Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Political Palace

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Products of Creation Science
Closed Thread

Paco
????

Member 175

Level 58.82

Mar 2006

Old Nov 17, 2007, 05:18 AM Local time: Nov 17, 2007, 03:18 AM #101 of 270
Alright, ladies. I liked it just fine when it was a nice debate but now it's gotten well off into PP material, which I'm sure LordsSword wanted it to be anyway. Enjoy the view.

Most amazing jew boots
Watts
"Thieves, Robbers, Politicians!"

Member 639

Level 21.12

Mar 2006

Old Nov 17, 2007, 06:14 AM Local time: Nov 17, 2007, 04:14 AM #102 of 270

Watts: Uh the problem stems from people forcing other's kids to listen in on these so called "classes."
It has already been established that these attempts are and will be unsuccessful in the future. There's no problem unless they're successful, which doesn't seem very likely. So all you're doing is waving a red herring at me.

What are you going to do to make people stop trying pass off their values on others at any rate? Fighting bigotry with more intolerance is a losing a battle.

By continuing these pointless debates you've established one thing; they've won. As long as the debate continues they win. And they're the minority to boot. Now that's something to be enraged about!

it won't change the fact that there are people working to subvert the educational experience in order to pursue their own religious agenda.
What makes you think there isn't a agenda already at work? Was the Soviet Union's fine example of adaption in biological evolution not enough?

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
No. Hard Pass.
Salty for Salt's Sake

Member 27

Level 61.14

Mar 2006

Old Nov 17, 2007, 06:27 AM Local time: Nov 17, 2007, 05:27 AM #103 of 270
What makes you think there isn't a agenda already at work? Was the Soviet Union's fine example of adaption in biological evolution not enough?
I'm sorry, did you just infer that the North American school system is pushing an agenda akin to Soviet Russia?

Yeah, from this point on I'm ignoring you completely. You clearly have no grasp of history, biology, or the real world. Kudos, sir, on managing to be as fucking idiotic as LordSword from a completely different perspective.

FELIPE NO

John Mayer just asked me, personally, through an assistant, to sing backup on his new CD.

wvlfpvp
I'm going to write the most erotic, graphic, freakiest friend fiction ever

Member 122

Level 55.02

Mar 2006

Old Nov 17, 2007, 03:15 PM 1 #104 of 270
LOL ignored for being level headed.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
It was lunchtime at Wagstaff.
Touching butts had been banned by the evil Headmaster Frond.
Suddenly, Tina Belcher appeared in the doorway.
She knew what she had to do.
She touched Jimmy Jr's butt and changed the world.
Misogynyst Gynecologist
In A Way, He Died In Every War

Member 389

Level 49.28

Mar 2006

Old Nov 17, 2007, 03:30 PM 1 #105 of 270
There is no rampaging horde of creationists that can make it stick.
"This house is brand new! It hasn't burned down yet! That means it must be completely immune to fire!"

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Bradylama
Banned

Member 18

Level 51.14

Feb 2006

Old Nov 17, 2007, 03:37 PM Local time: Nov 17, 2007, 03:37 PM #106 of 270
You guys know that if this issue comes up, you're supposed to do everything you can to stop it, right? That even if it does get through that it'll be overturned by the courts, right? That arguing until you're blue-faced on the internet isn't how you combat creation science, right?

Right? Right? Right? hey guys

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Sarag
Fuck yea dinosaurs

Member 748

Level 53.85

Mar 2006

Old Nov 17, 2007, 06:29 PM #107 of 270
You guys know that if this issue comes up, you're supposed to do everything you can to stop it, right? That even if it does get through that it'll be overturned by the courts, right? That arguing until you're blue-faced on the internet isn't how you combat creation science, right?
As Lordsword and Watts aren't actually in any position to push creation science (as neither of them are of age to vote) I think I can call this a crisis averted.

