Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[PSP] Lunar: Harmony of the Silver Star

khan0plinger
OH YES LET ME DROWN IN IT

Member 983

Level 17.72

Mar 2006

Old Jan 6, 2010, 05:28 PM #76 of 108
EBGames.com - Buy Lunar: Silver Star Harmony Limited Edition - Sony PSP

I guess it's official nao. well, because you know, gamestop listed it and all

I'll have to go get my pre-order switched to the CE anyway. I already have it paid for, just got to add another $10. Just wish XSEED put a little more effort in at least trying to make it a decent collector's edition like WD used to.
The funny thing about that is WD weren't even making any regular editions. All the versions of most of their games came with amazing packaging. I remember seeing the graphics for the enhanced port of SSSC and thinking "Oh well, this will be one of those slim cases with 1 disc that doesn't take up too much room". Imagine my surprise when I went to pick up my copy. I miss WD, mainly for the extra effort they put into stuff like this. That and their localizations were pretty damn hilarious.

Most amazing jew boots
khan0plinger
OH YES LET ME DROWN IN IT

Member 983

Level 17.72

Mar 2006

Old Jan 14, 2010, 09:50 PM #77 of 108
Demo is available on PSN if anyone wants to give it a shot, I am downloading it now.

I was speaking idiomatically.
dagget
Spoot

Member 72

Level 36.40

Mar 2006

Old Jan 15, 2010, 04:13 PM #78 of 108
official website is up... I want to puke at the translation of the song...

Sounds like Jenny Stigile to me though

Lunar: Silver Star Harmony

there's also sample of the voice acting...

/facepalm

with that said, Ghaleon's isn't to bad. I think they actually got cam clarke. (can't hardly tell from a couple lines, but sounds like him) Although Nash and Kyle... bleh. I'm also going to add that Nall's voice is entirely annoying. WTB option for japanese audio plox.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

The Plane Is A Tiger
Time Traveling Consequences

Member 125

Level 45.61

Mar 2006

Old Jan 15, 2010, 07:46 PM #79 of 108
Why does the new song make you want to puke? The original song was just as corny, if not more so. Nostalgia aside, I think this one sounds a little better.

As for the voice acting, it sounds fine to me. The only problem is so many of them being recognizable from nearly every other RPG released in the past couple of years, but at this point it's almost stranger for Yuri Lowenthal to not be the main character of an RPG. Rita Mordio fits pretty well for Jessica too. Kyle is the only one that bugs me, but I'm fairly certain he's drunk for that line, so there's no problem. Nall's voice is nowhere near its original annoying pitch, so you're complaining about nothing. Stop rushing for Japanese audio when this is miles above the old voice acting, as charming as it was.

I was planning to ignore this remake aside from the new soundtrack, but the extra Four Heroes stuff is mighty tempting. I'll have to give the demo a try later. I've been considering replaying SSSC again since going through all of Eternal Blue this summer, but this could work.

FELIPE NO
dagget
Spoot

Member 72

Level 36.40

Mar 2006

Old Jan 15, 2010, 08:41 PM #80 of 108
I dunno, just something about the song seems more cheesy to me and the voice acting, while working designs wasn't near perfect, just a few of the people's voices just rubbed me the wrong way. I'm sure it is one of those things I'll learn to get used to if there's no second audio option.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

Single Elbow
You have no dignity.

Member 707

Level 34.01

Mar 2006

Old Jan 15, 2010, 08:55 PM Local time: Jan 15, 2010, 06:55 PM #81 of 108
The song has always been cheesy. Power of love, hope and dreams and all that sugar-coated stuff. This one is just a new addition to the mix.

Maybe for an Eternal Blue remake we'll just have metal as the theme song instead. Your band of choice.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
dagget
Spoot

Member 72

Level 36.40

Mar 2006

Old Jan 15, 2010, 09:14 PM #82 of 108
This is also coming from the guy who made a really cheesy anime music video based of Lunar and the song from King's Quest VI. So I have no room to talk about what's cheesy and what isn't.

