Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[PS3] PlayStation 3 Discussion Thread
Closed Thread

Kuhazan
Chocobo

Member 2170

Level 11.38

Mar 2006

Old Jun 29, 2007, 04:37 PM #1 of 3592
until this PS3 is more reasonable in price and games that are great aren't few and far between... I'm sticking to the less expensive consoles...

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Kuhazan
Chocobo

Member 2170

Level 11.38

Mar 2006

Old Jul 11, 2007, 01:29 AM #2 of 3592
blu-ray will probably just encourage game developers to leave "worthless" content on the disc and not clean up after themselves.... prepare to buy a cheat device to unlock caned content

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Kuhazan
Chocobo

Member 2170

Level 11.38

Mar 2006

Old Jul 13, 2007, 02:37 AM #3 of 3592
One game from a company with a bad programming habit record does this and you expect it to become common practice, wut?

Also slow BR drive? Hope you realize only about 20% of the data on a DVD9 can be read at max speed and for reference roughly only 25% of the data on the Xbox 360 drive can be read faster than the PS3 blu-ray drive can transfer at. When reading the outer edge of the first layer the XBox DVD drive transfers at a lower rate than the PS3 blu-ray drive and the second layer of the DVD-9 just gets worse. The PS3 blu-ray drive transfers data roughly twice as fast as a 12x DVD drive reading from the second layer of a DVD9. Oh and the XBox 360 development standard requires the API data to be present in that first 25% which is generally most of it that space. Actual game data sits on parts of the disc that all read slower than the PS3 Blu-Ray drive does.

Also that Kilzone 2 trailer is impressive. I honestly didn't think they could get it that close to the E3 trailer from last year. This game also has a long way to go in development so further improvements all around should be expected.
Yet neither drive saved us from... the loading tragedy of Sonic the Hedgehog! for fun get the demo of Star Trek Legacy for Xbox 360... it's even worst when it comes to loading...

Most amazing jew boots
Kuhazan
Chocobo

Member 2170

Level 11.38

Mar 2006

Old Jul 14, 2007, 01:43 AM #4 of 3592
Ah don't worry guys. Give them the time they need. In autumn, when the "good" games are coming, you'll see that nobody's gonna talk about the mistakes they made anymore. They just need a good advertising campaign like bundle products (PS3+GTA IV for instance), then they gonna sell their consoles. It was the same with PlayStation 2.
That wouldn't work here... politicians would bitch like always... especially since it's GTA. The games coming this fall won't lead me to pick up a PS3. Maybe in 2 or 3 years I'll get one... and thats a big maybe.

And hearing about how their price drop is just to phase out a 60GB model to introduce another model at the same ridiculous $600 price tag just annoys me at the moment.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Kuhazan
Chocobo

Member 2170

Level 11.38

Mar 2006

Old Jul 14, 2007, 03:29 PM #5 of 3592
well if they're going to keep calling it "next gen gaming" I expect games that couldn't possibly be done on old hardware with less graphical detail... in other words I want fully destructable environments and uh being able to see footprints in the dirt to tell where the enemy was or is :P

Also I expect to see all NPCs have as much lines as they do in Shenmue... and I expect to be able to ask them multiple questions. Stop giving us games that could be done on GC, PS2 or Xbox with fancier graphics.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Closed Thread

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [PS3] PlayStation 3 Discussion Thread