Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Movie] The Dark Knight (Batman Begins Sequel)

acid
Fighting For Freedom Wherever There's Trouble

Member 643

Level 19.09

Mar 2006

Old Aug 10, 2006, 07:10 PM Local time: Aug 10, 2006, 06:10 PM #51 of 397
Originally Posted by LeHah
I remain wonderously skeptical with the casting. Yes, I wanted Hamill too - not only because he is the Joker but because there now seems to be an age casting problem with this movie. Throwing Ryan Phillippe in just makes it sound like we're shooting from the hip to the 90210 crowd for pretty boys. This isn't saying Ryan isn't a good actor - but the aged involved is stupid. The Joker should be older - considering that he's suppose to be the utter opposite of Batman, why not do the same with their age.

Despite the strength of Batman Begins, lets see where this goes. Not everything is as fortunate as Spider Man 2.
Who the fuck is Ryan Philippe playing? Heath Ledger is the Joker. Damn teen stars all looking the same.

Edit - It appears I can't fucking read. Disregard what was here.

Edit 2 - The Joker should be older based on what exactly? His age has never been mentioned or referenced. There is nothing suggesting that he has to be older than Batman. Hell, I'd even go to say they suggest he's about the same age. If you go by the Killing Joke, and accept he has a relatively young wife with a baby on the way, and his appearance pre-chemical dip, it suggests he's probably in his late 20's/early 30s. As told in Batman: Year One (which is in continuity), Bruce is 25 when he first starts out as Bats. Joker' origin story in TKJ, takes place not long after this happens, making them about the same age.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

GI Joe is the codename for America's highly trained special mission force. Its purpose: to defend human freedom against COBRA. A ruthless terrorist organization determined to rule the world.

24 can't jump the shark. Jack Bauer ate the shark long ago. Now 24 can only jump the water, and that doesn't mean anything. - Jazzflight
<Krizzzopolis> acid you are made of win.
<Dissolution> And now my god damn scissors are all milky

Last edited by acid; Aug 10, 2006 at 07:18 PM.
LZ
What I'm out for is a good time. All the rest is propaganda.

Member 71

Level 19.91

Mar 2006

Old Aug 10, 2006, 07:32 PM #52 of 397
Quote:
Finally, a BoF report claims that Ryan Phillippe is in the running for the role of D.A. Harvey Dent, a.k.a. the future Two-Face.
=/

Is it wrong of me to want Terrence Howard as Dent? I think he'd be a good choice.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Freddy Krueger
Good Chocobo

Member 1982

Level 18.37

Mar 2006

Old Aug 10, 2006, 08:49 PM #53 of 397
I would like Terrence Howard but then a bunch of people would complain about making the character black like everyone flipped out when the new Catwoman came out.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Meth
I'm not entirely joking.

Member 565

Level 26.04

Mar 2006

Old Aug 10, 2006, 09:09 PM Local time: Aug 10, 2006, 08:09 PM #54 of 397
Harvey Dent was played by Billy Dee Williams in the 89 Batman, but maybe I was too young to remember comic dorks complaining about him being black.

It really doesn't matter if the actor is black so long as it fits the character. I think Michael Clark Duncan is a great actor, but I thought he was poorly cast as the Kingpin in Daredevil. The character of the Kingpin is the stereotypical menacing whitest white crime boss.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Misogynyst Gynecologist
In A Way, He Died In Every War

Member 389

Level 49.28

Mar 2006

Old Aug 10, 2006, 09:44 PM #55 of 397
Originally Posted by MetheGelfling
Harvey Dent was played by Billy Dee Williams in the 89 Batman, but maybe I was too young to remember comic dorks complaining about him being black.
Billy Dee Williams was in the first two movies because he was also contracted to later play Two Face. They had to buy his contract out when Schumacher wanted someone more bankable as a villian - namely Tommy Lee Jones.

How ya doing, buddy?
Vestin
Good Chocobo

Member 8812

Level 17.17

Jun 2006

Old Aug 10, 2006, 10:01 PM Local time: Aug 10, 2006, 07:01 PM #56 of 397
Ryan Phillipe as Two-Face? What?