It's all good though, cheese or not, just not used to a non-WD localization. As I said, I'll get over it.

Finished the demo. Ultra short but from what there was of it, I was left wanting more. the translation for the story isn't so bad (and I will admit that the new song is growing on me, but the voices still haven't) and I can tell XSEED tried their best to keep it as close to WD's as they could. Really interested in seeing the rest of the game when it comes out next month.

How ya doing, buddy?

The Plane Is A Tiger

Member 125

Level 45.61

Mar 2006

Old Jan 16, 2010, 05:30 PM #83 of 108
I just finished up the demo, and I enjoyed it overall. I'll probably pick up the full game when it comes out next month. Like Dagget already said, the new translation seems very close to Working Design's old one which is nice. There were a few gameplay changes that annoy me, though.

The world map is now a select your destination kind of thing rather than roaming around. Not a huge deal since Lunar's world map was always pretty straightforward with no random battles or secrets aside from the bath forest towards the end, but it's still kind of irritating. I like walking around.

No more dashing. You move at the same slow pace both in towns and in dungeons, and monsters chase after you at an equally slow pace. I really hope there's something to speed you up a little in the full game, but the Options menu is inaccessible in the demo.

The White Dragon Cave is tiny now. It was never huge before, but Qwark's room is practically right next to the entrance. Maybe they trimmed it to cut down on the number of rooms you have to load.

I could be wrong, but I don't remember getting back full HP/MP whenever you leveled up in SSSC. I know that wasn't the case in Eternal Blue, at least. Not an annoyance, but it definitely makes things much easier and drastically lessens the need to conserve MP.

Also, anyone planning to pick up the full game may want to play through the demo. It mentions getting some sort of extra thing if you have a completion save from the demo. It only goes up to the end of Qwark's cave, so it doesn't take long.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
SouthJag
Gold Chocobo

Member 1189

Level 30.45

Mar 2006

Old Jan 16, 2010, 06:51 PM Local time: Jan 16, 2010, 06:51 PM #84 of 108
Holding the R button while walking will make you move a little faster. Brisk walking pace, anyway. As far as the White Dragon Cave, I noticed the size difference too. I wonder if, since they used a tweaked version of Lunar Legend's battle system, maybe they borrowed a little more from the GBA version.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

Reading --
Bleach, Claymore, Chun Rhang Yhur Jhun, NOW,
Zero: Beginning of the Coffin, Black God,
Twelve Kingdoms (novels), History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi
Watching --
Bleach
Playing --
Fable II, Valkyria Chronicles, Guitar Hero: World Tour,
Star Ocean: First Departure, LittleBigPlanet,
MegaMan 9, Mirror's Edge
dagget
Spoot

Member 72

Level 36.40

Mar 2006

Old Jan 18, 2010, 01:46 PM #85 of 108
I hope that the rest of the caves aren't as tiny as the white dragon cave, either. I missed the roaming the overworld portion too, as I always liked exploring that way. The refresh of health when you level up is nice too cause that way I won't go in, fight about 3-4 beasties then have to go back to Burg and refresh at the Althena statue to go back. Rinse and repeat.

Also I found out there's a reason the singer sounds like Jennifer Stigile... it is. Apparently XSEED had contacted the original voice actors to reprise their roles but they turned it down out of respect for Vic. Well except for Jenny lol. But hey, a paycheck's a paycheck.

I also like how Jessica sounds like Mitzi from Shin Chan.

The Plane Is A Tiger

Member 125

Level 45.61

Mar 2006

Old Jan 18, 2010, 02:35 PM #86 of 108
The original Alex was no doubt too busy trying to reunite his boy band. The songs were the only VA type of thing I was worried about them messing up, so Stigile was the only important one anyway. Not sure why the others would turn it down out of respect for Vic. Game remakes aren't unusual, so it's not like they're spitting on Working Design's grave.

