Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[PSP] Dissidia: Final Fantasy Fanboy Fellating Fighting Frenzy!

Slayer X
Why do you not draw your sword?

Member 1205

Level 33.36

Mar 2006

Old May 16, 2007, 10:01 PM #76 of 304
lol, I love how you make things so dramatic where they are so simple.

you don't like something + don't buy it = point made

you trying to make a nagative point + thread for FF fans and people FOR the game = bad decision

See it's that simple

For the record it was I that brought up Ehrgeiz and it being a horrible game so where you got, "Slayer X disagress with my opinion that fighting games should have nothing to do with classic RPGs" is quite interesting. And secondly there's next to no chance that Dissidia is going to be a fighting game because it's and Action Progressive game (Ex PoP, God of War) or if they decide to add RPG elements it'll be like a Kingdom hearts. This is a point that has been made for the THIRD time, and you're still calling it a fighting game, are you even conversing here or throwing a tantrum?

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

Last edited by Slayer X; May 16, 2007 at 10:05 PM.
Kairi Li
Misuzu

Member 1088

Level 32.83

Mar 2006

Old May 16, 2007, 10:05 PM Local time: May 16, 2007, 07:05 PM #77 of 304
No, he and I are telling you chill the fuck out and quit making baseless opinions over a couple of images. And to maybe stop insulting our intelligence. Oh, and actually READING what our posts are saying may help, since you obviously were putting words in our mouths from your incoherant rants.

And unlike other fanboys out there, graphics aren't enough to make me like a game. If I just like the graphics, I'd stick to desktop wallpapers instead of shelling out 50 bucks thanks. I think being able play against my buddies through wi fi and playing as various FF characters would be a neat game. If you don't find the idea appealing thats your opinion, but gives you no right to insult others who do.

Now for god's sake's chill. Its just a game, no need to get all pissy at anyone else.

I was speaking idiomatically.

{ :: ~ Air - the 1000th Summer ~ :: }

:: That sea went on forever, into the blue distance ::
* That road went on forever, continuing straight ahead *

~ : Summer comes again, shining silver : ~
: When I close my eyes, suddenly I can see that day's blue sky :

Last edited by Kairi Li; May 16, 2007 at 10:10 PM.
No. Hard Pass.
Salty for Salt's Sake

Member 27

Level 61.14

Mar 2006

Old May 16, 2007, 10:13 PM Local time: May 16, 2007, 09:13 PM #78 of 304
Funny, I just spent the last few posts doing exactly that. Slayer, I have no say on his intelligence one way or the other. I haven't seen him often enough to form an opinion. You, on the other hand, come off like another SOLDIER/Grubdog etc, and are going to get scorned for it. Go back to your shitty taste in games and art and fuck right off.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

John Mayer just asked me, personally, through an assistant, to sing backup on his new CD.

Kairi Li
Misuzu

Member 1088

Level 32.83

Mar 2006

Old May 16, 2007, 10:16 PM Local time: May 16, 2007, 07:16 PM #79 of 304
If your opinion gives you the right to slam someone's taste, than by all rights I should be able to do the same, correct? Or is there a double standard I don't know about?

We all have our tastes and opinions, but insulting someone's because it differs to yours make you an asshole and a flamer, and its ruining the discussion. Unless you have anything more to say that's constructive or relevant, then don't post here at all, since its obvious you don't care for the game at all and just trying to attract attention. You made your point, now MOVE ON.

FELIPE NO

No. Hard Pass.
Salty for Salt's Sake

Member 27

Level 61.14

Mar 2006

Old May 16, 2007, 10:18 PM Local time: May 16, 2007, 09:18 PM #80 of 304
No, insulting someone's taste when you have no basis for it is pointless. You and I both know our disagreements start on Nomura. I flat out said he was a bad artist with no eye for composition, design and that his concepts were boring and idiotic. You argue that he's not. Where's your design degree hanging from? You like a bad artist, and I'm sorry that offends you, but one day you'll have to come to terms with your awful taste and move on with your life.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

John Mayer just asked me, personally, through an assistant, to sing backup on his new CD.

Kairi Li
Misuzu

Member 1088

Level 32.83

Mar 2006

Old May 16, 2007, 10:20 PM Local time: May 16, 2007, 07:20 PM #81 of 304
Because a bad artist is subjective, and you don't need to be a film maker to critque a movie, and that applies to art as well. If he can't draw, why would he even be hired in the first place?

