Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Political Palace
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Kerry and his "botched joke"

Lord Styphon
Malevolently Mercurial

Member 3

Level 50.41

Feb 2006

Old Nov 2, 2006, 08:04 PM Local time: Nov 2, 2006, 08:04 PM #26 of 71
Originally Posted by Aramaethe
Oh, Lord Styphon decided to join in, trust you to come and talk about something completely useless. I believe last time I talked to you you criticized my spelling.
Actually, it's not entirely useless. Thank you for coming in and giving us a live demonstration of how John Kerry learned that saying something stupid, even if it's just one thing, serves as a lightning rod that brings everything to a screeching halt as everyone turns to blast you for saying something stupid.

And then, like Senator Kerry, making it worse by not just shutting up and going away after saying something stupid the first time.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
No. Hard Pass.
Salty for Salt's Sake

Member 27

Level 61.14

Mar 2006

Old Nov 2, 2006, 08:06 PM Local time: Nov 2, 2006, 07:06 PM #27 of 71
I didn't say they were liars( they are though ). I'm just sayin what I think is best for the country. Those quotes are ideas I don't agree with. Ahem, are you black? Cause if you are...j/k.
You bitch at me because i said someone was narrow-minded but noone will hear me out because i am extreme right wing.
First off, the first sentence is the fucking height of hypocrisy and idiocy. Congratulations, I'll make you a medal. And no, we don't dismiss you for being right wing, we dismiss you because you make blanket statements with no proof backing them up whatsoever. If I walked into a club and yelled "people who like techno are ruining the country!" I wouldn't expect them to be dismissing me because I'm tall, I'd expect they're doing it because I'm clearly an idiot. You follow me here, chief?

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

John Mayer just asked me, personally, through an assistant, to sing backup on his new CD.

Meth
I'm not entirely joking.

Member 565

Level 26.04

Mar 2006

Old Nov 2, 2006, 08:08 PM Local time: Nov 2, 2006, 07:08 PM #28 of 71
Sure he is (MJ FOX on making his own decisions), but for some strange reason, I don't get the impression that those that would benefit from his support actually care about his cause. They seem to care more about their own personal advancement. But then again, that's just the impression that I've gathered. Perhaps I'm wrong to label all politicos as power hungry scumbags instead of humble public servants.

How ya doing, buddy?
No. Hard Pass.
Salty for Salt's Sake

Member 27

Level 61.14

Mar 2006

Old Nov 2, 2006, 08:10 PM Local time: Nov 2, 2006, 07:10 PM #29 of 71
Originally Posted by RAZGRIZ-2
Oh they're scumbags but I don't think it's necessarily fair to paint the portrait that Fox is just being used by these people. He has his motivations as well.
Michael J Fox has proven himself to be a very intelligent man over the years. I'd say he's more likely to be using the politicians than the other way around.

I was speaking idiomatically.

John Mayer just asked me, personally, through an assistant, to sing backup on his new CD.

Meth
I'm not entirely joking.

Member 565

Level 26.04

Mar 2006

Old Nov 2, 2006, 08:11 PM Local time: Nov 2, 2006, 07:11 PM #30 of 71
I think MJ Fox's cause is a noble one. I'd just like to see some of these politico's show some support for his cause all the time instead of just election time.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Meth
I'm not entirely joking.

Member 565

Level 26.04

Mar 2006

Old Nov 2, 2006, 08:12 PM Local time: Nov 2, 2006, 07:12 PM #31 of 71
Originally Posted by Denicalis
Michael J Fox has proven himself to be a very intelligent man over the years. I'd say he's more likely to be using the politicians than the other way around.
Let's hope so.

