Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[General Discussion] The Gamingforce Game of the Year 2009: RESULTS - The Top 10

OmagnusPrime
Flipping cups since 2014

Member 423

Level 39.65

Mar 2006

Old Jan 10, 2010, 06:58 AM Local time: Jan 10, 2010, 11:58 AM 6 #1 of 9
The Gamingforce Game of the Year 2009: RESULTS - The Top 10

The voting is done with for another year, but a disappointing small number of people actually came out to vote, so this year rather than a top 20 I'm keeping it to just the top 10. In amongst those games we at GFF have crowned the best of the year is a healthy covering for all the major home platforms, including the PC, but a complete no show for anything handheld. Japan has obviously been letting the side down in 2009 as after last year's RPG dominated list only one true RPG, and a western RPG at that, makes it onto the list.

Anyways, the list runs in reverse order, so if you're highly impatient and just want to know what claimed the top spot, then leap on down to the bottom. But have a read through, see what games ended up where and then have your say on the list.

So, what made it into the Gamingforce Game of the Year Top 10, well let's start with number 10 shall we, and our first tied position:

10-. Muramasa: The Demon Blade
[ Wii | Ignition Entertainment ]

---------------------------

10-. Street Fighter IV
[ Multi | Capcom ]

9. Bionic Commando
[ Multi | Capcom ]

8. Modern Warfare 2
[ Multi | Infinity Ward ]

7. GTA: Episodes From Liberty City
[ 360 | Rockstar North ]

6. New Super Mario Bros. Wii
[ Wii | Nintendo ]

5. Dragon Age: Origins
[ Multi | Bioware ]

3-. Left 4 Dead 2
[ Multi | Valve ]

3-. Uncharted 2: Among Theives
[ PS3 | Naughty Dog ]

2. Borderlands
[ Multi | Gearbox Entertainment ]

1. Batman: Arkham Asylum
[ Multi | RockSteady ]

So there you have it, the Gamingforce Game of the Year 2009 Top 10. So what should have been there, what shouldn't have? What was too high, and what was too low? Start the discussion/bitching...

Thanks to everyone who took part in the voting stage. Not sure I'll be doing this again next year, but we'll see.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
SailorDaravon
Mountain Chocobo

Member 204

Level 28.55

Mar 2006

Old Jan 10, 2010, 09:54 AM 1 #2 of 9
Bionic Commando - What the fuck.

Modern Warfare 2 - Surprised it wasn't higher considering the crowd here.

GTA Liberty City Episodes - Haven't seen that on a lot of GotY lists, still need to pick that up some time.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
The Plane Is A Tiger
Time Traveling Consequences

Member 125

Level 45.61

Mar 2006

Old Jan 10, 2010, 10:48 AM #3 of 9
Glad to see that Muramasa just barely squeaked onto the list. It definitely deserves it.

I see that Best Buy has Bionic Commando down to just $20 now, so I may have to buy that this week. I've been waiting for it to come down in price, and it's not going to go lower than that.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Final Fantasy Phoneteen
what

Member 119

Level 36.08

Mar 2006

Old Jan 10, 2010, 11:18 AM Local time: Jan 10, 2010, 09:18 AM #4 of 9
Bionic Commando - What the fuck.
I now give a gleeful nod to Skills and the two or three other people who gave it a shitload of points.

Mission Complete, gentlemen

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Scent of a Grundle
Mountain Chocobo

Member 32415

Level 28.14

Dec 2008

Old Jan 10, 2010, 11:52 AM Local time: Jan 10, 2010, 10:52 AM #5 of 9
Aww, i just realized that i could have nominated the Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box. Rats.

Not too surprised by most of the list. It seems a decent indicator of the tastes of the GFF community as far as i can tell.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Ramenbetsu
Ramengatari: The Story of the Noodle Samurai

Member 1053

Level 23.72

Mar 2006

Old Jan 10, 2010, 12:42 PM #6 of 9
Fuck yea Bionic Commando. ALL MY REAL NIGGAS WILL GET SOME DAPS AND FIST POUNDS LATER (They know who they are). I completely forgot to vote for Blazblue, not that it'd get a lot of votes anyway.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Paco
????

Member 175

Level 58.82

Mar 2006

Old Jan 10, 2010, 01:13 PM Local time: Jan 10, 2010, 11:13 AM #7 of 9
I'm actually really surprised that Dragon Age: Origins didn't score higher but I'm really surprised about Arkham Asylum ending up at the top instead of Borderlands. Even people who still haven't played the game nominated it! Still a pretty well-rounded list. Glad Muramasa made it up there though; did it tie with Street Fighter or what?

FELIPE NO
OmagnusPrime
Flipping cups since 2014

Member 423

Level 39.65

Mar 2006

Old Jan 10, 2010, 04:32 PM Local time: Jan 10, 2010, 09:32 PM #8 of 9
Glad Muramasa made it up there though; did it tie with Street Fighter or what?
So, what made it into the Gamingforce Game of the Year Top 10, well let's start with number 10 shall we, and our first tied position:
I should have perhaps made it clearer that it was a tied position, but yes, both position 10 and 3 are tied games.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Angel of Light
A Confused Mansbridge

Member 6635

Level 26.61

May 2006

Old Jan 10, 2010, 06:30 PM Local time: Jan 10, 2010, 08:00 PM #9 of 9
My observations for the top ten games for 2009 are pretty much typical. However, I am happy to see Muramasa make it to the top ten.

I was kind of expecting Uncharted 2 to be the number 1 game, but from what I've seen or heard from Arkum Asylum, I'm generally not surprised about this game being #1.

I was also kind of expecting Modern Warfare 2 score higher than Left for Dead 2 (granted I've never played any of them, but I've always heard that modern warfare 2 was the better first person shooter)

I'm really surprised, that not one handheld game made the top ten list even though there were plenty of quality handheld games that came out, but its good to see the Wii had two games for the top ten list this year.

I think with all the quality games that are coming out for 2010, it'll be really interesting to see what the top games for the new year would be.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [General Discussion] The Gamingforce Game of the Year 2009: RESULTS - The Top 10