stuff should be for the people like Logitech and Mad Catz [lmao, they even around still?] to make those accessories, not the major companies such as Sony or Nintendo. It's just silly to me.

I think what really concerns me is this whole 'ps3 not compatable with the ps2 ans ps1 memory cards' thing.

[if these things have been answered and discussed, don't get all pissed because I dont regularly follow this thread by every post. >_>]

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Karasu
... Boss. *broken rib*

Member 5720

Level 20.39

Apr 2006

Old May 17, 2006, 02:16 AM #3 of 3592
Originally Posted by GELB-2
I actually like the idea of wireless controllers. I got a chance to try out some on an Xbox 360 the other day and it's just nice to be able to take/move the thing anywhere and not have to worry about cords. That's definetly a smart move on the part of next-gen sytems, incorporating that as a default.

As for the rumble/shock feature, Sony would just get sued again if they did use it.

Bah, i'd rather have the rumble feature back. Come on Gelb, even you agree feeling the Engines on your Su-37 in Ace Combat on the controller feels better than a controller that does nothing.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Karasu
... Boss. *broken rib*

Member 5720

Level 20.39

Apr 2006

Old May 17, 2006, 01:13 PM #4 of 3592
Originally Posted by SketchTheArtist
They can't have the rumble feature anymore, since they told the company who already registred the patent to go fuck themselves. So, I'm guessing it's definitive. And it sucks, Force-Feedback is now part of the gaming world and not having it takes down a notch the experience of playing.

Wow that's what happened? Hmmm, lame. Very lame. Like someone said in the above posts, you won't notice it until it's gone. Even if the rumble is used for silly things like RPGs and what not, its still a nice feature. See now i'm getting irritated we can't use dual shock 2 controllers on this machine. Hmm, maybe they'll get a sort of...adapter to those controllers or something, so they can be used on the ps3.

That's what also annoys me with console makers, they consistantly change their controllers so none can work with the newest descendant or the oldest. :/

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Closed Thread

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [PS3] PlayStation 3 Discussion Thread