FELIPE NO
No. Hard Pass.
Salty for Salt's Sake

Member 27

Level 61.14

Mar 2006

Old Nov 2, 2006, 08:13 PM Local time: Nov 2, 2006, 07:13 PM #32 of 71
Originally Posted by MetheGelfling
I think MJ Fox's cause is a noble one. I'd just like to see some of these politico's show some support for his cause all the time instead of just election time.
Ya, that I can fully support. I think politicians could do a lot if they'd just fucking stick to their guns.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

Kalekkan
Chocobo

Member 697

Level 11.22

Mar 2006

Old Nov 2, 2006, 09:06 PM #33 of 71
Kalekkan, you honestly think that the Republicans are bigger weasels than the Democrats? I admit they are both a bit weaselish, but the Democratic party puts spin on EVERYTHING. They have the biggest, stupidest mouths in the government and they don't know when to close them. For God's sake they are using Michael J. Fox as one of their poster boys just because he shakes alot!
You can't be serious... weaselish? No, I'm talking about indictments and breaking the law. I mean, come on... Tom Delay, former House Majority Leader had to step down because of taking bribes and money laundering. And what example do you bring to argue with? Michael J Fox?

Take a look at this article.

Quote:
Indictments, investigations and allegations of wrongdoing have helped put at least 15 Republican House seats in jeopardy, enough to swing control to the Democrats on Tuesday even before the larger issues of war, economic unease and President Bush are invoked.
That quote couldn't be in any simpler English. If certain Republicans could stop taking bribes and chasing around underage boys then maybe they wouldn't be endangered of losing their majority standing.

Quote:
Really? I thought polls were won by thumb wrestling and games of tic-tac-toe.
Thanks for the added useless spam... not that you'll probably even read this post or follow-up with the topic, but I'll elaborate and explain something to you anyway. Polls are not only won by slinging mud desperately at your opponents. Things like setting a positive example and not being under investigation tend to help campaigns go a bit smoother. When you've got over a dozen spots threatened, all you care about is trying to take the negative focus on that and put it somewhere else.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Aramaethe
QUALITY Pimp

Member 11878

Level 6.55

Aug 2006

Old Nov 3, 2006, 02:47 AM Local time: Nov 3, 2006, 01:47 AM #34 of 71
Look, I'm not saying that all of yall's points aren't valid ones. But, I'm not going to write a ten page essay about why i dislike liberals just for the sake of a forum, that is why I make blanket statements because I will do nothing more than speak generally on a topic unless I feel it is absolutely necesary. Kalekkan, I see what you are saying now, I think i misconstrued what you were saying.
But seriously, is what I'm saying really stupid? Or do you just refuse to accept my beliefs because they are extreme? I don't see any other reason why you wouldn't. Who are you people to say that something is stupid. OH! I forgot that you people sit and play with Gamingforce all day long. That obviously counts for something right?

No. Hard Pass.
Salty for Salt's Sake

Member 27

Level 61.14

Mar 2006

Old Nov 3, 2006, 02:50 AM Local time: Nov 3, 2006, 01:50 AM #35 of 71
Look, I'm not saying that all of yall's points aren't valid ones. But, I'm not going to write a ten page essay about why i dislike liberals just for the sake of a forum, that is why I make blanket statements because I will do nothing more than speak generally on a topic unless I feel it is absolutely necesary. Kalekkan, I see what you are saying now, I think i misconstrued what you were saying.
But seriously, is what I'm saying really stupid? Or do you just refuse to accept my beliefs because they are extreme. I don't see any other reason why you wouldn't? Who are you people to say that something is stupid. OH! I forgot that you people sit and play with Gamingforce all day long. That obviously counts for something right?
No, but my three degrees do. As does my long term involvement in politics. But I mean, clearly I'm dismissing you for being extreme, Simply Majestic. It's not because you say things like Liberals are ruining America, a country founded on liberalism, or because you run your mouth about how the left is using Michael J. Fox, when if you did your homework, you'd know he sought out the candidate, not the other way around. I'm saying you're wrong because you are. But keep talking, you make me look good.

Aramaethe
QUALITY Pimp

Member 11878

Level 6.55

Aug 2006

Old Nov 3, 2006, 03:03 AM Local time: Nov 3, 2006, 02:03 AM #36 of 71
Honestly, i don't care about your degrees, I'm working on mine. That doesn't make you right, and it doesn't make me think any better of you because you are involved in politics. Doesn't the candidate have to agree to someone's support as far as ads and promos go?

