Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Anime] Why Aren't You Watching Attack on Titan (Assault on Tower if you are dumb like Mo0)

Tails
MY STICK

Member 104

Level 55.36

Mar 2006

Old Aug 15, 2013, 10:35 PM #1 of 34
Why Aren't You Watching Attack on Titan (Assault on Tower if you are dumb like Mo0)

Imagine a world, a world where the last of humanity lives inside a giant walled city in fear of giant beings known as Titans whose very existence is to kill humans. Everything is all fine and dandy since the walls are keeping the Titans out, then this motherfucker shows up, busts the walls open, and everything goes to shit.

Welcome to Attack on Titan or Shingeki no Kyojin, a pretty rad manga turned into a pretty rad anime by Production I.G. (Ghost in the Shell) and Studio Wit. Now I know what you're thinking. "Aw man an anime, no way Tails". This is very much not your standard anime. There is no sparkly eyed kawaii uggu high school bullshit. No overcoming your fears through the power of love and friendship. This is a show about humanity getting their shit pushed in repeatedly.

The Titans are by and large pretty fucking unstoppable, and even the best of the best of humanity's warriors trained to take on the Titans frequently get eaten. The best part? Nobody knows where the Titans come from or why they want us all dead. They just do.

Attack on Titan tells the story of young Eren Yeager, Mikasa Ackerman and Armin Arlert, whose lives get severely fucked up one fateful day when the Titans invade the walls. The story is full of intrigue, despair, and flat out fucking horror as more and more is revealed about the true nature of titans. You need to watch this show. Seriously, it's free to watch on Crunchyroll as it airs or you can torrent it if you like. Just watch this fucking show. Never ever google anything about it though or you'll spoil some major fucking plot twists.

YouTube Video

Jam it back in, in the dark.

#654: Braixen
Sarag
Fuck yea dinosaurs

Member 748

Level 53.85

Mar 2006

Old Aug 15, 2013, 10:59 PM #2 of 34
ok fine asshole, will report back later

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Single Elbow
You have no dignity.

Member 707

Level 34.01

Mar 2006

Old Aug 15, 2013, 11:12 PM Local time: Aug 15, 2013, 09:12 PM #3 of 34
I am seriously impressed about the production values of the anime.

That said, I DO need to keep on reading. It's been MONTHS since I last left.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Jessykins
Burnt out on dealing with mortals

Member 444

Level 31.50

Mar 2006

Old Aug 16, 2013, 02:15 AM Local time: Aug 16, 2013, 12:15 AM #4 of 34
I've heard about this. As far as anime goes you actually haven't really steered me wrong before so I am gonna check it out.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
THE POWER OF WATER
listen here you little shit

Member 45

Level 48.64

Mar 2006

Old Aug 16, 2013, 02:40 AM Local time: Aug 15, 2013, 11:40 PM 3 #5 of 34
As far as anime goes you actually haven't really steered me wrong before
Well that's exactly the opposite of my experience of anime with Tails.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Undertale (PC, 2015)
Jessykins
Burnt out on dealing with mortals

Member 444

Level 31.50

Mar 2006

Old Aug 16, 2013, 07:12 AM Local time: Aug 16, 2013, 05:12 AM #6 of 34
Well, I will say that the only other recommendation I got from him I think was DMC, so, that may be why.

Anyway a friend of mine told me that the titans are based off of otaku stereotypes, which is just hilarious considering how fucking stupid most of them look. Especially in that scene with the guy from that second gif. Holy shit I laughed out loud at that run. So far, I am okay with this show.

How ya doing, buddy?
nuttyturnip
Soggy

Member 601

Level 52.11

Mar 2006

Old Aug 16, 2013, 08:32 AM #7 of 34
I've been watching at work on Crunchyroll (who knows why that site isn't filtered), and enjoying it. I don't normally like the same sort of stuff that Tails likes, but this is good.

FELIPE NO
The Plane Is A Tiger
Time Traveling Consequences

Member 125

Level 45.61

Mar 2006

Old Aug 16, 2013, 09:44 AM #8 of 34
I started torrenting this last week, and I'm caught up at ep. 18 now. The best thing about it is how ridiculous the titans look. It makes them so hard to take seriously, and then BAM an aberrant shows up and wrecks everything. There's one later on who charges forward while skittering like a bug on all fours who's insanely creepy.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Tails
MY STICK

Member 104

Level 55.36

Mar 2006

Old Aug 16, 2013, 11:35 AM #9 of 34
Well that's exactly the opposite of my experience of anime with Tails.
Are you trying to tell me that you don't enjoy watching the worst animes each season because I think you are lying.

@Nutty/Jessy: I get that anime isn't everyone's thing and generally don't bother recommending something unless it's "mainstream" (for lack of a better term) enough that non-animu people will want to watch it.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

The Plane Is A Tiger
Time Traveling Consequences

Member 125

Level 45.61

Mar 2006

Old Aug 16, 2013, 06:09 PM #10 of 34
I'm just happy when a new show comes along that isn't the same old harem/moe crap or drawn out Bleach-style fights where it takes 20 episodes for anything to happen.

Also, your Sasha sig is the best.

