Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

.Hack//Roots

Keym
Syklis Green

Member 2135

Level 7.28

Mar 2006

Old May 16, 2006, 05:12 PM Local time: May 16, 2006, 07:12 PM #76 of 140
Originally Posted by SILBER-1
and at the end they were charging towards each other and yelling for a very long time for such a short distance.
That part was hilarious.

It's almost like the show is one big excuse to show off how pretty their backgrounds can be along with the awesome soundtrack. Wish they would make it a series with less episodes so it doesn't go as slow as it's been. =\

On the other hand, we had the first sign of THE COMING OF TRI-EDGE. It was badass. I hope Tri-Edge is badass anyway.

Originally Posted by Yume
While not many people agree on the subject that Tabby is a worth while character, I reckon Tabby will play an important role later on in the series.
I bet everything I have that she'll be one of Tri-Edge's victims along with her "master" since they don't show up in the game (as far as I know).

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

Last edited by Keym; May 16, 2006 at 05:15 PM.
Ovain
Deathwalker

Member 1197

Level 1.34

Mar 2006

Old May 18, 2006, 09:54 AM #77 of 140
wait a minute..... why does Tri-Edge look like Kite or Shugo?.... is it like a remnace of them?.....

I was speaking idiomatically.
Had paradise and trashed it all, cast out from heaven, now you fall.
soulsteelgray
And now for something new

Member 451

Level 18.41

Mar 2006

Old May 18, 2006, 05:01 PM Local time: May 18, 2006, 04:01 PM #78 of 140
Originally Posted by Ovain
wait a minute..... why does Tri-Edge look like Kite or Shugo?.... is it like a remnace of them?.....
No idea, but according to chapter 2 of .hack//G.U.+, Tri-Edge is an AIDA (Artificial Intelligent Data Anomaly), which is "an illegal entity that violates the system rules."

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
The Plane Is A Tiger
Time Traveling Consequences

Member 125

Level 45.61

Mar 2006

Old May 18, 2006, 05:10 PM #79 of 140
Is the manga seperate, a retelling of Roots, or a retelling of the new game? I've heard all of those from different sources so far.

FELIPE NO
soulsteelgray

Member 451

Level 18.41

Mar 2006

Old May 18, 2006, 05:38 PM Local time: May 18, 2006, 04:38 PM #80 of 140
Originally Posted by SILBER-1
Is the manga seperate, a retelling of Roots, or a retelling of the new game? I've heard all of those from different sources so far.
It's an adaptation of the games. Exactly how far it plans to go with the story remains to be seen; despite the fact that Vol.1 Rebirth is out in Japan now, there's been very little information on it on the interenet.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
soulsteelgray

Member 451

Level 18.41

Mar 2006

Old May 24, 2006, 04:39 PM Local time: May 24, 2006, 03:39 PM #81 of 140
Episode 7 was not nearly as boring as episode 6, but there were still some pointless moments in the episode (Haseo staring at that gigantic floating statue forever is not exciting).

Tri-Edge, however, does seem to be making his mark in The World R:2, so things are finally looking up for the series.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
soulsteelgray

Member 451

Level 18.41

Mar 2006

Old Jun 5, 2006, 07:52 PM Local time: Jun 5, 2006, 06:52 PM #82 of 140
I'm probably beating a dead horse here, but on with the show!

Episode 9:
Okay, the first thing the episode does is show us Tri-Edge "materializing" in a Lost Ground. That looks promising, but then everything's forgotten in favor of the whole Virus Cores + Lost Ground = ZOMG THE KEY OF THE TWILIGHT ordeal. The episode actually makes up for some of the lack of viable substance in earlier episodes with its inclusion of action (gasp!) and the promise of plot advancement.

TaN's really starting to get on my nerves. What the hell is up with Naobi and will Tawaraya stop being so annoying? Don't get me started on Ender. She's just plain annoying.

I'm not quite sure where the rest of the series is heading if they're "so close to the Key of the Twilight." Are we going to see Shino do her color switch soon? Is she going to be attacked by Tri-Edge?