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Skexis
Beyond

Member 770

Level 34.03

Mar 2006

Old Nov 3, 2006, 03:06 AM Local time: Nov 3, 2006, 03:06 AM #37 of 71
Honestly, i don't care about your degrees, I'm working on mine. That doesn't make you right, and it doesn't make me think any better of you because you are involved in politics. Doesn't the candidate have to agree to someone's support as far as ads and promos go?
You don't have to, but, uh, generally people don't like being dismissed out of hand, especially by someone who has admitted he has no interest in actually debating anything in the debate forum.

(...)

Aramaethe
QUALITY Pimp

Member 11878

Level 6.55

Aug 2006

Old Nov 3, 2006, 03:09 AM Local time: Nov 3, 2006, 02:09 AM #38 of 71
Oh no, I'm debating.

Skexis
Beyond

Member 770

Level 34.03

Mar 2006

Old Nov 3, 2006, 03:11 AM Local time: Nov 3, 2006, 03:11 AM #39 of 71
Oh no, I'm debating.
Like the part where you refuse to acknowledge others' arguments, and keep spouting tired pundit rhetoric?

Most amazing jew boots
Aramaethe
QUALITY Pimp

Member 11878

Level 6.55

Aug 2006

Old Nov 3, 2006, 03:13 AM Local time: Nov 3, 2006, 02:13 AM #40 of 71
If yo u read more carefully I am accepting their arguements. It is they who don't accept mine.

Skexis
Beyond

Member 770

Level 34.03

Mar 2006

Old Nov 3, 2006, 03:16 AM Local time: Nov 3, 2006, 03:16 AM #41 of 71
You've avoided their arguments in favor of explaining why you shouldn't have to explain yourself. Saying "my arguments are extreme" does not count as a valid point.

But hey, it's your funeral.

told u i wuz hardcore

Meth
I'm not entirely joking.

Member 565

Level 26.04

Mar 2006

Old Nov 3, 2006, 03:20 AM Local time: Nov 3, 2006, 02:20 AM #42 of 71
Originally Posted by Denicalis
...It's not because you say things like Liberals are ruining America, a country founded on liberalism...
Oh c'mon Deni, you know that the liberals of today are quite different than classical liberals. To come out and say that the US was founded on the current connotation of "liberal" is quite a stretch. They have quite a different view on the role of gov't.

RABicle
TEHLINK

Member 1049

Level 33.00

Mar 2006

Old Nov 3, 2006, 03:30 AM Local time: Nov 3, 2006, 04:30 PM #43 of 71
You know, I've never met anyone intelligent who wanted to join the armed forces. I don't think Kerry was trying to tell a joke. I think he was trying to share facts.

Ant
Larry Oji, Super Moderator, Judge, "Dirge for the Follin" Project Director, VG Frequency Creator

Member 10363

Level 2.38

Jul 2006

Old Nov 3, 2006, 04:54 AM Local time: Nov 3, 2006, 01:54 AM #44 of 71
Originally Posted by RABicle
You know, I've never met anyone intelligent who wanted to join the armed forces. I don't think Kerry was trying to tell a joke. I think he was trying to share facts.
loolz.

Yeah, it's one thing to join the military for the honor/prestige/serving country factor, but sadly any of that is watered down by the immense number of high school drop outs that decide to do nothing else with their lives, so they just give in to the military pestering them and go enlist.

edit: on the enlisting topic though, I feel bad for anyone coming back from serving in Iraq and getting shit from basically anyone. People on the road, soccer moms, etc. etc. If I were to put my life on the line for their country, I would expect some damn respect from the country I'm doing it for, but jeez. Well, it might be a different story for those who are just serving because they decided to do nothing else. k end tangent

Most amazing jew boots

Last edited by Ant; Nov 3, 2006 at 05:00 AM.
Lord Styphon
Malevolently Mercurial

Member 3

Level 50.41

Feb 2006

Old Nov 3, 2006, 05:14 AM Local time: Nov 3, 2006, 05:14 AM #45 of 71
If he actually was serious, as you suggest, it merely offers further evidence that John Kerry is an idiot.

