Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[PSP] La Pucelle Ragnarok

Hindman
Good Chocobo

Member 3792

Level 15.57

Mar 2006

Old Aug 31, 2009, 07:43 PM Local time: Aug 31, 2009, 05:43 PM #1 of 6
La Pucelle Ragnarok

News and 2 scans

Quote:
Nippon Ichi continues to enhance and port its PS2 games to the PlayStation Portable. The latest will be an upgrade of La Pucelle Tactics, which will go under the new title of La Pucelle: Ragnarok and release in Japan on Nov. 26.
Quote:
The game will feature full voice acting, and the players can (unlike in the original) rotate the camera and skip battle animations, which could take up a long time in the original. NIS’s love of crossovers and cameos still shines in this title, as the three main Disgaea: Hour of Darkness characters and prinnies will make boss battle appearances.

An alternate, four-chapter bonus story will also be present, called “Demon Lord Prier,” perhaps similar in concept to the “Etna Mode” in Disgaea: Afternoon of Darkness.

There is not yet an official release announcement, but keep your eyes on NIS America to bring this game to the English audience.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Rockgamer
(OH CRAP. IT'S THE DUKE)

Member 370

Level 43.75

Mar 2006

Old Aug 31, 2009, 08:26 PM Local time: Aug 31, 2009, 07:26 PM #2 of 6
While I'm honestly getting a bit tired of all the NIS remakes, I might be willing to give this one a try. La Pucelle is still the NIS game I like the most out of the ones I've played, and hopefully if NIS America brings it here it'll be uncensored unlike the PS2 version Mastiff published. That, along with all the new stuff, would probably be enough to get me to buy it.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Fluffykitten McGrundlepuss
Motherfucking Chocobo

Member 589

Level 64.55

Mar 2006

Old Sep 1, 2009, 04:03 AM Local time: Sep 1, 2009, 10:03 AM #3 of 6
I own La Pucelle but never really got into it. It just took far, far too long to actually get into your first battle and the whole game is just to slow paced for me. I might give it another try one day but I own a lot of other games I'd rather play or replay first. Maybe I might like it more on a handheld but I doubt it.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Black Mage
Nothing beats a Sunny Day!

Member 264

Level 10.71

Mar 2006

Old Sep 1, 2009, 08:31 PM #4 of 6
I enjoyed La Pucelle when I played it however many years ago, but I'm not sure if I liked it enough to play it through again.

I did like the battle system more than the later Disgaea and Disgaea-esque titles, but that might be, in part, because of the superior sprite work. I'll have to see, maybe the extras will warrant a second playthrough when it comes out.

EDIT: And.. uh, yikes at that new art. I know there was a huge thigh problem with the old style, but it looks like it's moved on up.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Hindman
Good Chocobo

Member 3792

Level 15.57

Mar 2006

Old Nov 19, 2009, 12:28 AM Local time: Nov 18, 2009, 10:28 PM #5 of 6
Hoping for a sales boost, they're coming at this one with a new, yet time-tested marketing strategy:

How ya doing, buddy?
dagget
Spoot

Member 72

Level 36.40

Mar 2006

Old Nov 19, 2009, 02:10 PM #6 of 6
Hoping for a sales boost, they're coming at this one with a new, yet time-tested marketing strategy:

I'm sold. Bought 3, why lie.

I'll still buy this as I lost my copy of La Pucelle Tactics somewhere down the line during a move. Might as well get Disgaea 2 for PSP as well

How ya doing, buddy?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [PSP] La Pucelle Ragnarok