Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[PS3] PlayStation 3 Discussion Thread
Closed Thread

Old Apr 4, 2006, 10:41 PM #1 of 3592
Soldier, drop it. The idea of Linux on a PS3 is just one of those things to show off the adaptability of Linux. They've gotten it to run off of just about anything and it's sometimes a nice way to find holes for pirates to find ways of hacking a system for running pirated games. I believe that's how it happened for Xbox. Anyway that's about it - Linux geeks just having fun getting their OS to run on anything.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

Old Apr 5, 2006, 01:52 AM #2 of 3592
On the topic of Lemmings... why is PSP getting a Lemmings game and the DS is not? That hardly makes sense considering the DS would provide much better control for such a game. And really why do they even think PSP owners would be a good target audience for that kind of a game anyway?

There's nowhere I can't reach.
FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

Old Apr 5, 2006, 02:50 AM #3 of 3592
Lemmings for PSP is just regular Lemmings with prettier graphics controlled with the nub. There might be some way to switch command types with the face buttons to make it easier and probably L and R scroll the map. The only thing PSP has going for it besides fancy graphics and oh god it's a freaking Lemmings game whoopee for graphics is that the PSP has a nice wide screen.

For the DS it would probably be a very simple matter. Top screen would show a zoomed out version of most of the map plus all stats. Bottom screen would have abilities to quickly choose from and maybe number of ability use left and the main screen action. Simply tapping on Lemmings would activate their ability. To move the main screen you could do a couple different things. Hold L or R and then tap the screen and drag to move or tap a button on the screen to zoom out quickly, reposition, and zoom back in or the directional pad or anything else you can come up with. There's a lot that can be done with camera. I think a selection box should be displayed on the zoomed out view on the top screen and you just control where that box goes with the dpad. Anyway Lemmings would work extremely well on the DS. Better than PSP in my opinion.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

Old Apr 5, 2006, 05:01 AM #4 of 3592
Originally Posted by Elixir
y u a haeter? (sic)
Why did you bring that up? I wasn't flaming the PSP; just stating truths. Anyone who's played Lemmings for SNES can tell you that it wasn't as good as Lemmings 2 for SNES. Why? Because Lemmings doesn't work very well with a gamepad. It works best with a mouse, and Lemmings 2 for SNES used the Mario Paint mouse for control. Be it nub or dpad for PSP, the DS' touchscreen wins by default in the case of Lemmings. End of story.

Also, I wouldn't buy a PSP for portable emulation. I enjoy playing emulated games which most of the time are SNES games with an actual SNES controller displayed on my big 24 inch lcd screen or to the television which is even bigger. Besides, I'd have to go through all that firmware bullshit if I bought a PSP now to do that.

a few actual PSP titles, such as DJMAX, Taiko no Tatsujin Portaboloo, Popolocrois and Breath of Fire III which are worth buying
Anyway since you've gotten me in the mood now, let's look at your list of AMAZING PSP titles.

DJMAX probably plays better with a keyboard on a computer like you've shown us in your journal than the clusterfuck of scattered face buttons that just doesn't translate well to me for a game of beatmania.

Portable Taiko? You look me in the face and tell me this is more fun without the actual drums.

I'd rather watch both Popolocrois anime series than play the RPGs but I'm interested in it so-so just on recognition factor alone. I'm sure the DS could more than handle the sprite graphics of Popolocrois. Even the N64 and PSX could pull off the fancy battle effects going on in that game so the DS shouldn't have issues there. The problem the DS might have is with music and fmv but that's nothing some well done compression can't fix. That game would probably do better on a console in any case if it weren't that it already has done well on a console.

Breath of Fire III? I never really played Breath of Fire but if you're a fan of the series then I suppose a remake of a PSX game would be good. Meanwhile I think I'll play Children of Mana whenever that makes it over here.

It's still good for emulation, if you're incapable of enjoying emulated games on a Gamepark, xbox or PC.
If you own a PSP, a large memory stick, and can flash the bios or whatever in order to download and play SNES games on your PSP it's more than likely that you a) own a PC and b) your PC can run SNES games perfectly fine. I've been doing SNES emulation ever since I've had a Pentium II with 80 GB of storage and probably even earlier so don't give me that bullshit. If you can't enjoy it with a keyboard then pluck down 20 bucks for either a USB gamepad or a Super SmartJoy (SNES to USB Adapter) and an SNES controller in the case you're a heathen and don't own one already.

