Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Help Desk
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

A little html/php problem

Roph
ヽ(ºДº)ノ

Member 63

Level 25.06

Mar 2006

Old Aug 1, 2006, 08:30 AM Local time: Aug 1, 2006, 02:30 PM #1 of 2
A little html/php problem

So I have a lot of videos on my site. For them I use flash video, in the swf/flv method. I encode and then upload my .flv, then create a .swf that plays it.

I'm using the Joomla CMS for my site, and embedding this .swf into a page in it doesn't work correctly (the 2nd .swf file for the video controls like volume etc. doesn't show), so instead I use an iframe of a simple file that shows the video. (I hope I haven't confused you ;_; )

To ease adding new videos, each of my .swfs is in it's own folder and named index.swf. My "show video" file just displays the index.swf and also has a direct link to it for fullscreen viewing if anybody wants to see it fullscreen.

My problem is that the videos don't show in Internet Explorer ;__; but they work fine in firefox.

PHP Code:
<html><head><title>Short Story Slyph.org Display Video</title></head>
<
body style="background-color: #FFEECA; color: #fff; font: bold 12px arial, verdana, sans-serif;">

<
center><object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000"

<embed src="index.swf" quality="high" bgcolor="#FFEECA" width="400" height="300" align="top"

allowScriptAccess="sameDomain" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" /></object><center><br>
<
center><a href="index.swf" TARGET="blank"><strong>View Fullscreen</strong></a></center>

</
body>
</
html
An example of it in action is here, and you'll notice that it's showing an iframe of This, of which the code is above. I'm an ultimate HTML newbie so I'm guessing I've made an error somewhere Any help would be <3'd.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Bigblah
Tails is incompetent!

Member 5

Level 45.31

Feb 2006

Old Aug 1, 2006, 10:50 AM Local time: Aug 1, 2006, 11:50 PM #2 of 2
I suppose you could take a look at this page:
http://weblogs.macromedia.com/access...earch_of_a.cfm

Try looking at the source for the nested object method (it doesn't use any <embed> tags).

Then again, it could be because your first object tag is missing the closing bracket.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Help Desk > A little html/php problem