Jurassic Park Chocolate Raptor
Reactor online.
Sensors online.
Weapons online.
All systems nominal.

Member 80

Level 56.91

Mar 2006

Old Jan 18, 2010, 09:48 PM Local time: Jan 18, 2010, 08:48 PM #87 of 108
Also I found out there's a reason the singer sounds like Jennifer Stigile... it is. Apparently XSEED had contacted the original voice actors to reprise their roles but they turned it down out of respect for Vic. Well except for Jenny lol. But hey, a paycheck's a paycheck.
This is somewhat backwards.

Vic was messing in his pants because he was not dealing with this release, and basically said "you got all of us or you got none of us", and because he holds sway with them still, that has more to do with why they didn't take it than anything.

There was really no "out of respect" here. And using Vic's own words, Jennifer "broke rank". Like they're some sort of union and she's a scab or something.

Vic is shitting himself sideways over this release. Watching him post on NeoGAF is an amazing experience. It's a whiny bitchfest the likes of which are hard to explain. He's condemning it to the level of Lunar Legend and Dragon Song and whatnot just on the basis that he's not working on it, conveniently ignoring that this demo proves that SHIT IS JUST FINE. The game can take a slightly different tone and still come out alright.

His reactions to this version have been really God damn bizarre.

FELIPE NO

Last edited by Jurassic Park Chocolate Raptor; Jan 18, 2010 at 09:50 PM.
dagget
Spoot

Member 72

Level 36.40

Mar 2006

Old Jan 18, 2010, 10:09 PM #88 of 108
Yeah, I was going by what I was told and didn't want to say something that people would scream "BULLSHIT" over and couldn't find a nicer way to put it than "out of respect" instead of saying it was VIC'S IRON GRASP OF DOOM! "Lol you voice for them and you'll never work for Working Designs again!! O wait..."

Over the years of talking with Vic, t's kind of funny to see him damn another Lunar remake when it was being developed (Legends). He was so against doing yet another version of 1 (can't say I blame him there, honestly) and was even in disputes of sorts with Ubi Soft over the characters names, I think Qwark was a "WD orginal name" and they at first refused them to use it, and not wanting anything to do with it, to damning this one because he's not working on it?! WTF? I guess he expected Game Arts to not license it out to anyone else. Alls I can say is that if he's that upset over it, he shouldn't have sold the rights back to Game Arts.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

Final Fantasy Phoneteen
what

Member 119

Level 36.08

Mar 2006

Old Jan 18, 2010, 10:09 PM Local time: Jan 18, 2010, 08:09 PM #89 of 108
Vic Ireland in general seems to be bizarre. His reactions to anything vaguely related to his work are usually either dickish nonchalance or offended rage.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
No. Hard Pass.
Salty for Salt's Sake

Member 27

Level 61.14

Mar 2006

Old Jan 19, 2010, 08:27 AM Local time: Jan 19, 2010, 07:27 AM #90 of 108
I don't disagree with any of you concerning Vic's attitude, but I do have to take a moment to once again express the fact I wish there was a company out there that used WD's production values on game releases. The beautiful manuals, the crazy special editions, the awesome guides...

I didn't even care they were six years late, because damn, they were great.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

John Mayer just asked me, personally, through an assistant, to sing backup on his new CD.

aerisangel
Carob Nut

Member 26245

Level 6.27

Nov 2007

Old Feb 23, 2010, 10:17 PM Local time: Feb 23, 2010, 08:17 PM #91 of 108
i would like to read what vic said about the old lunars, how do you go about gaining a username for NeoGAF?

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

No. Hard Pass.
Salty for Salt's Sake

Member 27

Level 61.14

Mar 2006

Old Feb 23, 2010, 10:29 PM Local time: Feb 23, 2010, 09:29 PM #92 of 108
You sign up, you show great patience, and then shame.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

John Mayer just asked me, personally, through an assistant, to sing backup on his new CD.