Not to say that you don't have a fat lot of nerve complaining about people fighting over the same hot button arguments but

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Misogynyst Gynecologist

Member 389

Level 49.28

Mar 2006

Old Nov 17, 2007, 06:31 PM #108 of 270
Right? Right? Right? hey guys
Did you know that you can stem threads from being interesting by not posting in them yourself? That you too can stop the viral infection that is internet posting?

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
I poked it and it made a sad sound
Struttin'

Member 24

Level 51.86

Mar 2006

Old Nov 17, 2007, 06:39 PM #109 of 270
As Lordsword and Watts aren't actually in any position to push creation science (as neither of them are of age to vote) I think I can call this a crisis averted.
I'm pretty sure LordSword is, actually.

Just sayin'. ;_;

I was speaking idiomatically.
Sarag
Fuck yea dinosaurs

Member 748

Level 53.85

Mar 2006

Old Nov 17, 2007, 07:30 PM #110 of 270
Being religious is no excuse, don't they teach critical thinking these days?

fucking kids

Watts

Member 639

Level 21.12

Mar 2006

Old Nov 17, 2007, 09:10 PM Local time: Nov 17, 2007, 07:10 PM #111 of 270
LOL ignored for being level headed.
I'm glad that somebody else found this all amusing as much as I did.

FELIPE NO
Bradylama
Banned

Member 18

Level 51.14

Feb 2006

Old Nov 17, 2007, 10:42 PM Local time: Nov 17, 2007, 10:42 PM #112 of 270
Not to say that you don't have a fat lot of nerve complaining about people fighting over the same hot button arguments but
I'm just not sure where Watts is pushing Creation Science.

I dunno what kind of wires got crossed, but basically Watts is saying that there isn't a massive Christian Right boogeyman out there that's forcing their agenda on the country at large.

The fact that we're having a Creationist Science debate gives credence to their ideas, because it makes it seem like it's worth debating. There's nothing to debate. Creation Science isn't science, period. The vast majority of our public school systems think so. The vast majority of Americans think so. And our courts think so.

Creation Science isn't science. That's as far as this needs to go.

Still Watts, what were you inferring about agendas and evolution in schools? Because I don't see any kind of agenda unless it involves not teaching kids properly.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
No. Hard Pass.
Salty for Salt's Sake

Member 27

Level 61.14

Mar 2006

Old Nov 18, 2007, 01:28 AM Local time: Nov 18, 2007, 12:28 AM #113 of 270
Oh no, cap'n. I assure you. Plenty of us find you right amusing. Especially the bit where you infer scientific study is akin to Soviet Russia skewing knowledge to make a political point.

John Mayer just asked me, personally, through an assistant, to sing backup on his new CD.

Watts

Member 639

Level 21.12

Mar 2006

Old Nov 18, 2007, 07:33 AM Local time: Nov 18, 2007, 05:33 AM #114 of 270
Still Watts, what were you inferring about agendas and evolution in schools? Because I don't see any kind of agenda unless it involves not teaching kids properly.
Much like philosophy or economics, science has a long history of being co-opted to further social/political agendas. Theories of evolution and natural selection, or rather how it was interpreted spawned social agendas like eugenics (ie: racial discrimination) and political agendas like social Darwinism. (ie: colonialism) Both of which were taught in science classrooms.

It's complacent or lazy to assume that other agendas are not at work in modern day curriculum. Presenting and passing on modern day values onto the next generation.

Misogynyst Gynecologist

Member 389

Level 49.28

Mar 2006

Old Nov 18, 2007, 09:03 AM 1 #115 of 270
It's complacent or lazy to assume that other agendas are not at work in modern day curriculum. Presenting and passing on modern day values onto the next generation.
Its complacent or lazy to make a statement and not present evidence to the current situation. Okay, so there have been times that science has been twisted into an agenda - either make an example involving current situations or shut up.