Its all subjective, now move on. For Christ's sakes.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

No. Hard Pass.
Salty for Salt's Sake

Member 27

Level 61.14

Mar 2006

Old May 16, 2007, 10:22 PM Local time: May 16, 2007, 09:22 PM #82 of 304
It's not all subjective. Art appreciation is subjective, art design has certain standards and forms to it. If you knew anything about design, you'd know that much. And no, you don't have to be a film MAKER to critique a movie, but you sure as fuck have to understand film, don't you? Or are you going to tell me that Uncle Buck is a great piece of American Cinema, and that it's all ok because it's subjective.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Kairi Li
Misuzu

Member 1088

Level 32.83

Mar 2006

Old May 16, 2007, 10:25 PM Local time: May 16, 2007, 07:25 PM #83 of 304
Then perhaps some actual details and elaboration could have HELPED your argument, instead of stating things over and over. Take a image, use MS paint to point out his flaws then. All I see is you whining and ranting over someone's opinion and over a couple of game screenshots like a lunatic. If you're so informed and educated, by all means grace us with your wisdom and knowledge. At least it would be more constructive than your rants. I'm not asking you to change your mind, I'm asking you to stop ragging on other's taste and opinions, and have some CONSTRUCTIVE argument and reasons to support your own.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

No. Hard Pass.
Salty for Salt's Sake

Member 27

Level 61.14

Mar 2006

Old May 16, 2007, 10:29 PM Local time: May 16, 2007, 09:29 PM #84 of 304
Oh, a little detail and elaboration? This from someone who, on the first page, basically said what the fuck is this new genre name they've coined, and then a few minutes ago used it as a defense by saying it's not a fighting game, it's a Dramatic progressive action game? Please, you're clearly just taking the view that will best protect your precious SE. If you're so dense you can't understand that words like "dramatic progressive action game" are slang for "rehashed material bastardized," than you're more of an idiot than I give you credit for. Kudos on that.

Kairi Li
Misuzu

Member 1088

Level 32.83

Mar 2006

Old May 16, 2007, 10:31 PM Local time: May 16, 2007, 07:31 PM #85 of 304
Since when have I said it wasn't a fighting game? You confused my posts with Slayer X. I thought it was a fighting game the moment the scans came out.

Like I said, you don't read. And you're just ragging on my posts cause it makes you feel superior. I thought that genre name was ridiculous, since its pretty obivous is a fighting game from the scans. Doesn't mean its gonna automatically make it a crappy game.

Last edited by Kairi Li; May 16, 2007 at 10:34 PM.
No. Hard Pass.
Salty for Salt's Sake

Member 27

Level 61.14

Mar 2006

Old May 16, 2007, 10:34 PM Local time: May 16, 2007, 09:34 PM #86 of 304
I don't read every post every time I reply, no. Sorry for confusing the two of you. If I didn't read, hot shot, I wouldn't have known that was even posted at all.

Kairi Li
Misuzu

Member 1088

Level 32.83

Mar 2006

Old May 16, 2007, 10:35 PM Local time: May 16, 2007, 07:35 PM #87 of 304
You can't argue then if you're unwilling to read every post carefully. I suggest you stop all this before this derails the thead further. You have your opinion, I have mine, and Slayer X has his. Just leave it at that.

FELIPE NO

No. Hard Pass.
Salty for Salt's Sake

Member 27

Level 61.14

Mar 2006

Old May 16, 2007, 10:38 PM Local time: May 16, 2007, 09:38 PM #88 of 304
Ok, pay attention junior. I don't re-read every post before I reply. As in I'm not going to read the hundred posts before every single reply. I have an opinion, you have yours. It's a tragedy that your reputation as a Nomuraite is so prolific that I can't take it seriously.

Kairi Li
Misuzu

Member 1088

Level 32.83

Mar 2006

Old May 16, 2007, 10:43 PM Local time: May 16, 2007, 07:43 PM #89 of 304
Me being a "Nomuraite" (wow you actually took time to think of this?) is your subjective opinion. Doesn't make it true. There are designs he created that annoyed me belive it or not, you would have known however if you bothered reading the previous posts I made. Would have taken only 10 mins.