Eh, I wouldn't be too upset if .hack//Roots turns out to be only thirteen episodes long.

How ya doing, buddy?
Foshi
Laugh and Grow Fat

Member 3194

Level 13.18

Mar 2006

Old Jun 5, 2006, 08:30 PM Local time: Jun 5, 2006, 08:30 PM #83 of 140
I really don't know why i'm still watching this series. So many reasons not too; boring episodes with little story advancement, no action, weak characters, story i've heard a million times before. I've yet to watch episode 9, but if it is still boring and it ends without anything really happening i'm going to stop watching this series. Time is precious to me and this series just seems to be wasting it.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
soulsteelgray

Member 451

Level 18.41

Mar 2006

Old Jun 5, 2006, 09:32 PM Local time: Jun 5, 2006, 08:32 PM #84 of 140
Originally Posted by Foshi
I really don't know why i'm still watching this series. So many reasons not too; boring episodes with little story advancement, no action, weak characters, story i've heard a million times before. I've yet to watch episode 9, but if it is still boring and it ends without anything really happening i'm going to stop watching this series. Time is precious to me and this series just seems to be wasting it.
My only drive to finish the series at the moment is the desire to know the events that lead up to volume 1 of the G.U. games. Otherwise, it's a piss-poor series that's got a flawed plot structure and a slowly agitating soundtrack.

Most amazing jew boots
Summonmaster
The best exploding rabbit user there is.

Member 695

Level 43.57

Mar 2006

Old Jun 5, 2006, 10:39 PM #85 of 140
Yeah, I'm just watching it now so that I'll have knowledge if anyone brings it up in a discussion. They really are moving at a snail's pace.

Too much scenes like:
-cut to <insert random main character here> stares off into space, attempting some kind of vague symbolism
-drawn out discussion between <TaN member> and <Twilight Brigade member>
and my favourite overused scene:
Spoiler:
-Ender trying to kill/stalking <Twilight Brigade member/Haseo>

I get that Ovan is mysterious already.
I get that Haseo is emo already.
I get that Ender is a sadistic bitch already.
I get that Tabby is the standard annoying-as-hell cat girl.
I get that Sakisata's the "cool, I don't care" guy.
I get that Shino's the mysterious girl.

We just see these character's roles over and over again as they're forced upon us. Nine episodes, and they're still searching!

Keym
Syklis Green

Member 2135

Level 7.28

Mar 2006

Old Jun 6, 2006, 12:33 AM Local time: Jun 6, 2006, 02:33 AM #86 of 140
Come on! You can't deny Tri-Edge doesn't look cool in those 0.5 seconds he's shown in each episode! Totally worth watching for, right? Right?

Bets 0.5 seconds ever, by the way.

soulsteelgray

Member 451

Level 18.41

Mar 2006

Old Jun 17, 2006, 02:20 PM Local time: Jun 17, 2006, 01:20 PM #87 of 140
Wow. Something actually happened.

Episode 10:
People who are not very receptive to lengthy scenes with lots of explanatory dialogue probably won't like this episode very much, but I found it to be especially intriguing. Ovan didn't find the Key of the Twilight after all, but now I'm curious as to TaN's whole little deal with the sys admins.

Ovan's peculiarites shouldn't come as a surprise to those who know about what goes on in the games, but all the same, what happened to the player? Shino said she couldn't get in touch with him, but does she live close enough to him to visit?

If you take out the stupidly long scene of Shino and Haseo staring at each other at the waterfall, then this was, quite surprisingly, a decent episode.

FELIPE NO
Demon Arashi
O.A.D

Member 8643

Level 4.31

Jun 2006

Old Jun 18, 2006, 06:07 PM #88 of 140
I can't wait for the day I see .hack//ROOTS, simply because I'm a .HACK fan 'til death!

Internet: for the win!

