Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

.Hack roots, and .hack GU relation?

tlrunions
River Chocobo

Member 906

Level 24.20

Mar 2006

Old Mar 4, 2007, 05:49 PM Local time: Mar 4, 2007, 07:49 PM #1 of 7
.Hack roots, and .hack GU relation?

Hello,
I was just curious to know how the new .hack anime related to the .hack GU games. Do they take place before after or during the anime I just need to know so I do them in order. Thanks for the info.
Teresa,

Most amazing jew boots
The Plane Is A Tiger
Time Traveling Consequences

Member 125

Level 45.61

Mar 2006

Old Mar 4, 2007, 06:12 PM #2 of 7
The short answer is that Roots takes place directly before GU, but that's not exactly true. GU begins with Haseo starting out in The World and going on his first quest with two players who end up killing him. Ovan shows up, revives him, and then it skips several months into the future. Roots begins with Ovan reviving him and covers those several months, plus a little bit into the beginning of the first game.

However, a lot of stuff in Roots, especially towards the end when it goes beyond that skipped period, contradicts what happens in the game. The only one that's a real problem is the identities of Pi and Yatta. The show and game don't mesh nearly as well as Sign and the original games did.

Honestly, even as a huge .Hack fan I thought Roots sucked. There were a few good episodes around the middle, but overall it was one big time filler and aside from what happens around ep. 13-14 it only serves to confuse things in GU.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
goldenknuckles
I'll cut ya'

Member 20963

Level 2.12

Mar 2007

Old Mar 11, 2007, 08:17 PM #3 of 7
I haven't played .hack Gu or seen roots. I did truly love sign and the games that went with it. I heard that the music in GU was really good. Is that true?

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
My fake plants died because I did not pretend to water them.
Cirno
⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨

Member 980

Level 30.09

Mar 2006

Old Mar 12, 2007, 02:20 AM Local time: Mar 11, 2007, 11:20 PM #4 of 7
The soundtrack for .hack//GU Vol. 1 is decent, but most of the tracks aren't very memorable. The Final Boss battle theme is the same that you hear in one of the trailers and the cutscene with Tri-Edge at the beginning of the game.

I found .hack//Roots to be very, very boring. Honestly, just skip the anime series and head right into the games. You'll figure everything you need to know from there and, if necessary, through message boards online (try dothackers.net).

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
eriol33
nunally vi brittania commands you...

Member 1131

Level 41.71

Mar 2006

Old Apr 7, 2008, 08:43 PM Local time: Apr 8, 2008, 08:43 AM #5 of 7
sorry for the bump, but I'm always wondering, is it necessary watching roots to understand what happens in G.U.? I'm on my way to playing the vol.3 and honestly I kinda lost my interest to continue more. Also, I'm impressed by the english dub quality.

I was speaking idiomatically.
You all think you got good deals, huh? Ha! You frugal and observant shoppers have more to learn.

None of that approaches this:
*censored for sake of signature size*
The Mr. Methane CD, purchased over ebay for .01¢. Yeah, free shipping. This guy performs all sorts of neat stuff, including the doot doot, doot doot from the Blue Danube.

Allow me to share a track from this CD. Here ya go.
I think he should have paid you .01¢ instead.
The Plane Is A Tiger
Time Traveling Consequences

Member 125

Level 45.61

Mar 2006

Old Apr 7, 2008, 08:51 PM #6 of 7
As I said a year ago, no. Most of Roots feels like little more than filler, and even contradicts GU on several points. I said before that the middle of Roots was semi-important at least, but even that's a little different from how the games say things happened. Unless you want to watch the Twilight Brigade frolick/be emo then you can skip it.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
eriol33
nunally vi brittania commands you...

Member 1131

Level 41.71

Mar 2006

Old Apr 7, 2008, 09:02 PM Local time: Apr 8, 2008, 09:02 AM #7 of 7
seeing your comments, I think I got the picture, seems like I will skip the series till I finish G.U. oh well.

FELIPE NO
You all think you got good deals, huh? Ha! You frugal and observant shoppers have more to learn.

None of that approaches this:
*censored for sake of signature size*
The Mr. Methane CD, purchased over ebay for .01¢. Yeah, free shipping. This guy performs all sorts of neat stuff, including the doot doot, doot doot from the Blue Danube.

Allow me to share a track from this CD. Here ya go.
I think he should have paid you .01¢ instead.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > .Hack roots, and .hack GU relation?