Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[PS3] PlayStation 3 Discussion Thread
Closed Thread

Tails
MY STICK

Member 104

Level 55.36

Mar 2006

Old May 16, 2006, 08:10 PM #1 of 3592
Dunno if this has been posted as another article or not, but it's dated today soo~

Quote:
Speaking to GamesIndustry.biz, Sony has dismissed rumours that the 20GB PS3 will not be compatible with wireless controllers, and that consumers will not have the option to upgrade the hard drive.

"Both queries to my knowledge are completely false," a spokesperson told GI.biz.

"Both configurations will support bluetooth PS3 controllers. The only non-upgradeable feature of the 20GB configuration will be the HDMI output."

This confirms comments made by Sony's Phil Harrison in a recent interview with GI.biz, where he stated: "You can upgrade to whatever size of drive you like. You can put in any drive that you like - it is a computer, after all."

The spokesperson went on to reveal that Sony plans to release a Wi-Fi adaptor for the 20GB PlayStation 3. Consumers will also have the option to purchase a separate adaptor that will allow the use of memory sticks, SD cards and compact flash cards with the machine.

However, there's still no word as to whether the 20GB PlayStation 3 will make it to the UK at all.
Link.

Sounds good to me.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

#654: Braixen
Tails
MY STICK

Member 104

Level 55.36

Mar 2006

Old May 16, 2006, 10:50 PM #2 of 3592
Originally Posted by SCHNEE-1
To be honest...I dont see the reason in needing a wireless controller. I would have much rather had a rumble feature instead of wireless. I think wireless stuff should be for the people like Logitech and Mad Catz [lmao, they even around still?] to make those accessories, not the major companies such as Sony or Nintendo. It's just silly to me.

I actually like the idea of wireless controllers. I got a chance to try out some on an Xbox 360 the other day and it's just nice to be able to take/move the thing anywhere and not have to worry about cords. That's definetly a smart move on the part of next-gen sytems, incorporating that as a default.

As for the rumble/shock feature, Sony would just get sued again if they did use it.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Tails
MY STICK

Member 104

Level 55.36

Mar 2006

Old May 17, 2006, 11:31 PM #3 of 3592
Originally Posted by SCHNEE-1
Bah, i'd rather have the rumble feature back. Come on Gelb, even you agree feeling the Engines on your Su-37 in Ace Combat on the controller feels better than a controller that does nothing.
Well, I play Ace Combat with a Hori Flightstick 2, and as far as I know the crap Sony got sued over for using force feedback/vibration doesn't apply to them, so I won't be missing out on anything, really. So long as Hori makes a stick for the next Ace Combat or the current one is compatible with it I'm set.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Tails
MY STICK

Member 104

Level 55.36

Mar 2006

Old May 17, 2006, 11:59 PM #4 of 3592
Protip: It cost money to run servers. I'd rather pay and get something top of the line like XBL than have something that was free and sketchy (See: SegaNET).

If Sony is really going to go with their service being free, I sure hope they put the kinda effort into their network that MS did, otherwise I'll be dissapointed, and I don't even OWN a 360 yet. I've just seen it in action and know that it rocks.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

Closed Thread

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [PS3] PlayStation 3 Discussion Thread