Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Album] The Metal Thread! (The Zombie Edition)

Spinal Tap
Syklis Green

Member 2060

Level 6.75

Mar 2006

Old Aug 12, 2006, 05:11 PM #1 of 1376
I'm sure anyone who's interested has heard them already, but you can listen to some new songs of Iron Maiden's next album at www.ironmaiden.com.

Different Worlds will be the album opener, and it's about the same quality as Wildest Dreams on DOD... good, very listenable, catchy, but nothing mind blowing.

Brighter Than A Thousand Suns on the other hand is excellent... truly an epic and not canned epic like some of the longer songs on BNW and DOD felt to me.
It wouldn't sound out of place of Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son, and imo is amongst their most quality songs since that album.
Gives me great hope for the next album.

I also like how all 3 songs released so far have a cohesive feel and sound, like the 80's albums... BNW and DOD's songs were all over the place.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Spinal Tap
Syklis Green

Member 2060

Level 6.75

Mar 2006

Old Aug 24, 2006, 11:18 AM #2 of 1376
Maiden's A Matter Of Life And Death has finally leaked.
It's truly their best since the late 80's imo.
Highlights are...

The Longest Day (they finally did a song about D-Day ... this one's just perfect, love the chorus, really captures the feel of the beach landings... the slow buildup symbolizes the boats approaching the coasts, then it goes heavy as the poor suckers are let loose on the beach)

For The Greater Good Of God (probably the most epic and dramatic track on the album... this is basically about holy wars and fighting in the name of god)

Lord Of Light (nice trippy intro, then turns into one of the thrashiest Maiden songs I've heard)

The Pilgrim (very awesome middle eastern themed song, again a kickass chorus and I love the arabian riffs)

These Colours Don't Run (pretty straight forward rocker, but the middle section is awesome, reminds me of Seventh Son with the riffs and synthesizers and all)

The Legacy (the weirdest song on the album, and one of the weirdest they've ever done... starts out very creepy, and ends with awesome riffs and vocals)

I'd give this album a 9/10... much, much more inspired than anything post Fear Of The Dark.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Last edited by Spinal Tap; Aug 24, 2006 at 11:22 AM.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > [Album] The Metal Thread! (The Zombie Edition)