Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[DS] Castlevania: Symphony of the Tits

The Plane Is A Tiger
Time Traveling Consequences

Member 125

Level 45.61

Mar 2006

Old Oct 24, 2008, 02:42 PM #101 of 129
I take back what I said about the game being really easy. The misty forest is such a sharp spike in difficulty, it's crazy. Especially those guys who throw the bloody lances.

I was speaking idiomatically.
chato
Prime Spark

Member 232

Level 39.22

Mar 2006

Old Oct 24, 2008, 03:11 PM #102 of 129
yeah. I stopped playing for 2-3 days because of that. But you can also jump over them since they possess shitty experience points. After that, it becomes more challanging .

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Single Elbow
You have no dignity.

Member 707

Level 34.01

Mar 2006

Old Oct 25, 2008, 05:17 PM Local time: Oct 25, 2008, 03:17 PM #103 of 129
With the exception of the current lighthouse crab problem, I'm doing A-ok. Good balance of difficulty and fun all around in this game.

Currently level 15 and just rescued like.. 2 villagers even (the old man doesn't count). Will grind more until I can defeat that pesky crab with either the axe glyph or the lightning glyph.

Most amazing jew boots
The Plane Is A Tiger

Member 125

Level 45.61

Mar 2006

Old Oct 25, 2008, 06:15 PM #104 of 129
Currently level 15 and just rescued like.. 2 villagers even (the old man doesn't count). Will grind more until I can defeat that pesky crab with either the axe glyph or the lightning glyph.
I used the crystal glyph you get after rescuing the old man in the village. It drops pretty much straight down and deals 10-12 damage to the crab.

Most amazing jew boots
Sin Ansem
Miyamoto digs Negi Springfield

Member 1148

Level 21.64

Mar 2006

Old Oct 25, 2008, 06:22 PM #105 of 129
IMPOSSIBLE REQUEST: Can someone with more ripping/talent than I make an avatar of the Wallman?

Jam it back in, in the dark.
seanne
²°°

Member 69

Level 35.40

Mar 2006

Old Oct 25, 2008, 06:58 PM Local time: Oct 26, 2008, 01:58 AM #106 of 129
Will grind more until I can defeat that pesky crab with either the axe glyph or the lightning glyph.
A combination of the Scythe and Lightning glyphs worked well for me. The special attack the lightning will give you is sooo useful.

How ya doing, buddy?
Single Elbow
You have no dignity.

Member 707

Level 34.01

Mar 2006

Old Oct 26, 2008, 12:11 AM Local time: Oct 25, 2008, 10:11 PM #107 of 129
I used the crystal glyph you get after rescuing the old man in the village. It drops pretty much straight down and deals 10-12 damage to the crab.
Used this on the third try after trying (with little luck) on the axe; defeated him with that. All boils down to evading his attacks mostly (with the crystal shedding 15 HP per hit).

A combination of the Scythe and Lightning glyphs worked well for me. The special attack the lightning will give you is sooo useful.
Quite true. The lightning one is darned useful against a lot of enemies. Then again, since my heart meter is quite low for now, I mostly depend on the X and Y buttons to do the work (plus the occasional special).

Also set the sword/sword/magnet set for A, lance/lance/magnet for B and either axe/axe/magnet, lightning/lightning/magnet or any type of close-range weaponry for C for now, until I find a combination better. Also will use that zombie glyph sooner or later.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Sin Ansem
Miyamoto digs Negi Springfield

Member 1148

Level 21.64

Mar 2006

Old Oct 27, 2008, 06:26 PM #108 of 129
Beat the game. The final boss pulls some surprising shit on you but doesn't reach the frenetic awesome of PoR.

BTW, full OST is out. From what I've heard, the (unfortunately mere) six arranged tracks blow their DS counterparts out of the water.

We seem to have some naming differences between the tracks though...

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
chato
Prime Spark

Member 232

Level 39.22

Mar 2006

Old Oct 27, 2008, 07:12 PM #109 of 129
Wow I just went through my other CV ost's and Tower of Dolls was originally in Castlevania Chronicles. Overall, the game was great. Now we gotta wait til next october..

Also, the arranged tracks are good but I prefer Scorched Earth of Solemnity's original version over the remix.

Most amazing jew boots
Single Elbow
You have no dignity.

Member 707

Level 34.01

Mar 2006

Old Oct 27, 2008, 07:54 PM Local time: Oct 27, 2008, 05:54 PM #110 of 129
Oh lol. Got the bad ending myself.

