Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Album] ATTN: Eurovision Will Change its Voting System!

Musharraf
So Call Me Maybe

Member 20

Level 52.53

Feb 2006

Old Dec 12, 2008, 12:59 PM Local time: Dec 12, 2008, 06:59 PM #1 of 4
ATTN: Eurovision Will Change its Voting System!

For about a decade, Eastern European Eurovision fans have voted in blocs, ensuring that five of the past nine song contests have been in cities like Belgrade, Kiev and Tallinn. Organizers say they will now add a jury -- and reduce the value of viewer voting by half.

full story here: Ending the Eastern Bloc: Eurovision Will Change its Voting System - SPIEGEL ONLINE - News - International

Terry Wogan, the BBC's longtime Eurovision presenter, threatened earlier this year to quit his job if changes weren't made. Eurovision, he argued, wasn't to be taken seriously anymore. He's right about that. But will the ESC get better with a change like that? Nobody knows.

Verka Serduchka, from Ukraine, almost won the Eurovision contest in 2007. And the rest is silence.

How ya doing, buddy?
OmagnusPrime
Flipping cups since 2014

Member 423

Level 39.65

Mar 2006

Old Dec 12, 2008, 01:15 PM Local time: Dec 12, 2008, 06:15 PM #2 of 4
Blimey. The voting system and the rather predictable voting of certain countries has always been part of the tradition of the Eurovision. That said, it has seemed to get a little silly in recent years so it possibly wouldn't hurt to mix things up a little. Not that I really care, think the last time I watched was about 2 or 3 years ago, and without Wogan presenting it over here there's not a great deal of point in doing so.

One thing I will say though, when was Eurovision ever to be taken seriously?

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Vemp
fuuuuuu

Member 929

Level 33.83

Mar 2006

Old Dec 14, 2008, 01:10 AM Local time: Dec 14, 2008, 02:10 PM #3 of 4
Last time I heard, Eurovision is mainly for epic lulz. I don't even know anyone from my area or country who knows about Eurovision.

Also, Terasbetoni. \m/

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
No. Hard Pass.
Salty for Salt's Sake

Member 27

Level 61.14

Mar 2006

Old Dec 14, 2008, 02:34 AM Local time: Dec 14, 2008, 01:34 AM #4 of 4
Who the fuck EVER took Eurovision seriously?

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

John Mayer just asked me, personally, through an assistant, to sing backup on his new CD.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > [Album] ATTN: Eurovision Will Change its Voting System!