Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Political Palace

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

America to Disintegrate in 2010

Shorty
21. Arch of the Warrior Maidens

Member 2028

Level 30.81

Mar 2006

Old Jan 15, 2009, 07:16 PM Local time: Jan 15, 2009, 05:16 PM #26 of 34
Thank you, RR. (For posting the statistical research I was too lazy to look up)

Most amazing jew boots
guyinrubbersuit
The Lotus Eater

Member 628

Level 30.15

Mar 2006

Old Jan 20, 2009, 02:12 AM Local time: Jan 20, 2009, 12:12 AM #27 of 34
When I first read this I thought 'Oh shit! John Titor is being proven right somewhat vaguely!'

I don't really think this argument holds any substance. I can see a civil war happening but not next year.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
DesertEase
Carob Nut

Member 5573

Level 5.90

Apr 2006

Old Jan 20, 2009, 08:40 PM #28 of 34
Who are going to be the combatants in this civil war?

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
YO PITTSBURGH MIKE HERE

no

Member 74

Level 51.30

Mar 2006

Old Jan 20, 2009, 10:10 PM Local time: Jan 20, 2009, 07:10 PM 3 #29 of 34
Marvel superheros.

I was speaking idiomatically.
DarkMageOzzie
Chief Strategist

Member 4144

Level 22.75

Mar 2006

Old Jan 27, 2009, 12:52 PM 1 #30 of 34
I think it's safe to say that most people would rather be poor then a battlefield casualty, so I don't see a civil war breaking out due to our economic problems. The only thing I could see causing a civil war was if they ever tried to bring back the draft.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

"Out thought and out fought."
Ah! Amoeba
"You mean the movies lied?"

Member 177

Level 31.14

Mar 2006

Old Jan 31, 2009, 05:52 PM Local time: Jan 31, 2009, 05:52 PM 3 #31 of 34
This is the greatest premise for a war ever, Ozzie! On one side, the U.S Government; on the other, a bunch of 18 to 30-something pacifists outraged at the notion of being forced into combat. What lies in the balance? Their right to not fight in a war if they don't want to!

Request thread title changed to: The Harry Turtledove Plot Leak.

FELIPE NO
RABicle
TEHLINK

Member 1049

Level 33.00

Mar 2006

Old Feb 3, 2009, 12:26 AM Local time: Feb 3, 2009, 01:26 PM #32 of 34
How will this affect future attempts to reclaim the Americas Cup?

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
AtomicDuck
Quackus Maximus

Member 27199

Level 5.82

Dec 2007

Old Feb 19, 2009, 01:24 AM #33 of 34

According to a Russian Professor, anyway, after a ruinous civil war breaks out in mid-2009.

Source: As if Things Weren't Bad Enough, Russian Professor Predicts End of U.S. - WSJ.com

Spoiler:
For a decade, Russian academic Igor Panarin has been predicting the U.S. will fall apart in 2010. For most of that time, he admits, few took his argument -- that an economic and moral collapse will trigger a civil war and the eventual breakup of the U.S. -- very seriously.

(snip)

Mr. Panarin posits, in brief, that mass immigration, economic decline, and moral degradation will trigger a civil war next fall and the collapse of the dollar. Around the end of June 2010, or early July, he says, the U.S. will break into six pieces.

Of course, my first reaction after reading this piece was to laugh out very loudly indeed. The face of it looks much like wishful thinking on the part of a quack Russian academic. And he was in fact treated like a quack for the better part of a decade.

But! My interactions with lurker in chat have proven to me that I know absolutely nothing about how Americans believe. Thus, while I may personally think that such an outcome is ludicrous, perhaps I might be mistaken in my belief!

So, I hereby pose this question to the people who live in America, who work in America, and who know America best. Is there, in fact, a "45-55% chance" that such a thing will happen next year?
Well the country is long-overdue for a revolution, but as it is I don't foresee anything that could lead the US to fall apart unless we hit another depression. If we fall into a depression though, then I won't be surprised in the least if something like that happens.
But if we get absorbed into other countries I expect Canada and China will get a bigger chunk than what that guy's predicting, especially since the two countries own our ass as it is. Not like I'll care, if I think we're getting close to a civil war I'm heading to Canada. No way in hell am I putting my life on the line for this place.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Last edited by AtomicDuck; Feb 19, 2009 at 01:26 AM. Reason: Mouse was over the send button and the cats hit it, thus posting my post before it was done
Tehgato
Welcome Home

Member 2607

Level 9.30

Mar 2006

Old Feb 24, 2009, 09:41 AM #34 of 34
The European Union almost rejected Turkey due to it not being a part of Europe, so what makes this Russian professor think that the European Union would accept the Northeast? And screw Europe, by the way, I'm from the Northeast and I would rather not be thought of as having the same mindset as one of the strange Americans this professor surveyed/stalked.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
This cat will kill you.
Spoiler:

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Political Palace > America to Disintegrate in 2010