Kalekkan
Chocobo

Member 697

Level 11.22

Mar 2006

Old Nov 3, 2006, 07:50 AM #46 of 71
Military positions are often what you make of them. Some of the most elite jobs in the nation involve the military. However, military personnel who do well at their positions can find themselves being shifted all over the globe which really isn't something that settles too well with some people who want to consider it as a career. Also, private companies like Lockheed who work for the military often offer better pay rates. It's likely the people you've met didn't have very high goals set and often for those people, military is an easy choice. You can enter with fairly low education and come out with a decent skill set, high discipline, and early retirement.

Quote:
But seriously, is what I'm saying really stupid? Or do you just refuse to accept my beliefs because they are extreme? I don't see any other reason why you wouldn't. Who are you people to say that something is stupid.
People aren't refusing to accept your beliefs because they are extreme. People are refusing to accept what you say because you aren't backing up any of it with anything. You are spouting offensive nonsense and not following up with it. You think liberals are ruining the country? Give an example. So far all I've seen from you is Michael J Fox.

Quote:
But, I'm not going to write a ten page essay about why i dislike liberals just for the sake of a forum, that is why I make blanket statements because I will do nothing more than speak generally on a topic unless I feel it is absolutely necesary.
You're probably making posts in the wrong section on this forum then and should probably keep your blanket statements to yourself. You have a ChocoJournal, use it.

Quote:
OH! I forgot that you people sit and play with Gamingforce all day long. That obviously counts for something right?
Then why is it that you are here? Criticizing people for something you're currently doing isn't very intelligent.

kuttlas
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 824

Level 22.74

Mar 2006

Old Nov 3, 2006, 09:00 AM Local time: Nov 3, 2006, 07:00 AM #47 of 71
Honestly I don't think what he said is as bad as people make it out to be. In the context of Kerry's military service, if he meant what he actually said, it would be somewhat true. Look who got drafted to serve in Vietnam, minorities and poor whites, because they couldn't afford to go to college. Of course since this is 2006 his comment is pretty much insulting, but not suprising since he had a habit of putting his foot in his mouth.

How ya doing, buddy?
Bradylama
Banned

Member 18

Level 51.14

Feb 2006

Old Nov 3, 2006, 12:33 PM Local time: Nov 3, 2006, 12:33 PM #48 of 71
You know, as far as RAB's personal experiences are concerned, it could, maybe, be that he's Australian, and that you probably would have to be an idiot to join the Australian Army.

Aramaethe
QUALITY Pimp

Member 11878

Level 6.55

Aug 2006

Old Nov 3, 2006, 02:13 PM Local time: Nov 3, 2006, 01:13 PM #49 of 71
I'm not trying to impress, but if you attack me I'll insult you. Anne Coulter? What a lame excuse for a laugh. Nice, am I to assume you don't watch Fox News? I didn't ever say that people would like what I had to say.
The Democratic party is a shell of what it was. They used to be reasonable about most issues and both parties would work together to come to a compromise. I'm not saying the Republicans are any better. What I am saying is that John Kerry is a sorry excuse for a politician.

Aramaethe
QUALITY Pimp

Member 11878

Level 6.55

Aug 2006

Old Nov 3, 2006, 02:19 PM Local time: Nov 3, 2006, 01:19 PM #50 of 71
Originally Posted by Devoxy
So why didn't you just name Kerry specifically in the first place? Why all this "liberals ruin the country" jive?
You are right, this wasn't the place for that and I'm sorry. It's just that when people start drilling me for my first statement I can't stop the "jive". My beliefs are strong about some things. Maybe I'll indulge one day.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Political Palace > Kerry and his "botched joke"