Don't get me wrong. The PSP has enormous potential but so far it's not been used all that much in its game lineup. I only see 4 games for it that might interest me so far. It would take at least 8 must-have PSP exclusive games and a great future lineup AND a price drop to get me to buy a PSP otherwise I'd be wasting my money.

Right now I see the PSP getting bought by three kinds of people.

There are the hip mainstreamers which Sony has hook line and sinker with cool racing games, gang GTA-style games, and various sport titles.

Second are the hardcore Sony fans who are just eating anything they can get which so far I hope is just Lumines, Wipeout, Jak, and maybe GTA and a few others.

And third are the people that I think Sony didn't expect and are eating a large chunk of system purchases. These would be people who use it as a portable media player via the memory stick. The PSP and the video iPod were EVERYWHERE at film festivals like Sundance. They would use them to show people their films, music, or anything else in their portfolios. The PSP is a dream for these guys and I have high respect for the machine in that regard.

Originally Posted by SOLDIER
That's why it's outselling the DS in America, right? Or maybe it's because it's like cheese you can listen to outside.
I believe the above explains that, but I'm pretty sure the DS is selling better worldwide and if not it still has a much better game lineup than PSP.

Also I have to hand it to Sony's marketing team. They really know how to do a good campaign. The squirrels, baseballs, mice, etc. were a really good move. More of that and less of throwing the PSP around to random people acting like it can actually take that sort of abuse.

Nobody said there wouldn't be a DS Lemmings. Not like it's exclusive or anything.
While this is true, my point still stands that it would be a better move to make it for DS. Reason number one is for gameplay and reason number two is money. It would cost MUCH less to make it for DS and you'd have a better audience to sell it to.

Originally Posted by Kensaki
How the fduck did a thread on the discussion about PS3 get turned into a whinefest over lemmings on PSP and started by a mod even. Nice derailing...
Whinefest? =/

I was simply being logical. I wouldn't mind Lemmings being on PSP if it were also on DS. Tons of games are being multiplatformed for both systems. It doesn't make sense for Lemmings to not be on DS while being on a system with inferior control for such a game. That's all.

And if you read the last page or so you'd understand how the conversation drifted to Lemmings on PSP. It started with people talking about Linux on PS3 and how adaptable the OS is and then sega.co.jp came in with the following tidbit:
Quote:
Actually any console you own is not a legitimate (or very adaptable) gaming system until you can play Doom or Lemmings on it (or hack your way into playing it). Which is why Linux and the PS3 is a match made in heaven.
Then he later linked to a wiki which showed how many things Lemmings had been on. When I read that I was rather confused as to why it was not on DS while it was on PSP. Some stupid stuff later and here we are. Was that too hard to follow, Kensaki? There's a big difference between transitioning and derailing. So what was that statement about? Were you legitimately confused or were you member moderating? Dear me, I do hope it wasn't the latter.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

Old Apr 5, 2006, 06:25 AM #5 of 3592
I'm pretty sure downgrading to 1.5 from 2.0(which is the standard, as far as I know) isn't a hassle.
Look I won't lie to you, if I had a PSP and a good size memory stick I'd probably play SNES games on it too but it wouldn't be in my list of reasons to pick up a PSP. I hear that SNES emulation is only so-so anyway.
What about the SNES games which were rereleased for the GBA, or GBA games in general? Don't you play them because of how small the screen is?
I'd rather play the originals unless the new GBA games feature a lot of extras. Yoshi's Island for SNES is better than Yoshi's Island for GBA. The only cool thing the GBA version has over the original is some extra levels. The original is better in every other regard. I don't see the point you're trying to make here.

You seem to have no trouble with the DS' screen size, yet you're picking to pieces the PSP which has a larger screen.
Funny, I don't recall doing that. The PSP's screen is gorgeous. If I remember anything that might have given you that suspicion it might have been that I said that the only thing PSP offers to Lemmings is better graphics and a wider screen than DS. The DS' screens put together add up to something close to the PSP's screen. However they aren't as bright or adjustable as PSP's. That's changed of course with DSlite. I'm happy with both systems screens now, thank you.

