Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[PS3] PlayStation 3 Discussion Thread
Closed Thread

Rotorblade
Holy Chocobo

Member 22205

Level 32.07

Apr 2007

Old Jul 30, 2007, 01:32 PM Local time: Jul 30, 2007, 11:32 AM #1 of 3592
Quote:
Anything else by them is garbage.
Not to be a fag or anything, but I still think we need to distinguish between publishing and developing.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Rotorblade
Holy Chocobo

Member 22205

Level 32.07

Apr 2007

Old Jul 30, 2007, 01:40 PM Local time: Jul 30, 2007, 11:40 AM #2 of 3592
Gundam Musou and Dynasty Warriors 6 might change a few things. If only because *GASP*, brand new gameplay elements are being introduced (and the idea of mowing down Gundam's with an actual dash is fucking awesome). The only thing I would personally fault them on is the fact that they are so consistently mediocre. Kind of sad, actually.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Rotorblade
Holy Chocobo

Member 22205

Level 32.07

Apr 2007

Old Jul 30, 2007, 02:04 PM Local time: Jul 30, 2007, 12:04 PM 1 #3 of 3592
So what you're saying is that Koei helped develop my good faith just now. GODDAMN YOU, KOEI!

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Rotorblade
Holy Chocobo

Member 22205

Level 32.07

Apr 2007

Old Aug 23, 2007, 01:00 PM Local time: Aug 23, 2007, 11:00 AM #4 of 3592
Hey, that's some funny shit, people. Specifically, don't be so quick to diss. There's something to be said about what Elixir pointed out, even if it was heavy handed and s~snarky. Yes, gaming journalism and exclusivity for the press is what a lot of the common player folk miss out on. That is the point, I'll concede that. With position comes privileges.

However, and Brady brought this up in the Fallout 3 thread I believe, it's becoming more of a trend to keep the reviewers dumb and happy rather than legit and professional...

Hmm, well, not necessarily dumb and happy. But most certainly focused on a few benefits to being privy to review copies. It's more than just snazzy extras, but it plays into it. Now, and I could be wrong, unless that content was going to become available later on, there is something messed up about keeping content like an art book privy to just review copies. Especially when we're trying to expand the game medium so that it will gain the appreciation that some of us feel it deserves.

In spite of being a completely different subject than this thread contains, I think there was some merit in it, just poor choice of words. At that, I can get behind it more than "You owning Ikaruga will devalue my copy of it" (needed reference point).

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Rotorblade
Holy Chocobo

Member 22205

Level 32.07

Apr 2007

Old Aug 23, 2007, 01:14 PM Local time: Aug 23, 2007, 11:14 AM #5 of 3592
Right. Yet, some reviewers/previewers don't quite have the same passion you, allegedly, do. I believe there was some unrelated fiasco regarding some review on the Giraffe X-Box Live game, where the reviewer got caught red handed basically not even playing the game to a level where it could be accurately assessed.

Allegedly.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Closed Thread

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [PS3] PlayStation 3 Discussion Thread