Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

.Hack//Roots

soulsteelgray
And now for something new

Member 451

Level 18.41

Mar 2006

Old Jul 1, 2006, 10:04 AM Local time: Jul 1, 2006, 09:04 AM #101 of 140
Originally Posted by Tritoch
Spoiler:
The question is if Shino and Atori (in the game) are the same people or just copy character models like with Blackrose and Mimiru. One of the chains at the cathedral altar rusted after Shino was sliced, and those 8 chains represented each of the 8 Waves before, so that sorta hints that they're the same person.
Spoiler:
I can confirm without a doubt that Shino and Atoli are two different people. It's kind of hard to play a game as a different character when you're in a coma.

I was speaking idiomatically.
The Plane Is A Tiger
Time Traveling Consequences

Member 125

Level 45.61

Mar 2006

Old Jul 1, 2006, 10:10 AM #102 of 140
Originally Posted by soulsteelgray
Spoiler:
I can confirm without a doubt that Shino and Atoli are two different people. It's kind of hard to play a game as a different character when you're in a coma.
Spoiler:
Oh, okay. I've tried my hardest to avoid G.U. spoilers past the trailers and basic info, and last I heard about Shino/Atoli was something about Tri-Edge data draining her but she still played as an ally to Tri-Edge. It would have fit with the Mirage of Deceit title, but it didn't make a whole lot of sense otherwise.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Xellos
Loyal Einherjar

Member 2068

Level 20.25

Mar 2006

Old Jul 2, 2006, 11:21 AM #103 of 140
Hey guys, question, what's the best fansub group that does this anime? I've seen a couple of episodes, but most groups don't seem to be at episode 13 yet.

How ya doing, buddy?

Soldier: Prepare yourself, rebel scum!!

Arngrim : (These slipshod soldiers think they can call me "rebel scum"?)
soulsteelgray

Member 451

Level 18.41

Mar 2006

Old Jul 2, 2006, 04:52 PM Local time: Jul 2, 2006, 03:52 PM #104 of 140
I've been following nothing but za-warudo's subs this whole time because they were the first ones on the scene with the HD subs and I hate switching groups in the middle of a series unless absolutely necessary. They've had some translation problems ("Key of Twilight"? How can you miss the "the"?) but they seem to be fairly accurate. (They also get a plus for knowing that it's "@Home.")

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
The Plane Is A Tiger

Member 125

Level 45.61

Mar 2006

Old Jul 3, 2006, 04:12 PM #105 of 140
Za-Warudo's subs seem to be the best so far. I've downloaded mostly LuPerry's subs, but that's only because they seem to be first most weeks. LuPerry's subs tend to have a lot of grammatical mistakes and sometimes my WMP refuses to play their releases.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Demon Arashi
O.A.D

Member 8643

Level 4.31

Jun 2006

Old Jul 3, 2006, 10:38 PM #106 of 140
I miss having some form of tv signal so I could watch .HACK

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Internet: for the win!
Daggertail
Larry Oji, Super Moderator, Judge, "Dirge for the Follin" Project Director, VG Frequency Creator

Member 9389

Level 1.21

Jul 2006

Old Jul 6, 2006, 11:26 AM Local time: Jul 6, 2006, 04:26 PM #107 of 140
Someone know?

Does somebody know what is the name of the song that is playing in episode 11 when the cat talks to guy with glasses?

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
soulsteelgray

Member 451

Level 18.41

Mar 2006

Old Jul 6, 2006, 03:25 PM Local time: Jul 6, 2006, 02:25 PM #108 of 140
Originally Posted by Daggertail
Does somebody know what is the name of the song that is playing in episode 11 when the cat talks to guy with glasses?
You mean at the end of the episode with Tabby and Sakisaka? It's track 16 off of the OST, dwindled bible.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Demon Arashi
O.A.D

Member 8643

Level 4.31

Jun 2006

Old Jul 6, 2006, 08:05 PM #109 of 140
Dangz, I wanna get the OSTs of every .HACK show...And the game and OVA OSTs as well

Most amazing jew boots

Internet: for the win!
Daggertail
Larry Oji, Super Moderator, Judge, "Dirge for the Follin" Project Director, VG Frequency Creator

Member 9389

Level 1.21

Jul 2006

Old Jul 7, 2006, 12:29 PM Local time: Jul 7, 2006, 05:29 PM #110 of 140
What about in .hack//LIMINALITY when Minase founds out who the guy is.in episode 1.