Bradylama
Banned

Member 18

Level 51.14

Feb 2006

Old Nov 18, 2007, 09:41 AM Local time: Nov 18, 2007, 09:41 AM #116 of 270
Well, coming out of the public school system, I'm having a hard time identifying what agenda, if any, is currently at work. We're obviously not pushing for eugenics any more, and Social Darwinism went the way of the dinosaur. If anything the agenda at work is to keep people ignorant of evolution so that interested parties can claim that "it's just a theory" and not instantly be reacted to with scorn. Most everything I learned about evolution I pretty much taught myself. I can't even recall taking anything resembling a biology class in High School, and I went to a school with a high number of college-going graduates.

Most amazing jew boots
wvlfpvp
I'm going to write the most erotic, graphic, freakiest friend fiction ever

Member 122

Level 55.02

Mar 2006

Old Nov 18, 2007, 11:00 AM #117 of 270
My post------------------->

Your head--------------------------------->

It was lunchtime at Wagstaff.
Touching butts had been banned by the evil Headmaster Frond.
Suddenly, Tina Belcher appeared in the doorway.
She knew what she had to do.
She touched Jimmy Jr's butt and changed the world.
Misogynyst Gynecologist

Member 389

Level 49.28

Mar 2006

Old Nov 18, 2007, 12:36 PM #118 of 270
I went to a school with a high number of college-going graduates.
I like the inference that people who believe in theological creation are people who struggle to get their GED.

RABicle
TEHLINK

Member 1049

Level 33.00

Mar 2006

Old Nov 18, 2007, 12:47 PM Local time: Nov 19, 2007, 01:47 AM #119 of 270
Much like philosophy or economics, science has a long history of being co-opted to further social/political agendas. Theories of evolution and natural selection, or rather how it was interpreted spawned social agendas like eugenics (ie: racial discrimination) and political agendas like social Darwinism. (ie: colonialism) Both of which were taught in science classrooms.

Last time I checked I wasn't living in Nazi Germany. Eugenics? Come on now.

FELIPE NO
Bradylama
Banned

Member 18

Level 51.14

Feb 2006

Old Nov 18, 2007, 12:56 PM Local time: Nov 18, 2007, 12:56 PM #120 of 270
I like the inference that people who believe in theological creation are people who struggle to get their GED.
I'm not saying that the kids should be dumb, our school actually had a plan to gear us for college. In many ways it was preparatory. The fact that none of us were really prepared for any field involving biology couldn't have just been a mistake.

Quote:
Eugenics carried a tremendous stigma because of the Holocaust. Before WW2 it was illegal for the retarded to procreate.

Most amazing jew boots

Last edited by Bradylama; Nov 18, 2007 at 06:55 PM.
Watts

Member 639

Level 21.12

Mar 2006

Old Nov 18, 2007, 07:36 PM Local time: Nov 18, 2007, 05:36 PM #121 of 270
Last I checked the science curriculum didn't have an agenda aside from education and the teaching of the scientific process. Unless there is some secret society trying to get us all in goggles and white lab coats. RR you sick, sick man.
It's really simple if you actually think about it. (or read the topic with any degree of reading comprehension) I was agreeing with everyone else in their views about "creation science". Brady already pointed that out. Yet because I did not meet their standard of persecuting or leaving the creationists alone to pursue their agenda, I was instantly met with animosity. This being no different when it comes to the reception that skepticism regarding current scientific issues like global warming are met with. Despite the pre-existing scientific evidence to the contrary.

I'll spell it out. Since the inception of public education and continuing well into this day.... the overall agenda is;

Uniformity. -and when someone dares challenge that uniformity- Animosity.

It's even easier to tell what's not being taught in public schools. Reading comprehension and critical thought. Though I do not know if that's intentional, or just a byproduct of so many simple minded people.

Most everything I learned about evolution I pretty much taught myself. I can't even recall taking anything resembling a biology class in High School, and I went to a school with a high number of college-going graduates.
If you would've taken biology when in high school, (it was a requirement for both my middle and high school) when you got to the subject
of natural selection it would've stressed three important values; freedom, competition, and the struggle for survival. The cornerstones of capitalism as far as I'm concerned. Which I have no problem with.