='D You definitely don't own a Taiko title. The drum I have(which isn't a fault, it's throughout every single drum) is unresponsive, and you need to smack it quite hard for a response. I mean you actually need to hit it with quite force. I've enjoyed Taiko games on my PS2 with a controller. So yes, Acer, Taiko without drums is fun.
Alright, but my question was whether or not Taiko was better without working functional drums. I've played both Donkey Konga and Donkey Kong Jungle Beat on cube and while they do work with controllers they definitely are not as much fun as using the bongos.

Also, I noticed you mentioned 8 must-have titles. The DS doesn't even have that yet. What's the comparison in there? I can think of Ouendan, Phoenix Wright, Bomberman DS, Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow, Jump! Superstars, Tetris DS, let's say Animal Crossing, Mario Kart DS.
lol what? Are you even kidding me? The DS has too many good games to buy right now. Let me make a stupid list of games I have or am interested in: Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan, Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney, Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow, Jump! Superstars, Animal Crossing: Wild World, Mario Kart DS, Kirby Canvas Curse, Trauma Center: Under the Knife, Feel the Magic: XY/XX, The Rub Rabbits, Sonic Rush, Nintendogs, Metroid Prime Hunters, New Super Mario Bros., The Legend of Zelda: The Phantom Hourglass, Super Princess Peach, Lost in Blue, Children of Mana, Brain Age, Electroplankton, Contact, Ganbare Goemon, Meteos, Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time, Trace Memory, Viewtiful Joe: Double Trouble, Dai Gassou! Band Brothers. That's twenty-seven games right there! I think the DS was well worth it's purchase for the games I have to choose from.
Except that list is invalid because Bomberman DS is a personal favorite of mine
That's retarded. I'm interested in the Katamari game for PSP. Should that be invalid because like Bomberman for you Katamari is a personal favorite of mine too? =/

Besides you have the second Bomberman game for DS to look forward to since it will use the Nintendo Wifi Connection. =)

Jump! Superstars and Ouendan are both imported.
Discount the import titles in my list and we're still talking a lot of great games here.

Not every person is going to want to play the must-have titles; not every person likes what everyone else does. How many people do you think bought a 360 for Oblivion, even though there'll be some who aren't interested in other 360 titles?
Right now I'd buy Oblivion for PC but that's because my PC can handle it. In any case I won't buy a 360 right now for the same reason I didn't buy an Xbox until two years after it was released: too expensive and not enough good games to garner a purchase. The same applies for PSP.

So yeah. I wouldn't say that 8 must-have PSP titles is a requirement, but more an exaggeration.
I'm not buying something at that price that isn't giving me enough games that I want to play, period. Perhaps if I had a lot of money it would be different but I don't so I want my entertainment dollar going places where it will actually useful.
I know you're biased, so I won't continue. I have a DS and no interest in the PSP myself but at least I'll give it the benefit of the doubt.
I see you read very little of my last post. =/

The DS has given me what I want to the extent that it's breaking my wallet and I can't get enough. How is that biased? The PSP offers me a whole lot but not in regards to gaming. I'm sure I'll get a PSP one day when the price has dropped and there plenty of games that I want to be had.

so i herd the ps3 wos gonna play games?
yah i hurd thet too

But yeah, you're entitled to your opinion, as am I, yet I can tell from your words that you're mostly centering on what the DS needs and has, instead of what the PSP already has and could possibly get. Positive before negative, sir.
I’m pretty sure Sony doesn’t put “It emulates all your favorite SNES games for free!” on the feature list. Again, you must have missed my last post. I’ve stated that the PSP has a lot of potential and that its media features have done some great things for people. While that’s great and all it sure as hell isn’t getting me to plunk down $250 for one so what’s your point?

I was speaking idiomatically.
FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

Old Apr 5, 2006, 03:19 PM #6 of 3592
Originally Posted by Taterdemalion
Hey, why was the Lemmings discussion ended? I'm sure it had something to do with PS3.
This late into the game now? Do you actually have something on that subject to discuss or are you member moderating? Either way I'd hoped all that has needed to be said on that subject has been said. =/

I had some questions regarding the features PS3 can implement for PS1/PS2 games.
I'd like to know how the PS3 will read old memory cards for PSX and PS2 games. I certainly wouldn't want to lose all that great data and I certainly don't see any slots on the machine for those cards. Perhaps an adapter that links to the system via USB to transfer memory card data but other than that I can't think of how they're handling that. Does anyone have any information for this?