And insulting others doens't make your opinion more right or better, it just makes you look like you have a holier than thou attitude. I think you should quit posting in a game thread that you dont give a damn about, cause you're just gonna keep stirring up shit for no reason other than to feed your ego. I asked you to elaborate, you can't even give us that. I can't take YOU seriously cause your arguments have no back up.

Can we all go back to the topic on hand PLEASE?

How ya doing, buddy?

No. Hard Pass.
Salty for Salt's Sake

Member 27

Level 61.14

Mar 2006

Old May 16, 2007, 10:51 PM Local time: May 16, 2007, 09:51 PM #90 of 304
Oh, but I do care about this game. I think it's a fucking travesty and incredibly indicative of Square's entire modern movement of halfass remakes and terrible new premises. I've given you my points on Nomura's work. He has bad composition, it's cluttered and it's repetitive. Maybe you were blinded by the chain wallets. You'd know that if you paid any attention to what I've said in other posts. Would have only taken you 10 minutes, junior.

Nomura does shitty design (and yes, he can be a bad artist and have a job. George Lucas keeps getting to make movies, and he's one of the worst dialogue writers in Hollywood). None of the modern Square rehashes have been anything but training exercises for new people who clearly aren't up to snuff. Square has tried this option before, and it turned out fucking horrible. Wow, three wrongs sure do lead to good things. Just because you disagree with my points doesn't mean I haven't made them, ace. Keep up.

Most amazing jew boots

Slayer X

Member 1205

Level 33.36

Mar 2006

Old May 16, 2007, 11:31 PM #91 of 304
I'm no artist nor do I view myself in the position to critique art. However as a gamer, I don't give a fuck if it's Nomura doing concept or Jim Bob the 24th, as long as I can look at a character and say, "that's Sephiroth and that's Zidane" that's all I care about. This who has the beter taste in art is stupid and if you really want to talk about it go somewhere else.

Denicalis: No you can't nor should read the previous 100 posts in a thread before posting, however reading the 10 or so latest ones that pertains to the current discussion is reasonable, as well as allows you to make in informative post. Like I said earlier, some of your prior posts were just totally uninformed as to what happened in simply the last three or so posts and simply makes you look bad. I'm not saying this to lay blame, anything that's done is done, just try to remember this for the future.

Last edited by Slayer X; May 16, 2007 at 11:33 PM.
Rydia
ambitious

Member 22

Level 30.86

Feb 2006

Old May 17, 2007, 12:50 AM Local time: May 16, 2007, 09:50 PM #92 of 304
Let's keep the posts on topic from this point on. Thanks.

Kairi Li
Misuzu

Member 1088

Level 32.83

Mar 2006

Old May 20, 2007, 06:36 PM Local time: May 20, 2007, 03:36 PM #93 of 304
Info on battle system, courtesy of IGN :
Quote:
While last week's announcement of Dissidia Final Fantasy (note the order of the name) was certainly a big surprise, Square Enix didn't really reveal too much about the title. Even after a short trailer at the Square Enix Party, all we could do was make guesses about the battle system.

Enter this week's issue of Famitsu, which provides a first full look at the game.

Believe it or not, they actually managed to put together a storyline for Dissidia in order to explain how all the Final Fantasy heroes and villains got together. It all has to do with the god of balance and harmony, Cosmos, and the god of disorder, Chaos. The eternal war between these two is struck with a slight imbalance, leading to chaos filling the world. All hope lies in 10 warriors brought forth by Cosmos.

The long and the short is, Cosmos has called upon a bunch of Final Fantasy warriors to do battle over a fully 3D battle field. Currently, we know that Warrior of Light (FF1) and Zidan (FF9) will appear in the game. Also appearing (apparently from the Chaos side) are their two greatest rivals, Garland (FF1) and Kuja (FF9). Sephiroth should also be making an appearance, based on what we saw in the Square Enix Party trailer.

As suggested by the storyline, there should be at least 10 heroes in the game. This number does not include characters from the villain side, with character designer and creative director Tetsuya Nomura admitting to Famitsu that the development team is currently simply working on getting as many characters as possible into the game.

The characters will feature in a storyline that players will be able to see by clearing the game's story mode with each one in turn. As this game is being made in celebration of the Final Fantasy series 20th anniversary, one of the hopes of the development staff is that fans will exclaim things like, "I was able to meet that character!".