I thought Two-Face was supposed to be older than Batman. I mean, at least I thought... but why put a teenie bopper as TWO FACE

At least they didn't use Orlando Bloom, I guess.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Freddy Krueger
Good Chocobo

Member 1982

Level 18.37

Mar 2006

Old Aug 10, 2006, 10:16 PM #57 of 397
I don't really think of him as that ANYMORE after Crash. I think as long as he does the role with respect maybe he can pull it off. Although in the cartoons he had a side where he lost his temper and acted crazy which I have never seen Ryan do yet. I still think Josh Lucas would be a good Dent/Two-Face

Most amazing jew boots
acid

Member 643

Level 19.09

Mar 2006

Old Aug 10, 2006, 10:40 PM Local time: Aug 10, 2006, 09:40 PM #58 of 397
Originally Posted by Prosthetic
Ryan Phillipe as Two-Face? What?

I thought Two-Face was supposed to be older than Batman. I mean, at least I thought... but why put a teenie bopper as TWO FACE

At least they didn't use Orlando Bloom, I guess.
Ryan Philippe is only 8 months younger than Christian Bale.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

GI Joe is the codename for America's highly trained special mission force. Its purpose: to defend human freedom against COBRA. A ruthless terrorist organization determined to rule the world.

24 can't jump the shark. Jack Bauer ate the shark long ago. Now 24 can only jump the water, and that doesn't mean anything. - Jazzflight
Vestin
Good Chocobo

Member 8812

Level 17.17

Jun 2006

Old Aug 10, 2006, 11:58 PM Local time: Aug 10, 2006, 08:58 PM #59 of 397
But it's all about looks and style.

With the morbid direction the movie is aiming for, I don't think that Ryan Phillipe is suitable. Then again, I could be completely wrong. I HOPE this is the case.

Most amazing jew boots
Meth
I'm not entirely joking.

Member 565

Level 26.04

Mar 2006

Old Aug 11, 2006, 07:10 AM Local time: Aug 11, 2006, 06:10 AM #60 of 397
Originally Posted by Prosthetic
With the morbid direction the movie is aiming for, I don't think that Ryan Phillipe is suitable. Then again, I could be completely wrong. I HOPE this is the case.
I'm betting that you are. Ryan Phillipe is a twisted fuck who oozed his way into Reece Witherspoon's panties. He devours that pink every night. Ryan Phillipe and I share a birthday. There's somthing to be said about the deviant fuckers born on Sept. 10. I'm so fucking high.

SpaceOddity
Chocobo

Member 427

Level 10.97

Mar 2006

Old May 20, 2007, 02:45 AM Local time: May 20, 2007, 12:45 AM #61 of 397
Looks like WB has launched a pretty interesting internet campaign, with the final "prize" being the first glimpse of Heath Ledger as The Joker. Here's more information on the campaign:

http://www.superherohype.com/news/topnews.php?id=5711

... And what seems to be the final image.

Spoiler:

Last edited by SpaceOddity; May 20, 2007 at 02:49 AM.
WolfDemon
Grub Killer

Member 737

Level 27.82

Mar 2006

Old May 20, 2007, 11:55 PM Local time: May 20, 2007, 08:55 PM #62 of 397
Lame. He looks like an albino who put on too much lipstick. I really hope they make it better by the time it comes out.

LZ

Member 71

Level 19.91

Mar 2006

Old May 21, 2007, 06:16 PM #63 of 397
He looks like a creepy-ass dude who's had a horrible chemical accident. I like it.

FELIPE NO
knkwzrd
you know i'm ready to party because my pants have a picture of ice cream cake on them

Member 482

Level 45.24

Mar 2006

Old May 21, 2007, 06:35 PM Local time: May 21, 2007, 05:35 PM #64 of 397
Also, Aaron Eckhart is cast as Harvey Dent, which I think is goddamn brilliant.

ibelieveinharveydent.warnerbros.com if you haven't seen it already.

How ya doing, buddy?
LZ

Member 71

Level 19.91

Mar 2006

Old May 21, 2007, 07:17 PM #65 of 397
http://www.ibelieveinharveydenttoo.com/

This is where the image of Joker was first revealed, but it's been taken down now.

Spoiler:
You can still press ctrl+a for a nice little easter egg though.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
acid

Member 643

Level 19.09

Mar 2006

Old May 22, 2007, 07:10 PM Local time: May 22, 2007, 06:10 PM #66 of 397
Lame. He looks like an albino who put on too much lipstick. I really hope they make it better by the time it comes out.
Early rumors have him not gaining the mysterious "perma-smile" as a result of the acid bath.