Most amazing jew boots
soulsteelgray

Member 451

Level 18.41

Mar 2006

Old Jul 7, 2006, 12:39 PM Local time: Jul 7, 2006, 11:39 AM #111 of 140
What about in .hack//LIMINALITY when Minase founds out who the guy is.in episode 1.
It sounds to me like it might be liminality #full version. I'm not exactly sure. It's not liminality #1, I can tell that much. Ah, why not just download liminality #1, liminality #2, liminality #3, and liminality #full version? I just can't tell which version it is.

FELIPE NO
Daggertail

Member 9389

Level 1.21

Jul 2006

Old Jul 7, 2006, 12:59 PM Local time: Jul 7, 2006, 05:59 PM #112 of 140
Why so many liminality versions?

soulsteelgray

Member 451

Level 18.41

Mar 2006

Old Jul 7, 2006, 03:39 PM Local time: Jul 7, 2006, 02:39 PM #113 of 140
Why so many liminality versions?
They all have different arrangements, that's all. It's like each version is for a particular "mood."

Keym
Syklis Green

Member 2135

Level 7.28

Mar 2006

Old Jul 8, 2006, 10:57 PM Local time: Jul 9, 2006, 12:57 AM #114 of 140
Episode 14 is out. Lazy bastards didn't change the opening, unsurprisingly.

Summonmaster
The best exploding rabbit user there is.

Member 695

Level 43.57

Mar 2006

Old Jul 8, 2006, 11:03 PM #115 of 140
How about the song where the girl is singing (sounds like more ALI project vocals). The catch is it wasn't God Diva, National Catharsis, or Silly Go Round. It played during the big group battle at the Lost Grounds one time, and maybe one time apart from that. I don't recall hearing it on the OST, but then again I haven't listened to much other than "friendly like in a childhood".

soulsteelgray

Member 451

Level 18.41

Mar 2006

Old Jul 9, 2006, 12:47 AM Local time: Jul 8, 2006, 11:47 PM #116 of 140
Originally Posted by Summonmaster
How about the song where the girl is singing (sounds like more ALI project vocals). The catch is it wasn't God Diva, National Catharsis, or Silly Go Round. It played during the big group battle at the Lost Grounds one time, and maybe one time apart from that. I don't recall hearing it on the OST, but then again I haven't listened to much other than "friendly like in a childhood".
Perhaps it was Suigetsu Kyouka? It was released as a B-side on the Boukoku Kakusei Catharsis single.

EDIT: Scratch that. Suigetsu Kyouka is definitely not a fight-y song. The only songs on the OST that have lyrics by ALI PROJECT that haven't been mentioned already are In The World, Hakua Byoutou, and Junkyousha no Yubi.

Last edited by soulsteelgray; Jul 9, 2006 at 01:13 AM.
Daggertail

Member 9389

Level 1.21

Jul 2006

Old Jul 9, 2006, 05:10 AM Local time: Jul 9, 2006, 10:10 AM #117 of 140
By the way does someone know the osts will be released in europe?
Especialy in finland?

soulsteelgray

Member 451

Level 18.41

Mar 2006

Old Jul 9, 2006, 02:26 PM Local time: Jul 9, 2006, 01:26 PM #118 of 140
Episode 14:
Pai and Yata interest me. They interest me a lot. And how about that new character that Pai's interacting with? I wonder who it is. My initial impression was that it was Tawaraya, but eh.

And finally, after 13 episodes, Tri-Edge's name is said. What bugs me is where the name came from. It just seemed to come out of nowhere. I'm just going to assume that Haseo read the name on the BBS and that's why he didn't ask Phyllo who Tri-Edge was.

