Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[PS3] PlayStation 3 Discussion Thread
Closed Thread

Ashram
Syklis Green

Member 1056

Level 7.28

Mar 2006

Old May 11, 2006, 04:07 AM Local time: May 11, 2006, 10:07 AM #1 of 3592
Wel, I for one don't care about the PS3's pricetag. Sure, I agree that is is a little steep for casual gamers, but let's look at it from Sony's point of view. PlayStation is not their only thing they want to bring to the market, they are also a company who produce other electronic stuff and Blu-Ray happens to be one major thing for them right now. It's only natural they would want to include it in the PS3 so they can reach a lot of consumers right from the get go.

Also, when Microsoft rolls out it's HD-DVD add-on, it would be about $200. When buying a 360 with identical features as PS3 would yield about the same pricepoint. But MS isn't a manufactor of other hardware, they come from the software side so they can afford to bring an add-on because they don't have to rely on HD-DVD. The difference is that Sony isn't promoting the PS3 as just a gaming console like MS tries to position itself right now. They claim PS3 is more than that. Wether you agree with that is another thing because it depends on wether you are just a gamer or are someone who also loves seeing movies at home in the best possible manner.

One other thing: why is it that people slash at Sony for releasing a $500-$600 product with a lot of features, when they are happily buying their iPods for $300 a piece? A little gimmick with only the ability to play music?

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Ashram
Syklis Green

Member 1056

Level 7.28

Mar 2006

Old May 11, 2006, 02:03 PM Local time: May 11, 2006, 08:03 PM #2 of 3592
Originally Posted by Devo
He's not talking about the ignorance of the usual consumer. He's actually comparing the two in monetary value, which doesn't make much sense considering the iPod is a portable device intended to store a large memory capacity in a small frame and the PS3 is a console device meant to stay in place.
Maybe my post seems like I'm only comparing the devices in monatary value, but the idea was like Cetra said. An iPod is, as said, only an mp3-player. Only recently is it possible to play movies and watch pictures on it. Still, I find $300 for an electronic product that can only do those things damn expensive. Hell, a PSP is comparitavly priced and you can even play games on it (although it doesn't have a harddisk so it's a tradeoff). Yes it is portable but like Cetra said: there are a lot of other players that are cheaper and offer the same functionality, allthought I agree technically iPod is one of the best on the market.

I think the best thing I can say is this: I find $600 for a PS3 a lot more value for my money than $300 for an iPod.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Ashram
Syklis Green

Member 1056

Level 7.28

Mar 2006

Old May 11, 2006, 05:29 PM Local time: May 11, 2006, 11:29 PM #3 of 3592
Originally Posted by NERD-1
Are all of you people actually planning on buying a PS3 at launch? Especially after the problems that Sony's supposedly had with their first generation products?

Or are you just really arguing for the sake of arguing.
No, not at lauch, although I would if I had the money. But that goes to Final Fantasy XII, VP2: Silmeria, Tales of the Abyss and Dirge of Cerberus which all come out around the time the PS3 launches.

Seriously, could fall be any better?

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Closed Thread

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [PS3] PlayStation 3 Discussion Thread