Now to play it all over again.

Dark Nation
Employed

Member 722

Level 44.20

Mar 2006

Old Oct 28, 2008, 03:32 AM Local time: Oct 28, 2008, 01:32 AM #111 of 129
So I just decided to check this out, the game seems pretty fun, standard fare so far... but what the fuck do I do at that boss in the prison? The giant skeleton. Getting killed in 3-4 hits isn't fun.

FELIPE NO
Single Elbow
You have no dignity.

Member 707

Level 34.01

Mar 2006

Old Oct 28, 2008, 03:35 AM Local time: Oct 28, 2008, 01:35 AM #112 of 129
So I just decided to check this out, the game seems pretty fun, standard fare so far... but what the fuck do I do at that boss in the prison? The giant skeleton. Getting killed in 3-4 hits isn't fun.
Use the 3 magnets to your advantage. And don't forget the backdash/stepping away as far as possible.

If still hard then well.. time to grind a bit. Fought the giant skeleton at around level 5-6.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Dark Nation
Employed

Member 722

Level 44.20

Mar 2006

Old Oct 28, 2008, 03:39 AM Local time: Oct 28, 2008, 01:39 AM #113 of 129
Alright, will do then. The problem with the magnets for me is that sometimes if the skeleton gets too close, Shona or whatever her name is, will get hit and then automatically fall back in a "hurt" pose, which is like,
counter-productive to me getting onto the bloody magnet in the first place. Maybe I'm just rusty in 'Vanias.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Single Elbow
You have no dignity.

Member 707

Level 34.01

Mar 2006

Old Oct 28, 2008, 03:45 AM Local time: Oct 28, 2008, 01:45 AM #114 of 129
Alright, will do then. The problem with the magnets for me is that sometimes if the skeleton gets too close, Shona or whatever her name is, will get hit and then automatically fall back in a "hurt" pose, which is like,
counter-productive to me getting onto the bloody magnet in the first place. Maybe I'm just rusty in 'Vanias.
If the boss is too close, backdash/step back. Magnet when he stoops down, then back to his front since fighting with his back turned to you is challenging enough.

Also don't rush here dude. Take your time. Memorize attack patterns and if you die, apply learned patterns. That's what I did even if it took me numerous tries. Game's challenging as heck but satisfyingly rewarding when you kick that boss' ass.

Also what glyphs are you using dude?

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Metal Sphere
It's Agrias time.

Member 84

Level 36.59

Mar 2006

Old Nov 4, 2008, 12:42 AM #115 of 129
Hey folks, anyone else getting medals for beating bosses? What's that all about?

The text is part of the image and the two squires aren't exactly even.
The Plane Is A Tiger

Member 125

Level 45.61

Mar 2006

Old Nov 4, 2008, 12:45 AM #116 of 129
I read that each boss gives a medal if you can beat him without taking any damage.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Metal Sphere
It's Agrias time.

Member 84

Level 36.59

Mar 2006

Old Nov 4, 2008, 12:57 AM #117 of 129
Oh shit, really? I just beat Eligor and now that I think about it, he didn't touch me once. Can't remember old shadow puppet dude doing it either. Do you get anything for beating all the bosses like that and getting all their medals?

The Plane Is A Tiger

Member 125

Level 45.61

Mar 2006

Old Nov 4, 2008, 01:06 AM #118 of 129
I haven't seen anyone actually mention what effect, if any, they have. Just that you get them for beating bosses without getting hit.

Stop Sign
By the sea

Member 1161

Level 21.66

Mar 2006

Old Nov 4, 2008, 01:10 AM Local time: Nov 3, 2008, 11:10 PM #119 of 129
Eligor's pretty awesome. I beat him using the auto-targeting bow, but I imagine the axes would have been just as good, if not better.

FELIPE NO
Metal Sphere
It's Agrias time.

Member 84

Level 36.59

Mar 2006

Old Nov 4, 2008, 07:23 AM #120 of 129
I haven't seen anyone actually mention what effect, if any, they have. Just that you get them for beating bosses without getting hit.
Oh, well at least I know why I was receiving them. Knowing that it's a reward for a good player is more than enough.