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

Old Apr 5, 2006, 03:49 PM #7 of 3592
Yeah that's why I stated that at least some way of transferring you PSX and PS2 games to the PS3 must be possible preferably as painlessly as possible.

FELIPE NO
FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

Old Apr 6, 2006, 05:22 AM #8 of 3592
Ok dude. What the hell are you trying to prove?

I don't play PSP games. Why? I don't have a PSP. Why? It's too expensive for the amount of games I'd get out of it. Why? It's $250 and doesn't have enough games I'd like or am interested in YET to warrant a purchase.

Also, I didn't ever derail. I went with the topic at hand at the time. However, when after that topic has passed and you bring this crap up again then yes you are derailing the thread. Now tell me what your fucking point is and what you are trying to accomplish right now or do one of three things: get back to discussing PS3, leave, and if you refuse to do one of those two and are wasting everyone's time with whatever it is you might be proving I will force you to leave this thread.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

Old Apr 6, 2006, 06:56 AM #9 of 3592
And now that you're saying that you didn't derail the thread? Holy fuck, open your eyes.
I said I was talking about the topic on hand. Yeah, that's not derailing a thread. I was connecting dots instead of starting a completely new connect-the-dots puzzle (if you call those things puzzles).

What does this have to do with PS3? This is the PS3 thread, is it not?
The topic at hand was Lemmings. I went with that topic. That's not derailing. Had there been no topic of Lemmings prior and I did that then yes it would be derailing.

Comments like this are clearly biased and off topic, at that. I don't know if there's another term for it, because I'll admit, I'm pretty fucking spot on here.
I was saying what the PSP offers for Lemmings that makes it special for having Lemmings on a handheld device. How is that biased?

I'd like to know just why you're allowed to derail a thread and throw shit around regardling to stuff that isn't even related to the PS3, and then claim that I have no point and that I need to explain myself over yet again because you can't see it.
Again, Lemmings was the topic at hand. Does being a mod perhaps give me more lee-way to being a bad member? Yeah, but I have other staff members that will tell me not to do that and even while I am on staff I am still a member and so I hold myself to the rules as well. So far you still have made no point. You haven't explained anything more than you might have some sort of agenda.

Take it to the FUCKING PSP THREAD. You're meant to be representing Gamingforce here, not degrading it with rubbish like this. You can't seriously begin to think you can member moderate me for something that you did. Throwing your power around only proves how weak your conversation is. Also, I'm entitled to sleep, and I'm entitled to quote you on something whether the conversation has passed or not. Stop making it sound like I've comitted some god awful crime.
Blah blah blah Lemmings topic at the time and then you brought up PSP hating etc.

Hmmm... I suppose you are entitled to sleep. However, I'm not seeing this conversation that has popped up after you were once awake again as more than a question of my authority.

My point has been clearly made. You derailed the thread and defended the DS in a biased, ruined manner in a completely wrong thread. I already said much earlier in this thread that I didn't want to derail this thread by replying to you, but since you managed to get the ball rolling I do suppose there's not much stopping you from continuing.
Okay... let's do a recap.

Quote:
I start with
Originally Posted by Me
On the topic of Lemmings... why is PSP getting a Lemmings game and the DS is not? That hardly makes sense considering the DS would provide much better control for such a game. And really why do they even think PSP owners would be a good target audience for that kind of a game anyway?
To which you reply with
Holy hell, Lemmings for DS is a fantastic thought. Probably thought of before, obviously, but I'm not sure how it would work.

You'd need to have the touchscreen act as a cursor, so the map would be on the bottom screen, and the different selections would probably also be on the bottom screen. So, whatever fits on the top screen, I don't know.

