Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[PSP] FF VII Crisis Core - Big swords and big hair, it's like the 80's all over again

Manny Biggz
HELL YEAH

Member 2988

Level 25.67

Mar 2006

Old Mar 30, 2008, 05:16 PM #101 of 121
I think you can skip scenes you've already seen by pausing and hitting triangle. I might be getting this mixed up with Rogue Galaxy though...

I was speaking idiomatically.
dagget
Spoot

Member 72

Level 36.40

Mar 2006

Old Apr 5, 2008, 11:06 PM #102 of 121
So I'm playing this game and everything's been going at a good clip. then I ran into this mess.

Marked for spoilers, just incase:

Spoiler:
Apparently I have to infiltrate a Mako Reactor place in the freezing snow. Now unlike the other Final Fantasy 7 game where you had to get to markers, you have to keep yourself warm while staying hidden... so what the hell do I do here? I always seem to get caught and lose whatever items are in the boxes

This is why I hate getting involved in games, I always come across something like this that blocks me and keeps me from finishing games. :|

How ya doing, buddy?

Manny Biggz
HELL YEAH

Member 2988

Level 25.67

Mar 2006

Old Apr 5, 2008, 11:23 PM #103 of 121
So I'm playing this game and everything's been going at a good clip. then I ran into this mess.

Marked for spoilers, just incase:

Spoiler:
Apparently I have to infiltrate a Mako Reactor place in the freezing snow. Now unlike the other Final Fantasy 7 game where you had to get to markers, you have to keep yourself warm while staying hidden... so what the hell do I do here? I always seem to get caught and lose whatever items are in the boxes

This is why I hate getting involved in games, I always come across something like this that blocks me and keeps me from finishing games. :|
Spoiler:
If you don't care much about getting those chests, the guards will leave after you get caught a few times. If you want to grab them, just rush the chests one at a time. The guards have to actually catch you, so you can get away with being spotted. There's also certain points where they get stuck.

FELIPE NO
SouthJag
Gold Chocobo

Member 1189

Level 30.45

Mar 2006

Old Apr 6, 2008, 12:44 AM Local time: Apr 6, 2008, 12:44 AM #104 of 121
The items you're wondering about -- they're nothing you won't get multiple times over by doing the missions. There aren't any Phoenix Downs or anything of any importance, so move past them.

I've finally found the one thing that's going to drive me insane -- the status effect "Death". I've done half of the missions (which is a shitload, fyi) and I just passed through Junon, and I still haven't acquired anything to null Death. Even the Status Ward materia and Death materia equipped doesn't deter it. And it's not a chance thing like it was in FF7 -- if you get hit with it, you're dead.

There are some winged bastards who can cast it outright and wipe you out no matter where you are, so you have to beat the shit outta them before they cast. And some of the Wutai guards and those weird dog-like things use skills with Death attached to it -- Death Missile and Death Fangs, respectively. On a more recent mission I did, I got in a battle with 4 of those damn dogs, and each of the charged me with Death Fang. Needless to say I could not avoid it, and wasted the Raise status I had on me because I ended up dying in that fight.

Anyway, so yeah. "Death" sucks ass.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

Reading --
Bleach, Claymore, Chun Rhang Yhur Jhun, NOW,
Zero: Beginning of the Coffin, Black God,
Twelve Kingdoms (novels), History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi
Watching --
Bleach
Playing --
Fable II, Valkyria Chronicles, Guitar Hero: World Tour,
Star Ocean: First Departure, LittleBigPlanet,
MegaMan 9, Mirror's Edge
Lacerta
I know how to use a sword!

Member 184

Level 24.77

Mar 2006

Old Apr 6, 2008, 01:34 AM Local time: Apr 6, 2008, 12:34 AM #105 of 121
I equipped a Hell Firaga with the Status Ward and it nulled Death.

I've had Status Ward + Death nullify it as well. I try to get the hang of dodging anything with Death attached to it though, because I just don't want to take that chance.

How ya doing, buddy?
SouthJag
Gold Chocobo

Member 1189

Level 30.45

Mar 2006

Old Apr 6, 2008, 07:40 AM Local time: Apr 6, 2008, 07:40 AM #106 of 121
Death + Status Ward worked for you? I wonder. I have Hell Thundaga equipped, so maybe I should put Status Ward on again and go from there. I didn't think about that one.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Reading --
Watching --
Bleach
Playing --
MegaMan 9, Mirror's Edge
Shenlon
YARG!