Last edited by Demon Arashi; Jun 18, 2006 at 06:12 PM.
Keym
Syklis Green

Member 2135

Level 7.28

Mar 2006

Old Jun 19, 2006, 10:05 PM Local time: Jun 20, 2006, 12:05 AM #89 of 140
Originally Posted by soulsteelgray
Wow. Something actually happened.
Yes. TRI-EDGE SHOWED UP IN THE LAST FIVE SECONDS!! ... And no one noticed him, even though he was 2 feet above everyone else on the street.

Seriously, what's the deal. Stop teasing us with glimpses of Tri-Edge.

I also wonder what happened to the player Ovan, but... he's just probably busy trying to break free.

soulsteelgray

Member 451

Level 18.41

Mar 2006

Old Jun 20, 2006, 12:05 PM Local time: Jun 20, 2006, 11:05 AM #90 of 140
Originally Posted by Keym
Yes. TRI-EDGE SHOWED UP IN THE LAST FIVE SECONDS!! ... And no one noticed him, even though he was 2 feet above everyone else on the street.

Seriously, what's the deal. Stop teasing us with glimpses of Tri-Edge.
Er, what?:
The episode ended with the scene of Naobi and Ender talking and Ovan groaning. The scene before that was of Gord and Haseo talking.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Keym
Syklis Green

Member 2135

Level 7.28

Mar 2006

Old Jun 20, 2006, 09:04 PM Local time: Jun 20, 2006, 11:04 PM #91 of 140
Oh, episode 10. It sounded like episode 11 to me (which is out by the way). Guess all the episodes look alike to me by now.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
soulsteelgray

Member 451

Level 18.41

Mar 2006

Old Jun 24, 2006, 01:03 PM Local time: Jun 24, 2006, 12:03 PM #92 of 140
Episodes 11 and 12:
Sakisaka's starting to annoy me with his whole "OVAN GRR EVIL KEY-STEALING BASTARD" act. The Tri-Edge glimpse at the end of 11 seemed forced, almost like they were trying to say, "Hey, folks! Don't forget about this Tri-Edge fellow!"

Episode 12 finally brought some answers to questions that've been on many fans' minds. I'm just really confused about Yata and Pai now, though. I mean, they were so bitchy and mean as Naobi and Ender, and then they team up with Haseo in the games? What?

Shino finally got her color set changed! YES! Her hair's still pink, though.

Keym
Syklis Green

Member 2135

Level 7.28

Mar 2006

Old Jun 24, 2006, 11:55 PM Local time: Jun 25, 2006, 01:55 AM #93 of 140
So Shino went from emo to goth? Works for me. She looks cooler in black.

soulsteelgray

Member 451

Level 18.41

Mar 2006

Old Jun 30, 2006, 11:32 AM Local time: Jun 30, 2006, 10:32 AM #94 of 140
Episode 13:
Well. The shit's hit the fan now.

I thought that Shino wouldn't get PKed by Tri-Edge until the end of the series, but now I'm just completely lost as to where the series is going. Okay, sure, the rest of Roots will probably show Haseo getting stronger and all that stuff, but then where's the light at the end of the tunnel?

Good stuff, episode 13 is. It certainly makes up for the crappiness of the earlier episodes.

Keym
Syklis Green

Member 2135

Level 7.28

Mar 2006

Old Jun 30, 2006, 06:30 PM Local time: Jun 30, 2006, 08:30 PM #95 of 140
Episode 13 definitely rocked. Although, I'm getting such a LOST vibe with all the questions and more questions about the show as the episodes go by.

Spoiler:
So... it turns out Tabby liked Shino? As in, liked liked? Huh. Good twist.. that it was hinted at before, but I thought it was silly subtext.

Tri-Edge! Finally getting some action! YAY. I didn't know Shino got DD/PKed in the show, took me by surprise. Guess now I know what makes Haseo change until the games start. Speaking of Tri-Edge, what was he doing before that scene? Was he fixing the intarweb? Or just using come code to call Shino?

Either way, I'm hoping that things will pick up now after what happened. Wonder if they'll change the opening now with all the character changes.