Single Elbow
You have no dignity.

Member 707

Level 34.01

Mar 2006

Old Feb 25, 2010, 03:05 PM Local time: Feb 25, 2010, 01:05 PM #93 of 108
i would like to read what vic said about the old lunars, how do you go about gaining a username for NeoGAF?
Unless you want to be bombarded down by subjective trivia of how everything Sony is great, I wouldn't.

Going with Deni here. Sign up at your own risk.

dagget
Spoot

Member 72

Level 36.40

Mar 2006

Old Feb 25, 2010, 04:32 PM #94 of 108
I actually got denied signing up to NeoGAF a few months ago.

I don't think Vic would ever trash the old Lunars seeing as how those are probably the biggest titles WD had but with the fit he threw with Jenny S working with Xseed, who knows anymore.

aerisangel
Carob Nut

Member 26245

Level 6.27

Nov 2007

Old Feb 25, 2010, 08:19 PM Local time: Feb 25, 2010, 06:19 PM #95 of 108
I signed up but i guess i will wait. Are they that harsh?

FELIPE NO

No. Hard Pass.
Salty for Salt's Sake

Member 27

Level 61.14

Mar 2006

Old Feb 25, 2010, 09:32 PM Local time: Feb 25, 2010, 08:32 PM #96 of 108
I actually got denied signing up to NeoGAF a few months ago.

I don't think Vic would ever trash the old Lunars seeing as how those are probably the biggest titles WD had but with the fit he threw with Jenny S working with Xseed, who knows anymore.
Denied? Why?

How ya doing, buddy?

dagget
Spoot

Member 72

Level 36.40

Mar 2006

Old Feb 25, 2010, 11:47 PM #97 of 108
I have no idea, I went to sign up and told me to wait for verification, and then like a week later I got an email "I'm sorry but your request to join these forums has been denied". or something along those lines. I just said fuck it and just watched the hilarity in the Lunar thread ensue.

Most amazing jew boots

aerisangel
Carob Nut

Member 26245

Level 6.27

Nov 2007

Old Mar 2, 2010, 06:43 PM Local time: Mar 2, 2010, 04:43 PM #98 of 108
So it came out today, Im about to pick up my copy, anyone try it yet?

There's nowhere I can't reach.

dagget
Spoot

Member 72

Level 36.40

Mar 2006

Old Mar 3, 2010, 12:14 AM #99 of 108
Just got a chance to sit down with my copy. I suggest if you're going to try it out, then download the demo from the PSN first. If you go through the demo and save at the end, you're supposed to get some kind of bonus when you start up the full game.

Looks like when my friend played the demo, it over-wrote my save since it doesn't register the completed demo at all, unless I'm doing it wrong. Guess I'll finish the demo again and then start the full version.

How ya doing, buddy?

SouthJag
Gold Chocobo

Member 1189

Level 30.45

Mar 2006

Old Mar 3, 2010, 02:06 AM Local time: Mar 3, 2010, 02:06 AM #100 of 108
Looks like the demo completion item is what Alex's dad gives him when he sets off to the cave; or rather, what he gives Luna. In the demo, he gave her a Sling for a weapon. In the game (with my demo complete data) he gave her Silver Darts. Same damage as the Poison Darts you can buy in the not-too-far future, but have a high RES rating.

Most amazing jew boots

Reading --
Bleach, Claymore, Chun Rhang Yhur Jhun, NOW,
Zero: Beginning of the Coffin, Black God,
Twelve Kingdoms (novels), History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi
Watching --
Bleach
Playing --
Fable II, Valkyria Chronicles, Guitar Hero: World Tour,
Star Ocean: First Departure, LittleBigPlanet,
MegaMan 9, Mirror's Edge

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [PSP] Lunar: Harmony of the Silver Star