Member 469

Level 30.22

Mar 2006

Old Apr 7, 2008, 08:01 PM #107 of 121
I started playing the game this weekend and I have to say that most of the time spent has been in the missions. The first few missions unlocked was spent of the majority of the time and then afterwards during the story mode everything else became so easy since I leveled up so much. Opening treasure chest is sorta pointless since I have more than enough money to buy anything and since armor and weapons don't have a factor in this game then thats even more of the reason why I have so much money.
I really love the game tho, it's cool to see how sephiroth used to be and I don't mind any of the voices. Zack's upbeat attittude is more refreshing than seeing the typical emo who feels like he's too good for himself. I guess he kinda reminds me of the kid from raddiatta stories a little bit. Although once the missions start reaching very hard mode, thats where I just stop and wait later until I can actually accomplish them but then I soon realized that I kept mashing the crap out of X. Fighting system looses its edge

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

New Record!

Last edited by Shenlon; Apr 7, 2008 at 08:03 PM.
Tankalex_Storm
Master Swordsman

Member 11438

Level 6.95

Aug 2006

Old Apr 11, 2008, 05:27 AM Local time: Apr 11, 2008, 03:27 AM #108 of 121
I went through this game once, already going through again. It's an absolutely beautiful game.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
speculative
Hard to believe it was just 5 seasons...

Member 1399

Level 25.03

Mar 2006

Old Apr 11, 2008, 09:12 PM Local time: Apr 11, 2008, 08:12 PM #109 of 121
I really enjoyed FFVII, but I hated Advent Children. Is Crisis Core for me?

"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little, and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there. Too much – the best of us is washed away…" - G'Kar
SouthJag
Gold Chocobo

Member 1189

Level 30.45

Mar 2006

Old Apr 11, 2008, 11:10 PM Local time: Apr 11, 2008, 11:10 PM #110 of 121
I'd be inclined to say yes. Crisis Core is a prequel, so you might enjoy seeing what happened before Cloud jumped off that train.

Most amazing jew boots

Reading --
Watching --
Bleach
Playing --
MegaMan 9, Mirror's Edge
Shenlon
YARG!

Member 469

Level 30.22

Mar 2006

Old Apr 20, 2008, 08:55 PM #111 of 121
I just finished crisis core by skipping most of the damn annoying mission since I was in a high enough level to make everything easy.
Although, is it just me or,

Spoiler:
in the final level where you have to insert all the Materia in order to open the door and the enemy appeared, didn't that feel like the hardest boss in story mode since its attack points were so high.

Anyways I really loved the ending, I obviously knew that Zack was going to die but the way they did it was amazing. This is where the DMW really shined and made things very dramatic and sad because you knew it was coming but felt as tho Zack was giving it his all in order to see aerith again.
Also at the very end it said "To be continued in Final Fantasy VII"
I wonder if this implied that they were remaking the game or if they were saying "Yeah now go play Final Fantasy VII again"

anyways, the games story was very good especially the end but a lot of the gameplay involved rapidly pressing X. Once I got Cura early in the game I hardly ever saw the equipment menu. Plus I found the missions to be very tedious and weren't even necessary except for gaining some summons but even then do you really want the summons? You can't control when they come out and when they do it would most likely be in the most unnecessary times and you have to see the whole intro scene over and over again, although as beautiful as they are.
Soundtrack was amazing as well, i'm getting it right now. I just fell in love with the ending credit song

FELIPE NO

New Record!
Freelance
"Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads."

Member 201

Level 37.85

Mar 2006

Old Apr 20, 2008, 09:30 PM #112 of 121
I just finished crisis core by skipping most of the damn annoying mission since I was in a high enough level to make everything easy.
Although, is it just me or

Spoiler:
they were saying "Yeah now go play Final Fantasy VII again"

Spoiler:

Loved the ending too, which I mentioned in a much earlier post. The music strikes quite an emotional impact. Zack's easily one of my favourite VG characters.

Quote:
you have to see the whole intro scene over and over again, although as beautiful as they are.
You do realize you can press a button and skip it, right? It did take me a bit before realizing it though, so I understand.

The 'little' summons (Cait Sith, Cactuar, etc) were awesome for the animation alone. Pretty darn funny and cute, I say.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

Last edited by Freelance; Apr 20, 2008 at 09:36 PM.
Shenlon
YARG!

Member 469

Level 30.22

Mar 2006

Old Apr 20, 2008, 09:52 PM #113 of 121
Oh rearry now. I always pressed start but all it did was pause the game, I didn't realize at the time that pressing another button was an option ~_~
I didn't get some of the alternate summons such as cactaur so I'll just youtube them since I'm done with the game, although I do love to see the ending
"price of freedom" is easily going to be on my loop till I get sick of it =p

Jam it back in, in the dark.