I'd like to know how Lemmings PSP works as well. Gamespot provides useless.
To which I tell you how Lemmings on PSP would work
Originally Posted by Me
Lemmings for PSP is just regular Lemmings with prettier graphics controlled with the nub. There might be some way to switch command types with the face buttons to make it easier and probably L and R scroll the map. The only thing PSP has going for it besides fancy graphics and oh god it's a freaking Lemmings game whoopee for graphics is that the PSP has a nice wide screen.
and then I explain how Lemmings on DS would be better
Originally Posted by Me
For the DS it would probably be a very simple matter. Top screen would show a zoomed out version of most of the map plus all stats. Bottom screen would have abilities to quickly choose from and maybe number of ability use left and the main screen action. Simply tapping on Lemmings would activate their ability. To move the main screen you could do a couple different things. Hold L or R and then tap the screen and drag to move or tap a button on the screen to zoom out quickly, reposition, and zoom back in or the directional pad or anything else you can come up with. There's a lot that can be done with camera. I think a selection box should be displayed on the zoomed out view on the top screen and you just control where that box goes with the dpad. Anyway Lemmings would work extremely well on the DS. Better than PSP in my opinion.
And then you come out of left-field calling me a PSP hater with the following
Okay, listen. I hate the PSP too. But there's no reason to go flying off the hook about how much it sucks - it's stating the obvious. Hell, if companies are stopping UMD movies for it, there's definitely a sign. However, the PSP has advantages over the DS such as emulation which is superior to the GP2X.
Then you go on with some things you like about PSP
Along with a few actual PSP titles, such as DJMAX, Taiko no Tatsujin Portaboloo, Popolocrois and Breath of Fire III which are worth buying, there isn't much else out there. It's still good for emulation, if you're incapable of enjoying emulated games on a Gamepark, xbox or PC.

I don't own a PSP, and I probably wouldn't ever buy a PSP since there's so much fuss over it in regards to dead pixels, but it isn't an outright bad thing to own. I'd like to see how Popolocrois ran on a DS.
And then so I respond by defending myself and tearing your post apart
Originally Posted by me
Amusingly you had already agreed with me with the following in that large post
Originally Posted by me
Why did you bring that up? I wasn't flaming the PSP; just stating truths. Anyone who's played Lemmings for SNES can tell you that it wasn't as good as Lemmings 2 for SNES. Why? Because Lemmings doesn't work very well with a gamepad. It works best with a mouse, and Lemmings 2 for SNES used the Mario Paint mouse for control. Be it nub or dpad for PSP, the DS' touchscreen wins by default in the case of Lemmings. End of story.
With the following before I even came in with talks about Lemmings for PSP
Because it's.. a next generation console and you're playing retro games on it. Lemmings is far, far superior with a mouse, but I won't get into that.
Then you reply to any of my inquiries and make some comments yourself
Most interesting of that is this accusation
Also, I noticed you mentioned 8 must-have titles. The DS doesn't even have that yet. What's the comparison in there?
So I respond with a list of 27 games for DS that I either have or am interested in stomping your accusation into the ground. I also respond to any of the other questions you had and make some comments myself.
Originally Posted by me
Through all this a Kensaki and Taterdemalion made stupid comments about how off the main topic Lemmings for PSP is without adding to either conversations themselves which I took as member moderation to which I asked them to quit. They didn't take that any further so I figured they must have caught my drift.

Meanwhile, you however don't which brings us up-to-date.
So you see you, Elixir, are the one that "managed to get the ball rolling" as you so lovingly put it so I'll ask you the same things as I did Kensaki and depending on how you react I will in kind either let you stay in this thread or ban you from it or worse. You have tried my patience so here come those series of questions, Elixir, rewritten a bit to suit you in slighted context. Ahem...

Was that all too hard to follow, Elixir? There's a big difference between transitioning and derailing. So what was that all about? Were you legitimately confused or were you member moderating? Dear me, I do hope it wasn't the latter.

Edit: I know a maturity call is an act of elitism, but ::unsubscribes from thread::
This actually might save your ass.

FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

Old May 8, 2006, 06:13 PM #10 of 3592
Yeah, I'm only getting the best buy commercial too. Shouldn't we get a waiting screen like we did last year?

FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

Old May 8, 2006, 06:31 PM #11 of 3592
Okay music just started playing for the Sony conference stream.

FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

Old May 8, 2006, 06:42 PM #12 of 3592
lol Brass Monkey.

There's a 700k stream? Mine is 300k and sound is coming out of both speakers.

FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

Old May 8, 2006, 06:53 PM #13 of 3592
SONY PRESS CONFERENCE THREAD

Originally Posted by El Ray Fernando
I think we should of had a seperate Sony E3 thread for the duration of the conference which could be deleted after the conference ended how about it Acer??
Okay, sure. We don't need to delete the thread but yeah I'll make a seperate thread to reduce clutter from this thread.

GO HERE TO TALK ABOUT THE SONY PRESS CONFERENCE

FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

Old May 9, 2006, 04:25 AM #14 of 3592
Originally Posted by smellson
Hey all, I'm just curious... why are there only 4 lights on the controller? Didn't they say it would support up to 7 controllers?
Shhhh... it was supposed to support 2 HDTV screens at the same time too and have 3 ethernet ports. Shhhhh...

Originally Posted by Mobius One
and now that the controller 1-ups Wii's, it may be my only next gen console.
Okay it may become your only next gen console. I'm not going to contest that, but it doesn't one up Wii's controller if you're referring to 3D movement. Please visit the following link and enlighten yourself.

http://revolution.ign.com/articles/705/705870p1.html

FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

Old May 9, 2006, 03:49 PM #15 of 3592
Originally Posted by evilboris
OK then, we will use the 3DO instead from now on just for you.
heh PS3DO

How ya doing, buddy?
FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

Old May 10, 2006, 03:21 AM #16 of 3592
RR, because that's what happens around E3. Especially when it's so easy to do after such a bad Press Conference as Sony's. This is probably the most active time of year for the gaming forums. You should expect this by now.

FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

Old May 10, 2006, 09:13 PM #17 of 3592
Eh, it isn't as bad as it could be, RR. I'd say we're being fairly civil for the most part.

FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

Old May 12, 2006, 07:02 PM #18 of 3592
Well I'm glad that you can at least upgrade the HDD in the future. The lack of wifi is pretty funny though. For that model it'll be exactly like cube-to-GBA connectivity because of the need for a USB cable.

I also find it funny that Sony expects people to rebuy their PS3 again for an updated model with two HDMI's later in the console's life. Better be at least 300 bucks by then, bitches.

FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

Old May 13, 2006, 05:40 AM #19 of 3592
Originally Posted by INDIGO-1
Where did you hear that?
http://www.beyond3d.com/forum/showthread.php?t=30746
Quote:
The current PS3 can't output different pictures through HDMI and AV-multi. There may be a PS3 with 2 HDMIs in future

FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

Old May 13, 2006, 12:13 PM #20 of 3592
True. True enough. The idea of two HDMI outputs is ridiculous anyway and everyone scoffed at it last year.

FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

Old May 13, 2006, 08:17 PM #21 of 3592
Noone needs that much screen information. Seriously, that's insane.

It's not a feauture that would have enough user support to be granted. HDTVs are pretty fucking big. And then to have two of them in your entertainment room? WHY?!!?!? True, consumers have never had a reason before, but what a space waister when not in use. Way to wave your cock around more than necessary.

"Hey Jeff, why the hell you got two HDTVs next to each other? Which one we gonna watch Lost on?"
"The left one. And I have two HDTVs for three PS3 games that support dual HDMI output!"
"Well golly, what do you do with the second one when you aren't playing those PS3 games?"
"Nothing it just sits there."
"That seems like such a waste. You sure it just sits there?"
"Yeah, it just sits there collecting dust most of the time."

FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

Old May 15, 2006, 03:41 PM #22 of 3592
That or they have some sort of USB attachment for two PSX/PS2 memory card ports and those come with the $600 system and you have to buy them separatly for the $500 system.

FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

Old Jun 14, 2006, 03:03 PM #23 of 3592
lol yeah it was, you douche. That website is like 4 years old. It was great back then and it's still great now.

Every next generation system should come with rubber ducky technology.

FELIPE NO
FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

Old Jul 6, 2006, 01:35 PM #24 of 3592
What's this PooS business I keep hearing about? =o

http://www.kotaku.com/gaming/p-oo-s/...oos-184547.php

FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

Old Sep 8, 2006, 10:07 PM #25 of 3592
I enjoy how IGN skillfully placed their logo smack dab in the middle of the fucking picture. Not like anyone is going to be using that other than to look at but still I fucking hate publications that use giant logos on images.

FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

Closed Thread

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [PS3] PlayStation 3 Discussion Thread