Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Political Palace

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Canada Prime Minister Stephen harper, the new height of arrogance

Balcony Heckler
The Comedy Art of Insult

Member 13861

Level 15.34

Oct 2006

Old Dec 15, 2006, 09:54 AM Local time: Dec 15, 2006, 12:24 PM #1 of 21
Canada Prime Minister Stephen harper, the new height of arrogance

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/story/2006/...-election.html

Wow is all I have to say. how arrogant and childish can one politician get?

Jam it back in, in the dark.

You know what? you just might be full enough of shit to apply for congress
No. Hard Pass.
Salty for Salt's Sake

Member 27

Level 61.14

Mar 2006

Old Dec 15, 2006, 09:56 AM Local time: Dec 15, 2006, 08:56 AM #2 of 21
It's not so much arrogant as he's playing a political game, mate. He knows fully that the liberals being ousted had more to do with the public punishing them than it did with actual politics. If the cons want to stay in power, they have to do something to prove they've earned it, and they haven't. He's trying to stall for time.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

John Mayer just asked me, personally, through an assistant, to sing backup on his new CD.

Balcony Heckler
The Comedy Art of Insult

Member 13861

Level 15.34

Oct 2006

Old Dec 15, 2006, 09:58 AM Local time: Dec 15, 2006, 12:28 PM #3 of 21
Originally Posted by Denicalis
It's not so much arrogant as he's playing a political game, mate. He knows fully that the liberals being ousted had more to do with the public punishing them than it did with actual politics. If the cons want to stay in power, they have to do something to prove they've earned it, and they haven't. He's trying to stall for time.

very true, but he essentially did the political equivilant of having TV cameras in his office, latching himself to his desk, screaming "Mine! Mineeeee!"

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Chibi Neko
The hell am I doing here?

Member 922

Level 27.65

Mar 2006

Old Dec 15, 2006, 10:14 AM Local time: Dec 15, 2006, 11:44 AM #4 of 21
Sure he is playing the politcal game, but he still has a lot of balls saying 'there is no reason to have a election now, the people do not want a election' when that was the exact case during this time last year. The election could have waited till after the holidays.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Bradylama
Banned

Member 18

Level 51.14

Feb 2006

Old Dec 15, 2006, 10:50 AM Local time: Dec 15, 2006, 10:50 AM #5 of 21
He talks a good game, that's for damn sure.

Arrogance really has nothing to do with it.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Chibi Neko

Member 922

Level 27.65

Mar 2006

Old Dec 15, 2006, 12:01 PM Local time: Dec 15, 2006, 01:31 PM #6 of 21
I bet the reason why he is saying that bullshit is because he knows that if a election where to take place, he would most likely lose this postition as PM.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Bradylama
Banned

Member 18

Level 51.14

Feb 2006

Old Dec 15, 2006, 12:22 PM Local time: Dec 15, 2006, 12:22 PM #7 of 21
No shit?

It's ballsy, and I like that. Canadians could use leadership with balls.

I like big balls.

FELIPE NO
No. Hard Pass.
Salty for Salt's Sake

Member 27

Level 61.14

Mar 2006

Old Dec 15, 2006, 12:28 PM Local time: Dec 15, 2006, 11:28 AM #8 of 21
Originally Posted by Bradylama
I like big balls.
This quote aside, I agree with Brady here. Of course he's doing it to strengthen his own position. Why would he even make a comment if not to bolster himself? I don't like the conservative government, largely due to Harper's personal agenda, but I don't much care for the liberals until they can prove they have a leader worth believing in.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

John Mayer just asked me, personally, through an assistant, to sing backup on his new CD.

Chibi Neko

Member 922

Level 27.65

Mar 2006

Old Dec 15, 2006, 01:22 PM Local time: Dec 15, 2006, 02:52 PM #9 of 21
I don't like the conservatives either, and the liberals don't have a good history... I voted for NDP. However the new leader of the liberal party looks promising. Guess we will have to see what happens.

How ya doing, buddy?
acid
Fighting For Freedom Wherever There's Trouble

Member 643

Level 19.09

Mar 2006

Old Dec 15, 2006, 07:12 PM Local time: Dec 15, 2006, 06:12 PM #10 of 21
Quote:
"I have no reason to call an election. The public's not asking for an election. I don't know what the reason for an election would be."
Keep in mind, this is from the same guy that said he didn't "believe the polls that most Canadians are against the war in Afghanistan".

