Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[PSP] Class of Heroes - Hally Potter-san and the Phirosophers Stone

Final Fantasy Phoneteen
what

Member 119

Level 36.08

Mar 2006

Old Jun 10, 2009, 11:40 AM Local time: Jun 10, 2009, 09:40 AM #1 of 9
Class of Heroes - Hally Potter-san and the Phirosophers Stone

Seriously, what the fuck is with Japan and all these RPGs that center around schools lately?

Anyway. Following on the heels of the Dark Spire is Class of Heroes, which the thread title explains pretty thoroughly-- Wizardry Academy.

It follows the same mechanics as all the others, though. You "enroll" (create) students, have them pick their "major" (stat and job selection), and then use the University as a hub between dungeon treks. One thing I've noticed is that a lot of the jobs and races (such as Valkyrie and Dracon/Drake) are more in line with Wizardry than a lot of the other Japanese variants, which is pretty surprising to see.

I haven't put much time into it yet, naturally, but it should be pretty standard stuff for those familiar with Etrian Odyssey and the Dark Spire.

I'll continue to add to this as I go along.

EDIT:

Pros
Lots of races
Plenty of jobs
Stays fairly true to the Wizardry formula
Strafing is implemented

Cons
No map (from what I can see)
No auto-battle
The other "races" are just humans with pointed ears/wings/whatever

Another thing that bothers me is that, when resting, you're charged for the "heal HP & MP" option but not the "heal MP only" one. Sooo, a Cleric completely circumvents this fee with the Heal spell and repeated use of the MP-only healing. Wasting my time because of a half-baked idea on the developer's part.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Omnislash124
Currently Playing: Phantom Brave

Member 2043

Level 29.93

Mar 2006

Old Jun 10, 2009, 07:46 PM #2 of 9
That was fast.

I just bought the Dark Spire, finally, and here comes another one. Though as I said in the Dark Spire thread, this art style is a little more of what I like to see. Gameplay seems to be about the same at first look, but I can't say much until I've played it. I plan on picking this up sometime in the future, possibly much later in the future. (Still have to start EO2, and now The Dark Spire.)

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Anime FTP
Server Status: -XP MODE-
Anime - PM Request
AnimeOST - PM Request
The Plane Is A Tiger
Time Traveling Consequences

Member 125

Level 45.61

Mar 2006

Old Jun 10, 2009, 08:00 PM #3 of 9
Keep us updated on how this one stacks up to other dungeon crawlers, GB. I've been following Class of Heroes for quite awhile (its original release date was April or May), and I'm tempted to pick it up. I never got into any of Atlus' other games like this, but lately I've had an urge to give one a try.

As for the con about all the races being the same, the differences are in what classes they can choose and party affinity. Something about stat bonuses depending on how well the party works together, and racial tensions lower that.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Final Fantasy Phoneteen
what

Member 119

Level 36.08

Mar 2006

Old Jun 10, 2009, 08:50 PM Local time: Jun 10, 2009, 06:50 PM #4 of 9
So far, I'd rank it on the lower end, Tritoch. The lack of autobattle (like in Etrian Odyssey II) or really fast scrolling (the Dark Spire) is unacceptable for dungeon crawls like these. No map is also pretty bad, but I'm still not 100% certain that there isn't one hidden in the menu somewhere.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
The Plane Is A Tiger
Time Traveling Consequences

Member 125

Level 45.61

Mar 2006

Old Jun 10, 2009, 09:03 PM #5 of 9
No map? I'm not really familiar with these types of games, but that seems inexcusable for a dungeon crawler. I do remember reading that the dungeons are divided into 3 sections, the entrance, exit, and inner sanctum. The inner sanctum isn't randomly generated like the other two. I wonder if they got lazy and only provided a map for the section that isn't random.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Soluzar
De Arimasu!

Member 1222

Level 37.11

Mar 2006

Old Jun 11, 2009, 03:12 AM Local time: Jun 11, 2009, 09:12 AM #6 of 9
No map is also pretty bad, but I'm still not 100% certain that there isn't one hidden in the menu somewhere.
Press square.

You have to visit the faculty office and talk to Miss Yuna to get the map first but then it will auto-map every grid square you visit.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Final Fantasy Phoneteen
what

Member 119

Level 36.08

Mar 2006

Old Jun 11, 2009, 10:31 AM Local time: Jun 11, 2009, 08:31 AM #7 of 9
I chose to head into the dungeons as soon as they became available, so Square did nothing. Thanks for the heads-up.

Most amazing jew boots
Soluzar
De Arimasu!

Member 1222

Level 37.11

Mar 2006

Old Jun 11, 2009, 12:02 PM Local time: Jun 11, 2009, 06:02 PM #8 of 9
I chose to head into the dungeons as soon as they became available, so Square did nothing. Thanks for the heads-up.
Your instincts were correct though. This game would have sucked so bad without a mapping system. Got it working now?

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Heisho-Ryuu
- Item 2 -

Member 2989

Level 14.72

Mar 2006

Old Aug 15, 2009, 12:28 AM Local time: Aug 15, 2009, 12:28 AM #9 of 9
Greetings!
i have a problem with save data of this game
I bought a new memory stick and copied all the saves from the old one, the strange thing here is that when i try to load the save...it says it's corrupted!!
Is there some sort of protection to avoid copying the data or something?

Thanks for any help on this issue.

BTW I already tried all sorts of things like copying to Pc first and the PSP, copying directly from PSP, copyng only the files inside the folder, etc

Jam it back in, in the dark.

~ For Everlasting Peace... ~

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [PSP] Class of Heroes - Hally Potter-san and the Phirosophers Stone