And how about episode 15? Kuhn appears. They might as well show Endrance, Sakubo, and Atoli while the series is at it.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Keym
Syklis Green

Member 2135

Level 7.28

Mar 2006

Old Jul 9, 2006, 05:16 PM Local time: Jul 9, 2006, 07:16 PM #119 of 140
Episode 14:
And finally, after 13 episodes, Tri-Edge's name is said. What bugs me is where the name came from. It just seemed to come out of nowhere. I'm just going to assume that Haseo read the name on the BBS and that's why he didn't ask Phyllo who Tri-Edge was.
Spoiler:
Yeah, they pretty much said the rumor was already on the BBS. And I suppose he was named after his three-slices mark he leaves behind.

That new character: Subaru/Tsukasa? She made the same "hi" hand gesture as they did when they met each other offline. Either way, it could be some old character, seeing as how she was talking about what the old version was like.

How ya doing, buddy?
soulsteelgray

Member 451

Level 18.41

Mar 2006

Old Jul 9, 2006, 05:24 PM Local time: Jul 9, 2006, 04:24 PM #120 of 140
Originally Posted by Keym
Spoiler:
That new character: Subaru/Tsukasa? She made the same "hi" hand gesture as they did when they met each other offline. Either way, it could be some old character, seeing as how she was talking about what the old version was like.
Spoiler:
Saburou (三郎) doesn't connect to either Subaru (昴) or Tsukasa (司). I also don't see how An and Mariko could have some sort of connection to Pai's player, especially when you take into account Pai's motivation.

Keym
Syklis Green

Member 2135

Level 7.28

Mar 2006

Old Jul 9, 2006, 08:25 PM Local time: Jul 9, 2006, 10:25 PM #121 of 140
Spoiler:
Saburou (三郎) doesn't connect to either Subaru (昴) or Tsukasa (司). I also don't see how An and Mariko could have some sort of connection to Pai's player, especially when you take into account Pai's motivation.
Spoiler:
No, I'm not talking about the name. I know it's not the same. Doesn't matter. I only meant the way she greeted Pai. You can't tell me they didn't show that on purpose.

The Plane Is A Tiger

Member 125

Level 45.61

Mar 2006

Old Jul 9, 2006, 08:34 PM #122 of 140
Spoiler:
No, I'm not talking about the name. I know it's not the same. Doesn't matter. I only meant the way she greeted Pai. You can't tell me they didn't show that on purpose.
Spoiler:
I thought the same thing. Her name immediately caught my attention, and it would certainly be interesting for an old character to make a return in Roots. Sadly, it's probably just one of the TaN guys since he/she had to borrow a character body and the leader of TaN was in league with Pai and Yata already.

soulsteelgray

Member 451

Level 18.41

Mar 2006

Old Jul 9, 2006, 08:37 PM Local time: Jul 9, 2006, 07:37 PM #123 of 140
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
I think it was just coincidence. I mean, holding up a hand is holding up a hand.

soulsteelgray

Member 451

Level 18.41

Mar 2006

Old Jul 16, 2006, 12:53 PM Local time: Jul 16, 2006, 11:53 AM #124 of 140
Episode 15:
You know, I like this episode for two reasons:

1. Kuhn is in it, even if his role is slightly pointless
2. Haseo is not in it

It's great to take a break from Haseo being emo. Honestly, sometimes I can't stand him.

The entire episode seemed like a filler episode. I'm not entirely sure why they didn't just slap in a recap episode and leave it at that. Maybe they thought that Tabby needed some more character development.

As mentioned above, Kuhn didn't really do anything. He was just kind of there as fanservice.

Episode 16 appears to get back in the swing of things with more emo!Haseo and investigating by Pai and Yata.

The Plane Is A Tiger

Member 125

Level 45.61

Mar 2006

Old Jul 16, 2006, 04:03 PM #125 of 140
There was one thing that I really liked about this episode, despite it being total filler.
Spoiler:
Phyllo making fun of the main characters to Kuhn, particularly Haseo, for always being emo and standing around doing nothing once something happens to them. That was just great, and makes me like Phyllo a lot more than I did before.

At least Tabby is becoming more and more bearable too. She's gone from the annoying bimbo who you want to thwack every time she opens her mouth to a decent character.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > .Hack//Roots