If he doesn't like it, it doesn't exist.

That being said, does anyone else think that everytime he's on tv he looks like he put on too much makeup? He's so pale and...flat. It's like the fucking Joker is running the place.

Most amazing jew boots

GI Joe is the codename for America's highly trained special mission force. Its purpose: to defend human freedom against COBRA. A ruthless terrorist organization determined to rule the world.

24 can't jump the shark. Jack Bauer ate the shark long ago. Now 24 can only jump the water, and that doesn't mean anything. - Jazzflight
<Krizzzopolis> acid you are made of win.
<Dissolution> And now my god damn scissors are all milky
Para
Style & Sexy

Member 889

Level 18.77

Mar 2006

Old Dec 15, 2006, 10:13 PM #11 of 21
Remember.. Harper knows how to play the political game... even if you don't agree with his politics.

Missing that one music track:
Fire Fight - Mission X // Frostbite

The Wise Vivi

Member 136

Level 37.96

Mar 2006

Old Dec 19, 2006, 02:36 AM Local time: Dec 19, 2006, 02:36 AM #12 of 21
I voted NDP as well, although I tend towards the Liberals. I don't like Stephan Harper at all, and am getting more disappointed with him every time he does something that opens up old wounds, such as the Quebec thing a couple weeks ago and the gay marriage thing.

lordjames
Carob Nut

Member 1690

Level 5.27

Mar 2006

Old Dec 20, 2006, 12:49 AM #13 of 21
I don't see how this has anything to do with arrogance. Of course Stephen Harper wants to remain Prime Minister; it would be stupid if he didn't. The thing that irritates me the most about all of this is the BQ (Bloc Quebecoise): they insist that the Canadian military should focus more on reconstruction in Kandahar, but how the hell are they supposed to do that when there's a war going on over there?

The Conservatives are the only party in Parliament that have a viable plan for victory in Afghanistan. It's the Conservatives who are dedicated to increasing defence spending and keeping our troops equipped while they take the fight to the Taliban. If we have a weak foreign policy, we will continue to be an irrelevant power with no influence around the world. To have a say in anything we have to prove that we're willing to commit our troops to dangerous missions. Most important, when we commit to a mission we have to show that we will actually follow through with it until the objective is completed.

I personally don't want another Liberal government undermining our military, especially when we are now more at risk against a terrorist attack than at any other point in our modern history.

I was speaking idiomatically.

Last edited by lordjames; Dec 20, 2006 at 01:04 AM.
Cal
_

Member 76

Level 25.37

Mar 2006

Old Dec 20, 2006, 03:08 AM Local time: Dec 20, 2006, 06:08 PM #14 of 21
Quote:
If we have a weak foreign policy, we will continue to be an irrelevant power with no influence around the world.
Read: If we have low defence spending, we will continue to be an irrelevant power with no influence around the world.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
LlooooydGEEEOOORGE
Bradylama
Banned

Member 18

Level 51.14

Feb 2006

Old Dec 20, 2006, 03:31 AM Local time: Dec 20, 2006, 03:31 AM #15 of 21
He does have a point, though. It's hard if not impossible to focus on reconstructing when some douche with a mortar can blow up weeks worth of construction. We've proven that point quite well.

Canada's the best thing the Afghans have right now. Shifting the focus of their mission means one of two things: Harper is right and the Bloc is using the Afghan mission as a scapegoat, or the Bloc (if not liberals in general) wants to undermine the Canadian mission and provide the pretext for withdrawal.

FELIPE NO
ArrowHead
Scadian Canadian

Member 2020

Level 20.25

Mar 2006

Old Dec 20, 2006, 11:01 AM #16 of 21
Originally Posted by Bradylama
He talks a good game, that's for damn sure.