But I'm not a Marxist. Surely they could complain about a bias in the way Natural Selection was portrayed.

Science is not inherently bias or dogmatic. It just depends on how it's portrayed. (bold for emphasis)

It's funny that you mention that. Eugenics was big particularly in the United States and Canada until Nazi Germany took it upon itself to prove it's wrong. Sterilization programs continued past the Holocaust. We just did it to the mentally impaired instead of people who weren't racially pure.

I'm sure there was people who were skeptical about eugenics at the time. That's half the problem, because if you did you would not only just be met with animosity. You probably would've died in a concentration camp in Nazi Germany.

The other problem of course is that the majority of people bought into the eugenics theory (that eventually led to the Holocaust) in the first place. The minority of skeptical people who were smart just kept their mouths shut or were marginalized.

We're obviously not pushing for eugenics any more,
I'm not so sure about that either. Most of the eugenicists and organizations pushing eugenics were forced into the scientific underground. They changed over into genetics or other areas of biology. This doesn't mean their
underlining ideology has been stamped out. The degree of manipulation at work depends on the positions of influence former eugenicists hold in current
scientific research. Like say, the Human Genome Project.

Sarag
Fuck yea dinosaurs

Member 748

Level 53.85

Mar 2006

Old Nov 18, 2007, 07:51 PM #122 of 270
The other problem of course is that the majority of people bought into the eugenics theory (that eventually led to the Holocaust) in the first place. The minority of skeptical people who were smart just kept their mouths shut or were marginalized.
Wow, and you use this as comparison with your skepticism with evolutionary theory?

really?

where are you confused? Where do you think the science doesn't add up?

Also I like how you're hopping on the train ride of "I don't agree with forcefully sterilizing people against their will" like this is a badge of honor. welcome to the rest of the world, numbnuts.

Watts

Member 639

Level 21.12

Mar 2006

Old Nov 18, 2007, 07:55 PM Local time: Nov 18, 2007, 05:55 PM #123 of 270
Wow, and you use this as comparison with your skepticism with evolutionary theory?
I have no problem with evolutionary theory, outside of the Soviet example I used earlier and the Marxist take on natural selection.

How many times do I have to say I'm not for creationism, "creation science", or intelligent design? Nevermind, I'm just going to stop.

Also I like how you're hopping on the train ride of "I don't agree with forcefully sterilizing people against their will" like this is a badge of honor. welcome to the rest of the world, numbnuts.
Simple minded insults from a simple minded person.

YO PITTSBURGH MIKE HERE

no

Member 74

Level 51.30

Mar 2006

Old Nov 18, 2007, 07:58 PM Local time: Nov 18, 2007, 04:58 PM 2 #124 of 270
Simple minded insults from a simple minded person.
Playground retorts from an appropriately minded child.

Keep the change, kid.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
No. Hard Pass.
Salty for Salt's Sake

Member 27

Level 61.14

Mar 2006

Old Nov 18, 2007, 08:01 PM Local time: Nov 18, 2007, 07:01 PM #125 of 270
You've missed the point, Lurker. His argument basically boils down to: "You hate me because I'm different, while I hate you because you're all the same."

For someone who was screaming about a lack of critical thought, he's pretty quick to wave his arms around and scream AGENDA with no proof beyond his own petty paranoia. But he's right, you know. We're taught to think in a uniform fashion. Which is why anthropology always agrees with sociology, who always agrees with psychology, who always agrees with religious studies, etc.

It's a pity. Smart enough to read Farenheit 451, not smart enough to apply the metaphor properly. Ah well, maybe the next one, eh Watts?

Oh, and as a P.S.

There is no big vast conspiracy pushing a scientific agenda. And even if there were, it would get overturned anyway. You see why your logic is burying you?

Closed Thread

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Political Palace > Products of Creation Science