Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[PS3] PlayStation 3 Discussion Thread
Closed Thread

Meth
I'm not entirely joking.

Member 565

Level 26.04

Mar 2006

Old Mar 26, 2006, 02:14 PM Local time: Mar 26, 2006, 01:14 PM #1 of 3592
I don't understand all the hype about 1080p. Currently there are only a handful of TV's that can display 1080p, and they certainly aren't cheap. I've got one of the most badass tv's in the world and it can't display 1080p.

It won't be until they release those SED tvs that people will really be able to take advantage of PS3 display capabilities.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Meth
I'm not entirely joking.

Member 565

Level 26.04

Mar 2006

Old Mar 26, 2006, 02:59 PM Local time: Mar 26, 2006, 01:59 PM #2 of 3592
Originally Posted by Aardark
Toshiba would like to have a word with you.

What does ''the most badass TV in the world'' mean? Does it make lunch for you or what?

Uh, that tv doesn't display 1080p... it does 1080i. My tv kicks that one's ass all over the place.

behold!

it makes lunch, waffles, orders pizza, is a scanner/fax/copier, and it even tucks you in at night.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Meth
I'm not entirely joking.

Member 565

Level 26.04

Mar 2006

Old Mar 27, 2006, 03:59 AM Local time: Mar 27, 2006, 02:59 AM #3 of 3592
Originally Posted by Mercury
That's a nice TV you got there MetheGelfling.
Thanks man.

www.sega.co.jp, most LCD don't have the contrast ratio seen in a plasma. And you're watching movies using s-video? geeze, your poor eyes. you need to some to my house. see how i roll.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Meth
I'm not entirely joking.

Member 565

Level 26.04

Mar 2006

Old Mar 27, 2006, 02:14 PM Local time: Mar 27, 2006, 01:14 PM #4 of 3592
You don't know anything Terminus. Plasma own's your nuts and you're just sad cause you're broke.

"The lifetime of the latest generation of PDPs is estimated at 60,000 hours to half life when displaying video. Half life is the point where the picture has degraded to half of its original brightness, which is considered the end of the functional life of the display. So if you use it at an average of 2-1/2 hours a day, the PDP will last approximately 65 years."

so even at your 7 hours a day (what a nerd... you really should get out of the basement sometimes) that's still 23 years of playing time before your tv is spent. I'd hope that in 23 years you might be able so aquire another 2k to buy a new tv.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Meth
I'm not entirely joking.

Member 565

Level 26.04

Mar 2006

Old Mar 27, 2006, 06:17 PM Local time: Mar 27, 2006, 05:17 PM #5 of 3592
Originally Posted by Technophile
I'm especially curious to see what Sony's gonna unleash since they stopped making plasmas partly to work on a new type of high-def TV. I think the PS3's lifespan will be long enough to warrant some waiting.

My guess is that it'll be something along the lines of the Canon and Toshiba SED. SED will probably become the next standard in display technology once the price is right. SED stands for Surface-Conduction Electron-Emitter Display and there's a lovely wikipedia article on the subject.

How ya doing, buddy?
Closed Thread

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [PS3] PlayStation 3 Discussion Thread