Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[PS3] PlayStation 3 Discussion Thread
Closed Thread

BurningRanger
...was there

Member 4377

Level 19.38

Mar 2006

Old May 9, 2006, 01:53 AM #1 of 3592
Guys... every single one of you is forgetting a crucial fact.

600 big ones is a lot of money. And this is assuming there's any store on the face of the planet that isn't going to force you to buy their "ZOMG PLAYSTATION 3 COMBO PACKAGE! PS3 + 2 CONTROLLERS + 3 GAMES! ONLY $1000!" Especially between the launch and Xmas. You'll be lucky to find a Playstation 3 by next spring for less than a grand.

1000 big ones is a lot more money. As an example, at 8 bucks an hour, you'd have to work 75 hours... I'd say about 70% of high school/college students are lucky to work maybe 10-15 hours a week. Blowing a month and a half's savings - forgoing such expenses as food and a social life, and in some cases rent - on a PS3 might not be an attractive prospect to these people - bam, there goes at least 50% of your market.

1000 big ones is going to take you forever to save up. And what does it get you? A game console and a movie player, and some controllers. You'll take it home and plug it in and look at the shiny user interface and realize it's not very entertaining because you still have to pay MORE FUCKING MONEY FOR SOME FUCKING GAMES. Which as has already been talked about, will probably cost 60-70 this time around. Unacceptable.

So who's affected by this? Well, unless you are, or have in your household, a 20-something hardcore gamer, you absolutely will not be playing a Playstation 3. Period. Because if you're not a 20-something hardcore gamer, you're one of the following:

A) A child. Children do not have 1000 dollars. A parent is not going to buy a 1000 dollar toy so their five year old can learn to systematically kill. Sorry.

B) A teenager trying to play Grand Theft Auto so he looks cool in his middle school biology class talking about how many chinks he killed in Chinatown last night. His dad still isn't going to buy him a 1000 dollar toy, sorry.

C) The aforementioned high school/college student who will have to work for months to buy their 1000 dollar toy.

D) Over 30. NOT INTERESTED IN KILLZONE.

E) A female. NOT INTERESTED IN MADDEN.

F) A jock. NOT INTERESTED IN METAL GEAR SOMETHING.

Yes, I know there are adults who would like to kill shit, and girls that might like football, and jocks who might want to be an old man smoking a cigar. How many of these exceptions to the rule will be able to justify a $1000 price tag? You tell me.

Yes Cetra, price differences didn't help Nintendo sell well last generation, we know. As mentioned above, DVD helped off set the cost difference. BUT WAIT BLURAY. Let's make this perfectly clear about Blu-ray: absolutely NO ONE gives a fuck about it. I've never heard or seen that word outside of webpages, or Maximum PC magazine. Not a single person I've talked to has ever said "I can't wait to watch some blurays on my new PS3!" Even the ones who can't wait for it.

Also Cetra, the price difference between PS2 and the Cube was never more than 100 dollars at any point in time... if the Wii sells at 200 (which could actually be a maximum price, i don't know if anything official has been said about that) We're talking about a disparity of 200-300 dollars. This is enough to buy a Wii and an X360 (since it's also getting a price drop). That's unacceptable. It won't sell.

Mind you, I wouldn't mind getting a PS3 one day. I'd love to play MGS4. This all angers me because I'll never be able to justify actually buying one.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Last edited by BurningRanger; May 9, 2006 at 01:59 AM.
BurningRanger
...was there

Member 4377

Level 19.38

Mar 2006

Old May 13, 2006, 02:34 AM #2 of 3592
By the way, did anyone else think that guy playing Warhawk with the tilt sensor looked like a total asshat? It's going to be very difficult to get a lot of motion out of the PS3 controller without throwing your entire body weight in a different direction...

There's nowhere I can't reach.
BurningRanger
...was there

Member 4377

Level 19.38

Mar 2006

Old May 22, 2006, 05:32 PM #3 of 3592
Originally Posted by Cetra
This HDMI issue is blow way out of perspective by people that don't even understand what HDMI is.
Good thing that happens to be about 60-70% of the Sony's target market, or else that would be crippling!

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Pokemon Diamond: 1547 1670 1982
Closed Thread

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [PS3] PlayStation 3 Discussion Thread