Xyzz
Witch of Miracles

Member 37926

Level 15.57

May 2011

Old Aug 18, 2013, 09:29 AM Local time: Aug 18, 2013, 04:29 PM #11 of 34
The pacing being too goddamn slow would be a perfectly valid reason not to watch it. Seriously, I suppose I could easily summarize the latest episode in ~20-30 words ... again :x (18 that is, just saw 19 popping up in my RSS feed, and EveTaku aren't generally the fastest group out there, so 19 has probably been aired for a day or two)

It's still fun enough to keep watching though for me (: Plot, despite being too slow, is still interesting, and there's rather fun action sequences, and the anime obviously receives bonus points for the first opening, which well... is the guile's theme of anime openings (:
(I unintentionally got some friend to watch the anime just by linking him some examples of those (Shingeki no Kyojin opening - YouTube, Attack On Christopher Walken - YouTube, Shingeki no Red Army - YouTube) )

Just because you can explain it doesn't mean it's not still a miracle.

Last edited by Xyzz; Aug 18, 2013 at 12:42 PM.
Sarag
Fuck yea dinosaurs

Member 748

Level 53.85

Mar 2006

Old Aug 18, 2013, 01:40 PM #12 of 34
Spoiler for Ep 2:

So, if I understand the exposition correctly, almost all of the refugees from the breached town were sent to 'slow' the Titans, around 250,000 of them. Of those, only a few hundred people returned.

That shit is astonishingly dark. Especially since that's the result that anybody could expect based on what has happened so far.

Current verdict: The central government, or whoever it was that ordered those refugees back, is fucking evil as all hell

So far so good, Tails, keep it up k

Old Aug 19, 2013, 07:13 AM 1 #13 of 34
Just gonna drop this here...

YouTube Video

I was speaking idiomatically.
FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

Vemp
fuuuuuu

Member 929

Level 33.83

Mar 2006

Old Aug 20, 2013, 12:25 AM Local time: Aug 20, 2013, 01:25 PM #14 of 34
Well, I tried the 1st episode and didn't finish it. That whiny kid is very annoying. It didn't really catch my interest, although my friends say I should just bear with it and wait for the fight scenes

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Single Elbow
You have no dignity.

Member 707

Level 34.01

Mar 2006

Old Aug 20, 2013, 02:33 AM Local time: Aug 20, 2013, 12:33 AM #15 of 34
Well, I tried the 1st episode and didn't finish it. That whiny kid is very annoying. It didn't really catch my interest, although my friends say I should just bear with it and wait for the fight scenes
It gets better from there. Just keep watching.

FELIPE NO
Sarag
Fuck yea dinosaurs

Member 748

Level 53.85

Mar 2006

Old Aug 20, 2013, 07:55 PM #16 of 34
Vemp: the whiny kid gets regulated on hardcore early in the season, I was pretty stoked about the telling-offs that happen. It seems to open into more of an ensemble show after the first few episodes, as well, so it's not like you have to look at his dumb ass all the time.

Vemp
fuuuuuu

Member 929

Level 33.83

Mar 2006

Old Aug 21, 2013, 03:26 AM Local time: Aug 21, 2013, 04:26 PM #17 of 34
Vemp: the whiny kid gets regulated on hardcore early in the season, I was pretty stoked about the telling-offs that happen. It seems to open into more of an ensemble show after the first few episodes, as well, so it's not like you have to look at his dumb ass all the time.
Oh I see. Ok, I might give it another shot.

Most amazing jew boots
Old Aug 22, 2013, 01:33 AM #18 of 34
Holy shit I just went and marathoned 10 episodes. I haven't been through such an intense roller coaster of emotions about a show in a long time. This show. Holy shit.

FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

Sarag
Fuck yea dinosaurs

Member 748

Level 53.85

Mar 2006

Old Aug 22, 2013, 06:28 PM #19 of 34
PTSD: the anime

Tails
MY STICK

Member 104

Level 55.36

Mar 2006

Old Aug 22, 2013, 06:43 PM #20 of 34
You'd have issues too if giant people were trying to eat you.

nuttyturnip
Soggy

Member 601

Level 52.11

Mar 2006

Old Aug 22, 2013, 07:08 PM 3 #21 of 34
You'd have issues too if giant people were trying to eat you.
Finally, an anime about my life.

How ya doing, buddy?
Old Aug 24, 2013, 03:36 PM #22 of 34
I watched up to episode 19 and then read the entire manga up to its current chapter. Oh god this shit is going to last probably another year or so. I do hope once its actually complete they'll make a third season. I'm fairly certain on how they'll end this season. It'll definitely want you to see more and you aren't going to see it until like a year or so from now probably. Yeesh.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

Tails
MY STICK

Member 104

Level 55.36

Mar 2006

Old Aug 24, 2013, 04:18 PM #23 of 34
Oh god this shit is going to last probably another year or so.

Hate to break it to you but this run is only 25 episodes. They'll likely come back to it in a few seasons but when Summer season ends that's it. Kind of like how David Production did the first two parts of Jojo's Bizarre Adventure and are going to do part 3 a few seasons from now.

FELIPE NO

Old Aug 24, 2013, 04:49 PM #24 of 34
Sorry, when I said that I was referring to the manga. I'm just a little wary of anime being made for a manga that is still clearly current and not near the finish line. My guesstimate of another year or so is generous. I'm too used to this scenario happening and the anime studio either making up its own ending or just ending on a cliff-hanger and never revisiting the property to finish it up once it had enough material to animate proper. This is Production IG though so I could probably hope for the best.

FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

Tails
MY STICK

Member 104

Level 55.36

Mar 2006

Old Aug 24, 2013, 05:50 PM #25 of 34
From what I understand the manga author has this whole thing planned out in advance, so I don't think we're going to end up with a FMA type situation where they don't know where shit's going and have to make up an ending. I'm sure the break between seasons will do them well as far as giving the manga a chance to end proper.

How ya doing, buddy?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > [Anime] Why Aren't You Watching Attack on Titan (Assault on Tower if you are dumb like Mo0)