New Record!
Manny Biggz
HELL YEAH

Member 2988

Level 25.67

Mar 2006

Old Apr 21, 2008, 09:14 AM #114 of 121
Tonberry (SP?) summon was one of the best things in the game.

Most amazing jew boots
SouthJag
Gold Chocobo

Member 1189

Level 30.45

Mar 2006

Old Apr 21, 2008, 10:11 AM Local time: Apr 21, 2008, 10:11 AM #115 of 121
Haha, he's so menacing for such a little guy. Murderous Thrust is the best name for a summon ever.

I'm kinda cheating right now -- trying to get a few dozen materia mastered, but I'm doing extremely low level missions with Lucky Stars and Moogle Power equipped to get a higher chance of Moogle Power hitting in the DMW, since that particular summon upgrades your materia by 1 level every time. Works pretty well so far.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Reading --
Watching --
Bleach
Playing --
MegaMan 9, Mirror's Edge
Freelance

Member 201

Level 37.85

Mar 2006

Old Apr 21, 2008, 06:55 PM #116 of 121
Tonberry (SP?) summon was one of the best things in the game.
That and the Cactuar summon. Oh gawd, we really do more funny summons in future games. FFVIII had some too, mainly Tonbery's (DOINK!) and the Brothers (Rock Paper Scissors) :D

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

SouthJag
Gold Chocobo

Member 1189

Level 30.45

Mar 2006

Old Apr 22, 2008, 08:19 PM Local time: Apr 22, 2008, 08:19 PM #117 of 121
So I just beat the game, and here's a question for those who have beaten it.

Spoiler:
Who were the two who took away Genesis? Only thing I can think of is that it was Kadaj's two partners from Advent Children. Assuming that, I guess that means Genesis was the first reincarnation of Sephiroth, and Kadaj was the second. Is that right?

Additional Spam:
Oh and pray tell, what button lets you skip cut scenes? It's not even listed in the manual.

Reading --
Watching --
Bleach
Playing --
MegaMan 9, Mirror's Edge

Last edited by SouthJag; Apr 22, 2008 at 08:38 PM. Reason: This member got a little too post happy.
Inhert
The body may heal, the mind is not always so resilient.

Member 225

Level 35.92

Mar 2006

Old Apr 22, 2008, 08:42 PM #118 of 121
Spoiler:
I read somewhere that,s it's Weiss and Nero from Dirge of Cerberus. It seem right since Genesis is in the secret ending of DoC. I just don't remember what exactly Genesis has to do in the story of DoC

How ya doing, buddy?
SouthJag
Gold Chocobo

Member 1189

Level 30.45

Mar 2006

Old Apr 22, 2008, 08:46 PM Local time: Apr 22, 2008, 08:46 PM #119 of 121
You know what, I looked up the VAs on IMDB and spoiled that part for myself. They've actually got those two characters listed. Oh well, incidentally solved my problem.

FELIPE NO

Reading --
Watching --
Bleach
Playing --
MegaMan 9, Mirror's Edge
Freelance

Member 201

Level 37.85

Mar 2006

Old Apr 22, 2008, 08:51 PM #120 of 121
Oh and pray tell, what button lets you skip cut scenes? It's not even listed in the manual.
You can't skip cutscenes, although you can skip summon animations.

Spoiler:

Kadaj isn't a reincarnation of Seph, by the way. I am sucky at explaining why so I'm sure someone else here can enlighten you.

Most amazing jew boots

Jochie
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 466

Level 19.65

Mar 2006

Old May 5, 2008, 05:41 PM Local time: May 5, 2008, 03:41 PM #121 of 121
So I just got this e-mail:
Quote:
Dear Jochie,

Congratulations! You have been selected as one of 10 winners for the
SQUARE ENIX MEMBERS? CRISIS CORE ?FINAL FANTASY VII? Official Soundtrack
Sweepstakes.
As a result of a random drawing, which took place on May 1, 2008, you
are selected to receive one copy of the CRISIS CORE ?FINAL FANTASY VII?
Official Soundtrack autographed by composer Takeharu Ishimoto.
Is this a super rare thing to have? Can I sell it on E-bay for millions of dollars?

I lost interest in the game, but I think I'll play again someday. I definitely want to finish the story. Plus, any game with a shirtless Zack doing squats is worth a full playthrough.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [PSP] FF VII Crisis Core - Big swords and big hair, it's like the 80's all over again