Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[PS3] PlayStation 3 Discussion Thread
Closed Thread

Iwata
Jaysis

Member 205

Level 22.32

Mar 2006

Old Oct 12, 2006, 02:50 PM #1 of 3592
ack. the PS3 oblivion look far worse then the 360 one.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Iwata
Jaysis

Member 205

Level 22.32

Mar 2006

Old Oct 20, 2006, 08:53 PM #2 of 3592
i'm sad that the PS3 won't have any form of achievement points whatsoever. That means that whenever a cross-platform game comes out, the PS3 isn't gonna get any lovin'.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Iwata
Jaysis

Member 205

Level 22.32

Mar 2006

Old Jan 31, 2007, 09:51 PM #3 of 3592
I recently caved in and bought a 60 gig PS3 today and so i was wondering what games should i get besides resistance which i've already picked up. I'm currently updating my system and wondered if any of you frequently play online with the PS3 and is the live system as stable as the 360 or no?

I'm loving the sleek interface but kinda dismayed at how slow it is taking to update. I have my wireless set up on it and so far the update has been updating for the past 10 minutes and is only at 45%. I know it isn't my connection as i get super fast speed on the same wireless on my 360, so is the update itself just huge in size?

Most amazing jew boots
Iwata
Jaysis

Member 205

Level 22.32

Mar 2006

Old Feb 11, 2007, 06:18 PM #4 of 3592
anyone having trouble loggin into PSN network? I can't get my master account to sign in at all, yet i created a sub-account and it logged in fine.

Also i wouldn't trust a OPM UK magazine over say Microsoft who have stated on numerous times that Bioshock is 360 exclusive.

As two months ago, IGN and Gamespot had a PS3 page for Bioshock, but since them both of those pages have dissapeared and on the offical website, it only has the PC and 360 logo. Microsoft is most likely going to throw as much money as they can to keep it exclusive sorta like what they are doing with Dead Rising. Bioshock for PS3 is nothing more then petty speculation.

I personally don't care as i own all 3 systems and am a strong beliver that games play the best on the system they were originally developed on.

How ya doing, buddy?

Last edited by Iwata; Feb 11, 2007 at 06:21 PM.
Iwata
Jaysis

Member 205

Level 22.32

Mar 2006

Old Mar 1, 2007, 01:46 AM #5 of 3592
It sounds like it could be a lot of fun, but the small number of tracks leads me to believe that it wouldn't hold my interest for very long.

What's worse, it looks like Tekken 5: DR has been pushed back to March 8th. Seriously gay.

Also, I've been reading some BS rumors about VF5 receiving an online patch in the future. Where'd that come from?

The same place that BS " bioshock coming to PS3 " rumour came from, most likely.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Iwata
Jaysis

Member 205

Level 22.32

Mar 2006

Old Mar 1, 2007, 03:39 PM #6 of 3592

The Bioshock thing, 2K said that they're going to port the game to the PS3 after the games release on PC & 360. No further details, and it's on 1up and GameSpot sites.
2k never said that, it has always been idle speculation. They even announced that Bioshock will be an exclusive 360 title. I don't know about you, but i generally trust the developers word over say someone who isn't the dev's. A online patch for VF5 will happen before bioshock ever get's ported to the PS3. The PS3 of bioshock was removed from Gamespot, IGN and other gaming sites after the exclusive announcement and the 1up page i wouldn't consider reliable, as they report the game will be 49.99 when it is well-known all 360 games now retail for 59.99. If they can't even report the price correctly, what makes you think they know what they're talking about when they mention what platforms the game will be on.

Bioshock has as much chance to be on the PS3 as MGS4 has on being on the 360, very slim.

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/acti...58961&mode=all

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

Last edited by Iwata; Mar 1, 2007 at 03:48 PM.
Iwata
Jaysis

Member 205

Level 22.32

Mar 2006

Old Mar 1, 2007, 05:37 PM #7 of 3592
Crackdown was 49.99USD, or at least it should have been seeing how it was 59.99CAD.

On the other side, I don't really care if Bioshock comes to PS3 or not for the game doesn't interest. I might rent it for my 360, but other then that it looks too coring and without multiplayer probably won't have much of a replay value. Look at prey which was their last game. Great first time through, then it was an immediate trade-in.
Crackdown went to retail at 59.99, i know i bought the game on launch. most likely the reason you saw it at 59.99 CAD is because the store clerks got confused like most canadians and marked it cheaper then it should have been.

