Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Help Desk
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

A way to convert old XML Messenger files?

FannKiba
Memories of Nobody

Member 2366

Level 4.68

Mar 2006

Old May 3, 2010, 09:06 PM Local time: May 3, 2010, 07:06 PM #1 of 3
A way to convert old XML Messenger files?

So a while back I saved a bunch of Windows Live IM's, and I swore I thought I saved them in Word Documents so I could just have them for later on cause it is some good stuff to me. Anyway I guess I didn't save them as Word Docs, and I recently wiped my PC saving them to CD and such and now that I am on my new OS I realize they are all still XML format.

It makes them hard to read, and it also makes them seem way longer then they actually are, even though some are still long.

I was just wondering if there was a good way to convert old IM XML's into a readable Word Document format or something? I tried googling some converter software or something but I only found stuff that is for a different type of XML file.

Help is much appreciated!

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Funky Soy Sauce Pringles
LIAR
AND ITS-A ME, WA WA WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

Member 77

Level 22.22

Mar 2006

Old May 4, 2010, 09:56 AM Local time: May 4, 2010, 06:56 AM #2 of 3
Convert Windows Live Messenger XML ChatLogs to Messenger Plus! Live HTML ChatLogs
Can I convert MSN chat log to plus! format?

Those links will give you some help if you're not sure how to parse XML.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka
FannKiba
Memories of Nobody

Member 2366

Level 4.68

Mar 2006

Old May 5, 2010, 02:06 PM Local time: May 5, 2010, 12:06 PM #3 of 3
Oh my, thanks a lot! The link with the post that has the guy giving the code for the XSL worked, just put that file in the folder with the XML logs and open the m in XML editor and they come up again!

Now to save them in word format properly.

Thanks a lot!

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Funky Soy Sauce Pringles

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Help Desk > A way to convert old XML Messenger files?