Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[General Discussion] I make tribute videos

Freddy Krueger
Good Chocobo

Member 1982

Level 18.37

Mar 2006

Old Nov 24, 2009, 02:34 AM #26 of 40
YouTube - Final Fantasy VII: The Last Soldier

Another new one I just did, this time FFVII:AC. Hope you enjoy!

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Fluffykitten McGrundlepuss
Motherfucking Chocobo

Member 589

Level 64.55

Mar 2006

Old Nov 25, 2009, 07:45 AM Local time: Nov 25, 2009, 01:45 PM #27 of 40
YouTube - Final Fantasy VII: The Last Soldier

Another new one I just did, this time FFVII:AC. Hope you enjoy!
You say in the description that this one is trailer style, but this would make a terrible, terrible trailer. Essentially what you've done in cut a load of the moody scenes over the slow bit of the music and then a load of action segments over the shouty bit of the music. The whole thing is horribly disjointed though, there's no cohereance between the shots you've chosen, it's like you've just cut out a ton of fight moves and then pulled them out of a hat at random.

On top of that, you've committed the worst cardinal sin of giving away the ending in the trailer. The whole point of Advent Children when it came out was obviously to have Cloud fighting Sephiroth in HD. None of the rabid fanboys really gave two shits about the silly plot, they just wanted to see Cloud fighting Sephiroth. As such, the film is one long tease, building up a huge will they, won't they until finally at the end, Sephiroth appears and fights Cloud and all the fanboys shoot their loads.

By putting actual shots of Sephiroth in and by putting them in the middle of the video, you've taken away all that suspense. If this was a trailer, I'd expect it to have ended halfway through with Sephiroth saying Hi to Cloud and you wouldn't have seen his face.

Honestly, it's like you've never actually seen a film trailer before.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Freddy Krueger
Good Chocobo

Member 1982

Level 18.37

Mar 2006

Old Nov 29, 2009, 06:45 PM #28 of 40
I never said it was intended to be a trailer just edited in trailer fashion. All the fans, well most of the fans have seen the movie so showing what I showed is no problem. I said it is a tribute/look back on the movie just edited in trailer fashion. But hey any opinion and criticism is welcome. Some people thought the video was perfect and awesome, some thought it was just done right and some didn't like it. Just as I expected thanks for your time and feedback though

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Krelian
everything is moving

Member 6422

Level 41.55

May 2006

Old Nov 29, 2009, 07:32 PM Local time: Nov 30, 2009, 12:32 AM #29 of 40
I tried so hard and got so far

I was speaking idiomatically.
value tart
FROM THE FLOOR

Member 267

Level 49.52

Mar 2006

Old Nov 30, 2009, 04:09 AM #30 of 40
I never said it was intended to be a trailer just edited in trailer fashion.
Then all of Shin's criticisms are still completely valid. I never honestly thought I'd run into one of you people here on GFF. The kind who honestly believe that when they're told by someone on Youtube "You did a fantastic job!!!" that it should be taken at face value.

Dude. Give it up. You've posted multiple times, been told by many people that what you are doing is randomly cutting together clips from something you like and setting them to god awful music, and every time we tell you why it's not what you say it is you change what it is for the next time.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Freddy Krueger
Good Chocobo

Member 1982

Level 18.37

Mar 2006

Old Nov 30, 2009, 05:07 AM #31 of 40
Then all of Shin's criticisms are still completely valid. I never honestly thought I'd run into one of you people here on GFF. The kind who honestly believe that when they're told by someone on Youtube "You did a fantastic job!!!" that it should be taken at face value.

Dude. Give it up. You've posted multiple times, been told by many people that what you are doing is randomly cutting together clips from something you like and setting them to god awful music, and every time we tell you why it's not what you say it is you change what it is for the next time.
I like how automatically assume that whole Youtube part however it's expected. Unless I'm breaking any of the forum rules though I don't intend to "Give it up"

FELIPE NO
value tart
FROM THE FLOOR

Member 267

Level 49.52

Mar 2006

Old Nov 30, 2009, 05:16 AM #32 of 40
You're one hell of an optimist, I'll give you that.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Zergrinch
Evil Grinch

Member 666

Level 50.98

Mar 2006

Old Nov 30, 2009, 05:28 AM Local time: Nov 30, 2009, 06:28 PM #33 of 40
Praises and bouquets sure feel good, but ultimately you do not learn anything from them.

