Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Album] the inevitable 'what the fuck are Vinyls?'

Furby
Soon...

Member 327

Level 27.95

Mar 2006

Old Sep 29, 2009, 11:00 PM #1 of 11
the inevitable 'what the fuck are Vinyls?'

http://www.gamingforce.org/forums/me...tte-tapes.html

After looking through this thread I tried to see if I had any Cassette tapes still laying around my house but came up empty handed. Then I started thinking, fuck cassette, what about vinyls.. I actually started collecting vinyls a while back because I started dj'ing.. I don't have anything super old or rare. I mostly have some Dieselboy, Ak1200, Gridlock, Dj Panik, Roni Size and a few other jungle/DnB tracks.

So anyone have vinyls? Still listen to them? Do you spin?

Discuss

Jam it back in, in the dark.
No. Hard Pass.
Salty for Salt's Sake

Member 27

Level 61.14

Mar 2006

Old Sep 30, 2009, 12:12 AM Local time: Sep 29, 2009, 11:12 PM #2 of 11
You realise vinyl is all the craze in the indie crowd. Of course people still buy vinyl.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

John Mayer just asked me, personally, through an assistant, to sing backup on his new CD.

Zephyrin
OOOHHHHhhhhhh YEEEEAAAAHHHHhhhh~!!!1

Member 933

Level 36.14

Mar 2006

Old Sep 30, 2009, 01:18 AM Local time: Sep 29, 2009, 11:18 PM #3 of 11
I've also noticed a larger selection of vinyls in stores, now. Particularly Best Buy. Go figure.

How ya doing, buddy?
Yushiro
Able Squad, More Like Awesome Squad

Member 4745

Level 10.03

Apr 2006

Old Sep 30, 2009, 07:27 AM #4 of 11
Once I'm not living in an apartment any longer and can actually have a nice sound system, I'm planning on getting a turntable and collecting some of my favorite albums in vinyl, if only because of the Loudness Wars.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
i am good at jokes
LUCKY!!!

Member 25652

Level 30.58

Oct 2007

Old Sep 30, 2009, 11:01 AM Local time: Sep 30, 2009, 12:01 PM #5 of 11
I happen to have a moderately sized collection of vinyls (100 ~ 150), but most of them I've gotten from people who where getting rid of them. This counts my brother, who also gave me the turntable with a bunch of rock albums, a professor for whom I worked as an assistant who was moving (exclusively classical with a Pink Floyd album stuck in there for some reason), my girlfriend's grandparents (mostly golden oldies) and this old woman that my girlfriend knew who donated about a dozen full length opera recordings to her.

I've bought a few myself, but I've never actually gone above 5$ for a single vinyl, as I don't particularly like the medium itself as far as practicality or sound quality goes. The only albums I did buy were either just things that I had heard about but hadn't been able to get my hands on or albums that I didn't have and which were available on the cheap.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Furby
Soon...

Member 327

Level 27.95

Mar 2006

Old Sep 30, 2009, 11:41 AM #6 of 11
I've also noticed a larger selection of vinyls in stores, now. Particularly Best Buy. Go figure.
Best Buy? Seriously?

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Put Balls
i

Member 100

Level 26.08

Mar 2006

Old Sep 30, 2009, 11:50 AM Local time: Sep 30, 2009, 06:50 PM #7 of 11
Germans have it all backwards. I couldn't find a record store that had a good selection in cds. Most of the good stuff was only in vinyl.

In other European countries close to the edge of the Iron Curtain, the "problem" is not so big, but the vinyls are still quite abundant, at least in Hungary and here in CR. Only the "western" countries silently threw away vinyl for a while, during the nineties.

It's making a comeback in Finland, too.

How ya doing, buddy?
Furby
Soon...

Member 327

Level 27.95

Mar 2006

Old Sep 30, 2009, 05:00 PM #8 of 11
Germans have it all backwards. I couldn't find a record store that had a good selection in cds. Most of the good stuff was only in vinyl.

In other European countries close to the edge of the Iron Curtain, the "problem" is not so big, but the vinyls are still quite abundant, at least in Hungary and here in CR. Only the "western" countries silently threw away vinyl for a while, during the nineties.

It's making a comeback in Finland, too.
Over here in cali, it's not hard to find a store with good selection of Vinyl... it's just hard for me to find Vinyls that I can use to create a set..

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
guyinrubbersuit
The Lotus Eater

Member 628

Level 30.15

Mar 2006

Old Oct 2, 2009, 01:48 AM Local time: Oct 1, 2009, 11:48 PM #9 of 11
I have a few vinyl but no turntable. Probably my favorite one that I have is something that my brother gave me and that's Opeth - Deliverance. I figured Opeth would sound great on vinyl. I haven't found out if I'm right or not.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Ramenbetsu
Ramengatari: The Story of the Noodle Samurai

Member 1053

Level 23.72

Mar 2006

Old Oct 5, 2009, 03:57 AM #10 of 11
I have a few vinyl but no turntable. Probably my favorite one that I have is something that my brother gave me and that's Opeth - Deliverance. I figured Opeth would sound great on vinyl. I haven't found out if I'm right or not.
I'm basically in the same boat. A couple vinyls but no real turntable. I've got an old one back home but I've never bothered to try and get it working. Been planning on it recently though.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
VitaminZinc
Bad and Evil

Member 57

Level 18.74

Mar 2006

Old Oct 5, 2009, 04:52 AM #11 of 11
I just recently cleaned out the storage shed/shop behind the house. There were some 8-tracks--even a player, too!

It was kinda fun to toss it all into a trash bag and cart it away.

Also, I have a handful of vinyls. It's all old stuff that used to be my mom's and uncles'. Nothing all that worthwhile.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > [Album] the inevitable 'what the fuck are Vinyls?'