I personally don't care if Bioshock is exclusive or not, as i own all 3 systems. I just loathe any form of idle speculation espically when it comes from fanboys like SOLDIER.

If the SIXAXIS comes out with rumble features, it will be the best controller on the market. The SIXAXIS already is the only redeeming quality i've found abouyt the PS3 since owning my PS3.

FELIPE NO

Last edited by Iwata; Mar 1, 2007 at 05:41 PM.
Iwata
Jaysis

Member 205

Level 22.32

Mar 2006

Old Mar 1, 2007, 05:45 PM #8 of 3592
Uh, posting a source saying that Bioshock might hit the PS3 isn't speculating.

Yep, let's review your original post.

Quote:
Oh, and OPM UK confirmed that Bioshock is coming for the PS3. It was always hinted, but never actually confirmed, so this is certainly good news. I've been very interested in this game since the IGN trailer.
No link or anything. I would call this speculation at it's finest. Hell, their isn't even a such thing as OPM UK in the first place. It was also never hinted by 2k that Bioshock would be on the PS3, it was just a rumour thrown around and eventually some people took it as fact.

Most amazing jew boots
Iwata
Jaysis

Member 205

Level 22.32

Mar 2006

Old Mar 1, 2007, 05:52 PM #9 of 3592
The source was GAF. There wasn't a link available because it was from the magazine. I admit it was presumptious to say "confirmed" as I'm not familiar with that magazine's reliability, but whatever. Stop whining about it.
If it was from a magazine, their would be scans. The scans that were eventually shown, were proved to be false in all accounts. I'm generally easy going when it comes to games and rumours, but i don't like seeing rumours thrown around as truth espically from some fanboy like you.

I'm sure if i went around spouting that FFXIII will be on the 360 because of some shady flippant magazine article, you'd get all defensive and scream foul. Before you post shit, check the sources to make sure they check out in the future, mmkay?

This will save you from being called out in the future for being a dumbass.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Iwata
Jaysis

Member 205

Level 22.32

Mar 2006

Old Mar 1, 2007, 05:55 PM #10 of 3592
Here's what he's reffering to.

http://xs100.xs.to/xs100/06204/Bioshock1-1.jpg

http://xs100.xs.to/xs100/06204/bioshock2-1.jpg

P.S.
Sucks for you Americans cause Crackdown was 59.99 here from WalMart to Futureshop.
I know and those were proven to be doctored scans. If he took the time to verify his sources and doublecheck, he would have known that. I'm not in america, i'm currently living in japan and get my 360 games from the import shop. The retail price according to the distributor of crackdown is 59.99. You, canadians probably just mistook the $ symbol for the CAD symbol and underpriced the games, great for you the consumer, sucks for the retailer.

I'm just awaiting the fallacious rumours that Gears of war is PS3 bound.

Quote:
Nah, I photoshopped those. That's the kind of fanboy that I am.
I wouldn't doubt it espically with your latest journal entrys were you contiounsly try to say ports to the PS3 are far superior then the 360 versions, when you haven't even played the games yet.

Most amazing jew boots

Last edited by Iwata; Mar 1, 2007 at 06:05 PM.
Iwata
Jaysis

Member 205

Level 22.32

Mar 2006

Old May 19, 2007, 11:28 PM #11 of 3592
Today the inevitable happened and i joined the legions of other PS3 owners who got dicked over by sony's BC and no less on one of the hardest PS2 games ever made.

Just beat Kagutsuchi in SMT:Nocturne and as he is dieing the PS3 freezes and so i do a soft reset with the Six axis and go to reload my save only to find it is corrupted and the only recent save that does load is 5 hours prior to where i was. Thanks alot for providing reliable hardware Sony!

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Iwata
Jaysis

Member 205

Level 22.32

Mar 2006

Old Jul 12, 2007, 12:10 AM #12 of 3592
I don't get the whole " OMG killzone 2 ". it looked awesome for the first two minutes, then afterwards it just got really boring and the graphics were great, but nothing groundbreaking. The missile effects also look horrendous.

Also It is cool the PS3 gets UT3 as a timed exclusive, sadly it is most likely only a 2-3 month exclusive deal and i'm sure the 360 version will have things the PS3 won't like connectivity/online play with windows users.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Iwata
Jaysis

Member 205

Level 22.32

Mar 2006

Old Jul 12, 2007, 12:51 AM #13 of 3592

Also I'm sure they're trying to figure out how to get the 30Gig game on a DVD to play on the 360.
Nice way to quote things out of context. The quote your citing goes along as this

Quote:
"Morris: Blue-ray is certainly appealing for guys coming from a hard drive background to have a much larger footprint to store that sort of data, but because we want the game to be the same on all platforms the chances are it'll be the same sort of size that will fit on all of them.