Shin and Mo0 were giving constructive criticism. Although they may sound harsh, they only want you to be the best that you can be, Freddy!

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Single Post URL
Transparent Color Code:
[color=#14194e]
Freddy Krueger
Good Chocobo

Member 1982

Level 18.37

Mar 2006

Old Nov 30, 2009, 01:02 PM #34 of 40
Praises and bouquets sure feel good, but ultimately you do not learn anything from them.

Shin and Mo0 were giving constructive criticism. Although they may sound harsh, they only want you to be the best that you can be, Freddy!
Everytime a negative comment was posted I still thanked them for their feedback as I said any kind of criticism is welcome. I never took it personally lol.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
value tart
FROM THE FLOOR

Member 267

Level 49.52

Mar 2006

Old Nov 30, 2009, 01:43 PM 1 #35 of 40
The point I was trying to make (and I made it badly last night) was that if you go around and ask the entire Internet how they like it, you're going to find people who absolutely love whatever you do because they're stupid and think "I like Advent Children, and this video has Advent Children, therefore I like this video!"

You don't see that thought process, you see "awesom vid were did u get the song????"

You seem rather intent to keep on keepin' on (a rare trait around here to not get butt hurt when you crash land on some fraction of the forum that decides to make fun of you) and I respect that. I'm just trying to point out that if you're expecting us to change our tune about those videos, you're going to have to change the videos.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Zip
Desert Camel

Member 1607

Level 25.92

Mar 2006

Old Nov 30, 2009, 01:48 PM Local time: Nov 30, 2009, 08:48 PM 1 #36 of 40
this advent children trailer is good, see how you combined different clips of shocked people with the voice saying they are sick. Good shit.

no homo
Freddy Krueger
Good Chocobo

Member 1982

Level 18.37

Mar 2006

Old Dec 1, 2009, 01:29 AM #37 of 40
The point I was trying to make (and I made it badly last night) was that if you go around and ask the entire Internet how they like it, you're going to find people who absolutely love whatever you do because they're stupid and think "I like Advent Children, and this video has Advent Children, therefore I like this video!"

You don't see that thought process, you see "awesom vid were did u get the song????"

You seem rather intent to keep on keepin' on (a rare trait around here to not get butt hurt when you crash land on some fraction of the forum that decides to make fun of you) and I respect that. I'm just trying to point out that if you're expecting us to change our tune about those videos, you're going to have to change the videos.
I see what you're saying and I'm not trying to like change your guy's minds by doing some jedi mind trick lol. You definitely made your point and laid out your opinion. Even though it was a opinion of pretty much hating the videos you at least took the time out to explain why and I can respect that. I also see your point with the comments and what not. But really I do this for fun as I have tons of fun making them so even if one person gives me the usual fanboy comment "ohshiet ff7 rules" I'm still gonna make them and post them just because I have fun doing some. Either way I'm not here for some flame war or debate by any means.

How ya doing, buddy?
Zergrinch
Evil Grinch

Member 666

Level 50.98

Mar 2006

Old Dec 1, 2009, 03:25 AM Local time: Dec 1, 2009, 04:25 PM #38 of 40
* Waves hand over Freddy's face *

You want to emphasize quality over quantity.

How ya doing, buddy?
Single Post URL
Transparent Color Code:
[color=#14194e]
DarkMageOzzie
Chief Strategist

Member 4144

Level 22.75

Mar 2006

Old Dec 1, 2009, 07:30 AM #39 of 40
* Waves hand over Freddy's face *

You want to emphasize quality over quantity.
Nah, he just needs to use Lolis!

FELIPE NO

"Out thought and out fought."
Freddy Krueger
Good Chocobo

Member 1982

Level 18.37

Mar 2006

Old Dec 5, 2009, 11:43 PM #40 of 40
Nah, he just needs to use Lolis!
Lol NO

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [General Discussion] I make tribute videos