Spoiler:
From what's being tossed around sites like AICN etc etc, the fall in the chemicals doesn't turn his skin that super-high-gloss white that Nicholson had. It rather takes a more realistic skin bleaching making him appear more like an albino. After going nuts, he carves himself a smile out of his cheeks (think of the Captain in Pan's Labrynth), which would explain the scarring, and it appears covers it up with paint/lipstick).

Frankly I think it's a fucking awesome look.

Wall Feces
Holy Cow! What Happened!

Member 493

Level 46.34

Mar 2006

Old May 22, 2007, 09:44 PM #67 of 397
I think Joker's look is absolutely perfect, especially given the extremely dark nature of the film. Just that picture alone has scared me shitless. I can't wait to see him in the film.

WolfDemon
Grub Killer

Member 737

Level 27.82

Mar 2006

Old May 29, 2007, 03:08 AM Local time: May 29, 2007, 12:08 AM #68 of 397
Maybe if I see a couple more pictures of him in different angles, rather than that in-your-face mugshot look. His face is just so damn close to the camera, it just looks bad to me. I'll keep an open mind though. When I first saw Davy Jones on Pirates 2, I thought he looked goofy as hell, but he grew on me once I saw him in action. Maybe seeing this new Joker in action will change my mind the same way.

Faust 72
Blue Fedora, Orange Socks!!

Member 1129

Level 7.59

Mar 2006

Old Jun 3, 2007, 01:09 PM #69 of 397
Spoiler:

2 out of 4 scenes to be shot in IMAX

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes."
SpaceOddity
Chocobo

Member 427

Level 10.97

Mar 2006

Old Jun 3, 2007, 04:50 PM Local time: Jun 3, 2007, 02:50 PM #70 of 397
Holy crap, that second picture (with the blurry reflection in the mirror) is awesome. I was wondering if the purple suit/green hair look would work in Nolan's more "realistic" Batman universe... I guess the suit is a really muted shade of purple, though, or even dark gray. Either way, I'm really excited. I just hope Heath Ledger can pull it off.

Last edited by SpaceOddity; Jun 3, 2007 at 04:52 PM.
makura
!

Member 337

Level 18.92

Mar 2006

Old Jun 4, 2007, 02:15 AM Local time: Jun 4, 2007, 01:15 AM #71 of 397
lookin good.

If anyone haven't noticed.. if you go to http://www.ibelieveinharveydenttoo.com/
and do Ctrl +A for the Easter Egg

You can get a secret message..
Spoiler:
if you remove all the "Ha"
...seeYOuInDECeMbER...

I wonder what that could mean

FELIPE NO
Simo
Just an old killer. Hired for some wet work

Member 86

Level 24.92

Mar 2006

Old Jun 16, 2007, 11:52 PM #72 of 397
Kind of surprised this hasn't been posted yet but EW has the exclusive for the new Batsuit:

Digging the new design and I like the texture of the material underneath the armour.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Tagonist
The Age of Legends

Member 22583

Level 14.69

May 2007

Old Jun 17, 2007, 05:24 AM Local time: Jun 17, 2007, 12:24 PM #73 of 397
Interesting. They seem to be moving even farther away from the original, comic design of the suite and give it an even more "modern personal armour" look, rather than the "oh look, a latex mold of hist pants worn on the outside" thing of the non-nolan batsyflicks. More substance and functionality over style. Me likes it.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Faust 72
Blue Fedora, Orange Socks!!

Member 1129

Level 7.59

Mar 2006

Old Jun 18, 2007, 04:21 AM #74 of 397
Batsy is standing on top of the police car.

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes."
Simo
Just an old killer. Hired for some wet work

Member 86

Level 24.92

Mar 2006

Old Jun 18, 2007, 03:28 PM #75 of 397
Here's a nice Hi-Res version of the shot of the suit:

Also they revealed the Batpod today:

Pretty fawking awesome IMO. Looks like it's made out of pieces of the Tumbler and kinda reminds me of the Bat-Missile from Batman Returns for some reason.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > [Movie] The Dark Knight (Batman Begins Sequel)