But while we want all of the versions to be the same that's not to say we won't do exclusive patches for each platform and that would enable us to do some pretty spectacular exclusive content.

I can tell you we have 30GB versions here today and we copied two versions to each of those PCs, so by the end of it we had about a terabyte of copies over there. So we've got to get smaller - big is cool, it lets you have more environment diversity and stuff like that but at the same time you have to deal with the actual load times. We don't know the exact number of maps we'll ship with but we want it to be between 30 and 40 - that's substantially more than other games in the genre."
Hence, most likely the UT3 game you buy at the store will be the same on all 3 platforms and that PS3 modded content will be the additional maps and left-out content that will be avaiable for download. Hell, he even stated with the 30-gig version, Load times were outrageous and unacceptable.

Also, Epic never said they were against Windows for live. They basically said they were disappointed with the way microsoft has handled it so far, but are still adamant to support it as long as they allow it to evolve into something that PC and 360 gamers expect it to be and have come to know from past UT experiences. If EPIC were truley pissed off and hated microsoft like you stated, then why is such hot property like Gears of war, 360 exclusive in regards to consoles? It makes no sense of them to do that if they hate microsoft like you're claiming they do.

Lets not forget that the Unreal Engine 3 which UT3 utilizes was written and designed specifically for DirectX 9/10 PCs. EPIC have already stated it is harder to develop for the Unreal engine 3 on the PS3 then it is on the 360 and PC because of this.

I was speaking idiomatically.

Last edited by Iwata; Jul 12, 2007 at 12:58 AM.
Iwata
Jaysis

Member 205

Level 22.32

Mar 2006

Old Jul 12, 2007, 01:04 AM #14 of 3592
“Taking all of these things that everybody has come to expect for free and now yanking them back and trying to sell them isn’t going to fly with the Windows platform—not with Epic and not with the big publishers," -Mark Rein

Sure as hell doesn't sound like they're happy with the service either.
Once again you forget to cite some certain quotes made by people who hold more power in EPIC and that were said in the same interview you are citing, hence this.

Quote:
“We’ll wholeheartedly jump onto Games for Windows [Live] if it evolved into the sort of system that’s compatible with gamers’ expectations on the PC platform,” Sweeney added.
Given that Sweeney holds more power in EPIC, then Reins. I would say his word also holds more clout.

However all of this is beside the point that EPIC is NOT using the PC LIVE service and that PC & 360 players will not be able to play against one another. This is all I was really trying to get accross in the beginning. (however I am aware that I did get a bit sidetracked after the fact)
Do you work for EPIC? if not, please STFU.You were the same dude who adamantly stated the 360 version of VF5 would not include onine play because you know the industry from the inside! But of course, a few months later, you're proven wrong. EPIC has not once ruled out utilizing the cross-platform online found via Live and you don't know if they'll utiliize it or not.

The PS3 version of UT3 is 4 months away and the 360 version is 6-7 months away which in terms of development changes and tweaks, that is ALOT of time.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

Last edited by Iwata; Jul 12, 2007 at 01:10 AM.
Iwata
Jaysis

Member 205

Level 22.32

Mar 2006

Old Jul 12, 2007, 01:46 AM #15 of 3592
Yeah, that's pretty much a freaking joke. Everyone's like OMG EXCLUSIVE but I bet after two or three months, there you go with exclusive. Seriously, Sony has to be aware that too many "non-exclusive" blockbuster games (I am thinking about GTA IV for example) are not really good for their sales figures. Also, they are pissing PS3 owners off, no question about that.
Most of it is Sony's fault. They were offered both Assassin's creed and GTAIV as exclusives if they were willing to fork over some cash for the rights. But Sony basically laughed at em and look how bad it has hurt the PS3 for doing So.

Luckily, this conference was a flashback to the glory days of Sony and it seems they've finally shedded their " holier-then-thou" attitude that has been their undoing the past year and have reverted back to their old kickass self.

Sadly, though the PS3 has the rest of 07 lost to Microsoft and Nintendo. Hopefully though they are planning alot of great stuff for 08, as that is the time frame that is really gonna make or break the PS3. Admittingly, i prefer my 360, but i don't want the PS3 to fail at all as i forked over 600 bucks for one and i don't want it to be a waste of my money.

At least Heavenly Sword comes out soon which IMO was the best game presented at the conference. It looks fantastic.

