Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[General Discussion] Mushihimesama Futari & ESPGaluda II - More deaths per minute than World War II

Jurassic Park Chocolate Raptor
Reactor online.
Sensors online.
Weapons online.
All systems nominal.

Member 80

Level 56.91

Mar 2006

Old Feb 23, 2010, 02:58 PM Local time: Feb 23, 2010, 01:58 PM #26 of 34
No one knows exactly, but there are a handful of theories.

The LE probably had to be printed first so it could be bundled with the faceplate, which would have taken longer to manufacture beforehand.

Many people assume after the okish response to Futari overseas that they were shopping for an American publisher to take it overseas, but between the printing of the LE and the SE they either were turned down, gave up on it, or didn't find it worthwhile, and in order to get the few thousand extra sales they opened it up.

While that makes sense, there's been no official word on it, and this is just some speculation. Who knows?

There's nowhere I can't reach.
THE SHMUPER
Arrange Sound Eater

Member 34047

Level 12.58

Jul 2009

Old Feb 23, 2010, 07:14 PM Local time: Feb 23, 2010, 09:14 PM #27 of 34
Cave Shmups are the only reason that i have to brough a (JAP) 360.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
valiant
FRIEND

Member 836

Level 18.98

Mar 2006

Old Feb 23, 2010, 10:56 PM #28 of 34
Its a real shame though that Espgaluda II is going to be (so far) the last region free cave game for the 360.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Reactor online.
Sensors online.
Weapons online.
All systems nominal.

Member 80

Level 56.91

Mar 2006

Old Feb 23, 2010, 10:58 PM Local time: Feb 23, 2010, 09:58 PM #29 of 34
It makes sense, though. This was more an experiment than anything else, and isn't really worth the pain in the ass they seem to be going through. The import outlook on this is looking better, so considering DeathSmiles and everything, maybe they'll be able to farm a few more out for region 1 release.

Here's hoping, at least. Ketsui would have been nice.

How ya doing, buddy?

Last edited by Jurassic Park Chocolate Raptor; Feb 23, 2010 at 11:04 PM.
valiant
FRIEND

Member 836

Level 18.98

Mar 2006

Old Feb 23, 2010, 11:09 PM #30 of 34
I'm hoping the sales of DeathSmiles will determine the future decisions for Cave regarding localization or whatever...

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
THE SHMUPER
Arrange Sound Eater

Member 34047

Level 12.58

Jul 2009

Old Feb 26, 2010, 11:02 AM Local time: Feb 26, 2010, 01:02 PM #31 of 34
Ketsui would have been REAALY nice.

after 8 years, i'm still dying for it!

FELIPE NO
SimDaddyGT
Rage Prower

Member 92

Level 23.72

Mar 2006

Old Mar 12, 2010, 09:43 AM Local time: Mar 12, 2010, 09:43 AM #32 of 34
Just got this little tidbit in my email this morning.

Quote:
To all J-Shooter fans - Here we present Death Smiles II

Bullets, fantasy, and lolita girls have never been combined in such heavenly proportions. The Angels from Death Smiles are back in the game's sequel, and they are going to take you to unknown places in the fairytale kingdom and shoot down new enemies and bosses.

Death Smiles II, the sequel to the hugely popular Death Smiles is coming in May. This is not only a port, but a upgraded version. The graphics are rendered to full 16:9 HD splendour. Look at the screen shots, the gothic fantasy world and their fire spitting monsters have never been so beautiful.

Besides visuals, we have two more characters, Roza, affiliated with a fairy and Foret who has a dragon. Let's see what stories and their special bullets they have.

Meet the new monsters and bosses. The Xbox360 version has two new stages, Meiro - Shiroi yami no naka (Labyrinth - In the White Darkness) and Hairakuen - Mihatenu yume no kuni (Forgotten Paradise - Land of the endless dreams). Fly into them and test your skills against the new bosses Tartarus and the Mad Teddy and Bunny.

This is a game everybody can enjoy, like the previous installment, you can choose the difficulty settings according to your own skills.

The limited edition comes in a beautifully illustrated box and an original soundtrack CD.
This is great news for J360 owners, at least. If you own one, here's the pre-order links.

Standard Edition:
Buy Death Smiles IIX (Xbox360) - Play-Asia.com

Limited Edition:
Buy Death Smiles IIX [First Print Limited Edition] (Xbox360) - Play-Asia.com

Release date is May 27.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Reactor online.
Sensors online.
Weapons online.
All systems nominal.

Member 80

Level 56.91

Mar 2006

Old Mar 12, 2010, 01:39 PM Local time: Mar 12, 2010, 12:39 PM #33 of 34
Yeah, they've confirmed this one's not going to be region free. At least they said something about it early instead of waiting until the relative last minute like Galuda.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [General Discussion] Mushihimesama Futari & ESPGaluda II - More deaths per minute than World War II