Arrogance really has nothing to do with it.
QFT. Heck, I've been called a crazy lib before but even I think Harper's doing a good job so far. I really don't see why he should be bothered to hold an election.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
agtorange
euzebiusz smolarek

Member 455

Level 16.48

Mar 2006

Old Dec 22, 2006, 03:36 AM #17 of 21
didnt martin get us into afghanistan in the first place?
and why are we fighting america's war? and why does the polish defence minister have to be appointed by the states? and why does there have be a scandal around every american election? and where's michael moore and why havent we heard anything about the camera's he provided for the ohio electiorate in the bush/kerry duel just to make sure nothing fishy is going on?

as far as the quebec issue goes, wasnt it liberal candidate ignatieff who insisted that quebec be a nation within canada? as much as i hate the conservatives, i just feel a political coup in the making. i voted ndp before, and i'll vote ndp again. and yes, layton DOES have budget skills, he ballaced paul martin's in his final year while the cons/libs we're busy mudslinging each other.

oh, and gay rights/abortion. i dont care what your sentiments are. it just seems like the hot topic-de-jour which pops up to cover up some controversy. the first time was when bush wanted to set up military bases on our seashores, the other when martin was trying to hide stuff before the election. frankly who you choose to sleep with shouldnt even involve politics. that could be used to build hospital/roads ect ect.

if we're to get rid of harper it better be for something better. none of the vote for the less of 2 evils garbage. i miss jean chretien already.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Last edited by agtorange; Dec 22, 2006 at 03:38 AM.
Aramaethe
QUALITY Pimp

Member 11878

Level 6.55

Aug 2006

Old Dec 22, 2006, 03:47 AM Local time: Dec 22, 2006, 02:47 AM #18 of 21
Wait... I'm a staunch conservative... although the Rupublican party in America is not exactly consevative anymore. But to me countries such as England, France and Canada don't really have a line between the two movements. They are all liberal to me. As far as arrogance on this man's part I don't see it. He is trying to hold his position. He sounds more fearful of losing his job than arrogant. He does sound like a dick though.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Balcony Heckler
The Comedy Art of Insult

Member 13861

Level 15.34

Oct 2006

Old Jan 2, 2007, 09:05 PM Local time: Jan 2, 2007, 11:35 PM #19 of 21
yeah. that pretty much sums it up. once the election comes up, he'll be out of there faster than fresh baked donuts at Tim Horton's

Mithrandir
Hot Tamale

Member 1121

Level 6.05

Mar 2006

Old Jan 7, 2007, 04:06 PM #20 of 21
Polls aren't a precise view of something.

I don't see mysekf as prime minister and then asking for a poll among all canadians to see what their opinion is about something so I can take the "good" decision.

I hate this kind of crap about polls. People elected someone, then do with it. I'm perfectly fine with the way he's going right now. Sure, he might relegate Kyoto to the lowest priority and he's going to pay eventually for that.

Politics works so that if the people don't like it, then you don't get elected in the next elections.

So, why should we spend again millions of dollars on elections that we don't really need right now. I mean, they don't have the balance of power of the house, the NDP does. So, if it has to be overthrown then tell the NDP, Bloc and Liberals to do so. But do not think he's going to rely on polls to make hs decisions, that would be just plain stupid. I mean yes, it would be the best democracy ever, but what if everyone would be for a stupid law (fictionnal example here) such as you have to wacth tv only two hours a day, no more no less. Would he then pass the law because the polls told him to?

If people are angry, then protest. I don't see much people protesting right now...

That said, I might be from Quebec City, but I hate the Bloc...and the liberals.

Not six....more like half a dozen...
loyalist
Carob Nut

Member 1217

Level 6.05

Mar 2006

Old Jan 22, 2007, 06:14 PM #21 of 21
Quote:
I voted NDP as well, although I tend towards the Liberals. I don't like Stephan Harper at all, and am getting more disappointed with him every time he does something that opens up old wounds, such as the Quebec thing a couple weeks ago and the gay marriage thing.
1) The Bloc introduced a Quebec motion, and Harper very skilfully got them to agree to his own version of the Quebec motion which really took their thunder.

2) It was an election to have a vote on gay marriage, and now the issue is finally buried.

Quote:
and why are we fighting america's war?
First off, it is not "America's War", nor is it another Iraq. It is a NATO mission that has been legitmized by the UN and serving Canada's national interest -which by the way, is the role of the Canadian Forces. That's why we deployed peacekeepers and its wh we are deploying combat troops and CIDA.

The fact is that Harper has broken ONE election promise that I can think of. That's a very good track record as far as PMs go. He's sorted out softwood lumber, taken larger steps to rebuild the Canadian military, has played his role well in supporting the Afghan mission and has done a good job managing the economy.

What more could you ask for? Stephan Dion has plenty of ideas, as he is a an academic, but he doesn't seem to have an ability to reach out and create a vision of Canada as Harper can.

Most amazing jew boots

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Political Palace > Canada Prime Minister Stephen harper, the new height of arrogance