Most amazing jew boots
Iwata
Jaysis

Member 205

Level 22.32

Mar 2006

Old Jul 12, 2007, 01:50 AM #16 of 3592
I think Mush was referring to games that ya know are going to be released soon and aren't a year or two away from even seeing the light of day. Alot can change within a year or twos time regarding exclusive rights and what not. Also, lets do a little nitpicking.

-Full Auto 2: Battlelines
- Genji: Days of the Blade
- Hot Shots Golf 5
- Ridge Racer 7
-Untold Legends: Dark Kingdom

Not one of those games could be classified as blockbuster hits.

Plus, nice job interjecting games like " God of War 3" and "Jak and Daxter: The Lost Frontier" that haven't even been annouced yet. I mean if wanted to i could come up with a list of 360 exclusives that is twice as big as that list as speculation is always a " vital " tool at gauging the truth.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

Last edited by Iwata; Jul 12, 2007 at 01:55 AM.
Iwata
Jaysis

Member 205

Level 22.32

Mar 2006

Old Jul 26, 2007, 11:16 PM #17 of 3592
I almost wish the dev's didn't release a Heavenly sword demo as it was so underwhelming that i've cancelled my pre-order and instead of it being a must-buy game it is now a wait-till-reviews roll in and maybe i'll buy.

The controls were horribly sluggish and at numerous occasions it was plagued by framerate slowdown. Which is something that shouldn't occur due to the ability to install supposedly " essential " files onto the HDD to alleviate such things according to Sony. Given that the demo was running purely off your HDD, i shutter to think about how bad the framerate slowdown can get when th full game is released. Also before any of you come out with the lame excuse " it's just a demo ". Given that the game is 2 months away from release, the demo is most likely a fine replica of the final build.

The Rope running part was pretty sweet lookin, but they really needed to throw in some variety instead of press left/right and tap X as fast as possible.

The Moveset was pretty fuckin gay except for the counter moves which were downright sweet and jaw-droppingly awesome. Although the awesomeness of these counter moves is somewhat dwindled by the fact that the game for some reason has a random off/on switch for blood that you can't control.

Hit a enemy with your sword and you see some blood gush, do it again, you don't see any and the killer being that you do a counter move on an enemy that culminates in him taking your two swords to the crotch and when his crotch finally has that dreadful meeting with your swords; their is nary a drop of blood in sight. Lame.

Overall, i'm extremely disappointed with the demo.

Most amazing jew boots

Last edited by Iwata; Jul 26, 2007 at 11:19 PM.
Iwata
Jaysis

Member 205

Level 22.32

Mar 2006

Old Jul 28, 2007, 12:20 AM #18 of 3592
I was in for the last week and honestly it's a good game but I'm not sure if I'll buy it. It doesn't offer more then any fps like battlefield :\

I got interested in this game before they announced the drop of the single player and I wish they didn't drop it but the aircraft was the best part of the beta for me and I wish they would have kept the single player around that :\

but it's a very good game for people who like this genre ^^
Firstly, it is not a FPS. Also you seriously enjoyed the Warhawk? I thought it flew horribly and was basically a Airplane that had the controls of the Warthog, only far worse. Imagine Tails and Elliott Mason getting into a catfight while flying a plane and you have an accurate representation of how the Warhawk flys.

I got accepted into the Beta, 3 weeks before it ended and put in a good solid 15 hours into it. It is a fun game for what it is and i'm sure i'll buy a copy if skills and miles also grab a version of it for online awesomeness.

But just coming off the H3 beta which IMO was one of the most polished beta's i've ever played. Warhawk was horribly disappointing and so this really didn't help my preception of the game. You know a game has fundamental design flaws when the majority of players rush to tanks and jeeps and don't even bother with the namesake vehicle; the Warhawk.

Also the game was chalk-full of glitches. Numerous walls and mountains you could walk into like they didn't exist. Vehicles would spawn only to vanish 5 seconds later while your rushing to em. The beta would randomly freeze up and you'd have to reset your PS3. That's just to name a few and their are plenty more, trust me.

Also things like the VC implementation was done horribly as well. They really need to design a headset made specifically for the PS3 as too many jackasses had their Bluetooth headsets set-up and not noticing the volume control was set to the max and so you would hear like 4-6 jackasses breathing heavily the entire match and when they did speak, it sounded like they were speaking through a megaphone. It doesn't help either that the game does a shit job at properly displaying who is speaking, so when you go to mute someone; you don't know who is talking and so the only logical conclusion i could find was to just mute everyone instead of enduring having to manually mute each person one by one and exit the cumbersome menu to see if it was the right person.