Originally Posted by Stop Sign
Eligor's pretty awesome. I beat him using the auto-targeting bow, but I imagine the axes would have been just as good, if not better.
He was definitely pretty wild, since the battle demands so much from you (destroying the jewels while he's facing you, running underneath when he rears up, figuring out how to destroy both bows, slide through a microscopic gap between his hoof and the ground when he hops, etc)

I used Melio Ascia for the bows since it was stronger than Melio Arcus. The latter is way safer because, as you mentioned, it auto-targets rather than having to make several short hops underneath him so the axes will reach him.

BTW, another question which has stumped me: What the hell does the Justice Ring do? It says that "Enemies killed increase attack power" but I'm not seeing any kind of damage boost when I put it on.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

Para
Style & Sexy

Member 889

Level 18.77

Mar 2006

Old Nov 8, 2008, 02:04 PM #121 of 129
Its possible that you just haven't killed enough monsters to see an effect?

Most amazing jew boots
Missing that one music track:
Fire Fight - Mission X // Frostbite

Metal Sphere
It's Agrias time.

Member 84

Level 36.59

Mar 2006

Old Nov 9, 2008, 02:30 AM #122 of 129
That was probably it. From the time I posted that message to now, I've racked up an obscene amount of kills. It's currently giving me +15 in attack power, too bad Justice Rings don't seem to stack (like Death Rings).

BTW, I did all the Large Cavern and Training Hall hullabaloo and the rare items from both. The latter was feeding me my ass until I picked up a Ruby Hairpin and made full use of Emperor Ring + High Potion/Refectio.

I tossed all that stuff on and ran through hard mode with the level 50 cap, and just tore through both Boss Rush courses in ~ 3:10 for Course A (goddamn Brachyura) and ~2:30 for Course B. The speed rewards you get are kind of lame.

Eye of Devil counts as headwear and basically makes the game run at 1/2 speed. This includes Shanoa, if you were wondering. I'm not sure if this is supposed to be useful or a novelty item. The Eye of God just replaces the figures that appear when you inflict damage with the target's remaining health. Good for bosses?

The reward for beating it on hard (Queen of Hearts hat), is phenomenal. Using glyph unions like a madman is great, and it easily leaves Laura's Royal Crown in the dust with its stat boosts.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Angel of Light
A Confused Mansbridge

Member 6635

Level 26.61

May 2006

Old Nov 9, 2008, 10:50 PM Local time: Nov 10, 2008, 12:20 AM #123 of 129
I finally had a chance to pick up the game the other day, and I have to admit I'm actually enjoying this game a lot more than Portrait of Ruin just due to the fact of how challenging it has been. I only just finished the skeleton cave and I actually love how they have ramped up the difficulty.

I've also been having problems with the giant prison skeleton and also the giant crab. After memorizing attack patterns I finally beat them even if it took me quite a few tries. I had a miserable time beating the crab because I was totally oblivious to the fact that you had to kill him using the elevator. I just kept swinging at him till I got fed up and knew something else had to be done to beat him.

Sometimes I find the boss fights quite tedious but it adds to the challenge of the game and also my enjoyment. I found with the boss fights in Portrait of Ruin too straight forward and incredibly easy. This game however I find requires patience and attacking at the right time since it is so incredibly easy to get killed.

Overall, I hope the rest of the levels are just as challening and entertaining as the levels I've already played in this game. I'm getting a bit of nostalgic love for the castlevania series with this game because I just recently finished Super Castlevania IV on the VC and playing that game made me realize how dreadfully difficult the castlevania series can be since I died quite a few times trying to finish that game. It is good to see this game have a good amount of challenge factor that is so well known in many of the games in the castlevania series.

Metal Sphere
It's Agrias time.

Member 84

Level 36.59

Mar 2006

Old Nov 10, 2008, 11:16 AM 2 #124 of 129
Originally Posted by Angel of Light
I had a miserable time beating the crab because I was totally oblivious to the fact that you had to kill him using the elevator. I just kept swinging at him till I got fed up

Rest assured, you weren't the only one who felt that way. Figuring out that the elevator was the key and how he gets killed more than made up for it, though. Elevator piledrive, baby.

Most amazing jew boots

Vemp
fuuuuuu

Member 929

Level 33.83

Mar 2006

Old Nov 11, 2008, 05:00 PM Local time: Nov 12, 2008, 06:00 AM #125 of 129
This is actually the first Castlevania game I've enjoyed and played for more than an hour since Symphony of the Night! Is this made of win or is it made of WIN?!

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [DS] Castlevania: Symphony of the Tits