Considering that this is a fighting game at heart, more important than the storyline is the combat system. Fights revolve around the use of an individual set of special skills to do damage to your rivals. Each character's skills are displayed through a command list on the bottom-left corner, which changes based on distance from your enemy and other special factors. The battle system also includes evasion and jumping, although the controls are said to be simple enough that even players who aren't into action games will be okay.

Players are encouraged to destroy the environments. Destroying pillars and other objects builds up your character's "Brave" meter, which gives you access to new attacks. You also gain an advantage by pounding your opponents, as this causes a special move gauge to build up.

Special moves include the skills that you'd expect to see given the background story of each character. Warrior of Light can transform using a Class Change command. So too can Zidane, making use of a Trance command. Warrior of Light also has an Excalibur command, and when facing off long range, gains access to a "Long Range" attack option.

You'll be able to build up experience through battle, growing stronger as you rise in level. You can also customize your characters with equipment. This should make for some interesting wireless fights against your buddies.

This strange twist of the Final Fantasy series is currently without a release date in Japan. However, as it is a 20th anniversary game, we're expecting to get our hands on it some time this year.
There you have it folks, it is a FIGHTING GAME in full 3D enviroment.

Last edited by Kairi Li; May 20, 2007 at 06:38 PM.
Slayer X

Member 1205

Level 33.36

Mar 2006

Old May 20, 2007, 06:57 PM #94 of 304
Sounds more like Power Stone to me. I'd like to add more to this post, but there's really not much more that needs to be said. Power Stone + Final Fantasy = HOLY SHIT!!!

Freelance
"Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads."

Member 201

Level 37.85

Mar 2006

Old May 20, 2007, 07:23 PM #95 of 304
Ah! I knew it was a fighting game! I hope more than one character from each game will be in it, and not just the 'hero' and the 'villain.' Speaking of which, who'd be the villain for FFVIII? Seifer or Ultimecia?

Makes me want a PSP now. Luckily they're much cheaper now than they were at launch.

FELIPE NO

Last edited by Freelance; May 20, 2007 at 07:40 PM.
Sarag
Fuck yea dinosaurs

Member 748

Level 53.85

Mar 2006

Old May 20, 2007, 08:21 PM #96 of 304
I.... oh christ.

Good fucking christ

i hope rydia's in it

eprox1
The Year 20XX

Member 1977

Level 20.96

Mar 2006

Old May 20, 2007, 09:11 PM Local time: May 20, 2007, 09:11 PM #97 of 304
Good god. Thank you lord for making me hold onto my PSP. Why is Square-Enix so godly when it comes to the graphics department.

I like what they did with Kuja, except for the whole thong looking thing. FFIX is the only final fantasy I have yet to play, though. Is he supposed to be like that?

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Inhert
The body may heal, the mind is not always so resilient.

Member 225

Level 35.92

Mar 2006

Old May 20, 2007, 09:40 PM #98 of 304
omg this look so much fun! and i heard wireless play! well it's probably just psp to psp but we can always hope for an online mode XD I really can't wait for this now ^^

I like what they did with Kuja, except for the whole thong looking thing. FFIX is the only final fantasy I have yet to play, though. Is he supposed to be like that?
hmm yes and he look even more like a girl in FFIX. XD

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Dark Nation
Employed

Member 722

Level 44.20

Mar 2006

Old May 20, 2007, 10:42 PM Local time: May 20, 2007, 08:42 PM #99 of 304
hmm yes and he look even more like a girl in FFIX. XD
As The Governator would say, Kuja is a GIRLY MAAAN.

So we finally got Final Fantasy The Fighter. At least we won't have a shortage of characters to include in the roster. They could even do a multi-man melee like Smash Bros and have have dozens of Cids appearing for you to fend off xD

I'm starting to look foward to this more, but then again, I don't have a PSP and I doubt I'll get one anytime soon. Should I eventually buy one, I'll probably get this along with 2-3 other games. Time will tell I suppose.

WolfDemon
Grub Killer

Member 737

Level 27.82

Mar 2006

Old May 20, 2007, 11:34 PM Local time: May 20, 2007, 08:34 PM #100 of 304
Damn. Looks like I'll have to be buying a PSP again soon. What with this and Crisis Core, as well as the Disgaea port and God of War: Chains of Olympus, it's about damn time some good games started coming out for this system.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [PSP] Dissidia: Final Fantasy Fanboy Fellating Fighting Frenzy!