Honestly, it is a decent game that will be very enjoyable if we could scrounge up a PSN crew ala the xblive crew and do some online-matches. But given that the entire GFF consists of a few people, most who don't have any interest in online gaming. I doubt this will ever come to fruitation, sadly. As it would be pretty sweet to play with the some of the PSN people.

Also Warhawk has the horrible disadvantage of being released around the same time that many superior online-enabled games are being released ala H3 and so even if i buy Warhawk as do you Skills, i doubt either of us will be putting much time into it when we have far more stable online games to play via the 360 with far more people we consider friends.

As like xbox live; the PSN is also saturated with a bunch of degenerate retards when it comes to online play and it is horrible playing online games with randoms without any incentive to do so ala achievement points.

Additional Spam:
Espcially since the game will be out in a month or 2, the demo that is released would give the impression that THIS is close to the final build. WE know thats not true, but the broad audience dunno what "research" means, and probably will never know and assume this is it.
Love the insinuations on your part. Even if the Demo is not based on the final build and an older one. It is no excuse for the Dev company to release an inferior demo from so many months ago, when the game is dropping in a month and a half; Espically when they have a more superior demo available. Countless of Demos on the 360 have swayed me to buy a game and even the Ninja Gaiden Sigma Demo swayed me to buy the game.

This is not the case with Heavenly sword. It was a game i was psyched for and I finally get ahold of the demo and find it has many many problems in many departments. I was thoroughly bummed.

Also i can guarantee you that the framerate issues that many people are complaining about will still be prevalent in the final build. I talked to my buddy who did get to play the E3 build, after people mentioned the demo was an earlier build and he said the slowdown was still around in the E3 build. I also love that the only people who state they didn't notice the framerate slowdown are confirmed PS3 fanboys; SouthJag and to a lesser extent, SlayerX.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Last edited by Iwata; Jul 28, 2007 at 12:40 AM.
Iwata
Jaysis

Member 205

Level 22.32

Mar 2006

Old Jul 28, 2007, 01:04 AM #19 of 3592
Not trying to go off-topic, but I would like an outside opinion about this.

My friend and I have been arguing about the real stay power for the PS3. What I mean is that PSX was a system that lasted for a while even after PS2 came out and PS2 is the same. It had a crapload of great games that made the PS2 a real great investment (fun-wise) in the long run.

I really think, that Xbox 360 has a solid amount of good games that have lots of replay value, not to mention Xbox Live that expands the amount of content and fun exponentially.

Nintendo's Wii is another console that has a decent amount of fun games that even a hardcore gamer can have fun playing. I mean, I go from playing all the FF games and Tekken games and Resident Evil games on PS, but I enjoy playing Wii sports and Wario Ware and Twilight Princess.

PS3 doesn't look like it has any of either of those things. To me games play like they just took an old idea and put really fancy graphics and physics on it. Don't get me wrong, I love the look of some of the games that PS3 has, but it looks like PS2 rehashed with a Cell processor.
The PS3 has an immense load of great games coming out for it; only problem is that most of these games are a year or two away from being released. Spec-wise, the PS3 and the 360 are equals, both with strengths and weaknesses that are unique to each console. Hell, Ratchet and Clank: ToD is one of my most anticipated games of this year and it is a PS3 game.

The way I see this gen going is

2007: Year of 360
2008: Year of PS3
2009: Year of 360
2010: Year of PS3
2006-2010: Wii, the leader of the 5-10 and +40 demographics

I also only made it 4 years as with the way technology is progessing, i don't see a console having a longer lifespan then 5 years at max, nowadays. I also find the whole PS3 ten year plan to be utter bullshit that won't last.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Last edited by Iwata; Jul 28, 2007 at 01:10 AM.
Iwata
Jaysis

Member 205

Level 22.32

Mar 2006

Old Sep 11, 2007, 11:57 PM #20 of 3592
PS3
"A major feature of the controller is the ability to sense both rotational orientation and translational acceleration along all three dimensional axes, providing a full six degrees of freedom." -Wikipedia

Wii
"The Wii Remote is a controller that uses a combination of accelerometers and infrared detection (from an array of LEDs inside the Sensor Bar) to sense its position in 3D space." -Wikipedia
I don't even know why anyone is willing to argue with you when you basically have commited the biggest cardinal sin when it comes to citing facts.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Closed Thread

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [PS3] PlayStation 3 Discussion Thread