FELIPE NO
soulsteelgray

Member 451

Level 18.41

Mar 2006

Old Jun 30, 2006, 08:47 PM Local time: Jun 30, 2006, 07:47 PM #96 of 140
Spoiler:
Speaking of Tri-Edge, what was he doing before that scene? Was he fixing the intarweb? Or just using come code to call Shino?

Either way, I'm hoping that things will pick up now after what happened. Wonder if they'll change the opening now with all the character changes.
Spoiler:
Looks to me like he was fixing whatever minor error there was with The World.

I don't think they'll change the opening. They're just lazy, that's all. 'course, I'll be surprised if they do.

Keym
Syklis Green

Member 2135

Level 7.28

Mar 2006

Old Jun 30, 2006, 09:12 PM Local time: Jun 30, 2006, 11:12 PM #97 of 140
Originally Posted by soulsteelgray
Spoiler:
Looks to me like he was fixing whatever minor error there was with The World.
Spoiler:
Does that mean that Tri-Edge is just a program that protects The World in some way then? Makes sense considering he has Kite's image. In fact, if this is the case, I think the games will be like the first .Hack games and the Epitaph, but reversed. The "good" guys will play The Wave (all the main characters are named after the phases) while the "bad" guys (Tri-Edge and... company?) will play the Twilight Dragon or whatever was the hero in the Epitaph.

Uh oh, then the player's main objective in the games will be to destroy The World so it doesn't hurt anyone else ever again.

soulsteelgray

Member 451

Level 18.41

Mar 2006

Old Jun 30, 2006, 10:03 PM Local time: Jun 30, 2006, 09:03 PM #98 of 140
Spoiler:
Does that mean that Tri-Edge is just a program that protects The World in some way then? Makes sense considering he has Kite's image. In fact, if this is the case, I think the games will be like the first .Hack games and the Epitaph, but reversed. The "good" guys will play The Wave (all the main characters are named after the phases) while the "bad" guys (Tri-Edge and... company?) will play the Twilight Dragon or whatever was the hero in the Epitaph.

Uh oh, then the player's main objective in the games will be to destroy The World so it doesn't hurt anyone else ever again.
Spoiler:
Or it could be that Tri-Edge sees PKing as a way to "fix" The World. I think that'd make things very, very interesting.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Keym
Syklis Green

Member 2135

Level 7.28

Mar 2006

Old Jun 30, 2006, 10:34 PM Local time: Jul 1, 2006, 12:34 AM #99 of 140
Spoiler:
I wonder why we bother to use Spoiler tags, it's just us talking in here.

Anyway, what you said could work. Maybe he's trying to purge The World of all foreign data.

Most amazing jew boots
The Plane Is A Tiger
Time Traveling Consequences

Member 125

Level 45.61

Mar 2006

Old Jul 1, 2006, 02:41 AM #100 of 140
I'm actually glad you've been using spoiler tags, since I checked this thread for any non-spoiler info while I was three episodes behind for various reasons.
Spoiler:
Okay, so it's only because a friend got me hooked on Lost and I couldn't stop watching that.

Anyway, it's very nice to see things finally happening! It's interesting seeing Pai and Yata being Ovan's captors, since they're party members in the game too. I'm guessing as of right now Ovan won't be too thrilled seeing them again. Also nifty watching Haseo already start to earn his title of being a PKK. Loved how he made the guy slice his own partner.

Pretty much my only disappointment was that Tri-Edge used his daggers to kill Shino rather than Data Drain. I was really hoping to see some Data Drain action. The question is if Shino and Atori (in the game) are the same people or just copy character models like with Blackrose and Mimiru. One of the chains at the cathedral altar rusted after Shino was sliced, and those 8 chains represented each of the 8 Waves before, so that sorta hints that they're the same person.

I honestly wouldn't doubt it if we get a new OP after this episode. It's exactly halfway through the series, as of right now over half the characters in the opening are banned/quit The World, and we all know the show is more concerned with appearance than actual story development at times.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > .Hack//Roots